Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
recaro+ custom rails Wed, 19 January 2005 12:39 Go to next message
i managed to get a VERY nice GENUINE recaro reclinable bucket seat for my car Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy for...get this....
$50
the bottom of this seat is flat and has 3 holes either side for mounting the rails
after looking at my t-18 rails and various other corolla/supra rails, i think i should be able to mount the rail with the lever onto the seat alright as this mounts flat, although all the seats ive looked at the free sliding rail seems to mount onto the seat in its own special way and wont bolt to a flat seat

anybody been through this and know whats the best way to do it?
help would be very appreciated, this seat is PHAT and i want it, i want it now, give it to me, give it to me babey, uh huh, uh huh!

[Updated on: Wed, 19 January 2005 12:56]

Send a private message to this user    
Hunty
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: recaro+ custom rails Thu, 20 January 2005 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i did this on mine, i used the rails from the original seat, bit of drilling and unscrewing involved. then i had two metal plates made, as the rails were wider than where the recaro bolts are so i used the metal plates to widen the track if you get me

so the rails attached to the plates which attached to the recaro

i needed spacers between the plates and the rails as the lever side has a bracket ontop of the rail which makes the top of the rail not flat so it wont bolt on smothly, i used more metal plates to build it up where the bolts where to clear the bracket, just make sure you get it even on both sides.

i dunno how much of that makes sense lol hopefull you get what i mean.
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: recaro+ custom rails Thu, 20 January 2005 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I assume you mean sidemount seats? If so then just go to Revo Racegear or similar and get some sidemount rails.
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: recaro+ custom rails Sun, 23 January 2005 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im not sure what sidemount means, but i dont want to go out and pay somsone else for some rails, theyre pretty simple things and we're pretty handy at home, shouldnt be too hard modifying another rail to fit.
basically what i want to know is what car would have suitable rails to start from for a bigger seat like this, ill get a pic up[ of what the bottom looks like.
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: recaro+ custom rails Sun, 23 January 2005 02:50 Go to previous message
http://img176.exs.cx/img176/4011/seat17il.jpg
http://img176.exs.cx/img176/1140/seat26zf.jpg

[Updated on: Sun, 23 January 2005 02:51]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1GG blower on a 3.5 litre ??
Next Topic:1G GTE 1st Gear Boosting Problem!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 08:27:53 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0041298866271973 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.