Toymods » General Car Talk » ST162 dedicated thread

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Matt-itude
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 17 January 2005 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats the plan, lets just pray for 4th gens everywhere that he decides to sell them,

rollaboy, i have just made a really good quality parcel shelf tray. it wasn't really too hard to do. i will take some photo's of it, all i did was trace out the old one, cut it out on 6mm mdf, made a few slices on bend and then used a bracket to hold the bend in place. the bend renders the mdf sheet strong as poo, and you can use the old bracket to strengthen the top end if you like.
  Send a private message to this user    
Matt-itude
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 17 January 2005 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://moment.autodeist.com/pt1.jpg
http://moment.autodeist.com/pt2.jpg
http://moment.autodeist.com/pt3.jpg
http://moment.autodeist.com/pt4.jpg
http://moment.autodeist.com/pt5.jpg

there we go, i hope that explains everything. even get a sneek peek at my new custom designed sub box, to fit snugly in the back maximizing boot space while still maintaining a correct volume box, AND being able to remove the spare tyre without having to move the box at all!
drft spec - st167
Regular

November 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 17 January 2005 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=30575&prevloaded=1&rid=4154&S=0f3a81 2406fc72860941e153138ea9a3&rev=&reveal=&am p;start=960&count=60

my parcel shelf with lettering is about halfway down.
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 17 January 2005 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
game_b0i wrote on Mon, 17 January 2005 16:20

sorry mate.. already sold!! i arranged for their sale to my friend when i knew my head gasket was ko'd cause i wasn't sure what to do with it.

dammit!! well if he pulls out (our you make him pull out Very Happy)
i will like to buy it Very Happy Razz
Matt-itude
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 17 January 2005 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drft spec - st167 wrote on Mon, 17 January 2005 15:19

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=30575&prevloaded=1&rid=4154&S=0f3a81 2406fc72860941e153138ea9a3&rev=&reveal=&am p;am p;start=960&count=60

my parcel shelf with lettering is about halfway down.

how did you do the lettering? i have bee interested in doing something liek that
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 17 January 2005 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just looks like he got a piece of a3 carboard
cut out the letters trd
got orange spray paint
and painted in the letters
drft spec - st167
Regular

November 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 17 January 2005 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah its all in red and black felt, i just stuck red felt underneath and got a sharp scapel to cut the lettering, (this is where a girlfriend who into arts/graphics comes into extra handy), all up it cost 15 bucks inlc cheap spray paint for speaker grills.

has ne one retrimmed their interier?

im wanna do red and black leather or good vinyl and highlight some dash bits with red paint like airvent outsdies etc

any pics??
3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 17 January 2005 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i can make ya 10mm mdf one man realy quick ank easy...just is u really want it and (i'm in QLD) and also how much u bye etc...

game boi....or whatever that sound sick and that cheap...i might cruise down to NSW for bit and shit cause that is CHEAP that 3500 includign the supply of the SSV kit...!

I just read a heap on fiberglassing and my dad used to make cat-er-meranns (the twin haul boats) and yeah said he help me... and i'm gonna do some glassing of lots of stuff on the celica soon! aka door pods....maybe custom boot area with flat floor and two 12in sub area's and nice sick tool box thingy and battery...and other shit!

I would love to fuck with the idea of trying to design a 4th gen celica front bar... and stuff!

Nezza Cool
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 17 January 2005 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alliance_22 wrote on Mon, 17 January 2005 09:04

My car dynoed at 77fwkw.... hmmm... is this honestly a good number for a Gen2 3S-GE from MR2? But then ofcause thats with the Gen1 Manifold...

My Gen 1 pulled 74.8 fwkw with a fresh tune-up and K&N panel filter ! The dyno graph is linked up in my sig. Maybe your car needs a little fine tuning chopin? I aint doing a conversion if it's only gonna net me 2kw! Razz
doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 17 January 2005 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ey fellas,

Got my car back today, looks great, got the rust out of the sun roof too, looks so nice.

Brought a set of lukey 4-2-1 extractors today and getting the 2+1/4 inch zaust next week.

Cant wait to get em on.

Well fellas catch ya.
Farmsci ST162
Regular

August 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 17 January 2005 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, i'm finally pulling my thumb outta my arse and the gen 2 swap is going to the auto electrician to get finished on thursday, i'm kinda hoping for early 90's at the wheels, I sure hope my gen 2 is pulling better than 77 at the wheels!

