Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » De sroking 2nz-fe infomation(old most powerful small toyota post)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Meat_rack
Regular

December 2004
icon5.gif  De sroking 2nz-fe infomation(old most powerful small toyota post) Sun, 16 January 2005 04:19 Go to next message
I was wondering if anyone new what would be the most powerful toyota motor that would meet these specs.

ENGINE
4.01 Production car type engines. Two valve with pushrods 1300cc + 10% overbore
(maximum = 1430cc).
4.02 Production car type engines. Two valve with single overhead cam 1300cc + 8%
overbore (maximum = 1404cc).
4.03 Production car type engines. Two valve with twin overhead cam 1200cc + 6%
overbore (maximum = 1272cc).
4.04 Production car type engines. Multivalve 1050cc + 6% overbore (maximum = 1113cc).

(these cars run on methanol, it is intended for a compact speedcar so it wont have a gearbox or clutch, they should produce about 150hp-180hp)

Cheers..

[Updated on: Wed, 19 January 2005 08:15]

Send a private message to this user    
indigoid
Regular

September 2002

Re: most powerful small toyota motor Sun, 16 January 2005 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
one of their modern twincams might be a good place to start... as in the Echo/Platz/etc, ie. the SZ and NZ engine families. Could also look at older E-family engines

Toyota really haven't made many engines in that capacity class, at least not powerful ones. K family OHV engines are tough as nails but not overly powerful stock
Meat_rack
Regular

December 2004
Re: most powerful small toyota motor Sun, 16 January 2005 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the motor must be n/a aswell and 4cylinder of coarse. im not worried of the stock motor is not to powerful i just would like to know weather i can get a motor in those specs that has potential to produce that kind of power.
Meat_rack
Regular

December 2004
Re: most powerful small toyota motor Sun, 16 January 2005 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the motor must be n/a as well and 4cylinder cylinder of coarse. im not worried if the stock motor is not to powerful i just would like to know weather i can get a motor in those specs that has potential to produce that kind of power.
indigoid
Regular

September 2002

Re: most powerful small toyota motor Sun, 16 January 2005 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I reckon the SZ or NZ motors, then. Some people have built some pretty ridiculous K engines though
Meat_rack
Regular

December 2004
Re: most powerful small toyota motor Sun, 16 January 2005 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers buddy.
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: most powerful small toyota motor Sun, 16 January 2005 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does it have to be a car engine? most motorbike engines fit into those categories and make 150HP stock.

Other than that, I remember reading a thread on here that linked to an article about some people who were going for some small capacity land speed records. I believe they destroked a 4AG to 1L and got some pretty good power.

Tim

here's the article

http://www.bobnorwood.com/The%20Fastest%20Little%2 0Sports%20Car%20in%20Utah.htm

[Updated on: Sun, 16 January 2005 11:18]

Meat_rack
Regular

December 2004
Re: most powerful small toyota motor Sun, 16 January 2005 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there are different motor rules for bike motors, but yes they can be used. i just wanted to go by Toyota power to be different as people using wacky motors like Datsun etc. and are finding more power than the most common 1000cc, fzr motorbike and Suzuki swift motors. but anyone with any further information feel free to contribute.

thanx.
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: most powerful small toyota motor Sun, 16 January 2005 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what about this puppy, may not be financially viable...

Quote:

750cc watercooled 8 cylinder, 90 degree vee configuration, bore and stroke 56 x 38mm, 'Flat' (180) crankshaft design, 6 speed close ratio cassette-style gearbox, 4 valves per cylinder, 17,000 rpm redline (race motors 19,000rpm), 120 kW power output projected.

http://home.mira.net/~iwd/750specs.html

They re building a 1L version but no specs Sad

tim

oops, I didn't read the 4cyl thing. Sorry.

