Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Wiring diagram needed.. Corona 22RE

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Gromulus
Newcomer

January 2005
Wiring diagram needed.. Corona 22RE Sat, 15 January 2005 04:14 Go to next message
Hi guys, noob first post. Here goes.

I've got a 83 hilux 4x4 and have chucked in a 22RE from a 1987 Corona Avante. So my problem lies in the wiring of this thing. I have the engine harness hooked up already, but the 14-pin plug was cut about 10cm from the plug. I have a guy helping me out who knows what he's doing, just not that familiar with toyotas. So I'm trying to find a wiring diagram for this thing and it would seem as though they just don't exist.. Been doing heaps of searching and googling but all i've found is the diagram for 84/85 22RE's.

So i'm wondering if anyone knows where i might find one? Haynes, Gregorys, etc don't have manuals for this. Library returned nothing as well. I'm really hoping someone here has one they could email..? Maybe a link to something? Am i asking too much for my first post here? I'm starting to think i shoulda put something better engine in there. One big mindf**k from the start. ah well. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated guys.

Grom.

[Updated on: Sat, 15 January 2005 11:02]

Send a private message to this user    
Gromulus
Newcomer

January 2005
Re: Wiring diagram needed.. Corona 22RE Mon, 17 January 2005 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Wiring diagram needed.. Corona 22RE Mon, 17 January 2005 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm not sure where you live in WA, but try Joondalup library.

Last time I was there, they had about 100+ car manuals.
Its worth a shot.

Otherwise try this
http://www.sixworks.com.au/Celica_1982_diagram.pdf
It's either the 21R-C RA60 Celica, or the 22R-E RA65 Celica.
Gromulus
Newcomer

January 2005
Re: Wiring diagram needed.. Corona 22RE Mon, 17 January 2005 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheers for that. Not sure if it's the right one yet cos me printers up shit and it too hard to read on the computer.

I'm in Bunbury by the way but it might be an idea to check out a bigger library if i'm in perth maybe this weekend. Already taken ages.. what's another week or two? Razz Thought i'd already done all the hard part.. mmmm nup. Hopefully it'll get the rig goin a bit better than the ol' 18R trying to push bigger tyres etc.

Thanks,
Grom.
Gromulus
Newcomer

January 2005
Re: Wiring diagram needed.. Corona 22RE Mon, 17 January 2005 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually just found a pinout diagram of a US hilux 1985-88 w/22RE, and it has the same plug configuration. Anyone know if the ECU's are the same? On the Corona 14-pin plug there is a wire connecting to the bottom row furthest left terminal which is blank on the US diagram. Anyone know where this goes?
Gromulus
Newcomer

January 2005
Re: Wiring diagram needed.. Corona 22RE Thu, 20 January 2005 02:57 Go to previous message
bump

?? Confused
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:need help with painting
Next Topic:Engine modifications vs Roadworthy
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 06:35:35 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054850578308105 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.