Cant wait to hear it go in all its open pipes glory!

I should also gloat about the neat pair of genuine US-Spec st165 sideskirts i scored on ebay! cant wait to see them arrive!
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 17 January 2005 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah my car needs tuning Mad

Any good place for recommendation? Hmm... im really really hoping theres something i can do bout it .... the Mr2 had 96fwkw!.. Confused

Ahh... so much things needs to be done

Back to work!!

Work work work!
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 17 January 2005 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Farmsci ST162 wrote on Mon, 17 January 2005 22:53

Well, i'm finally pulling my thumb outta my arse and the gen 2 swap is going to the auto electrician to get finished on thursday, i'm kinda hoping for early 90's at the wheels, I sure hope my gen 2 is pulling better than 77 at the wheels!

I should also gloat about the neat pair of genuine US-Spec st165 sideskirts i scored on ebay! cant wait to see them arrive!

Hey mate u got the Gen2 Manifold ?? or u gonna keep the TVIS?
Matt-itude
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 17 January 2005 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alliance_22 wrote on Mon, 17 January 2005 20:38

Farmsci ST162 wrote on Mon, 17 January 2005 22:53

Hey mate u got the Gen2 Manifold ?? or u gonna keep the TVIS?

hes goin the whole hog, its why he is taking so long to do it.
Matt-itude
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 17 January 2005 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im doin the wiring for my amp, and i have taken apart half the car.

2 questions,

how do i go throught the firewall with the battery cable, and how do i go front under the door trim through the rear quarter panel to get to the boot?
doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 17 January 2005 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is a rubber seal in the top right courner under the hood. It has a cable going into the cabin.

If you remove the rubber seal, and poke a wire down there u should see the wire on the passenger side foot well.

Cheers
Matt-itude
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 17 January 2005 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
doobs wrote on Mon, 17 January 2005 23:56

There is a rubber seal in the top right courner under the hood. It has a cable going into the cabin.

If you remove the rubber seal, and poke a wire down there u should see the wire on the passenger side foot well.

Cheers

thanks mate, thats half my issues solved Smile
doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 17 January 2005 16:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matt-itude wrote on Tue, 18 January 2005 02:59

doobs wrote on Mon, 17 January 2005 23:56

Cheers

thanks mate, thats half my issues solved Smile

dont quiet understand but...

I put my cable under the mounts for the back seat, just remove the bottem of the back seat and try and poke it through. Ull get it evantually

good luck!

[Updated on: Mon, 17 January 2005 16:04]

StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 17 January 2005 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you have your amp mounted in the boot, run the power cable through that bing doobs said and around the back of the 'centre dash' then along the centre console, under the carpet and undert the back seat.You can choose to put it through the middle between the seats, around them and through the sidewalls of the boot or you can even cut a slit in the carpet in the boot.Someone had put all the cuts/holes in mine so i have the option for all.

i personally have one amp under driver's seat and am gonna mount my new amp under the passenger seat next week.I prefer this coz a)harder to pinch b)doesnt take up boot space c)harder to pinch!
Im just running speaker wires then and its cheaper for speaker wire than power cable.

GL with it
game_b0i
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Mon, 17 January 2005 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
game boi....or whatever that sound sick and that cheap...i might cruise down to NSW for bit and shit cause that is CHEAP that 3500 includign the supply of the SSV kit...!

I just read a heap on fiberglassing and my dad used to make cat-er-meranns (the twin haul boats) and yeah said he help me... and i'm gonna do some glassing of lots of stuff on the celica soon! aka door pods....maybe custom boot area with flat floor and two 12in sub area's and nice sick tool box thingy and battery...and other shit!

$3500 for the kit and the respray? no way possible man i meant $3500 for the respray and the bodywork alone not including materials, materials will end up around $500 + the kit on top,

If you are looking at door pods and other fibre glass/carbon fibre stuff pm because SWEET, the place where i am getting my kit moulded. Already has them ready to go.
Matt-itude
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 18 January 2005 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks all, i will give that wiring a go...

http://moment.autodeist.com/mods.jpg

i know the pic is crap, but what do you all think?
SCO-77K
Regular

January 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 18 January 2005 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys long time no see, hows everyone been? whoa heaps of new people since i was here last Very Happy
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 18 January 2005 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, as i too am sporting a set of white sprint hart rims to achieve that 'boy racer' imiage,i can only say one thing- they look really fuckin rad. Buy them, now.right now.Go out that front door and exchange the moneys and stick em on.

