Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
BOVs and defects Tue, 18 January 2005 12:53 Go to next message
i have been told by a reliable source that all states are about to start a full crack down on BOVs. basically now if they hear a BOV your defected no questions asked...

i know that they are illegal and all but it was never really enforced but now they are going all out on them... a mate of mine is in the force and he was telling me that they are now getting orders to defect on the spot anyone and everyone with a atmos BOV and that it is going to be nation wide

so within the next 6-12 months expect no more BOVs unless your car is a show car and not driven on the roads... i am not sure if this is 100% but i believe so as my mate is an 'on the beat' cop

has anyone else heard anything? im not worried cause im gonna get a plumb back BOV cause im over the whole m=noise and letting everyone know im coming sounds
  Send a private message to this user    
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: BOVs and defects Tue, 18 January 2005 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does that mean my rice BOV noise maker is illegal? Laughing Razz

That really sucks, i didnt know they were illegal in the first place Surprised

[Updated on: Tue, 18 January 2005 13:14]

davedrifts
Regular

Banned User

September 2004
Re: BOVs and defects Tue, 18 January 2005 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeh the ones that go "PT-shhhh" are gunna be illegal, you now have to use a plumb-back one...i think thats wat they are...(im an idiot).... but yeh, the EPA is makin BOVs illegal.
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: BOVs and defects Tue, 18 January 2005 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dick lickers have nothing better to do...

[Updated on: Tue, 18 January 2005 13:36]

davedrifts
Regular

Banned User

September 2004
Re: BOVs and defects Tue, 18 January 2005 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hit the nail on the head dimmy.
tyottsoarer
Regular

June 2004
Re: BOVs and defects Tue, 18 January 2005 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that compressed air is "HIGHLY DANGEROUS" , I can "TOTALY" understand why the would want theses highly dangerous devices removed from the road.......
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: BOVs and defects Tue, 18 January 2005 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In most turbo charged cars the crank case ventilation enters the intake system pre-turbo so the blow off valve can let a small amount of gas which has come from the crank case ventilation system into the atmosphere when it vents. This is the EPA reasoning as this crank case gas should go through the whole combustion process and exit the exhaust.

Still though I think there are a shitload of unroadworthy cars that have unsafe problems which would be much better to focus on.

Meh it's just a noise, won't bother me to go back to plumb back.
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: BOVs and defects Wed, 19 January 2005 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, but the extra cost involved in altering a device which emits a fraction of the pollution in its entire lifespan as one out of the millions of Mitsushitty express's belching out plumes of shit does between one set of lights and the next set is a bloody outrage...

surely the miniscule amount of PCV gases that are released doesnt pose anywhere near as big an ecological threat as the thousands of ring blown, block cracked, HG fubar'd death traps we see on the roads everyday... Mad
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: BOVs and defects Wed, 19 January 2005 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why exactly are bovs illegal? i dont need to hear the "because they want to target us, whinge etc" but the real reason that the rta or whoever gives as to why they are illegal, apart from noise.
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: BOVs and defects Wed, 19 January 2005 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke382TG wrote on Wed, 19 January 2005 09:49

In most turbo charged cars the crank case ventilation enters the intake system pre-turbo so the blow off valve can let a small amount of gas which has come from the crank case ventilation system into the atmosphere when it vents. This is the EPA reasoning as this crank case gas should go through the whole combustion process and exit the exhaust.

Still though I think there are a shitload of unroadworthy cars that have unsafe problems which would be much better to focus on.

Meh it's just a noise, won't bother me to go back to plumb back.

has already been explained...

stupid but thats there reasoning Razz

NOLAN
Ribbo
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: BOVs and defects Wed, 19 January 2005 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive been defected for BOV and pod filter... along with pretty much everything in my car incurring a RED defect sticker grounding me (stupid me cleaning out car and forgetting engineers cert)
davedrifts
Regular

Banned User

September 2004
Re: BOVs and defects Wed, 19 January 2005 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The reason there illegal is because they release small amounts of gas into the atmosphere (you know the whole bullshit about the o zone layers and were going to burn to death one day) So the EPA is making them illegal to have. Now you have to use a plumb back.
Meat_rack
Regular

December 2004
Re: BOVs and defects Wed, 19 January 2005 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I reckon they sound crap anyway.

(thats my opinion) Razz .
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: BOVs and defects Wed, 19 January 2005 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was under the impression that it was 'cuz of the extra fuel injected into the engine when the throttle snaps shut under any free venting BOV on a AFM car.

The fuel keeps flowing, air doesn't, so unburnt fuel comes out your exhaust, causing pollution.