[Updated on: Sun, 16 January 2005 11:33]

Meat_rack
Regular

December 2004
Re: most powerful small toyota motor Sun, 16 January 2005 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats ok the minimum amount of cylinders is 4 but there isnt anyone that i know of that uses any more than 4cylinders as anything bigger weighs more plus less torque. but i really want aq toyota but if the reality is that there is no way to get nearly 160hp out of a toyota then i might just go a datsun or maybe even a renult.
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: most powerful small toyota motor Sun, 16 January 2005 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what is it to run?
Meat_rack
Regular

December 2004
Re: most powerful small toyota motor Sun, 16 January 2005 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its for a compact speedcar. but any suggestions for car motors other than toyota ones tha meet these specs.

cheers.
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: most powerful small toyota motor Sun, 16 January 2005 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I reckon the capacity is better than the milti valve twincams.

Find an old chugger and give it huge compression Wink

the only toyota I could think of would be the old K series. I remember seeing a pic of a "race" K-motor, looked horn...

I'll try to find it.

Tim.
Meat_rack
Regular

December 2004
Re: most powerful small toyota motor Sun, 16 January 2005 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks tim.
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: most powerful small toyota motor Sun, 16 January 2005 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do you race at the moment? What are you using now?
Meat_rack
Regular

December 2004
Re: most powerful small toyota motor Sun, 16 January 2005 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
na not at the moment i have faimily in the catorogry and a few friend al running diffirent configerations (swifts,kawasaki,yamaha,dihatsu) the fzr yamaha is by far the best but he has spent several thousand on the car nearly twice asmuch as the other drivers and noticably he is at the front. but if ya can find a pic of a k motor and maybe some spec and the potential power that can be generated from it would be appreciated.

Cheers.
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: most powerful small toyota motor Sun, 16 January 2005 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The engine I'm thinking of was a TRD thing. Hell expensive and probably only a couple made. I think it had 4valve heads come to think of it so it wouldn't be within the class guidelines.

Does anyone run quad carbs? are people after high revs or is it better to aim for the torque?
Meat_rack
Regular

December 2004
Re: most powerful small toyota motor Sun, 16 January 2005 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
people usually run quad throttle bodies eg. kinser injection, quad keheins or some even use twin webbes. i think i kow of the motor your thinking of it has a blue cam cover and green block.

I wish i could have that i would cream every one but its not a reality. but do you have anymore infomation on old toyotas, them must be able to run on methanol.
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: most powerful small toyota motor Sun, 16 January 2005 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah, I don't have a clue, I don't even know what requirements methanol has.

I'd presume that a bike engine would be the way to go, they are fairly cheap and have way more HP/litre than car motors.

for the price of a 3/4K worked to make over 130HP you could get a 1000cc superbike that makes it stock. with a big exhaust, big cams and some head work, I can't see why 150-160 isn't do-able without methanol.

Tim.
Meat_rack
Regular

December 2004
Re: most powerful small toyota motor Sun, 16 January 2005 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i may even go towards a bike motor but the inital purchase is the killer.
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: most powerful small toyota motor Sun, 16 January 2005 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, it's all $$$

yzf R1's pout out 180HP standard, and you can buy the bikes for as little as $8k. You'd have to ring wreckers to see what prices the engines went for.

old FJ1200's go for as little as 3K complete. they make about 135 standard I think. That's what they use in those aussie racer things.

even if an R1 motor is $3k, you wouldn't have much left after making a datto 1200 or something a 160HP beast would you?

Tim.
Meat_rack
Regular

December 2004
Re: most powerful small toyota motor Sun, 16 January 2005 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there are blokes out there with dattos running with standard fzr's. but the gsxr and fzr seem to be the way to go as they are light all alloy motors.The only prob is that the car opperate without gear boxes and cluthces so ther is a fair bit of dicking around with a motor bike as my uncle has a kawasaki with a g-box and it is noting but trouble. thats why i was leading towards a car motor. also the motor bike motors have been known to crack exhasust studs and cam covers and they are mounted purpendicular to the axel and are diff driven.
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: most powerful small toyota motor Sun, 16 January 2005 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A mates dad has a 130 Hp 3K in a clubman - overbored with triumph pistons, big port job, oversize valves, big cam (unsure of specs) and twin 40mm sidedraft webbers. It runs avgas as it has a 12:1 compression ratio. You could probably squeeze some more out of it with methanol and more development. There was a TRD manual for the K series engines kicking around the place that would give some ideas/specs for a "Stage 3" engine.

