Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TheNav
Regular

April 2004
TA22 & 3T-GTE Mod plate question Thu, 20 January 2005 00:33 Go to next message
Hi

I have just got my 3T-GTE in my TA22 and i wanted to get the Modification plate for it (I live in QLD) but the guy said that everything was ok except for that i need a catalatic converter and the thing that goes inside you fuel hole so that only an Unleaded pump will fit into it. He said this because the engine now runs on unleaded fuel. I was just wondering if someone could confirm that i need these. I was under the assumption that because the car is a 1973 year car and they didn't have these then, that i wouldn't need these now. Also, i've heard that the car can still run on leaded fuel (not that i would) so could i use this as my reasoning that i wouldn't need a cat and the fuel thing?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
alex_ta22
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: TA22 & 3T-GTE Mod plate question Thu, 20 January 2005 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i think you can get away with it, but if u are gonna run a car on unleaded you should get a cat
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: TA22 & 3T-GTE Mod plate question Thu, 20 January 2005 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if the engine was fitted with a CAT when installed in the original car then it's rquired in the recipient car.

same applies for the u/l fuel restrictor in the tank inlet.
TheNav
Regular

April 2004
Re: TA22 & 3T-GTE Mod plate question Fri, 21 January 2005 00:48 Go to previous message
Thanks heaps, another question then, i'm pretty sure that the engine was out of an TT142 Corona, 1984 JDM only car, does anyone know if this car came with a CAT and the u/l fuel restrictor?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:3S-GE Cams
Next Topic:Front Brakes not Locking up
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 12 01:08:11 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0046360492706299 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.