Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
77Mustang
Occasional Poster

January 2005
RA28 "Mustang" wanted Tue, 18 January 2005 03:03 Go to next message
Im Looking for a ra28 "Mustang" celica in the Melbourne area, registered in reasonable condition....

A Couple of years ago i owned 2 TA23's, one for the road and one that i had fixed for running round on the folks farm. i ended up selling the road vehicle when i lost my licence, but about a year later when i got my licence back i went looking for new celica and i was lucky enough to find a fresh trade in at a dealer. It was a beautiful Black 1977 ra28 stickered at $900 the dealer had got it the afternoon before and had put that price on it before washing it, when i got there he had just finished detailing it was about to put a $2k price on it so i grabbed it then and there. The speedo wasnt working but that took 30 seconds to fix and there was no back seat but there were brackets for a woofer box which i took full advantage of putting in 2 10" jbl subbys. Under the bonnet was stock except for the modified battery bay which had a truck battery sitting in it and extractors going to 3" custom exhaust. I was in heaven Very Happy unfortinately 8 months later i ran up the back end of a guy whose stop lights werent working one night and the front end folded up Crying or Very Sad after getting over the psychological damage of that and getting my licence back AGAIN i met my wife fixed the front end up myself cause i was broke.

At that stage i moved to melbourne, i had to take my car, after everything id been through with i wasnt going to leave it or sell it. So the wife and i loaded it full and drove the 3500km from perth to melbourne in just over 3 days. Once here in melbourne my poor car started to fall apart the police kept stopping me till finally i got yellow stickered, my exhaust was pulling 112db at 3000rpm, the legal limit here is 96db.

Well i got it roadworthied but within 3 months the steering started to go the diff and gearbox needed replacing and a hundred other little things not to mention licence renewal around the corner. To cut this long story short my wife convinced me to give up on it, we went out, got a loan and spent it all on a new car, regestration one ra28 lapsed the shire notified me to remove the vehicle or have it removed so one very sad day i sucumbed to the pressure and sold it to a wreckers for $200.

So now 3 years later i need a second car and of course.. i want a 1977 RA28 "Mustang" Celica Very Happy
  Send a private message to this user    
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: RA28 "Mustang" wanted Tue, 18 January 2005 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
message eviljack he may be able to help ya out
77Mustang
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: RA28 "Mustang" wanted Tue, 18 January 2005 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanx CrAiGzEE, ill give him a try. Smile
chrishulbert
Regular

March 2003
Re: RA28 "Mustang" wanted Tue, 18 January 2005 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I may be selling mine...
77Mustang
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: RA28 "Mustang" wanted Tue, 18 January 2005 06:11 Go to previous message
I cant afford much at the moment, i need it for work which i havent started yet. So its a "Future Project" im lookin for ie. straight body, managable rust but tell me what ya got and what ya want for it....
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:yamaha yz 125
Next Topic:**CARS WANTED** 77' MUSTANG ' CELICA OR AE86 SPRINTER
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 11:36:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0043990612030029 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.