The snazzy twin cam 3K with injection and ITBs was a toyota racing only item and very few were made - probably none exist outside the factory.

[Updated on: Sun, 16 January 2005 23:53]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: most powerful small toyota motor Mon, 17 January 2005 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hayabusa engine
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: most powerful small toyota motor Mon, 17 January 2005 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pity you can;t turbo the bugger...
there's a megasquirted hayabusa turbo motor making over 600hp in a land speed car
Meat_rack
Regular

December 2004
Re: most powerful small toyota motor(compact speedcar motor) Mon, 17 January 2005 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here are the complete rule for motors

ENGINE
4.01 Production car type engines. Two valve with pushrods 1300cc + 10% overbore
(maximum = 1430cc).
4.02 Production car type engines. Two valve with single overhead cam 1300cc + 8%
overbore (maximum = 1404cc).
4.03 Production car type engines. Two valve with twin overhead cam 1200cc + 6%
overbore (maximum = 1272cc).
4.04 Production car type engines. Multivalve 1050cc + 6% overbore (maximum = 1113cc).
4.05 Production motorcycle type engines. Two valve 1050cc + 6% overbore (maximum =
1113cc).
4.06 Production motorcycle type engines. Multivalve 1000cc + 6% overbore (maximum =
1060cc).
4.07 Two stroke engines are limited to 1000cc plus an overbore of 6% *(SWEPT
VOLUME) (maximum = 1060cc).
4.08 All engines over 1113cc must be car type and water cooled.
4.09 Rotary engines: the maximum capacity for rotary engines not to exceed 1000cc total
swept volume and restricted to no peripheral porting.
4.10 Supercharger and Turbochargers permitted provided the total capacity of the motor
does not exceed the limit set for that particular design of the motor. I.e. TOHC =
714cc, SOHC = 785cc, P.R.E = 857cc, with no overboring allowed.
4.11 No restrictions on carburetors or fuel injection size, type or quantity.
4.12 Engine must be located in front of the Driver.
4.13 Any type of motor may be used, provided it is in line with the above, however, if any
doubts exists about the legality of an engine due to technical advances in design, then
any such motor MUST be approved by the Association. It is the responsibility of the
Member to provide all relevant details concerning engine design and specifications.
4.14 Adjustable computer engine management systems e.g.: Motec or Haltech permitted.
4.15 Radio operated management systems are not permitted.
4.16 Double pulse or Sarich type engines or their derivatives are not permitted during this
period.

So if anyone has an parcticle idea for a mega hp machine that wont cost inexcess of 7000 i would glady like to hear it
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: most powerful small toyota motor Mon, 17 January 2005 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you want a Toyota engine that meets those requirements I'd be looking to buy a 3K from a clubman racer and give it a freshen up. They made some pretty serious power out of those little things.

I don't know that this would really be competitive in the class though.
Meat_rack
Regular

December 2004
Re: most powerful small toyota motor Tue, 18 January 2005 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump
Meat_rack
Regular

December 2004
De stroking a motor Tue, 18 January 2005 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is it worth it if i have the money to spend. and to what extent could i go. I still want a toyota motor in my compact speedcar, and i want some serious power could i even de stroke a 4age or mabe something a bit diffirent to achieve these engine specs. and get power to rival 180hp??

Cheers
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: De stroking a motor Tue, 18 January 2005 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The problem with destroking something like a 4A is that you will be putting in a engine that was designed to be a 1600 as a 1000cc engine. This means the engine block is big enough and heavy enough to be a 1600 but you aren't getting the power to make up for all that bulk.

