Toymods » The Outhouse » The 'real' HIP HOP thread

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: The 'real' HIP HOP thread Mon, 21 June 2004 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahahhaa, centrelink r more underground than hilltops

speaking of hilltops, i just got out of a riced up ta22, with dodgy gt striping, neons, cannon, subs, pumping hilltops, i put my headphones over my eyes! WACK - all of those things go together
  Send a private message to this user    
4ageeza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: The 'real' HIP HOP thread Mon, 21 June 2004 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked Shocked oh the horror! hoods are WACK
thevelvetgreasemonkey
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: The 'real' HIP HOP thread Mon, 21 June 2004 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It seems no one mentioned Lyrics Born or Blackalicious Shocked. They do some quality work.................Chris
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: The 'real' HIP HOP thread Mon, 21 June 2004 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thevelvetgreasemonkey, you have a long name
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Real hip hop Mon, 21 June 2004 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As far as i'm concerned gangsta rap is legitamate rap music and at the moment the best kind everyone here is confusing hip hop and rap. hip hop is the culture rap is the music and to a certain point so is RNB. What about r kelly ? his isn't a rapper he is rnb. Aussie rap is fucking shit hill top dick heads i mean what the fuck ??? and hip hop culture in australia is bullshit no1 should b rapping about fucking skateboards. i'm not just saying that usa hip hop is the only good stuff either dizzy rascal he is from the uk he is good . Just 4 the record 50 cent is a mouthy bastard behind his bodyguards but that is so what he has a big body . He was MADE 4 the masses like dickheads in commodores who wear his t-shirts.Oh and eminem he is a hypocritical rasisct . Sorry i just had to have say something if u think i'm wrong tell me and i'm the kind of person who will write off music cuz its aussie show me sum good stuff i'll try it and maybe like it but i haven't come accross anything yet.

Mookiemadskillz
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: The 'real' HIP HOP thread Tue, 22 June 2004 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pretty much what he said

"rap" is only one element of hip hop

i saw that ad for the nosebleed suction! lol

and what is EVEN STUPIDER, the term "THE NOSE BLEED SECTION" comes from NBA in america, referring to the poor people who can only afford the seats that are so high up that they get nose bleeds. as redman says " u can see how high i am just from the nose bleed", they are saying the nosebleed section is the front row? is that FUCKING RETARDED or what?

PLUS, that song is almost a direct sample from renee gayer, and they have had to pay a lot of copywrite fees, as too many musical bars were similaras it was a BREACH of copywrite, talk about BITERS, sampling is how a lot of hip hop is made but its supposed to be stealth, fools Twisted Evil

a famous international producer said when nose bleed was played to him, "turn this yokelling music off" OWNED

4ageeza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: The 'real' HIP HOP thread Tue, 22 June 2004 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
truenosedan wrote on Tue, 22 June 2004 14:53

pretty much what he said

"rap" is only one element of hip hop

i saw that ad for the nosebleed suction! lol

and what is EVEN STUPIDER, the term "THE NOSE BLEED SECTION" comes from NBA in america, referring to the poor people who can only afford the seats that are so high up that they get nose bleeds. as redman says " u can see how high i am just from the nose bleed", they are saying the nosebleed section is the front row? is that FUCKING RETARDED or what?

PLUS, that song is almost a direct sample from renee gayer, and they have had to pay a lot of copywrite fees, as too many musical bars were similaras it was a BREACH of copywrite, talk about BITERS, sampling is how a lot of hip hop is made but its supposed to be stealth, fools Twisted Evil

a famous international producer said when nose bleed was played to him, "turn this yokelling music off" OWNED

werd! Laughing Laughing
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: The 'real' HIP HOP thread Thu, 24 June 2004 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: The 'real' HIP HOP thread Thu, 24 June 2004 15:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EPMD
How the fuck could I forget these KATS!!!!!

By the way could people please care to read the topic, thats my MFin' say

[Updated on: Thu, 24 June 2004 15:35]

truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: The 'real' HIP HOP thread Fri, 25 June 2004 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yup EPMD are sick, same cats different name...., i said it in my first post epmd,

when i got an email advising me there had been a reply it said EMPD, i was like wtf, but in the topic it was right?? mods care to explain? lol Laughing
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: The 'real' HIP HOP thread Fri, 25 June 2004 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HAHAHAHAThat was my fault, if you notice it says updated about 1 min after I posted it (tad drunk). Yeah EMPD rock, who are they though, hehehe
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: The 'real' HIP HOP thread Fri, 25 June 2004 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Erik Millenium Parish Dukkets?

