Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
rokusan
Regular

September 2004
icon2.gif  3s gte RWD stuff Fri, 14 January 2005 09:30 Go to next message
hello Smile i am putting together my 3s gte to go in my SA63
The sump splash plate on the fwd motor fouls the 2s-c oil pick up. Do i cut the leg off that rubs, space down the foot to clear, or leave the fwd splash plate out all together??
i have searched but have not found Confused
thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: 3s gte RWD stuff Fri, 14 January 2005 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are you using the fwd sump? From what I have read, use the 2s oil pickup with the 2s sump.

Otherwise, your prolly gonna have to hackup the fwd sump...
rokusan
Regular

September 2004
Re: 3s gte RWD stuff Fri, 14 January 2005 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2s sump
rokusan
Regular

September 2004
Re: 3s gte RWD stuff Wed, 26 January 2005 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok i have left out the splash plate, hopefully this is an east-west thing and won't be needed for north-south.
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3s gte RWD stuff Wed, 26 January 2005 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You need the splash plate (windage tray) in a motor if it be E-W or N-S.

Get the 2S sump and pick-up as has already been suggested.
rokusan
Regular

September 2004
Re: 3s gte RWD stuff Wed, 26 January 2005 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have all the 2s stuff, but ok how should i modify the pickup to fit like Crying or Very Sad in my first post? has anyone come across this problem?
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: 3s gte RWD stuff Wed, 26 January 2005 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just cut the plate.
rokusan
Regular

September 2004
Re: 3s gte RWD stuff Wed, 26 January 2005 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it's not about cutting the plate, its that the third leg that mounts the 2s pick up is too short to bolt up. do i space it or do i leave the leg out all together as the fwd pick up only has 2 legs?
spectral
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: 3s gte RWD stuff Wed, 26 January 2005 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you space it, will the leg hit the sump?

If the 3S does OK with 2 mount points (pipe and supporting leg), then I don't see why the 2S would need 3??

So my vote would be to space it, or if thats not possible, cut off the 3rd leg.
rokusan
Regular

September 2004
Re: 3s gte RWD stuff Wed, 26 January 2005 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thank you, a better answer Surprised yes i will try that
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3s gte RWD stuff Wed, 26 January 2005 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Let us know what you end up doing as i'll be in this situation shortly Smile
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: 3s gte RWD stuff Thu, 27 January 2005 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My 2s pickup bolted to the 3S with no problem at all. I cant understand what the problem is Confused
rokusan
Regular

September 2004
Re: 3s gte RWD stuff Sun, 30 January 2005 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the 2s doesen't use the splash tray so the pickup doesen't normally have to clear it
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3s gte RWD stuff Sun, 30 January 2005 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mate check out my post, Joel's RWD 3S-GTE thread.. I got a pic there of the 2S oil pickup and sump and it all mounts up with no mods.

Cheers
Joel
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 3s gte RWD stuff Mon, 31 January 2005 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keep the windage tray whatever you do. Even on my sump where the windage tray was effectively the sump floor it had to stay. You must keep it to promote oil return, help reduce oil surge and stop the crank slopping through an oil bath which hurts hp and aerates your oil.
gz10_soarin
Newcomer

February 2005
Re: 3s gte RWD stuff Sun, 20 February 2005 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey all!

I need some help, im going from a completed 1ggze gz10 soarer conversion to a 3sgte conversion into an aa63 celica. The motor is from an st185 gt4 celica that has been written off but still runs.

I have a bit of experience in toyota conversions and have many friends with experience to but...

My questions are these...can i use factory s engine x member from sa63 on the 3sgte, can the t50 s series bell housing from the sa63 be made to fit a w57,and wiring- hard or easy,should i bother with the factory ecu and loom or opt for simplified loom and aftermarket enginge manegment??

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
rokusan
Regular

September 2004
Re: 3s gte RWD stuff Sun, 20 February 2005 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes you can use an SA63 crossmember, but you will need to work with the LHS engine mount as the 3sgte block has the holes on this side removed, i got away with it by using a normal 3sge block.
the t50 bell housing i'm not sure, iused the housing from a W56 to bolt up to my W55 and 3S block.
I'm using all new custom wiring and EMS computer so i can run individual coil packs and a few other goodies Smile this is easier for me as i don't have a factory loom.

Good luck with your conversion, i hope this helps?
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3s gte RWD stuff Sun, 20 February 2005 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A T50 bellhousing definitely won't fit on a W5x gearbox.

FYI I was looking at a 3S-GTE mounted in John Duel's TA6x Carina earlier today, and it was bolted up to a W58 using a 2Y bellhousing. Apparently one of the bolt holes is slightly off (easily fixed) but apart from that it bolts right up!
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3s gte RWD stuff Sun, 20 February 2005 22:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This bellhousing moves the starter to the driver side right?

What car would I find a 2Y bellhousing? Anyone know?

Cheers
Joel
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3s gte RWD stuff Mon, 21 February 2005 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, starter on the drivers side, away from the exhaust which is a bonus. You need to find a fairly compact starter which doesn't foul the steering gear though.

Y series engines are found in commercials like the Tarago, Liteace and Hilux.
rokusan
Regular

September 2004
Re: 3s gte RWD stuff Tue, 01 March 2005 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got mine out of a YR22 van with a W56 column selecter alloy 5 speed. the bolt hole is at the top and can be fixed with a die grinder
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3s gte RWD stuff Thu, 17 March 2005 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did you find it at a normal or commercial wrecker?
GA22GT
Occasional Poster

April 2003
Re: 3s gte RWD stuff Sat, 19 March 2005 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Im half way doing my 3S-GTE RWD conversion too. Recently, I've came across someone who had mod his TA23 without modifying the oil sump, the engine is straight and of course the orignal FWD sump is now tilted. He says its OK just put in extra motor oil pass the F mark on the dip stick, the oil pick up should be able to work fine. So far he claims that this set up has been working in the 3 cars he has modified. Anybody else has tried this or seen anybody else doing the same??, what are the results?. any opinions?..I have already followed this guys set up, it maybe too late to change now...

Vern
rokusan
Regular

September 2004
Re: 3s gte RWD stuff Tue, 29 March 2005 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
from a normal wrecker
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3s gte RWD stuff Mon, 04 April 2005 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey, I got a Y bellhousing now.. What starter motor are you using?
rokusan
Regular

September 2004
Re: 3s gte RWD stuff Tue, 05 April 2005 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have no idea what it is? it has no numbers or names, just a fluke i think. I will take to a wrecker in bris to check against others, have a feeling is off an old cressida?? sorry.
what flywheel are you using? mines an ST141 modified to 8 bolt.
rokusan
Regular

September 2004
Re: 3s gte RWD stuff Sun, 05 June 2005 05:31 Go to previous message
its a 2y starter.

next question, i am on my third crankshaft and the rear main seal doesn't fit? the flywheel flange seems to be smaller though repco say all 'S' engines carry the same rear main seal?? what crank have i got Rolling Eyes
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:T50 won't slide off engine
Next Topic:lightening factory flywheel
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 16:40:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.009188175201416 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.