Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Converting non digital to digial dash in MA71 - HOW ?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
SUPRA MAN
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Converting non digital to digial dash in MA71 - HOW ? Sun, 10 November 2002 04:16 Go to next message
MA71 Toyota Supra Turbo-A

To convert a non-digital dash to a digital, is it just simply a matter of swapping the dash ? Is there sensors or plugs that need to be changed ?

Has anyone done this before on an 88 Supra, and how hard is it ?
Which dash's will fit ? MA70 ? MA71 ? GA70 ? JZA70 ?

Any help would be appreciated.

SUPRA MAN
  Send a private message to this user    
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Converting non digital to digial dash in MA71 - HOW ? Sun, 10 November 2002 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wanna keep abrest of this one as I want to know how hard it'll be to hook up my new engine to my digi dash.

Anyone know if theres a seperate computer box or are all the stuff just plugged into the back of the dash individually?
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Converting non digital to digial dash in MA71 - HOW ? Sun, 10 November 2002 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can't believe you want to go to all this effort to put the crap dash in your car! My Mk2 Supra has the digital dash and it shits me to tears. Plain old analog gauges work better every time.
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Converting non digital to digial dash in MA71 - HOW ? Mon, 11 November 2002 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Some people love 'em. Some people don't.

I love 'em!
TurboCelica
Regular

August 2002
Re: Converting non digital to digial dash in MA71 - HOW ? Mon, 11 November 2002 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i am also interested as i would like to 1jzgte the old 7mgte soarer, like to know if my dash or tv/cpmputer/touch climate will still work with new engine etc

regards
P.S i have a Digital dash out of a GZ20 soarer
mc1j
Regular

November 2002
Re: Converting non digital to digial dash in MA71 - HOW ? Mon, 11 November 2002 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Me 3

WHOS THE MASTER OF WIRING
I SHALL BUY THEM A CROWN AND A CAPE

I also want to find out this info, i have sent an email asking grant at sixworks, i asked politely so he should have the answers.
I have a early soarer with tv and crap ,
THE TACHO IS ON THE TV.FUGGIN ell

From what i can see there is no special boxes, the digi dash must have any sensors it needs to change info inside it.

So many jocks with 1j's, so little knowledge available
Thats why they pay someone to do it . Pity im a student.

Re: Converting non digital to digial dash in MA71 - HOW ? Mon, 11 November 2002 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You got a lot of attitude for a newby Mr mc1j !!

if you havent found out what you want then you arent asking the right people the right way!

"Jocks" will tend to keep their knowlege to themselves.
Thats why our cars are faster than yours.

Matt

mc1j
Regular

November 2002
Re: Converting non digital to digial dash in MA71 - HOW ? Tue, 12 November 2002 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
But i wanna be a jock 2....

Re: Converting non digital to digial dash in MA71 - HOW ? Tue, 12 November 2002 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahhh, so you're a wannabe..

That explains everything.

Matt

celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Converting non digital to digial dash in MA71 - HOW ? Tue, 12 November 2002 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heheheeeeeee
you tell em matt .AHH so thats why ur cars so quick
Dylo
Regular

May 2002

Re: Converting non digital to digial dash in MA71 - HOW ? Tue, 12 November 2002 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK here's what i noticed just by playing with a GA70 standard dash, and a GA70 GT with full electro funky dash.

The speedo cable that runs out of the gear box runs into a special little blox that u have to dig out from under the dash somewhere, this little box converts the spinning of the cable into an electrical signal or pulses or something like that anyway.

So u will at LEAST need this little box to get the speedo working.

I havent compared other gauges, but imagine it would be one hell of a fun job converting!

Re: Converting non digital to digial dash in MA71 - HOW ? Wed, 13 November 2002 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My car is quick because I made friends with the "Jocks", asked the right questions the right way, and didnt offend anyone or assume to throw my weight around intentionally or otherwise untill i had been drunk with them at least once. It is surprising how much work has been done and tested already on the toyota 6's. All you gotta do is ask.

Which brings me to my point, Paul when are we gunna have that BBQ/Binge (I got some issues with that red POS in your garage), time has come that Uncle Matt or Uncle Andy give your boy his first beer !

