Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Members Rides » My AE82 CS-X...More Pics!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
My AE82 CS-X...More Pics! Sun, 02 January 2005 07:14 Go to next message
Got this car this morning after searching for a while. I got it for $3000 stock as a rock...for now

Year/Make/Model
1986 AE82 CS-X
Metallic Brown Very Happy

Engine Hardware
A massive 1.6L 4A-C Wink
Under 100000km

Rolling Stock
Stock 14" alloys

Future Plans
Finish Stereo....DONE!
20V conversion, then later add a turbo (after turning 25)
16-17" alloys
Lower 1-2"
10% window tints

Stereo Components
Pioneer DEH-5650
Pioneer 220W 3-way 6x9's
Will soon have 2x10" clarion competition subs, Boss amp for 6x9's, Rockford Fosgate amp for subs Very Happy

A few pics after giving it a wash, finally found out it's a Metallic Brown:
http://img10.exs.cx/img10/351/dscn16306it.jpg
http://img10.exs.cx/img10/4605/dscn16319iy.jpg
http://img10.exs.cx/img10/9510/dscn16323qt.jpg
http://img196.exs.cx/img196/7372/dscn16363sb.jpg
http://img196.exs.cx/img196/6100/dscn16378zl.jpg

Post some more pics later...

[Updated on: Thu, 27 January 2005 06:40]

Send a private message to this user    
Teddy_Csx
Regular

On Probation

January 2004
Re: My AE82 CS-X Sun, 02 January 2005 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its very clean - good luck with it all Smile

nice car !
Simon
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: My AE82 CS-X Sun, 02 January 2005 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very nice dude, good to see you found a car. Smile
urban_myth
Regular

December 2004
Re: My AE82 CS-X Sun, 02 January 2005 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sweet as, looks as good as mine (check it out here) never had a problem with it. The first thing i had to do with it was get rid of that ugly, stock steering wheel. (as if the poo brown interior wasnt enough of an eyesore!!!)
urban_myth
Regular

December 2004
Re: My AE82 CS-X Sun, 02 January 2005 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
p.s. is that exhaust big enough Razz!!!!!!!!!!!
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: My AE82 CS-X Mon, 03 January 2005 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
urban_myth wrote on Mon, 03 January 2005 01:18

The first thing i had to do with it was get rid of that ugly, stock steering wheel. (as if the poo brown interior wasnt enough of an eyesore!!!)

thanx guys Very Happy it took ages to find in that good condition Surprised

Ive got a TRD steering wheel, just need to get a kit to fit it. I've also possible found a 20V engine for it, so now i just need some funds Razz
DOHC_4AGE
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: My AE82 CS-X Mon, 03 January 2005 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$3000

Thats a rip, how many km's. Must have under 150, 000.

I got my Ae82 1987 Twinky hatch, for 1700. From this girl in camden. 4AGE 86kw. 1700. Nothing wrong with it at all. Just needed new slave cylinder 4 clutch, new 1 is in and it works fine.

I cant belive u paed 3000 bucks 4 cs-x. I would have found an Ae92 for that price.
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: My AE82 CS-X Mon, 03 January 2005 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually its got under 100000km, brand new brakes, and tyres Evil or Very Mad

no problems what so ever, just needs a better engine Razz

[Updated on: Mon, 03 January 2005 11:30]

DOHC_4AGE
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: My AE82 CS-X Mon, 03 January 2005 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahah under 100,000

sorry man its a windbak, no way a car could be that old, under 100,000.

take ur dash and see 4 urself.
Rabsy86
Regular

October 2004
Re: My AE82 CS-X Mon, 03 January 2005 21:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats a very clean Corolla man... Never seen one that clean.. I cant belive the kms on that thing... Thats a good buy man Wink

[Updated on: Mon, 03 January 2005 21:39]

dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: My AE82 CS-X Mon, 03 January 2005 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DOHC_4AGE wrote on Mon, 03 January 2005 22:43

hahah under 100,000

personally i dont care what you think, my mechanic checked it out and it's all perfect, except the trolley dent in the back...I've got log books to show all the services and receipts for all the work done, such as tyres and all that shit Very Happy
Teddy_Csx
Regular

On Probation

January 2004
Re: My AE82 CS-X Tue, 04 January 2005 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, i would pay $3000 for a CLEAN Csx like that.

