Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Members Rides » Project Spirit : Ae71 4agze - PICTURES FIXED !!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Teddy_Csx
Regular

On Probation

January 2004
Project Spirit : Ae71 4agze - PICTURES FIXED !! Fri, 24 December 2004 23:26 Go to next message
Hey All.

Friend and i are restoring and upgrading an Ae71 Spirit. We will be getting a 4agze Ae101 halfcut soon. Its a 2 yr project. Please read on and comment!

In the beginning
Purchased the car about a month ago for $1000. It had 375,000 on the clock, driven from almost new by 1 owner in his 50's. Generally, the car had been baby'd most of its life, regiously serviced every 5000 k and looked after well. Mechanically, for 375,000, everything was still really good with no real signs of any major problems. I drove the car when it was regestered, and for a stocker, it was lovely.

Body wise it had lil bits of rust here and there, but nothing too bad / uncommon with these things. The interiour was above average with everything there, broken passenger side seat, a few small tares in vinal, stuffed mid mounted mirror, grandpa smell and more ants than in the wild (really) - they are still there in the car today, even after endless cans of bug spray. Grrr.

http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.f cgi?action=viewall&albumID=236825520

(for you who dont know, the Ae71 is a Ke70 with the A series Motor, driveline and all relating. The Spirit is a limited edition model Ae71, only about 2000 were made. They came with a usless, but some what nice rear spoiler, Tacho and sports seats..which are crap.)
Ive got a picture here somwhere to prove it, but for the record, this was Spirit No. 59 out of about 2000 Smile

( http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?showtopic =611 - Thred on the Ae71 spirit adverts ive found so far )

( http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?showtopic =1389 - Thred on Ke70 V Ae71 ...always had the questions, whats different between the 2, so made that to help out with the Q's )

[Updated on: Sat, 25 December 2004 09:17]

Send a private message to this user    
Teddy_Csx
Regular

On Probation

January 2004
Re: Project Spirit : Ae71 4agze Fri, 24 December 2004 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Part 2 : Rust Relations

Well, as you know / should know, all toyotas rust. This thing had bits of rust in the rear guards, a bit under the front guards, And some in the boot from the spoiler rubbing on the paint work causing holes :S.

http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.f cgi?action=viewall&albumID=236826365

The car also came with a few dints, and the usual granmar style shopping trolly damage. Nothing that cant be fixed.

[Updated on: Sat, 25 December 2004 09:09]

Teddy_Csx
Regular

On Probation

January 2004
Re: Project Spirit : Ae71 4agze Fri, 24 December 2004 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Part 3 : Rip that barch apart

What had to be taken off / apart...
- Spoiler
- Fenders
- FR Door
- Hood
- Wiper Bay Cover
- Interiour Bits
- Boot lights and wiring
- 80's Full_sick stero system
- Aftermarket tow bar setup
- Bumpers

http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.f cgi?action=viewall&albumID=224981693

[Updated on: Sat, 25 December 2004 09:10]

Teddy_Csx
Regular

On Probation

January 2004
Re: Project Spirit : Ae71 4agze Fri, 24 December 2004 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Part 4 : T18, Please.

Our corolla came with a tacho dash, but it just didnt cutt it for us. So, A trip (actually 3 trips later..) to the local wreckers and we soon had a T18 Aus Spec instrument cluster, and a lot of extra wires and problems. We also got to hack out and completly des-o-mate a Ke70 wiring harnus (same as Ae71.) to cut a long story short, The connectors on the T18 instrument cluster are on the front, where as the all the Ae71 / Ke70 connectors are at the back.. we needed to extend the wiring loom something cronic.

We took the green bulb tint out, and got nice white lights. It may look like a simple job, but in reality we had to pull out every pin and put it back into the Ae71 clips, and the T18 is completly different. 4 days later, and thanks to jasons electrical genius ability (really.) it finally started working.

http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.f cgi?action=viewall&albumID=229882936

(Extended wiring loom thanks to some (now destroyed) Ke70)

We are yet to properly mount it, as it doesnt fit in completly. We will also have some custom dash lights happening underneath the console (its skinner, but longer than stock). Stay Tuned Wink

EDIT : oh btw, this is a no-rice project.