Matt

mkiii
Regular

August 2002
Re: Converting non digital to digial dash in MA71 - HOW ? Wed, 13 November 2002 21:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have an 86' ma70 with a fully converted digital dash,
all the wires hook up together, only a few problems as follows:
1.digital boost gauge needs digital sender
2.digital fuel gauge needs digital sender
3.speedo was about 10 kms in accurate.
4.and tems dont work, because my car doesnt have it.
If any1 knows where i can get speedo adjusted would be greatly appreciated.
ps, my dash was out of an ma71 3.0 gt ltd.
pps This is to Yojimbo... your the one with the attitude problem.
Im not a "JOCK" or should i say joke, every body has to start somewhere, just because you dont know the answer to mcj1s question or probably any other question, dont go writing people off to make yourself seem or feel smarter.people who claim they are jocks are the actual wannabes.

Re: Converting non digital to digial dash in MA71 - HOW ? Thu, 14 November 2002 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey , I didn't call anyone a Jock, that was mc1j.
I was reffering to his calling us "Jocks".

apparently he is far from a begginer at this anyway as in other posts he has already claimed to own a GTR and at least 2 (potentially ) 1j powered vehicles.

Nor did I ever offer to answer his question.

Just suggested that if he had asked in a manner simmilar to his other posts , then the ones who can answer may not feel inclined to do so.

And I also resent that mc1j inferred that ij owners dont know thier cars and simply pay cash for any mods they have done, which is simply not true. In fact nearly all the 1js (besides soarers - i dont know this group that well) around here were either installed by the owners+ mates, or are normally serviced, modified and maintained by the owner.
For a minimum of cash.

You only need to look at the dyno records to see that noone around here has yet spent ( and got it to a dyno comp) any significant amount of money on a 1j !!

ahhh couldn't be f#@cked typing any more
anyway mkiii - read the posts - ALL OF THEM

Matt

mc1j
Regular

November 2002
Re: Converting non digital to digial dash in MA71 - HOW ? Thu, 14 November 2002 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok yojimbo the JOCK issue goes,

Yes i am sick of people saying " just take it to so @ so" and pay through the nose, Im a student that works 2 jobs, I do ALL of my own work (Fabrication @ mechanical) and simply can not afford to pay someone to do it for me,and any workshop I go to would only have to source the same INFO... I do not claim to know everything.

Re: Converting non digital to digial dash in MA71 - HOW ? Thu, 14 November 2002 13:52 Yojimbo Qoutes..

"And I also resent that mc1j inferred that ij owners dont know thier cars and simply pay cash for any mods they have done,"

Jim i have never owned a credit card or had a bank loan and i use my money very wisely. Unfortunately these conversions are not cheap,you could buy an old celica for the price of a conversion.. YES it is true that a lot of people with 1j's have a little extra fundage than the average joe,
OTHERWISE EVERYBODY WOULD BE DRIVING 1J EQUIPPED CARS!!!!
SOME people with more funding take it somewhere and let them worry about it. That would be great..
Some have no other choice.. But to do it themselves, there is probably more in this boat.
Mkiii , your comments about jims attitude are so true..
If i wanted to get something for my car i have to save and work out the best possible deal b4 i part with any cash, Some people just want the job done,and done quick and are happy to put it on thier c/card.. I dont work like that..

And at the moment I own a blue R32 GTR skyline that i just imported from japan it has f-con,n1 turbos, front pipes and exhaust.. Had it for a month so far...

Also a stock 95 soarer with 1jz,auto,sheepskin seat covers,kenwood stereo..

And finally an mz12 soarer wich i am fitting a 1j into for a bit of fun, just about ready to wire up..

If you would like to see pics of them i would be glad to show them if someone will host them for me..

I am very lucky to own these 3 cars, and its not because my daddys rich, more like im smart with my money....

As for your cars being faster, Jim if u would like to race , i would be more than happy, i think youll be VERY VERY Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarrased.

How old are you jim, get a life , Grow up.....
This does not answer the question that was being asked by supraman, Apologize to him for leading this into a Sh#t fight,
you posted back three times to have a go at me and that was ur intention for posting here... Post whore with too much time on ur hands..