Great car Smile
DOHC_4AGE
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: My AE82 CS-X Thu, 20 January 2005 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Umm, if u belive recipets and logs books, mate....

Seriously if u think it was a good deal, then u can think that. my motor has done 130,000 km's. But my dial says 317,000. Its the second motor in my car, other 1 had blown head, and water in engine. so we replaced motor with another 4AGE imported. with low km's, doesnt even spit any smoke, even at high rpm. I got my car for 1500. And that was with the engine swap already done. U can tell how much km's a car has done, But just be aware, Bog is a easily shifty way out of rust, when u sell ur car.

Why would u bother putting a new engine in a CSX, they are ugly. and the colour is ugly. and the interior is ugly, for a cheaper price, u could have bought a cheaper corolla ae82 twin cam 4age.

i 100 percent guarentee you.

Twin cam is the only corolla, the rest deserve to be burned.
eviltwin
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: My AE82 CS-X Fri, 21 January 2005 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey dimmy looks great dude...

your dash is black ( the top left part ) ?

if it is ill be stoked because im hunting for black bits to make my twincam all black inside.

cheers
WiLo
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: My AE82 CS-X Mon, 24 January 2005 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DOHC_4AGE wrote on Mon, 03 January 2005 22:15

$3000

I got my Ae82 1987 Twinky hatch, for 1700. From this girl in camden. 4AGE 86kw. 1700. Nothing wrong with it at all. Just needed new slave cylinder 4 clutch, new 1 is in and it works fine.

I cant belive u paed 3000 bucks 4 cs-x. I would have found an Ae92 for that price.

i actually think it is a good deal aswell.

what colour is this corolla you bought for $1500 if it is silver im going to laugh in your face.

twin cams have all been thrashed.

a csx with low kms is more then likely driven by an old lady to get to church and back on a sunday

especially seeing as it is the original plates which are normally faded/worn which seem in perfect condition. i bought mine for $3000 a year ago had the worn plates went to rta and they said they havent seen a set of the worn plates for a couple of years as they have all been replaced

if you dont have anything useful to say stay the hell out of this guys thread.

nice car dimmy77_03 only thing i dont like is the brown interior but its your car not mine
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: My AE82 CS-X Tue, 25 January 2005 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WiLo wrote on Mon, 24 January 2005 22:28

if you dont have anything useful to say stay the hell out of this guys thread.

nice car dimmy77_03 only thing i dont like is the brown interior but its your car not mine

Thanx wilo Very Happy she'll be getting a re-trim hopefully within 1-2years. Going to sacrifice looks for performance at the moment. So i'll hopefully have a perfect condition 4ac for sale if anyone wants it Razz

Doing a 20V conversion, followed by respray (white so far the 1st option), then white rims, and then the retrim in beige vinyl/leather Cool
WiLo
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: My AE82 CS-X Tue, 25 January 2005 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dimmy77_03 wrote on Tue, 25 January 2005 19:53

Thanx wilo Very Happy she'll be getting a re-trim hopefully within 1-2years. Going to sacrifice looks for performance at the moment. So i'll hopefully have a perfect condition 4ac for sale if anyone wants it Razz

Doing a 20V conversion, followed by respray (white so far the 1st option), then white rims, and then the retrim in beige vinyl/leather Cool

hmm. is that including all of the manual gbox lines etc?

there is another thing i just realised i dont like. the front parkers. but everything i dont like is just little things that i prefer but it aint my car.

muzzi
Regular

December 2004
Re: My AE82 CS-X...More Pics! Tue, 25 January 2005 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice car!

I want one of these eventually to work on. Damn I wish I had money Smile
Sam4A-GE_Seca
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: My AE82 CS-X Wed, 26 January 2005 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Congrats Dimmy on the find $3k for a CSX is a damn good buy

$3000

DOHC_4AGE you are an absolute tool. just coz its a 4AC doesnt mean its bad. Dimmy has chosen quality over quantity and i applaud him for it. Plus if hes going to put a 20V in it what diff does it make?
urban_myth
Regular

December 2004
Re: My AE82 CS-X Wed, 26 January 2005 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you should try my $5 performance mod, guaranteed 20 kw extra at the wheels Very Happy
http://members.optusnet.com.au/jason_napper/my%20car.jpg
urban_myth
Regular