[Updated on: Sat, 25 December 2004 09:10]

Teddy_Csx
Regular

On Probation

January 2004
Re: Project Spirit : Ae71 4agze Sat, 25 December 2004 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Part 5 : T18 -> Diff Day

Yesterday, jason and i headed down the to the southside of brisbane to pickup a T18 diff and tail shaft from a guy on these forums calld ta22gt - Id recomend him to anyone needing parts for various toyota applications, great bloke. We were there for about 4 hours, and eventually we got it out. T18 sure put up a good fight Laughing

We put it in the back of my ke70 (yup, sedan and it fit too Cool )

See the pics -> http://community.webshots.com/album/236441328WTkEc B

We will eventually get around to putting it in. Going to clean it up a bit first, then purchase new bolts, washers, nuts, rubbers... etc for it. Bit of a mini recon; were yet to look at the breaks or the condition of them, but id say they would be ok.

[Updated on: Sat, 25 December 2004 00:55]

Teddy_Csx
Regular

On Probation

January 2004
Re: Project Spirit : Ae71 4agze Sat, 25 December 2004 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Update :

Pictures are now working, sorry for stuffing it up. I have completly re-organized it, now its all working well.

Picking up 4:2:1 extractors next thursday, and 1G Front mount intercooler next week also. The Ae101 halfcutt with the 4agze will be ariving some time soon !

The old 4AC motor is for sale, PM me if you need anything, its riddled with brand new parts thanks to previous, elderly owner.

Very Happy
Teddy_Csx
Regular

On Probation

January 2004
Re: Project Spirit : Ae71 4agze Sun, 26 December 2004 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does any one have any ideas / suggestions / comments ?
Phoenix01
Regular

May 2004
Re: Project Spirit : Ae71 4agze - PICTURES FIXED !! Sun, 26 December 2004 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Should be a lot of fun when its finished. I'm having a blast with my new GZE. Smile
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: Project Spirit : Ae71 4agze - PICTURES FIXED !! Sun, 26 December 2004 19:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why did you use the T18 dash?
Teddy_Csx
Regular

On Probation

January 2004
Re: Project Spirit : Ae71 4agze - PICTURES FIXED !! Mon, 27 December 2004 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, its easier to read, and it looks a bit better than the stocko one...as you may / may not know, the origional dash console has creamy coloured perspex covering the dials giving a very ugly appearance,espically when the lights were on. This one has got good, bright whiteish lights on a clear perspex's face.
Big improvement over the last one.

Its also go oil pressure and voltage gauges built in, where as the origional didnt have thoes. We are also adding a Air/Fuel gauge, Oil temp and boost gauge.

Why did you change your dash?
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Project Spirit : Ae71 4agze - PICTURES FIXED !! Mon, 27 December 2004 19:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.rollaclub.com/gallery/public_upload/5.JPG

this is an ae70 btw, referring to ur thread on ke70 vs ae71.

its a limited edition as well. was the project car where the 4age was tested on b4 the ae86 debuted.
Teddy_Csx
Regular

On Probation

January 2004
Re: Project Spirit : Ae71 4agze - PICTURES FIXED !! Mon, 27 December 2004 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool

how many where made? were they only 2 doors the Ae70?
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: Project Spirit : Ae71 4agze - PICTURES FIXED !! Mon, 27 December 2004 23:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Why did you change your dash?

the standard gauges werent adjustable enough to take account of diff changes that alter the speedo, the tacho wasnt accurate enough and there wasnt enough space to mount all the critical gauges i wanted below the dash height. Plus there was some rice factor involved to some extent too.
Teddy_Csx
Regular

On Probation

January 2004
Re: Project Spirit : Ae71 4agze - PICTURES FIXED !! Tue, 28 December 2004 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Part 6 : Cleaning up that dirty T18 Diff

Well to you who have been reading, the diff which we purchased has basically been cleaned up with a few small issues along the way.
- Drums need to be machined - see pics lol
- Going to get new pistons and break pads as well
- Right side of diff - the entire assembly wont come off, and the socket we used to try and remove it is now rooted. (suprized the $20 set got us this far Laughing ) - still yet to take it all off.
- Jason got his wire brush onto it, and spent many hours cleaning the 21 yrs of absolute slime built up all over it. You can actually see the metal now in most places...but its not compeltely finished yet.

It will be painted in a very dull black when we are done... simply because any other colour would stand out, and adleast on flat black you can find the leak... gloss black would be near impossible / very annoying.