And this is not the place to talk about your bbq's and social outings, I think you were fed a few too many beers when you were a kid (AKA barney gumball from the simpsons)..

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
I hope you enjoy this jim... Plenty to read to kill some time..

Re: Converting non digital to digial dash in MA71 - HOW ? Thu, 14 November 2002 21:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahhh Bite me!

celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Converting non digital to digial dash in MA71 - HOW ? Thu, 14 November 2002 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If your so smart with your money then why dont you sell one of your three cars an spend the money to build one of them properly

Hell i'll take the race and i'll put jimbos car up against anything youve got as well standing 1/8 mile ...true street race

your the one that said
"So many jocks with 1j's, so little knowledge available
Thats why they pay someone to do it . Pity im a student. "

with that comment alone youve just successfully annoyed every 1j jock that has ANY idea at all ...well done no wonder you cant find any information

i happen to know MOST of the guys that have developed 1j's and have a LITTLE play myself . Not one of them is CASHED up in fact
they practically hang from mod to mod

Matt knows as much about engines as any one of us and has more knowledge in with big toe than obviously you have all together

he can even order a bolt from a bolt shop without having to ask everyone how to do it

he has built or helped build 3 or four serious hi-po engines
including a 300 RWHP SR20

And has played a role in the development of my 1j with a 700 H.p gt40 single turbo (probably wont be finished for about a year cause i cant afford to pay someone to do it!!)

Btw the BBQ he was reffering to had 7 1j owners with 3 sub 13 second cars one 700-800 H.p supra and a 600 ++ h.p Cressida
two 3sgte's a 3tgte that would annoy ANY 1j .

AND three Guys that could wire your dash in thier sleep

the next one is this sunday i'll make sure i sent you an invite .........NOT

Matt 12pm this sunday my place whe are having a tech discussion on how to order a bolt Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

who's silly now ...if i where you id change my user name and start again

mc1j
Regular

November 2002
Re: Converting non digital to digial dash in MA71 - HOW ? Fri, 15 November 2002 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"i happen to know MOST of the guys that have developed 1j's"

Well arent you the king of the world, There are plenty of other people out there working with 1j's, than your little ass buddy club...

"If your so smart with your money then why dont you sell one of your three cars an spend the money to build one of them properly"

I buy the cars from Auction in japan, with help from a private importer, The GTR will be for sale in the next month with the soarer having to go before christmas.
GTR : $36 000
Soarer : $15 000
Last year i imported and sold 16 cars in total, toyota soarer t78 equipped,td06 sr20 180sx,r33 rb26 gts25t rwd.. Also bringing in plenty of parts..

Yeh there is more cars in the world than u think.. And thier quicker than yours..

I dont claim to know everything, Between u guys i dont reckon you could drive a greasy pole up a cats arse....

As for the bolt, I can get it from toyota i know that waldo, wait 6 weeks for delivery, Thought a jock might have some spares laying about that they could sell..
Nah that would be fuckin stupid..

And the fact that some people have a 1j in thier car makes them MORE cashed up than someone that has been driving around a car for 6 months with a blown head gasket, Otherwise they would have 1j's as well.... There is a difference in playing with carby 18 rc and 1jz's the difference being $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

You guys are the best, every body bow down to you, you deserve respect.....Not, ur a buch of pansies who deserve nothing more than sodmisation from each other......

Re: Converting non digital to digial dash in MA71 - HOW ? Fri, 15 November 2002 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
16 imports last year !!!
Very little expendible income obviously.

Yes I feel real sorry for you. Living the life of a typical student. Doing it tough working 2 jobs....

Not knowing whether to drive the GTR or the boosted soarer...
If you really are a student,
Daddy probably has a choice of lear jets as well.

Matt

mc1j
Regular

November 2002
Re: Converting non digital to digial dash in MA71 - HOW ? Fri, 15 November 2002 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MMM dick i wish,

I worked fu#ken hard to be in the position that i am in today it started out with a $5000 s4 rx7 3 years ago,
And my aim is to own my own home outright by 26, i have this money tied up in cars at the moment, If i did everything i wanted (with cars) there is no way i will ever own my own home, and i would have a nsx in the driveway,for keeps,

As for the student comment, Lets see what job i have in 10 yrs,then u can burn me all u like...

