Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
hobbs
Regular

October 2002
FS: SUPRA MA70 w/7MGTE - $7000 Tue, 07 December 2004 10:22 Go to next message
SUPRA TURBO MK3

1986.5 MA70 w/7MGTE

• Aus. delivered w/ 7MGTE conversion (fully engineered)
  • Manual
  • Micra Red
  • Engine Rebuilt + Head Gasket Fixed 15k kms ago
  • Lowered
  • Tokiko Illumina II Shock Absorbers compatible w/TEMS
  • 2.5 Inch Exhaust and 3 Inch dump-pipe + K&N Airfilter
  • CD Player
  • Alarm and Immobiliser
  • New tyres

Car has done 215,000 kms
12 Months Rego and I'm in Sydney
Comes with lots of spares including front bumper, front lip and workshop manuals.

Selling 'cause I'm going to Japan for a year.
Car is in great condition, well maintained and looked after.
She has treated me well and it will be sad to see her go Crying or Very Sad

$7000

Pics
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~hoban666/1.jpg
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~hoban666/4.jpg
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~hoban666/2.jpg
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~hoban666/7.jpg
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~hoban666/5.jpg

PM or Email me for more info.
hobbs666@hotmail.com
or call me on 0418 210 396

Terry

[Updated on: Mon, 17 January 2005 00:19]

Send a private message to this user    
ozdeadmeat
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: FS: SUPRA MA70 w/7MGTE Wed, 08 December 2004 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm, interesting. Wouldnt mind a look but i havent driven that model yet cause i cant find one up here. When exactly must the car be sold by? I probably wouldnt offer over 5.5k cause i wanna put the new supra engine into it.
hobbs
Regular

October 2002
Re: FS: SUPRA MA70 w/7MGTE Wed, 08 December 2004 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hoping to sell by February, but if i can't get a reasonable price, (5.5 would be too low), i will probably keep it.

By the new supra engine you mean the twin-turbo mk4? If that were the case you would be better off gettting a cheaper N/A model or one that has done a headgasket (not too hard to find Smile and then going from there.
AE92poit
Regular

January 2003

Re: FS: SUPRA MA70 w/7MGTE Wed, 08 December 2004 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
or get an ma61.... much lighter Very Happy
Smurtman
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: FS: SUPRA MA70 w/7MGTE Wed, 08 December 2004 22:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice car dude looks like it was looked after awesomely. I'll be looking to buy one of these in early janurary so if it isn't sold by then expect an email Smile
hobbs
Regular

October 2002
Re: FS: SUPRA MA70 w/7MGTE Sat, 11 December 2004 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bumpety bump
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: FS: SUPRA MA70 w/7MGTE Sun, 12 December 2004 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
read ur mail
hobbs
Regular

October 2002
Re: FS: SUPRA MA70 w/7MGTE (price drop) Thu, 16 December 2004 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
price drop $8400

also have some more detailed specs online here

http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~hoban666/specs .html

hobbs
Regular

October 2002
Re: FS: SUPRA MA70 w/7MGTE Fri, 24 December 2004 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump

if anyone is after a reliable, quick-ish car for a bit less $$ than what similar condition, lower km models fetch, drop me a line.
I need to sell by the end of january, so i will consider offers.
hobbs
Regular

October 2002
Re: FS: SUPRA MA70 w/7MGTE - $7800 Wed, 05 January 2005 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump bump
still for sale Rolling Eyes
hobbs
Regular

October 2002
Re: FS: SUPRA MA70 w/7MGTE - $7000 Mon, 17 January 2005 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll only be in Aus till end of January and need to sell, so price is now a rock-bottom $7000, no less.

If i don't get that i'm keeping it Razz

I'm really surprised at how the resale value and general market for Mk3s has dropped in the last 2 years, any other guys out there trying to sell their supras had this experience too?
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: FS: SUPRA MA70 w/7MGTE - $7000 Mon, 17 January 2005 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hobbs wrote on Mon, 17 January 2005 10:48

I'll only be in Aus till end of January and need to sell, so price is now a rock-bottom $7000, no less.