Anway, enough blab - Picture time ! - http://community.webshots.com/album/238636413GdbAP H?472
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Project Spirit : Ae71 4agze - PICTURES FIXED !! Tue, 28 December 2004 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Teddy_Csx wrote on Tue, 28 December 2004 10:04

cool

how many where made? were they only 2 doors the Ae70?

after a better look, that may not be the car im talking about. it looks the same but maybe not. anyway here is a pic of my frens ae70 ltd edition.
it might be the same car actually...
http://images.b1gb3n.multiply.com/image/1/photos/2/600x600/21.JPG
Teddy_Csx
Regular

On Probation

January 2004
Re: Project Spirit : Ae71 4agze - PICTURES FIXED !! Fri, 31 December 2004 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Part 7 : Dirty T18 Diff now clean and ready for service

Sice the last update, jason has been working on cleaning this dirty old thing every day (yea, every day..)

So far this diff has killed off...
- 1 x 14MM socket
- 75% life of Socket rachet
- 1 wire brush wheel
- Overheated Drill
- 1m2 of mumm'as good lawn

not to mention the internal smell of diff oil throughout the entire garage Confused

So, its now cleaned up to a state where you can actually see metal, and it will be painted. We are still trying to descided what colour to paint it, but so far our best option is a flat, hi temp black acrilic.

Drums getting machined, New pistons and break pads for both sides. We are also replacing a few of the bolts with brand new hi strength ones. Evil or Very Mad

And for thoes who are intrested in thiss -> the pics.
http://community.webshots.com/album/242131307BLOdu w

[Updated on: Sun, 02 January 2005 09:22]

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Project Spirit : Ae71 4agze - PICTURES FIXED !! Fri, 31 December 2004 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice work guys.

i ended up using the RT-142-esque dash from an import TE72 4-dr sedan, similar to a T18 dash but without the oil press and volt guages. It was a direct bolt in with the correct cover facia, but i mainly picked it out cos it had a factory single DIN slot in it already, and was black.

As well as this i god a nice solid foam rear seat (no metal springs!) covered in facotry chocolate brown velour, and a set of matching door trims all around.

But i still have no carpet.

On the engine side of things... take your time and plan things out. By the time you have things ready ill have a few useful guides uploaded onto my website witzl.com to help with water outlets, wiring, driveline issues, cooling, seating etc etc.

Enjoy your project Very Happy

Teddy_Csx
Regular

On Probation

January 2004
Re: Project Spirit : Ae71 4agze - PICTURES FIXED !! Fri, 31 December 2004 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for that !

Its going to be a 2 year project, and were hopping along a quite a good pace Cool

That web page sounds like its gona come in handy !

So far its been great fun - except for the metal brush hairs in your legs Razz

Stay tuned for the next update, when jason gets to putting the pics up, you'll see what we got upto yesterday Very Happy

Over n out
Teddy_Csx
Regular

On Probation

January 2004
Re: Project Spirit : Ae71 4agze - PICTURES FIXED !! Fri, 31 December 2004 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Part 8 : Got Intercooler & 4:2:1 Extractors? Laughing

Yesterday, we went and got some new parts.

Picked up a 1G-GTE Frount Mount InterCooler, and some 4:2:1 extractors. Very happy with the condtion and price we paid for both items, again, under budget.

The intercooler is having custom brackets designed and made up, there are some computer pics of the custom brackets which have been designed by jason. To fit the front mount intercooler on, the bonet release bar has to be taken off, and modified to fit around the intercooler. Shouldb be too hard... if it doesnt bend, use a larger hammer. Rolling Eyes

Pics -> http://community.webshots.com/album/240580173mkHam j

[Updated on: Sun, 02 January 2005 09:21]

Teddy_Csx
Regular

On Probation

January 2004
Re: Project Spirit : Ae71 4agze - PICTURES FIXED !! Sun, 02 January 2005 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Part 9 : Interiour

Update time Razz

The diff has ALMOST been finished - its been painted on one side, and its looking AWESOME -
http://community.webshots.com/album/242131307BLOdu w

Anway, The interiour was due to get some more attention. So here goes, Shes going all black, with silver and red hi-lights. Some of you may know my car.. its based off that.

So far the dash and some of the bits under it have been done, slow process, but its coming along very nicely. We plan to have all the plastics done within about a week or so, at the rate we are going.

