Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
TA23 5 Stud front brake upgrade Mon, 17 January 2005 01:53 Go to next message
Hi I want to change my front end to have 5 stud and would like to know what would be the easist way to do his .
I was thinking of putting commodore front end in of late model supra?

Ben
  Send a private message to this user    
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: TA23 5 Stud front brake upgrade Mon, 17 January 2005 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
try here
Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: TA23 5 Stud front brake upgrade Mon, 17 January 2005 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My head hurts Shocked
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: TA23 5 Stud front brake upgrade Mon, 17 January 2005 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u can use the 5 stud MS65 crown hub with the pugeot/hilux brake upgrade.

lots of info on the pugeot/hilux upgrade on here too.
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: TA23 5 Stud front brake upgrade Mon, 17 January 2005 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You could try RA60 struts, they will bolt into your celica and they are the same bolt pattern for brakes and hub as the MA61 struts. Then just figure out which way you want to go with that thread I posted. I think one of the crowns have the falcon stud pattern and the hubs/brakes will bolt up to the RA60 strut. Thats if you want a cheap alternative to the previous suggestions.
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: TA23 5 Stud front brake upgrade Mon, 17 January 2005 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there was talk of usin a commohore 1 piece integral hub/rotor on a corona strut.
search and u will find

brett
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: TA23 5 Stud front brake upgrade Mon, 17 January 2005 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i searched and found

Quote:

Perhapd you would like to consider another option that I have just completed for my TA22 Improved production race car.

I am using the LN106 Hilux calipers with a VS Commodore rotor.

The commodore integral rotor/hub bolts straight on to the XT130 Corona stub axle. To fit the calipers you need to take about 3mm of the outer edges of the passageway that the rotor runs through and also about 2mm from the face of the mounting ears of the calipers. This will ensure that the rotor sits in the centre of the calipers.

The above is all pretty easy stuff and with commodore rotors relatively cheap and easy to get makes more sense that the pug conversion. Be warned though that you will need a deep-dish style rim so that the rims don't foul on the strut leg. HQ rims do the job nicely.

But now you have a commodore stud pattern right ??

This is not a problem if you are doing the job on your car properly and are also fitting a hilux diff. I have just done the diff conversion and had the hilux axles also converted to commodore stud pattern. This makes fitting rear discs really simple as you can use VN commodore calipers and rotors with a simple plate made up to carry the calipers.

To make sure that your front and rear track remains close to original (no fouled guards) you would need to use the 70's model hilux diff which is 1375mm or something like that rather than the later models wich are 1400mm +.

I know this all sounds just too bloody hard but it is the best possible solution for the race car for all-round stopping power.

I am using standard booster with adaptor plate to ST185 master cylinder. Godd for race car but not sure if it would be road legal.

dont kno if it works.....just copied and pasted

here is the rest of the topic

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&g oto=166044&rid=4696&S=a5332110d793a4b1b848 690023cd1acd

brett
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: TA23 5 Stud front brake upgrade Mon, 17 January 2005 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Siktoy ra23 wrote on Mon, 17 January 2005 13:07

My head hurts Shocked

You should be the one doing the work .... Shocked
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: TA23 5 Stud front brake upgrade Tue, 18 January 2005 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Try www.hooperstopers.com.au they can do you a falcon 2 piston caliper and 290mm disc upgrade and give you a 5 stud patter if you require. For ease of the conversion use xt130 corona struts as thats what struts are in my car from which the kit was built up from.

Cheers Adam
Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: TA23 5 Stud front brake upgrade Tue, 18 January 2005 09:13 Go to previous message
Thanks tony
By the way its
http://www.hoppers.com.au

There not cheep but it seems to be easy to do
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Manual shift kit for MX73 1JZGTE
Next Topic:18rg trouble HELP! :(
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 17 20:56:25 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0043032169342041 seconds