As for my father, he had cancer and passed last year ,I dont need fuckwits like you to put him down,So before you start giving someone shit, get a clue..

Burn in hell asslord,invite me to this bbq, cause i want to come and punch you in the fucken head.

If i spent that money i earnt on crap and beer, i would never own any of these things..

Do you own your house outright... or you payin it back to the bank, or do you give your money to (someone that is smarter than you) for rent.....

Yeh read the soarer is stock, so ill take the gtr..
Are you shitty that you dont have this amount of motorvation and could never do it yourself... Fuckwit....wake up...
have another BEER and a BONG....That should set your project back another month...
IF THERES A WILL, AND ITS STRONG ENOUGH, THERES A WAY..

SUPRA MAN
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Converting non digital to digial dash in MA71 - HOW ? Fri, 15 November 2002 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MC1J AND YOYIMOBO

STOP THE SHIT, IM SICK OF YOU TWO ABUSING EACH OTHER.

This forum is for people to learn, and become involved in the intrest of modifying Toyota cars.

I'm not taking sides, or beng a dick head, but please, grow up and realise that this is not a place to fight or have a go at each other.

I started this thread to find out about changing the dash in my Toyota Supra 3000GT Turbo-A.

For MC1J, this isnt even a 1JZ, if you had read the first message, you would have seen it is a "3000GT" which usually means 3L, not 2.5L

Please, stop the shit, and lets get back to enjoying Modified Toyotas !!!!

..........................SUPRA MAN.............................
celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Converting non digital to digial dash in MA71 - HOW ? Sat, 16 November 2002 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
i love it you must have been shaking when typed that .......oooh so cranky ....WHAT A TOSSER

one minute you cant pay for milk this week .The next you import 16 cars a year
AND your going to own your home by 26

so which are you poor battling student or importer/investor

if you sold two of your cars you could build a 10 sec street registered car

i hope youre doing a good degree .YOJIMBO already has his and the job to match

email me you SHOULD come to the BBQ

yojimbo could invite his two KENDO classes that he instructs for a demo on how to teach a big mouth a lesson ....(hint look at the pic in his posts)

YOU started this CRAP .now your cut ....run away now your mummys calling

Do you think SIXWORKS is going to help you now after all he is a JOCK and the next BBQ is at his place Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

i do know that my car is not even in the top ten cars of people that post on here .

Even the Celica when finally finished will be pushing for 3rd place .

these forums arn't about who's got what .its about how to do what and we(the bbq people) dont mind helping anyone that simply asks without shooting their mouth off

Believe me there are plently of other people that get on these forums that know as much or more as some of the people (at our BBQ).

But of course the best way to get along with them all is to tell them all they have so little knowledge

SUPRA MAN
sorry to bomb your post but his guy really is a knob

i'll ask Grant(sixworks) to post any info he has
also i would suggest asking this on the supra forums .so many guys on there with 7m's they are bound to have done this job before

EzeKieL
Regular

May 2002

Re: Converting non digital to digial dash in MA71 - HOW ? Mon, 18 November 2002 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
celicamad wrote on Sat, 16 November 2002 11:34

also i would suggest asking this on the supra forums .so many guys on there with 7m's they are bound to have done this job before

Unfortunately all the yanks drive the locally delivered LHD cars and none of these were ever made with a digital dash... but it is funny to see their reaction when the see all those funky green numbers Very Happy

Good luck with the conversion Supra Man, you'll have your work cut out making it work 100% Smile
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Converting non digital to digial dash in MA71 - HOW ? Sun, 20 November 2005 07:26 Go to previous message
Sorry to resurect this thread, did any of you arguing biggots get any solid info for wiring up a digi dash? This is the tech and conversion section right?

Specifically wiring a 1jz to work with an ma70 digi dash.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:mk3 1jz conversion
Next Topic:who can make clear tailights?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 11:06:03 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0073549747467041 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.