Will also have some custom stuff, but you will have to wait and see whats in store with it Smile

Pics...
http://community.webshots.com/album/242116936pztYt g

[Updated on: Sun, 02 January 2005 09:29]

Ge_x
Regular

December 2004
Re: Project Spirit : Ea 4agze - PICTURES FIXED !! Sun, 02 January 2005 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah the diff turned out better than i expected, High lights will probably either be in a chrome (I'm addicted to it ever since i resprayed the silver covers)or red but probably chrome Very Happy

I'm gonna have the 'spirit' stickers redone in black, if i get then on my computer with in good dimension it will be sweet, i will provably want 2 find a matching pin stripe too. Why have a spirit if no 1 knows about it right? Rolling Eyes
Ge_x
Regular

December 2004
Re: Project Spirit : Ae71 4agze - PICTURES FIXED !! Mon, 03 January 2005 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No more 4A-C Surprised

Time to clean up the bay. The battery will be moved into the boot, new radiator (over flow tank) and water tanks will be needed, toataly shited up

Had to get it out by hand Confused

Web shots is fukin up pic later

Any body wants a radiator ask me

[Updated on: Mon, 03 January 2005 08:27]

Teddy_Csx
Regular

On Probation

January 2004
Re: Project Spirit : Ae71 4agze - PICTURES FIXED !! Tue, 04 January 2005 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, Much needed update.

-Motor is now sold and gone.
-Stock wheels are sold and gone.
-New wheels are on the way (they are_horn -> dish + spokey Cool )
-Fule tank is out and getting cleaned up / painted
-Diff is gettig final coat tomorrow
-Diff is getting parts for overhall pritty soon
-Controle arms have been taken off... well in the process Twisted Evil - not an easy task...
-Underside of car is getting a serious clean
-Engine bay is getting striped out even more and given the "it looks like it came from factory" cleaning effect
-Individual engine parts are alll getting painted and attended to
-Paint stripper purchased Surprised - that can only mean 1 thing hehe
-Interiour getting striped asap
-Battery getting relocated in boot

Jasons farting around cleaning the garage atm, so pics will be some time soon as always !

Cheers
Ge_x
Regular

December 2004
Re: Project Spirit : Ae71 4agze - PICTURES FIXED !! Wed, 05 January 2005 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clean the engine bay today well most of it Razz
seem web shots not showing all the photos Mad

Got the fuel lines out getting some 7/15 soon using old main line as return

Painted struts for diff... Started to rain wile they were drying Sad but still turned out nice

http://community.webshots.com/album/242131307BLOdu w?194

[Updated on: Wed, 05 January 2005 06:03]

monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Project Spirit : Ae71 4agze - PICTURES FIXED !! Wed, 05 January 2005 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Diff/Struts look the goods! This will be one tuff AE71 on completion.
Ge_x
Regular

December 2004
Re: Project Spirit : Ae71 4agze - PICTURES FIXED !! Wed, 05 January 2005 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehehe thanks

Hope fully i can get my drums over haled soon, Then i can put it back on the ground. O wait i need rims to do that Rolling Eyes
Ge_x
Regular

December 2004
Re: Project Spirit : Ae71 4agze - PICTURES FIXED !! Wed, 05 January 2005 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://community.webshots.com/album/243202864QeMrl g

lets see if these work

there should be 4 pics?

[Updated on: Wed, 05 January 2005 09:14]

Ge_x
Regular

December 2004
Re: Project Spirit : Ae71 4agze - PICTURES FIXED !! Fri, 07 January 2005 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
got rims today, and there really nice

don't give a shit what any 1 else thinks, there are PHAT Cool

will come up better once i get some aluminum polish /cleaner

And will need bigger wheel studs Razz just just barley fit over them

http://community.webshots.com/album/245864058Xcbgi h?600
Teddy_Csx
Regular

On Probation

January 2004
Re: Project Spirit : Ae71 4agze - PICTURES FIXED !! Mon, 10 January 2005 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Part 12 : Boot

http://community.webshots.com/album/247265910LzbKe l

Well, boot has come off, and is the first of the serious body works. Also today the complete interiour has been striped, and getting coloured. Jason needs to get more photos up.

Battery officially getting put into boot - wiring started on, box temporally mounted till we make it all nice. Also kill switch from the USA is arriving soon, along with the centeral locking and remote door kit Wink

Its looking awesome, and atm its so light you can lift the entire back of the car up Very Happy

Over n out
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: Project Spirit : Ae71 4agze - PICTURES FIXED !! Mon, 10 January 2005 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
got any pics of the car as a whole after you put those wheels on it?
Teddy_Csx
Regular

On Probation

January 2004
Re: Project Spirit : Ae71 4agze - PICTURES FIXED !! Mon, 10 January 2005 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yet to get rubber on new mags & Diff is still off the car awaiting to get all the new bits... getting them tomorrow.

ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: Project Spirit : Ae71 4agze - PICTURES FIXED !! Mon, 10 January 2005 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are u the same teddy from ke70.com
Teddy_Csx
Regular

On Probation

January 2004
Re: Project Spirit : Ae71 4agze - PICTURES FIXED !! Mon, 10 January 2005 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yup - my email is Teddy@ke70.com ... but the ke70.com webpage has been down / not touched for aggggessss... last time i checked anway.
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: Project Spirit : Ae71 4agze - PICTURES FIXED !! Mon, 10 January 2005 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ah yeah cool

yeah that site has been down for yonks
u got any pics of your car with those other wheels you have/had
Ge_x
Regular

December 2004
Re: Project Spirit : Ae71 4agze - PICTURES FIXED !! Mon, 10 January 2005 21:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I need wheel nuts before i can put the wheels on, onlt have 5 from the T18 diff that fit Razz

Found some nice ones on ebay

Got 2 packs of jumper leads for teh cable from the boot to the bay, $15 for 10m 4AWG wire with clips when it costs $60 for wire at the stores Cool

Oko uploaded some more boot pics

And here the interior

http://community.webshots.com/album/248580063KJaHo w?631

Grrrr webshots is screwing up again Mad

teddy see if you can fix it

[Updated on: Mon, 10 January 2005 21:43]

Teddy_Csx
Regular

On Probation

January 2004
Re: Project Spirit : Ae71 4agze - PICTURES FIXED !! Mon, 10 January 2005 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.rollaclub.com/database/ride.php?carid=0 000003 & http://www.rollaclub.com/gallery/index.php?path=./ members/medicine_man/upload/casper/

Currently putting custom center console in, but i need to pull my finger our and get it finished Razz

Ill get some new pics, as ive added more things Wink
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: Project Spirit : Ae71 4agze - PICTURES FIXED !! Tue, 11 January 2005 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice mags!, whats the offset? and where and how much did you pay if you dont mind me asking?
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: Project Spirit : Ae71 4agze - PICTURES FIXED !! Tue, 11 January 2005 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool

theyre the pics i was after

looks so good Very Happy
Teddy_Csx
Regular

On Probation

January 2004
Re: Project Spirit : Ae71 4agze - PICTURES FIXED !! Tue, 11 January 2005 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol thanks - complements from the gods!

$320, newly painted and polished when purchased... um offset...

*went down to car with ruler*

51mm from flush with the gold pattern spokey bit to flush with where the *dish* ends

they are pritty much dead even with the rolled guards *lol*

panel beater did a good job Smile (all done when spray job was done)

got no idea what they are tho... told they were imported from japan. I love em Smile
Teddy_Csx
Regular

On Probation

January 2004
Re: Project Spirit : Ae71 4agze - PICTURES FIXED !! Tue, 11 January 2005 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh from a local jap importing place.. name.. ill get back to you, cant remember Razz
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: Project Spirit : Ae71 4agze - PICTURES FIXED !! Tue, 11 January 2005 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im pretty sure theyre from option1garage
Teddy_Csx
Regular

On Probation

January 2004
Re: Project Spirit : Ae71 4agze - PICTURES FIXED !! Tue, 11 January 2005 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Option 1 !

Thats it !
nismo_gc
Newcomer

January 2005
Re: Project Spirit : Ae71 4agze - PICTURES FIXED !! Mon, 17 January 2005 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey, looks like a great project car, i'm on the look out for an ae71 for a drift project...what are the stud patterns on ae71's?(been told 4x114.3 or something like that) and also how much are 4age and 4agze front cuts?

cheers
joe
Teddy
Newcomer

Banned Again

January 2005
Re: Project Spirit : Ae71 4agze - PICTURES FIXED !! Mon, 17 January 2005 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey There

Yup, the stud pattern for all the old RWD Corolla's is 4x114.3

Half cutts go from about a $1000 upto $2800 depending on what type, age, condition, K's... etc

This project is getting an Ae101 4agze half cutt; prices quoted from $2200 to $2750

Ae71's go for little as $500 for a pritty ok condition up to about $3000 for a mint granny spec regestered origional ! - Good luck with it all !
nismo_gc
Newcomer

January 2005
Re: Project Spirit : Ae71 4agze - PICTURES FIXED !! Mon, 17 January 2005 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks mate, those prices are pretty much what i thought...also is there any coilovers that will fit ae71's?i'm assuming any that were made for an ae86 will, but i havent seen any for sale anywhere...