I'm really surprised at how the resale value and general market for Mk3s has dropped in the last 2 years, any other guys out there trying to sell their supras had this experience too?

Yes. Sold my 1jz manual ma70 for $10.9K. Not sure why the prices just crashed over the past 2 years (looks significantly at 15yr old jap import market).
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: FS: SUPRA MA70 w/7MGTE - $7000 Mon, 17 January 2005 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hobbs wrote on Mon, 17 January 2005 11:18

Mines about the same as yours, only offer I've had so far (and it's advertised in quite a few places) Is a swap for a 99 model trail bike Sad
Kyosho
Regular

November 2004
Re: FS: SUPRA MA70 w/7MGTE - $7000 Mon, 17 January 2005 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It is a bit of a shame for you guys that the market has crashed soo much...

I do feel sorry for you...

But I also like the crash a bit (Sorry to say) since I want one later this year...
But if they keep crashing I might avoid them cause I'll loose so much money on resale again...

But yes, I'd be looking at the 15Year import... The MKIVs will start to drop in around 4 years too...
hobbs
Regular

October 2002
Re: FS: SUPRA MA70 w/7MGTE - $7000 Tue, 18 January 2005 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, i kinda don't mind the crash anyway, even though its costing me $$. Means i will be able to get the next car i buy a lot cheaper, so it will cancel out. With all these imports coming in, do insurance companies still care if a car is import or aus delivered?
Kyosho
Regular

November 2004
Re: FS: SUPRA MA70 w/7MGTE - $7000 Wed, 19 January 2005 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hobbs wrote on Wed, 19 January 2005 10:11

yeah, i kinda don't mind the crash anyway, even though its costing me $$. Means i will be able to get the next car i buy a lot cheaper, so it will cancel out. With all these imports coming in, do insurance companies still care if a car is import or aus delivered?

Insurance companies, for a 17 year old care to the point...
$4000 for an aus delivered turbo
Won't insure me for an exactly the same imported one...
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: FS: SUPRA MA70 w/7MGTE - $7000 Wed, 19 January 2005 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
going to japan for a year, cool, register a car in your name as soon as u get over there and you can bring it back with you after u had it in your name for 12 months, I think thats the rule anyway, dont think it matters what year either.
Kyosho
Regular

November 2004
Re: FS: SUPRA MA70 w/7MGTE - $7000 Wed, 19 January 2005 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dust wrote on Wed, 19 January 2005 17:56

going to japan for a year, cool, register a car in your name as soon as u get over there and you can bring it back with you after u had it in your name for 12 months, I think thats the rule anyway, dont think it matters what year either.

Yeah that is pretty much correct...
12months of owner ship minimum etc... Any year model... Bring it in as a personal import... Very Happy
hobbs
Regular

October 2002
Re: FS: SUPRA MA70 w/7MGTE - $7000 Wed, 19 January 2005 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
srsly? does it have to be registered in Japan? IE do i have to pay the ridiculous registration costs for older cars or can i just buy something at auction and stash it for a year?
Tats
Regular

I Supported Toymods

December 2003
Re: FS: SUPRA MA70 w/7MGTE - $7000 Wed, 19 January 2005 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think the rules say something like "proof of ownership", so you might not have to register it. But don't take my word for it.

BTW, that's a very clean MA70 right there. Any more pics?
Kyosho
Regular

November 2004
Re: FS: SUPRA MA70 w/7MGTE - $7000 Thu, 20 January 2005 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hobbs wrote on Wed, 19 January 2005 23:00

srsly? does it have to be registered in Japan? IE do i have to pay the ridiculous registration costs for older cars or can i just buy something at auction and stash it for a year?

It has to be registered from memory...