Good luck mate
matt86sx
Regular

April 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 18 January 2005 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matt, those rims look awesome - I order you to get them! Very Happy

Scott it has been a while, what you been up to? Good to see our thread starter is still with us, lol.
game_b0i
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 18 January 2005 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does anyone know if the size difference between say a 16" and a 17" rim greatly affect the performance of my car? other than grip wise,because i am not sure whether to get 16" or 17" RAYS te-37's.

Also is there a significant diffenerce between buying those type of rims rather than a $1200 set at beaurepairs? i am not to educated in this part. I know they are lighter but is there a significant difference between the sets other than the huge price?
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 18 January 2005 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
john if your building your st162 for performance i would stick a good pair of 16" on the car because 17" can cause alot of problems with scrubing and all sort of what not.
easier to stick with 16" so it reduces the amount of scrubing

scott cant say ive seen ya on here before, but i see ya only live in castle hill, only 5-10 minutes from me

you missed a nice st162 cruise last week
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 18 January 2005 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can anyone tell me what the stock 3sge gearbox code is?

and what can anyone recommend for a replacement?
i dont want to put another stock st162 3sge gearbox in there for fear of having the crunching problem. but ive heard that an import 3sge gearbox would rip apart my diff
Matt-itude
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 18 January 2005 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djcougar wrote on Tue, 18 January 2005 14:38

john if your building your st162 for performance i would stick a good pair of 16" on the car because 17" can cause alot of problems with scrubing and all sort of what not.
easier to stick with 16" so it reduces the amount of scrubing

scott cant say ive seen ya on here before, but i see ya only live in castle hill, only 5-10 minutes from me

you missed a nice st162 cruise last week

if you looked closely he starrted this thread, and has also been with us from the beginning
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 18 January 2005 21:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
on my way to dinner last night with family
and saw this on the side of the road near my house

sorry about poor quality, used a camera phone
http://www.carnageperformance.com/members/downloads/celica1.jpg
http://www.carnageperformance.com/members/downloads/celica2.jpg

horrible i know
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 18 January 2005 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Can we go there and salvage whats left?

*Poor little Celica* Sad Sad
GBC_069
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Tue, 18 January 2005 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man that white one had a hard hit , we need to get a monsta st 162 cruise happening when warrior has his up and runnin, the sydney region ppl and anyone else that wants to come along !!!! need to meet some of you fellas and see your celicas
doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 19 January 2005 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got some extractors today, Now is it hard to install em? or should i get it done somewhere?

Cheers
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 19 January 2005 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats hard to say doobs seeing we dont know what they look like. it depends on whether they have a bracket where your cat is? or whether it needs to be welded onto your existing pipe work. maybe more info would help us determine mate.

Karl
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 19 January 2005 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djcougar wrote on Tue, 18 January 2005 19:19

i dont want to put another stock st162 3sge gearbox in there for fear of having the crunching problem. but ive heard that an import 3sge gearbox would rip apart my diff

can anyone answer that question??
temptation
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 19 January 2005 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djcougar wrote on Wed, 19 January 2005 12:02

djcougar wrote on Tue, 18 January 2005 19:19

can anyone answer that question??

who cares whether it damages your diff...seeing you dont have one.

best bet is to buy an MR2 box.
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 19 January 2005 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the diff is incorportated in to the gear box, so who ever said that it would rip apart the diff didn't know what they were talking about.

As for the MR2 box, yea it would be stronger. If you can find an Beams FWD box it would be better. I use the MR2 turbo box with an LSD in it, i recomend the LSD but the cost was alot more than most ppl are willing to pay for a box. And remember that the MR2 box has to be modified for FWD as the selectors are on the wrong side of the box for FWD.
Matt-itude
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 19 January 2005 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is the modification difficult and / or expensive?
doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 19 January 2005 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ey fellas,

I know im probly worried about nothing, but the lukey extractors i got say they are for a camry in the book, i think its the 3sfe,
does any know if they are ok for the 3sge too?