I say destroke a 2NZ-FE if you want to destroke an engine. That's the Echo engine. It's an alloy block engine with a nice little twin cam head. the engine is fairly long stroke to begin with so destroking it would be good for it. It also runs shimless buckets. You'll have to have a fair amount of customer parts made but I reckon it would be a kick arse project. How much fun would it be telling people it's an Echo engine after you beat them?
Meat_rack
Regular

December 2004
Re: De stroking a motor Tue, 18 January 2005 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What is the cost estimate and things id have to do?

I know id have to sleve the barrels and maybe machine a new crank, but wot other thing do you guys say would be a must for de stroking?

Id do all the porting and motec computers and maybe if im reallly keen kinser injection. If I know for sure that a healthy $160+hp motor can be built i will take on the project.

so anyone got any estimates on cost and maybe a wild guess at hp.

i know it would be very hard to estimate but will someone please give me a educated honest figure.

Cheers andrew.
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: De stroking a motor Tue, 18 January 2005 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't see why you'd have to sleave the block unless there is strength issues. You will have to get a crank made and then you'll need longer con-rods which is a good thing as it will reduce the side loads on the cylinder walls and also allow higher revs.

You'll have to get custom cams made possibly with adjustable scissor gears to set them how you want.

With a bunch of head work some serious cams and a tonne of compression I reckon it should be possible to hit your target. Of course there is going to have to be a heap of development work done but that's par for the course in any racing engine program.

Honestly though nobody can tell you how much power it will make because it hasn't been done before to the best of my knowledge. I'd advise getting your hands on some engine simulation software and all the specs for the engine then have a play around and see what results you can get.
Meat_rack
Regular

December 2004
Re: De stroking a motor Tue, 18 January 2005 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanx for the reply

were could i get some of this software from and do you know of any names of programes.

Cheers Joshstix for your help Smile Smile Smile
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: most powerful small toyota motor(compact speedcar motor) Tue, 18 January 2005 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Meat_rack wrote on Mon, 17 January 2005 19:00

4.06 Production motorcycle type engines. Multivalve 1000cc + 6% overbore (maximum =1060cc).

YZF R1 makes 180 stock with 998 cc's, is there any reason you can't uswe this engine?

a 1000cc 2stroke would be the go...

I don't think destroking would be worthwhile, too many $$$ for what you're after.

Tim.

[Updated on: Tue, 18 January 2005 09:34]

Meat_rack
Regular

December 2004
Re: most powerful small toyota motor(compact speedcar motor) Tue, 18 January 2005 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
all the fast guys use these but i want to be diffirent and get power a little unconvetually(spelling) by usiny a toyota.
two strokes are two tempromental and annoying to tune. and in an earlier post i said motor cycle motors are a bit of a no go for me, the also have gearboxes built in and are a bitch to mount as you cant bolt them to the firewall.
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: most powerful small toyota motor (De sroking a motor) Tue, 18 January 2005 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What's the deal with turbo's then? you can only have half the capacity?
Meat_rack
Regular

December 2004
Re: most powerful small toyota motor (De sroking a motor) Tue, 18 January 2005 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
once apon a time there was a turbo car wining everything with those specs. so there is not much if a disadvantage as gsxr600 motors cranking out serious pover when turbo'ed but they are very hard to get tuned to run well thats why there arnt many of them. but the only one turbo car i can think of was fast a bloke that owned his own turbo shop. but they can still keep up dont you worry.
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: most powerful small toyota motor (De sroking a motor) Tue, 18 January 2005 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well if you could build a strong enough motor then you could pump more than 30PSI no worries, that's more than 2X the capacity. so a tiny turbo multivalve would net you the best power.

the suzuki cappacino has a 660cc turbo. you could find out if toyota has a simmilar 'k' class car/engine. It wouldn't be cheap getting it to handle the boost though. I rebuild with tough internals would be needed I think.