But don't buy something old... Get a new car... Very Happy

I was looking at the site the other day about importing "personal" cars...
I'll try find it again...
JZZ30MAN
Regular

August 2002
Re: FS: SUPRA MA70 w/7MGTE - $7000 Thu, 20 January 2005 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This car was very well looked after. I was the previous owner and I owned it for 13 years.
It handles real well with the Tokico Illumina II TEMS compatable shocks and matched Tokico lowering springs that I imported for it.
Hmmm... good luck with the sale. I'm tempted to buy it back. Hmmmm.......
JZZ30MAN
Regular

August 2002
Re: FS: SUPRA MA70 w/7MGTE - $7000 Thu, 20 January 2005 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also Note: This is the Supra that is pictured in the Little collage of cars that they use on one of Toymods front pages. Pics of the car can also be found under "The Original Toymods" cruise pics, as I organised that event.
hobbs
Regular

October 2002
Re: FS: SUPRA MA70 w/7MGTE - $7000 Thu, 20 January 2005 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks JZZ30MAN
yes guys, this is a classic toymods car, u'd be buying a piece of history, as well as a good car Smile
JZZ30MAN
Regular

August 2002
Re: FS: SUPRA MA70 w/7MGTE - $7000 Thu, 20 January 2005 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No worries Terry. Hope all is well with you and my preloved baby !!
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: FS: SUPRA MA70 w/7MGTE - $7000 Fri, 21 January 2005 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GO MA61 woot
hobbs
Regular

October 2002
Re: FS: SUPRA MA70 w/7MGTE - $7000 Fri, 21 January 2005 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ummm....woot?
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: FS: SUPRA MA70 w/7MGTE - $7000 Fri, 21 January 2005 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD_Supra wrote on Fri, 21 January 2005 11:03

GO MA61 woot

comparing an MA61 to an MA70 is just stupid, the MA70 while being on the fat side has FAR better suspension and is a lot more "comfortable" MA61 would be better as a track car or if your a midget it would be fine as a dayly driver

By the way an MA45 is lighter then an MA61 Razz
JZZ30MAN
Regular

August 2002
Re: FS: SUPRA MA70 w/7MGTE - $7000 Thu, 03 February 2005 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So Terry - have you left the Country? Is the car no longer for sale or sold?
Tats
Regular

I Supported Toymods

December 2003
Re: FS: SUPRA MA70 w/7MGTE - $7000 Thu, 03 February 2005 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AFAIK, he flew out yesterday. I almost bought the car, but troubles on my side prevented the deal going through Sad

For the record, it's the cleanest and most comfortable mk. 3 I've ever seen. And goes like stink. I'm still pissed that I can't get it Sad If you're the previous owner JZZ30MAN, massive kudos for keeping such good care of it. It's an awesome machine.

[Updated on: Thu, 03 February 2005 05:04]

JZZ30MAN
Regular

August 2002
Re: FS: SUPRA MA70 w/7MGTE - $7000 Thu, 03 February 2005 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Tats, yeah only for 13 years.
Interested to hear you say it goes like stink, as I heard the clutch was slipping once it came on boost. How long ago did you get to drive it?
Tats
Regular

I Supported Toymods

December 2003
Re: FS: SUPRA MA70 w/7MGTE - $7000 Thu, 03 February 2005 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I drive a Corolla and my performance-car experience is fairly limited. To me, it went like stink Smile

Drove it 2 weeks ago, only for 10-15 mins. Wound second gear to the redline and didn't feel any clutch slip. Otherwise didn't give it much stick.
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: FS: SUPRA MA70 w/7MGTE - $7000 Thu, 03 February 2005 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gotta be registered and you also have to buy a parking space in Japan. If you have a smaller car (K's series) you can get a permit that lets you park in a number of spaces. Basically it's like having a parking permit in a car lot. If you have a larger car you need your own unique space.
From memory it costs about $200/month.

And yeah, you can bring in ANY car you want. Doesn't matter what the vehicle is or when it was made Evil or Very Mad

Do yourself a favour. Hit the auctions and find the best deal you can. Come back here after a year and reap the rewards.

Good luck Hobbsie. Very Happy
mk27m
Regular

November 2003
Re: FS: SUPRA MA70 w/7MGTE - $7000 Thu, 03 February 2005 12:23 Go to previous message
Still for sale even though you appear to have left the country?

Drew.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:URGENT URGENT FS T78 Soarer SYDNEY
Next Topic:Mint consition AW11 MR2
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 09:52:05 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0074090957641602 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.