Cheers
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 19 January 2005 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
regarding the extractors,

um, i'm pretty sure they're different. When i got mine done (Exhaust Technology) "Marky" Mark rang me specifically to ask whether mine was a ge or fe. seeing as the heads for the 2 are also different, i say check with Lukey or the distributor, than check again!!
sik sx
Regular

I supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 19 January 2005 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys just got a problem thought you's could help - my car makes a throbbing noise - i can physically feel it shaking my car, it is coming from the front left hand side, i have narrowed it down to the steering rack, drive line or cv joints - my wheel bearings arent in the best condition but would not make this noise! anyone had this problem b4? i also replaced my front shocks(kyb), springs(Kings) and bump stops, i ripped that little 'harmonica' rubber behind the wheel hub any idea how it is replaced it looks like i will have to take the hub off Mad, well ok thanks, oh and 1 other thing are the sump surroundings normally bumpy on these cars cos mine is and my plug leaks like my mum on heat - i put silicon on and around the plug, and replaced gasket and plug but it still leaks!! anyone know of a reckors that has a celica for recking in brisbane/sunshine coast? i can never find them.
cheers
sik sx
Regular

I supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 19 January 2005 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey guys just got a problem thought you's could help - my car makes a throbbing noise - i can physically feel it shaking my car, it is coming from the front left hand side, i have narrowed it down to the steering rack, drive line or cv joints - my wheel bearings arent in the best condition but would not make this noise! anyone had this problem b4? i also replaced my front shocks(kyb), springs(Kings) and bump stops, i ripped that little 'harmonica' rubber behind the wheel hub any idea how it is replaced it looks like i will have to take the hub off Mad, well ok thanks, oh and 1 other thing are the sump surroundings normally bumpy on these cars cos mine is and my plug leaks like my mum on heat - i put silicon on and around the plug, and replaced gasket and plug but it still leaks!! anyone know of a reckors that has a celica for recking in brisbane/sunshine coast? i can never find them.
cheers
sik sx
Regular

I supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 19 January 2005 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok just git quoted $120 for a reco'ed iner and outer cv thing like the whole arm from the grear box and 19.95 for the rubber boot, i descibed it to the dude at car bits he thinks it is the cv's on its way it it has been like this for loike 4 months, is it a bit job to replace this? maybe some directions or tips would be appreciated
cheers
p.s i have a haynes manual at home would it be in there,, spose i may as well check it out
Matt-itude
Regular

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 19 January 2005 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://moment.autodeist.com/sub.jpg
http://moment.autodeist.com/sub2.jpg

here is my new sub and amp boot setup, there is still plenty of space left in the boot, and its cranking out some pretty nice noise.

i can "sell" the plans off for it if anyone likes Wink
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 19 January 2005 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice little setup
should of built a new floor tho, because you can still see the lining of the floor.

once im ready to build my boot, im going to build a floor and carpet it myself, aswell as cut a hole so I can get easy access to the tyre.
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 19 January 2005 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ITS ALMOST DONE.

just exhaust and a little fine tuning to go Smile

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v293/warrior007/enginebay.jpg

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v293/warrior007/bonnetup.jpg

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v293/warrior007/sitnice.jpg
Edwin 3S-GTE
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 19 January 2005 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks GREAT! That GT4 front bumper combined with the rest of the kit! And of course the 3SGTE Smile
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 19 January 2005 21:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dam that is looking so dam very nice!!!
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Wed, 19 January 2005 21:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeez Karl, thats looking unreal.

Bloody quick conversion too.Has to be the fastest on the forums i reckon.So, you wanna drive down to Melbourne and drop a turbo donk, into mine?....when you getting the exhaust finished off and are you gettin it tuned on a dyno?
Keep us up to date

Catcha
doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 20 January 2005 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
While ya down here drop one in mine too Razz

Got the extractors on, very nice, only one problem, the heat has melted a bit of the padding on the bonnet, im worried that it might get worse, how can I avoid this?

Cheers fellas
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 20 January 2005 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get some heat shield straps for your extractors.

I would have never considered the conversion if I didn't know I was going to be on holidays and could dedicate a lot of time into it. 2 key words for anyone who wants to go down this path. PREPARATION and RESEARCH.

bloody work...went back on Monday....DOH

doobs
Regular

September 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 20 January 2005 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
warrior wrote on Thu, 20 January 2005 16:57

get some heat shield straps for your extractors.