Rolling Eyes
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: The 'real' HIP HOP thread Sun, 27 June 2004 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how come nobody has mentioned sno?

"Informer, ya know, me daddy, me sno, me i go blam"
hahaha jk

seriously though microphone fiend by eric b and rakim my favoirite. RATM also did an awsome cover for those interested
4ageeza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: The 'real' HIP HOP thread Sun, 27 June 2004 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mynameisrodney wrote on Sun, 27 June 2004 21:21

seriously though microphone fiend by eric b and rakim my favoirite. RATM also did an awsome cover for those interested

Rolling Eyes
SillyCar88 wrote on Fri, 25 June 2004 01:04

By the way could people please care to read the topic, thats my MFin' say

Mine 2!
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: The 'real' HIP HOP thread Sun, 27 June 2004 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
calm down
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: The 'real' HIP HOP thread Sun, 27 June 2004 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing You got shut down! Laughing
venzy
Regular

May 2004
Re: The 'real' HIP HOP thread Sun, 27 June 2004 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SillyCar88 wrote on Fri, 18 June 2004 16:17

truenosedan wrote on Fri, 18 June 2004 10:06

Quote:

Anyway, i like tupac, and then theres many more, usher, bone thugs....theres too many to mention...i think biggie is a bitch Smile he can go fuck himself...although i like some of his songs hahaha

that is the dumbest comment i have heard today, u just made me realise how much u DONT like hip hop with a statement like that Rolling Eyes, everyone can have an opinion but, biggie being a bitch Twisted Evil

Hey dude that ain't HIP HOP its what you call GANGSTA RAP, That goes into the WAK list!!!
Dissin Biggie thats just plain uneducated bullshit i'd hear from someone that loves Top 40.
Sorry I'm going to go heard the sheep BAH, BAH bahhhh

jeez boys...eze up, cant u see im just stiring shit Smile
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: The 'real' HIP HOP thread Sun, 27 June 2004 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing You got shut down! Laughing

I'm good at stiring shit too Very Happy
venzy
Regular

May 2004
Re: The 'real' HIP HOP thread Sun, 27 June 2004 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually, i have nothing against biggie wat so ever, i just saw some people mentioning him.

btw, i still love tupac but its the only 'gangster rap' i like. Otherwise im into r&b, not so much hip hop
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: The 'real' HIP HOP thread Mon, 28 June 2004 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fooled me
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: The 'real' HIP HOP thread Mon, 28 June 2004 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorta off topic but has anyone heard of Scribe?
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: The 'real' HIP HOP thread Mon, 28 June 2004 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes it is off topic cos he isnt real hip hop hahahahaha

nah i used to like scribe, but his new shit??? i dont even hate him cos he has sold out, but

"how many you know could rock a show like this not many, if any"
then says i dont know n e body...

P-money makes some fresh beats

Most NZ mc's suck much dick

Cyphonetik and word perfect especially

straight to the wack list hahahahaa

[Updated on: Mon, 28 June 2004 09:06]

truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: The 'real' HIP HOP thread Thu, 01 July 2004 17:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
did n e one go to ugly duckling at trafic tonight?
torque
Regular

May 2003
Re: The 'real' HIP HOP thread Tue, 06 July 2004 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rap and hip hop are totally seperate in my opinion.. and "r n b" as well..

classic example of hip hop (and I can't believe no one has mentioned them in this thread).. spearhead.. now that is hip hop!
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: The 'real' HIP HOP thread Tue, 06 July 2004 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does anybody read the "the source" ?
that should answer these questions
deltathing
Regular

June 2004
Re: The 'real' HIP HOP thread Thu, 08 July 2004 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yah yah

listing...
the good
pharoah monch
talib kweli
organized konfusion
common sense
jehst
cool keith
anti pop consortium
mos def
gangstarr
mr lif
akrobatik
aesop rock
jedi mind tricks
sub conscious
beatnuts
masterminds
the roots
latryx
(lyrics born)
blackalicious
!!dj shadow!!
rjd2
j5

anyway most things off def jux label and quannum projects
mo wax..

theres many ive probly forgotten.. but ill update

wack shit... hilltops, puff, umm yeah you know who they are..

sif you gave j5 a novelty vote truenosedan..
guess you like it a bit more raw..
theres mad shades of excellence.