If you wanted to be a little expiremental then you could rig up a blower and convert a little (700cc) motor to 2 stroke ala Orbital engines, although I don't know how much would be involved there. It'd sure be different though...

mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: most powerful small toyota motor (De sroking a motor) Tue, 18 January 2005 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you've got a US-millitary type budget, you could probably pick any bottom end you wanted and then build a head from scratch for it. But that's just being silly now Very Happy
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: most powerful small toyota motor (De sroking a motor) Tue, 18 January 2005 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The group 7 3K was dry sumped, quad slide throttles immaculately painted and had a beautiful set of extractors on it. They were only supplied through Toyota Motor Corp in Japan. The 2TG was designated a 100E as a 16v and then as a 151E and 18RG was 152E and the 3K got 16valves too.

To much work to do that now. Toysport used to have one but it's gone. They do have a 152E which at $9500- is a bargan next to the 3m at $25K (but that does incluse g/box)
7mgtema71
Regular

May 2002
Re: most powerful small toyota motor (De sroking a motor) Tue, 18 January 2005 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just want to clarify that the racing spec 16V Toyota motors are the following;

3K/4K 16V version is called 150E
2TG 16V version is called 151E
18RG 16V version is called 152E

And finally the most famous motor of them all was the 503E which was a 2.1Ltr turbo and used three different versions;
Qualifying and sprints - 1000hp (and has been quoted at 1300hp)
Racing - 800hp
Endurance - 600hp

My advise to you Meat_Rack is to build a 3k/4k push-rod. These do rev and make the power when the compression and right combination is entered into the equation. I saw an article of a 1300 pushrod K motor making about 190hp from memory and revving at very high revs (from memory it's about 1100rpm, but don't quote me on that). I'll see if i can dig it up.

Another alternative would be to locate a 150E which would be extremely difficult and then there's spare parts. These were released with dry sump and mechanical injection with quad throttle bodies. Being that they are rarer than rocking horse shit my first option would best suit your needs.

Other wise destroking the 4AG 20V would be worth considering. I've heard that using anything other than Toda cams (like regrinds) on the 20V heads just don't work and in-fact they loose power.
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: most powerful small toyota motor (De sroking a motor) Tue, 18 January 2005 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrshin wrote on Wed, 19 January 2005 00:19

If you've got a US-millitary type budget, you could probably pick any bottom end you wanted and then build a head from scratch for it. But that's just being silly now Very Happy

If you've got that sort of budget go and buy a moto GP engine from one of last years bikes. That would make a midget speedway car hammer.

AS to the engine simulation software there's a lot around take a look with google, some that I've seen are engine analyser and desktop dyno.
Starfire
Regular

December 2004
Re: most powerful small toyota motor (De sroking a motor) Wed, 19 January 2005 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Id love to see a destroked 20valve.

some nice toda cams and gears, metal head gasket, aftermarket computer, forged pistons...

sweet Very Happy
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: most powerful small toyota motor (De sroking a motor) Wed, 19 January 2005 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Starfire wrote on Wed, 19 January 2005 12:28

Id love to see a destroked 20valve.

Didn't someone do this (destroke a 4AG to 1000cc in a MR2 - AW11) for salt flat speed record racing ? In the US ?

Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: most powerful small toyota motor (De sroking a motor) Wed, 19 January 2005 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It was done in an SW20 destroked to 1500 then to 1000cc for the two different classes and also run as bot hturbo and NA. When it was turbo I think they were running somehwere around 50psi.
Meat_rack
Regular

December 2004
Re: (De sroking a motor) 2NZ-FE Wed, 19 January 2005 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im looking to spend crap all on the motor. But i may have about 6k to spend in the future on the de-stroking head work pistons ect.
Does anyone have an idea on how much a 2NZ-FE long block would cost? It doesnt have to be out of a running car as all the guts will be replaced.