cheers
joe
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Project Spirit : Ae71 4agze - PICTURES FIXED !! Mon, 17 January 2005 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just keep your eyes and ears open for coil overs, they are everywhere!

honestly, i dont know who needs a front cut. for just a little bit more outlay, you can have something waaaay more powerful than a gze. Simply get a 100kW 4age, buy some new gze pistons, get some aftermarket engine management, a turbo, manifold and dump pipe, bigger injectors.... and you are pretty much set Smile

then again it comes down to how much you can do yourself.
Ge_x
Regular

December 2004
Re: Project Spirit : 4agze - PICTURES FIXED !! Tue, 18 January 2005 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know i could get a lot more power for only a little more, but I'm on a real tight ass budget Sad ATM I'm look into a cadet....
nismo_gc
Newcomer

January 2005
Re: Project Spirit : Ae71 4agze - PICTURES FIXED !! Tue, 18 January 2005 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Tue, 18 January 2005 07:48

just keep your eyes and ears open for coil overs, they are everywhere!

honestly, i dont know who needs a front cut. for just a little bit more outlay, you can have something waaaay more powerful than a gze. Simply get a 100kW 4age, buy some new gze pistons, get some aftermarket engine management, a turbo, manifold and dump pipe, bigger injectors.... and you are pretty much set Smile

then again it comes down to how much you can do yourself.

really, i've never seen coilovers for sale...ohwell, i guess i'm not looking hard enough..

i was thinkingof getting a 4agze, then getting a turbo manifold with garret T28bb turbo....should go alright on a 4agze??

also, this may be a stupid question but is it possible to put a ke70 front end on an ae71? i just like the ke front alot better...and ae's are a bit easier to put a 4agze in them arent they?
Ge_x
Regular

December 2004
Re: Project Spirit : Ae71 4agze - PICTURES FIXED !! Tue, 18 January 2005 21:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its possible buts there a lot cut cutting and trail and error i was going to do that but it just wasn't necessary
Teddy
Newcomer

Banned Again

January 2005
Re: Project Spirit : Ae71 4agze - PICTURES FIXED !! Tue, 18 January 2005 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason -> post up some new pics and put an update up Very Happy

(everyone will like this one Very Happy!)
Ge_x
Regular

December 2004
Re: Project Spirit : Ae71 4agze - PICTURES FIXED !! Wed, 19 January 2005 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
after i finish grinding all the rust out Crying or Very Sad going to the store to pic up stuff for mounting battery and more grinding wheels.

+ have to get skool books uniform ect Confused skool sucks
Teddy_Csx
Regular

On Probation

January 2004
Re: Project Spirit : Ae71 4agze - PICTURES FIXED !! Wed, 09 February 2005 11:16 Go to previous message
Massive update!

- Battery relocated right hand side of boot
- Custom metal plate in Batery holder to make it secure
- Bolted down into floor... its not going anywhere
- Picked up brand new VL fuel pump at trade price
- Cusom Surge tank 60% + complete
- Fuel lines all ripped out, fuel tank out, cleaned up, sprayed
- Rear Diff has been completly overhauled & ready to go back in
- Talking to Robin Bernard on weekend for wiring and legalaties
- picking up engine stand
- Picking up complete Ae86 sprinter with 4agze Surprised
- Will sell sprinter as hole car minus motor and gearbox
- Sprinter has all parts, to what i see, really good news in the rust department!, strait panels, Zillions of spairs, its Blue, etc, etc. ALso has cracked front window.
- PM me for details if you are intrested anway, picking it up next week or 2. Ill post a for sale add when its at home all safe and sussed out 100% !
- Larger Fuel lines comming very soon
- Custom T18 Cluster has come along way, Boost gauge purchased and installed, will put the Oil temp in once we know the sender unit size Razz
- Getting suspension in next month or so
- Rust is still there, will get to it one day hehehe
- Locking Wheel nuts from USA are still on the way...
- Interour coloured to black; still not sure whats hapenning with the seats. Prob good quality seat covers. Getting new black plush pile carpet. Unknown whats happening with roof lining
- Completly rebuilding 4agze which is comming with sprinter, going to make it a very nice 4agze. It already comes with a larger puller wheel (or is it smaller?) i can never remember :S

Thats all i can think of for now, its gona be a screamer when its done Smile

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:My Shopping Trolley
Next Topic:My turbo AE86
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 04:03:45 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0077810287475586 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.