Personaly I think it's fairly sensible to fit a plumb back anyway. Although I do wish the EPA and police would give us a little room to move around.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: BOVs and defects Wed, 19 January 2005 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Wed, 19 January 2005 23:28

I was under the impression that it was 'cuz of the extra fuel injected into the engine when the throttle snaps shut under any free venting BOV on a AFM car.

The fuel keeps flowing, air doesn't, so unburnt fuel comes out your exhaust, causing pollution.

Personaly I think it's fairly sensible to fit a plumb back anyway. Although I do wish the EPA and police would give us a little room to move around.

actually not unburnt fuel but the engine does run extremly rich causing a puff of black smoke but on a map sensored car like most cars with aftermarket ecu's it wont. But the real reason is cause of habibs driving through brighton in wrx's with loud bov's which piss off residents and the ultra conservatives which think the only noise your car should make comes from john laws through the stero. The epa and rta just use the emissions excuse to please the movers and shakers in nsw that make donations to political parties and live in places like brighton.

[Updated on: Wed, 19 January 2005 12:44]

Rex_Kelway
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: BOVs and defects Wed, 19 January 2005 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So that fucking PSHHTTTT!!!! should be illegal, so to with excessively loud exhausts. There is no reason for it except make a noise which just pisses people off.

Rex eats out often on one of Adelaides many cafe strips and is sick as are most patrons of the many easily amused spanner monkeys who floor it for 10 metres just to build some boost then have their useless BOV just PSHTTT!!!ing away.

Rex understands it not. There must be groups of these people who get together as a group and re-enforce one anothers behaviour as to just 'cool' you must be when you have a LOUD BOV shiney lame wheels, stupid cranked stereos and massive hunks of fibreglass shit hanging off their cars. And then use all this pathetic toss to annoy other citizens.

Trust him those who see you doing your 'thing' don't think its cool, most simply laugh their arses off, and those who do like it are boneheads.

Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: BOVs and defects Wed, 19 January 2005 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Wed, 19 January 2005 23:38

actually not unburnt fuel but the engine does run extremly rich causing a puff of black smoke but on a map sensored car like most cars with aftermarket ecu's it wont. But the real reason is cause of habibs driving through brighton in wrx's with loud bov's which piss off residents and the ultra conservatives which think the only noise your car should make comes from john laws through the stero. The epa and rta just use the emissions excuse to please the movers and shakers in nsw that make donations to political parties and live in places like brighton.

Yeah, I'm aware of the MAP thing. 2JZ-GTEs run MAP sensors don't they? And 20 valve (blacktop) 4A-GEs. I thought some of the fuel didn't get burnt off when that happened? So much for me knowing about combustion. LOL. And as for the wankers with their no noise policy, well screw them. I hate being woken up by that fucking truck that lives down the road every morning, but he has a job to do. It should just be illegal for fucktards to put BOVs on their car for no reason...

Cop: "Sorry sir, we're gonna have to defect you for that blow off valve"
Idiot: "Ohh wha? Datz bullshit! Why?"
Cop: "Well 'cuz you're obviously a tool sir. You're running an AFM and screwing your engines performance up. You're too stupid to own this car sir. Have a nice day."
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: BOVs and defects Wed, 19 January 2005 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davedrifts wrote on Wed, 19 January 2005 00:31

Yeh the ones that go "PT-shhhh" are gunna be illegal, you now have to use a plumb-back one...i think thats wat they are...(im an idiot).... but yeh, the EPA is makin BOVs illegal.

mine is a plumb back, but you can definately hear it go off as I have a pod and all the sound comes back through that....
its not illegal
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: BOVs and defects Mon, 24 January 2005 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=4agte wrote on Wed, 19 January 2005 23:38]

Cop: "Well 'cuz you're obviously a tool sir. You're running an AFM and screwing your engines performance up. You're too stupid to own this car sir. Have a nice day."

lol... cops know about AFM's?? Razz

As long as they don't bust people for plumb back BOV's and lack of BOV (ie. still makes noise) then it's ok... no need for an atmo BOV anyway.

I still don't trust them.

[Updated on: Mon, 24 January 2005 01:08]

Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: BOVs and defects Mon, 24 January 2005 01:35 Go to previous message
[quote title=HyDrA wrote on Mon, 24 January 2005 12:08]
4agte wrote on Wed, 19 January 2005 23:38

lol... cops know about AFM's?? Razz

As long as they don't bust people for plumb back BOV's and lack of BOV (ie. still makes noise) then it's ok... no need for an atmo BOV anyway.

I still don't trust them.

Yes. In my fantasy land where cops are cool, they do.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Serial Rock Thrower? wtf?
Next Topic:Ford Mustang forums?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 17:51:56 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.005511999130249 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.