Cheers.
Meat_rack
Regular

December 2004
Re: (De sroking a motor) 2NZ-FE Wed, 19 January 2005 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump-o-rama
ozaristov300
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: (De sroking a motor) 2NZ-FE Wed, 19 January 2005 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is a list of all Toyota performance engines which might help: http://www.autospeed.co.nz/cms/A_2106/P_2/article. html

Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: De sroking 2nz-fe infomation(old most powerful small toyota post) Wed, 19 January 2005 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Your budget doesn't sound anything like enough to me. I don't think you'd even do well with one of the common engines let alone doing something different and custom for $6K.
Meat_rack
Regular

December 2004
Re: De sroking 2nz-fe infomation(old most powerful small toyota post) Thu, 20 January 2005 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well with this budget i can buy a frz and get the geabox set to a 1:1 ratio get it cry sumped, injection and pay for someone to do all for me.
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: De sroking 2nz-fe infomation(old most powerful small toyota post) Thu, 20 January 2005 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Meat_rack wrote on Thu, 20 January 2005 21:08

well with this budget i can buy a frz and get the geabox set to a 1:1 ratio get it cry sumped, injection and pay for someone to do all for me.

Gee, tyhat sounds like what I've been saying all along Laughing

Except I like the R1 motor more Wink

At the end of the day, if there is a standard engine that does what you want, then that will probable be the better option.

A highly strung 3/4K will be a pita next to a stock bike motor. 180 HP with stock internals, running on pump fual, you could even buy one that still had a warranty... A bike motor should give you no troubles cause they won't be stressed.

It doesn't have to run at 1:1 does it? just leave the gearbox on it and stick it in 4TH. If 4th isn't 1:1 then fix uop the ratio with your diff ratio. I couldn't imagine a bike motor/gearbox being any heavier than a car engine alone. There should be no disadvantage.

Tim.
Meat_rack
Regular

December 2004
Re: De sroking 2nz-fe infomation(old most powerful small toyota post) Thu, 20 January 2005 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah Tim I know you liked the motorbike motor from the start, don't worry I have been listening to what you have to say(thats were i got the de stroking idea from) but I may go down the bike road now..

So cheers

But the g-box must be removed it only a hassle and sometimes they tend to jump out of gear. If I find a wrecked r1 motorbike i will take the motor out and even do some motor work till I reach my budget.

thanks for the replies everyone.
fester
Regular

December 2004
Re: De sroking 2nz-fe infomation(old most powerful small toyota post) Thu, 20 January 2005 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Meat Rack, if you still want to be different I recently saw an open wheeler at a hill climb running an old 750/6 Honda bike engine with a Toyota 6 cyl supercharger and twin SU's. Went like stink. You might not be able to use a 6 cylinder Honda and probably couldn't find one but a 4 would still go well and be light and have good torque (in perspective).

Gavin
Meat_rack
Regular

December 2004
Re: De sroking 2nz-fe infomation(old most powerful small toyota post) Thu, 20 January 2005 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do ya have any pics etc??
fester
Regular

December 2004
Re: De sroking 2nz-fe infomation(old most powerful small toyota post) Thu, 20 January 2005 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry camera was out of action outwise I would have had heaps. Everythinbg was set up in line though with supercharger close to head and manifold and carbs close in against supercharger. Looked to have aluminium cover plate made up for belt which also was used as mounting bracket. Probably ran drive off alternator end.

Gavin
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: De sroking 2nz-fe infomation(old most powerful small toyota post) Thu, 20 January 2005 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How much power do the fzr motors have stock?
Meat_rack
Regular

December 2004
Re: De sroking 2nz-fe infomation(old most powerful small toyota post) Thu, 20 January 2005 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
um i believe 160 is the stock hp
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: De sroking 2nz-fe infomation(old most powerful small toyota post) Fri, 21 January 2005 02:16 Go to previous message
That's the thing, you can buy the bike engine already making 160HP for not a lot of money. But developing a 3/4K to make the same power would cost a good deal of money and doing a custom destroked version of an engine that nobody modifies would be a hell of a lot more.

Bang for buck you really can't beat the bike engine.

[Updated on: Fri, 21 January 2005 02:16]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Heelllllp
Next Topic:s2k exhaust on ae86?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 18:11:03 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0091369152069092 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.