Toymods » Tech & Conversions » MX83 Cressida STD stereo plug wiring

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Milhouse
Regular

February 2003
MX83 Cressida STD stereo plug wiring Tue, 18 January 2005 09:48 Go to next message

I am putting a standard Toyota stereo back in my Cressida after I de-pinned the standard plug to wire up an aftermarket stereo.
I need to restore the factory plugs so they will plug back into the std stereo.
Now I know what the wires are for (the colours etc) but I need to know their location in the standard plugs. There are two plugs.
So if anybody has there dash out I would love a picture or description of the standard Stereo plugs!

Thanks

Send a private message to this user    
manmx83
Regular

July 2004
Re: MX83 Cressida STD stereo plug wiring Tue, 18 January 2005 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Millhouse.perhaps if a wrecker nearby has a mx83 you could get your info that way or get the plugs themselves.Alternatively search toyotacressida.com Good Luck.Pete.
Fr3aK
Regular

January 2005
Re: MX83 Cressida STD stereo plug wiring Wed, 19 January 2005 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had a similar problem, but it was putting the thing in!

When installing my Pioneer headunit myself, i had no idea what colour wires connected to the Pioneer harness. I almost gave up, then a little voice in my head said "pull it apart".

So i did.

"HOLY CRAP!" i exclaimed.
On the PCB it had the function of each wire! FR=Front Right, RR=Rear right, '12v+'= 12 volts positive etc

I was so happy.

So maybe you could 'sneak a peak' in the CD player and see if the PCB labels which wires in the harness connects to what. Then all you gotta do is stick the pins back into the original harness as the PCB dictates.
Milhouse
Regular

February 2003
Re: MX83 Cressida STD stereo plug wiring Wed, 19 January 2005 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I tried that except the plugs are soldered straight onto a board with no wires behind the plug so I did'nt look any further.
What does PCB mean and where do I find it??

Fr3aK
Regular

January 2005
Re: MX83 Cressida STD stereo plug wiring Wed, 19 January 2005 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PCB- It's the green plastic wafer thing that looks like it has metal 'tracks' on in. These connect all the components together inside the sterio.

I'm talking bout the stock cd/tape/radio player here:

Take it out
Take the heatsink off
Take off any panels. We're trying to get to the 'bits' behind the wiring plug.
The socket for the plug will be soldered onto the PC Board. Follow the 'tracks' to see where they go. Next to each track should be white letters symbolising which wire does what. ie FR= Front right speaker.

If this is too vague (it sounds vague when i read it out loud Rolling Eyes ) just request me to pull the old sterio out of mine, and i'll take some photos for ya!

Anything to help a fellow Toyota fan. Cool
Milhouse
Regular

February 2003
Re: MX83 Cressida STD stereo plug wiring Thu, 20 January 2005 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Fr3ak you are a legend! Thanks for the help I will give that a go!

Cheers
Fr3aK
Regular

January 2005
Re: MX83 Cressida STD stereo plug wiring Thu, 20 January 2005 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How'd ya go? Did it work?

Did you take photos for the next poor person...
Milhouse
Regular

February 2003
Re: MX83 Cressida STD stereo plug wiring Sat, 22 January 2005 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Well I pulled the standard stereo apart but did'nt have any luck tracing the PCB and could'nt see any markings. But I did come accross these ready made mini wiring looms at Supercheap auto that enable you to just plug the new stereo into the existing plug.
So using that I just worked out where the wires went.
Pretty neat idea really - means absolutely no wire chopping when you want to upgrade your stereo!
capableronTRD
Regular

July 2004
Re: MX83 Cressida STD stereo plug wiring Sun, 23 January 2005 07:04 Go to previous message
Yeah, i've seen those but i prefer soldering my own as you are assured of a solid, reliable connection.

Im curious why you went to the trouble of depinning the standard plug in the first place, every time i've installed a stereo i just go in and hack the plug off with a few cms of wire still attached, replug it into the stock stereo and put the whole thing in a safe place.

That way if i ever have to revert to the original system, say if i was selling the car, its a simple matter of stripping back the wires and either using a set of crimp connectors or just twisting the wires together again (cos who cares, i'd be selling the car anyway).
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4AGE mods
Next Topic:uh oh!! Urgent advice please....
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 13:30:43 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0049362182617188 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.