4ageeza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: The 'real' HIP HOP thread Thu, 08 July 2004 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
restekpa!
matt86sx
Regular

April 2004

Re: The 'real' HIP HOP thread Thu, 08 July 2004 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Now this is kinda old skool, but what about the Disposable Heroes of Hiphoprisy? Haven't had a mention yet.....

The song "Television, The Drug of the Nation" is still one of the most amazing things I have ever heard....as much for what it says as how it sounds. Released in '91 (I believe), still just as relevant today......perhaps even more so.
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: The 'real' HIP HOP thread Fri, 09 July 2004 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How about BODYCOUNT!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
4ageeza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: The 'real' HIP HOP thread Fri, 09 July 2004 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hows about Kool Moe Dee ? Cool
SillyCar88
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: The 'real' HIP HOP thread Fri, 09 July 2004 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fuck howz this I was just reading this thread, and guess what comes on my Media Radio (AccuRadio), "Disposable Heroes of Hiphoprisy" -California Uber Alles-
UNCANNY!!! Skull - Blink
I never heard the name but heard their songs.
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: The 'real' HIP HOP thread Sat, 08 January 2005 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
truenosedan wrote on Sat, 19 June 2004 22:27

Method Man Redman Blackout would be in mine for sure!

CHOICE.
the new endz & means album kicks ass!
love the bias B and the matty B!!

keep up the good thread and keep on graffin!!!
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: The 'real' HIP HOP thread Sat, 08 January 2005 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think what really really really defines hip hop, is speaking your mind (truthfully) and graffiti!
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0QQAmAxMUEpy89VA9B6!EWfkno7o7AKlOq!1yqz6E!Db8gJ0HQzPhS9696foHqq6oBEiT94DoUOlzJSpuQueSRG7GkNtf5iRgYTjyrXbAcKk/graf.jpg?dc=4675504992076896555
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SADfAkAWojPlsDhXvC7gSAu6bcU3WpT9gYDVEzxNsjxw3OgG3UPpYokHvNebmi7Ut53bM*9Ifqg2dKyiPy9MMnzKHmRgWDJ*O1N6OwcQscozAAAAynJbAg/meant%20hah.jpg?dc=4675504992092703625
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: The 'real' HIP HOP thread Sun, 09 January 2005 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AH funny yous mention that, The Disposible Heroes of Hiphoprisy, the lyricist..... formed the group Spearhead...
As in Heroes, he still hits "real" topics. just it is more of a soul flava....
Michael Franti is his name.....
nice powerful voice.... just like chuck d
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: The 'real' HIP HOP thread Sun, 09 January 2005 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scribe annoys me, from first time I heard him.. dunno why.
Anyways if you like freestyle battles, peep this link, one of the hottest battlers in America... he won some freestyle series on BET, has signed to Ruff Ryders, but his recordings dont shine (I personally dont like them too much) but his live mind battles are ingenius.

This was halfway through last year but I still think it works...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/1xtra/events/mixshow2004/gall ery/battle/1.shtml

Click HEAR IT NOW and sit back, its like a online radio... just listen while your doing stuff online..
ra23mad
Forums Junkie

September 2003

Re: The 'real' HIP HOP thread Sun, 09 January 2005 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think you guys / girls need to lay off the aussie hiphop a little bit....

yes it's not american gangstar rap, yes some of it is about shit, and yes even some of it is crappy commercial:

but then it's Australian.
We all ready copy 90% of everything else from America - why should we let our music be an imitation of America's black culture?

I also think you should seperate 'rap' from 'hip hop' there is a difference.

quote from a documentary on hip hop (and no fuck ya I'm not telling you what one) --

"Hiphop is all elements, you have the dj or the beatbox and you have the mc - the mc was really only there to get the crowd to move...."

Top Aussie hiphop: (no particular order)

Bliss n Esso
Red Monika
Funkoars
Terrafirma
Afterhours
Lazy Grey
mass mc

Top American hiphop / rap: (As in influential)

Nas
Method Man
Wutang
Dre
Xzibit
Tupac & Biggie

There's more but I can't be fucked thinking of them.
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: The 'real' HIP HOP thread Sun, 09 January 2005 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Still prolly some of muy fav hip-hop to listen to is
Mobb Deep
especially the Hell On Earth album, not as raw as The Infamous but it sounds dark... just like its essence.
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: The 'real' HIP HOP thread Mon, 10 January 2005 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
got given jay z black out today as well as nas illmatic plat edition, disc 2 has some dope remixes...
pr1nce
Regular