I would have never considered the conversion if I didn't know I was going to be on holidays and could dedicate a lot of time into it. 2 key words for anyone who wants to go down this path. PREPARATION and RESEARCH.

bloody work...went back on Monday....DOH

Where can i get em? and what do they look like?

Cheers
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 20 January 2005 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
here you go doobs

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;category=50140&item=4520848875&rd=1

Karl Smile
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 20 January 2005 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey Karl, just curious as to what you're gonna do with the old SSV front bar?Are you willing to sell and ship down here mate? If so, how much? Smile Again, congrats on the conversion thus far.Car looks great too, just waiting to see those over-fenders and some massive OZ-Racing rims on now!(that is if you're still getting those 18"-ers)
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 20 January 2005 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StuC wrote on Thu, 20 January 2005 17:33

hey Karl, just curious as to what you're gonna do with the old SSV front bar?Are you willing to sell and ship down here mate? If so, how much? Smile Again, congrats on the conversion thus far.Car looks great too, just waiting to see those over-fenders and some massive OZ-Racing rims on now!(that is if you're still getting those 18"-ers)

I still have the SSV front bar. it shouldn't be hard to ship as it is in 3 pieces (broken in other words) Laughing I probably would have tried to put it back together but there were big chunks missing. oh well...got a ST165 front looks better anyway.

was originally going to put flares and 17X9 and 17X8 but I think it looks better the way it is. so decided against it. Smile

never had intentions of getting 18's ...I think 17 is too big sometimes.

Karl
Edwin 3S-GTE
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 20 January 2005 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speaking of fender flares, what do you guys this of this very cool pic of my car? Looks professional eh? I went to this Celica meeting and two friends came along in a different car. Had one of them taking pictures out of the window with his dig. camera. This was one of the coolest pics that came out!

http://www.tccn.nl/st162/deel70/DSC05756%20copy.jpg
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 20 January 2005 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats a great pic and the car looks awesome Edwin.

your car was the inspiration for me to get flares. however, lack of availability meant I would have to get a replacement off another type of car like the ma61 supra. too much stuffing around and lack of time threw that idea straight down the drain. and it also meant that I would have to paint the car, which I didn't want to do seeing it still has the factory paint job on it.

and BTW Edwin. Stop teasing us with your flares...we cant get them Razz Razz
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 20 January 2005 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are you kidding yourself farmsci, you want low 90's atw.... dunno about that, I reckon you'd be pulling mid to high 80's at the rollers no more.

alliance_22, if the mr2 was pulling 96rwkw that is a tad different to yours, the gen2 manifolds and ecu would aquate for an extra ~10kw alone, even changing fuel and timing may only give you into the low 80's atw, maybe the engine has some other problems. Plus he may have had other mods exhaust and intake stuff, they are a hell of a lot different characteristcs on an mr2 to what they do on a celica.

My 162 should be gracing the streets again soon, the MR2 is going in for a paintjob in the next few weeks, so while that is happening the 162 will be back boosting Very Happy
Edwin 3S-GTE
Regular

February 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Thu, 20 January 2005 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think your car looks great as it is now without the flares! There are two disadvantages that come with the flares:

- The rears sit lower over the wheels than the fronts... if you were to compensate for that, you'd need coilovers (which I had but never installed), but you'd rather set the coilovers for optimum handling, not looks.

- You really need low-offset wheels to fill the flares. what good is a wide-body car without the rims to fill the gaps? I mean, my car looks okay, but if my plan was to keep it, I would probably source some deep dish low-offset wheels for the rears. Not sure how this would effect handling though, being a FWD car and having more track in the rear...
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 21 January 2005 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea mate...the flares thing will not be happening to my car.

its hard enough to find decent wheels for our car let alone find some with that kind of offset. unless they were custom made ie. simmons.

BTW. are any of you guys going on the cruise on the 6th February to Cronulla. I am hoping to get my car there. would be nice to see a few other ST16X there.

Karl.
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: ST162 dedicated thread Fri, 21 January 2005 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
i will not be attending that cruise purely for the fact team dream will be attending and i couldnt stand being there with them
Pages (63): [ «  <  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: '76 Corona MKII
Next Topic:Old photos
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 23:24:55 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01406717300415 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.