April 2004
Re: The 'real' HIP HOP thread Mon, 10 January 2005 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wow
this i'd never see...
atmosphere is touring with the BDO
i saw sage francis last month
MURS and the living legends will be here in feb

i like hearing tracks, but i like so see them perform live, which is sometimes tough for "real" hip hop because they're underground and underfunded
i mean shit, sage francis didn't have a fucking dj, he used a cd with instrumentals...

atmosphere isn't touring with DJ dibbs... grr!
kojak
Regular

January 2004
Re: The 'real' HIP HOP thread Mon, 10 January 2005 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nas is my man. best rapper in the game ! Very Happy

wu is the sh!t, so is onyx..

jigga was good for one album, reasonable doubt, now he is another commercial rapper. the lox and mobb deep are tight, gotta love the grimyness of those groups.
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: The 'real' HIP HOP thread Mon, 10 January 2005 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
every single one of mobb deeps songs are the same...i get sick of them in about 0.2 seconds...

jay z owns mobb deep in his diss lol

i will struggle to forgive him for his fully commercial, beyonce, linkin park songs etc... Sad
Julz01
Regular

December 2004
Re: The 'real' HIP HOP thread Mon, 10 January 2005 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its good to see that there are a couple of J5 fans out there in Oz. If you want OLd school hip hop then this is the band for you. They have 4 albums, I have 2, Quality control, Power in NUmbers and they actually talk about real things in there songs were as the rest of the token rappers talk about bitches and doing drugs, these are the sort of artists that are fukin up the youth all around the world by preaching there bullshit songs.

[Updated on: Mon, 10 January 2005 11:33]

thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: The 'real' HIP HOP thread Mon, 10 January 2005 21:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no_tofu_speed wrote on Tue, 15 June 2004 02:51

My positive novelty vote goes to Mike Shinoda of Linkin Park. I think his flow on the Xecutioners cut was a gem.... Has a kool jap soundin last name too haha.

He's half Smile
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: The 'real' HIP HOP thread Mon, 10 January 2005 21:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
truenosedan wrote on Mon, 10 January 2005 22:12

i will struggle to forgive him for his fully commercial, beyonce, linkin park songs etc... Sad

I don't think the thing with LP was commercial. If you had all the money he does why would you spend so much time with Linkin Park creating a whole album using beats from earlier tracks just for the money. IMO he likes their stuff and wanted to give it a try. I don't mind encore but some of the other stuff isn't really good.
As for Beyonce, well they're going out so...
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: The 'real' HIP HOP thread Tue, 11 January 2005 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was actually getting into the linkin park remix today Embarassed Shocked Confused Embarassed

doing a track with beyonce would be most guys dream soo i respect him for being fucking rich and pimp lol the song sucked ass...lol
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: The 'real' HIP HOP thread Tue, 11 January 2005 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hm the definition of "rap vs hip-hop"
Method Man has a line on the Blackout album, "put that rap shit second and hip-hop first"....
So far the current definitions people have given, dont match usage of such a line.
Ive also heard people say fucc rap, we're hip-hop etc etc.
Galactic Soap
Regular

December 2003
Re: The 'real' HIP HOP thread Fri, 14 January 2005 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good:

Immortal Techinque
Last Emperor
Atmosphere
Master Ace
Ras Kass
Dead Prez
Llyod Banks
Young Buck

Bad:

Chingy
Ja Rule
Nelly
Majority of D12
50 Cent
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: The 'real' HIP HOP thread Sun, 16 January 2005 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ras Kass..... interesting,
I remembered a review on Soul On Ice that said "if Ras aint the future of hip hop, hip hop deserves no future"....

I can;t stand Lloyd Banks though haha
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: The 'real' HIP HOP thread Sun, 16 January 2005 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Method Man, Redman, NAUGHTY BY NATURE! and XZibit prime time picks!, Get your walk on!

Ja Rule is a homofag, and i hate theis confessions bullshit by usher, too sappy for me, i need a beat...
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: The 'real' HIP HOP thread Sun, 16 January 2005 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if this is a "real" hip hop thread u wouldnt be mentioning RAP/gansta rappers like xzibit mase 50cent etc etc
you would be making comparisons between

*j5
*run dmc
*roots manuva
*blackilious
*Tribe called quest
*old outkast
*lyrics born
*beastie boys
*The roots
*Black STar
*nappy roots...plus many more

all of ya's who think 50cent and the like is hip hop need there heads checked...its just rap...u put a base line about 3 seconds long and loop it and just run ya mouth about gettin shot down n shit...there is a big difference i personally see between hip hop and rap and i dont expect anyone to agree with me but i find it obvious for some reason...rant over..

thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: The 'real' HIP HOP thread Sun, 16 January 2005 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
magicmitch wrote on Mon, 17 January 2005 00:31

if this is a "real" hip hop thread u wouldnt be mentioning RAP/gansta rappers like xzibit mase 50cent etc etc
you would be making comparisons between

*j5
*run dmc
*roots manuva
*blackilious
*Tribe called quest
*old outkast
*lyrics born
*beastie boys
*The roots
*Black STar
*nappy roots...plus many more

all of ya's who think 50cent and the like is hip hop need there heads checked...its just rap...u put a base line about 3 seconds long and loop it and just run ya mouth about gettin shot down n shit...there is a big difference i personally see between hip hop and rap and i dont expect anyone to agree with me but i find it obvious for some reason...rant over..

I agree Very Happy
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: The 'real' HIP HOP thread Mon, 17 January 2005 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
50 cent

used to be gangsta

he cannot rap and never will be able to

he has his name on crap clothes

lets leave it at that

[Updated on: Mon, 17 January 2005 03:07]

Galactic Soap
Regular

December 2003
Re: The 'real' HIP HOP thread Mon, 17 January 2005 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
truenosedan wrote on Mon, 17 January 2005 14:05

50 cent

used to be gangsta

he cannot rap and never will be able to

he has his name on crap clothes

lets leave it at that

^^^^ You got it in one mate Laughing

Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: The 'real' HIP HOP thread Thu, 20 January 2005 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm $2
4 times better than 50 cent.
Gangsta rap is most of the time about real stuff that happened.
altho alot of it is about violence and just beating your chest it's just the way some people express themselves.
I don't rate most other hip hop but i like J5 and some other people like that.
I like alot of what's coming from the "dirty south"
Hip hop has flooded popular culture, my nickname was "mookie" now it's "Mook dog" I never called myself mook dog it's what my friends did.
hokey
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: The 'real' HIP HOP thread Mon, 24 January 2005 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry boys but the only good style of music like that is the stuff on gta vice the radio station wildstyle

my 2c
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: The 'real' HIP HOP thread Tue, 25 January 2005 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hokey wrote on Mon, 24 January 2005 21:38

sorry boys but the only good style of music like that is the stuff on gta vice the radio station wildstyle

my 2c

u play a game to listen to music...wtf...look in the credits of the artists...and go buy/download some albums...
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: The 'real' HIP HOP thread Tue, 25 January 2005 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
look buddy i went to big day out in goldy and 3 best acts were in order Hilltop hoods, beastie boys, and scribe so yeh thats how it is and i was there and saw it all but if u dun like then thats your problem cos im sik of all bullshit american hip hop shit its all just a bunch of crap cept for of course beastie boys who have been around for so long which makes them so good.
And i want to suppost Aussie Acts and aussie hip hop.
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: The 'real' HIP HOP thread Tue, 25 January 2005 18:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have no issue with aussie music acts but when some thing commercialised comes out it sounds bad to my ears...

dude...diss american hip hop, is like dissing japanese cars.. Rolling Eyes

im not in the industry so im not full down with the politics but some times it is sad to see aussie hip hop heading in the direction it is currently heading.... Crying or Very Sad

end rant
deltathing
Regular

June 2004
Re: The 'real' HIP HOP thread Thu, 27 January 2005 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jorrs clearly you have no idea. with statements like those just go to show that you havent seen anything else of value to change your OPINION..you dont walk into the 'real' Country Music thread and go, yeah achy breaky heart rocked the hizouse!! did you go see Atmosphere at the bdo? no.. becasue you havent heard of him on channel V and your local austereo radio network station.
yes i am sick of bullshit american hip hop, so i listen to good hip hop. yes this is also my opinion, but well, ive listened to a lot more to base that opinion on, and im sure a lot more ppl agree.
I'm not going to support aussie acts if they suck cock/

do yourself a favour and go out and buy yourself a blackstar CD

oh and btw i dont really rate the beastie boys either, they are annoying as fuck, they just have a dope dj
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: The 'real' HIP HOP thread Thu, 27 January 2005 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Did any body watch "hip hop" honours on MTV and VH1.
That was real hip hop dj kool herc and dj hollywood.
aussie hip hop has a certain style.
I personaly will not listen to it as i don't care if somebody is too stingy to pay the membership to the local rsl.
Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:I AM the drift king
Next Topic:Email Validity in Legal Proceedings?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 21:52:46 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0079209804534912 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.