December 2004
Re: My AE82 CS-X Wed, 26 January 2005 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as well as getting a free anti-perspirant stick Wink
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: My AE82 CS-X...More Pics! Thu, 27 January 2005 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that interior looks nice, and the steering wheel Very Happy There'll be no stickers on the car what so ever (dont like the rice factor) other than a Sydney Rolla Club sticker when i tint the windows Cool

I found an awesome TRD steering wheel on a wrecked ae86 in my street a while ago, so i just need a boss kit and hopefully that'll give me another 10-20kw Razz
muzzi
Regular

December 2004
Re: My AE82 CS-X Thu, 27 January 2005 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Holy Shit! urban_myth that is a clean interior! I like it Smile

DAMN I can't wait to get an ae82 and build it up :\ Wish I had some money.
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: My AE82 CS-X Thu, 27 January 2005 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DOHC_4AGE wrote on Thu, 20 January 2005 23:14

Umm, if u belive recipets and logs books, mate....

Seriously if u think it was a good deal, then u can think that. my motor has done 130,000 km's. But my dial says 317,000. Its the second motor in my car, other 1 had blown head, and water in engine. so we replaced motor with another 4AGE imported. with low km's, doesnt even spit any smoke, even at high rpm. I got my car for 1500. And that was with the engine swap already done. U can tell how much km's a car has done, But just be aware, Bog is a easily shifty way out of rust, when u sell ur car.

Why would u bother putting a new engine in a CSX, they are ugly. and the colour is ugly. and the interior is ugly, for a cheaper price, u could have bought a cheaper corolla ae82 twin cam 4age.

i 100 percent guarentee you.

Twin cam is the only corolla, the rest deserve to be burned.

DOHC_4AGE - Your lack of respect for other members of these forums is appalling. Consider yourself officially warned. Please understand that if you continue posting in this manner you may find that you are not welcome here.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: My AE82 CS-X...More Pics! Thu, 27 January 2005 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice neat car mate and some nice plans you have got for it too. Good on you for finding something neat and in good nic to start with, makes for a good base for future mods.

Quote:

hahah under 100,000

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

There are plenty of old and very old cars getting around the place with f$%k all km's on them (there are lots of wind back jobs too). You can pick a wind backs quite easily though and you just walk away.

I picked up a car just like Dimmy's last year for my girlfriend and it only had 74,000km on it, one owner car (happened to be an old couples). It was their second vehicle and was rarely used (perfect condition, and my defintion of perfect is of a higher standard than most). At the time I was looking for a twin cam AE82 but people were asking too much for 200 000km or more vehicles in below average condition. Given the GF is only going to cruise around (if she wants to drive something quicker she can drive my car Evil or Very Mad ) the twin cam wasn't worth the extra cost.

I also know of a Crown Royal Saloon sitting in a garage that has not been driven in nearly a year and only has about 60 000km on it (early 80's car). This a genuine little old ladies car, and no wind back job either (it's my GF's grandmothers car). There are plenty of these "good buys" getting around, you just have to be looking to buy when they come on the market, like Dimmy was.

Don't worry about certain comments on here, sounds like jealousy.

If people don't like something don't say anything, people choose the car they have to make themselves happy and not to impress some pasty internet geeks who have no idea. Life would get pretty boring if we all liked the same shit.........
De@Noo
Regular

June 2004
Re: My AE82 CS-X...More Pics! Thu, 27 January 2005 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimmy sweet ride mate! she will look great white white rims and white paint. Cant wait to see her in the end! it will keep u busy for a while!

Dean..
urban_myth
Regular

December 2004
Re: My AE82 CS-X...More Pics! Thu, 27 January 2005 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
check out the rest of my ride here

http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index.php?act= section&sectionID=6&entryID=5892

pretty mint for 216000 kms (no typo) dont u think?
WiLo
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: My AE82 CS-X Thu, 27 January 2005 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lucid wrote on Thu, 27 January 2005 12:47

DOHC_4AGE - Your lack of respect for other members of these forums is appalling. Consider yourself officially warned. Please understand that if you continue posting in this manner you may find that you are not welcome here.

has this happened? just wondering as he posted in another thread saying someones car was a pos and hasnt come and given pics or anything else about his car.

just realised that dimmy and urban have the brown interior but different variants. was there different colouring depending on model?
urban_myth
Regular

December 2004
Re: My AE82 CS-X...More Pics! Thu, 27 January 2005 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you look closely, his cs-x has a darker shade of brown on the top half of dashboard than mine, as well as having the velour seats. We've got the same colour carpet tho, but his is an earlier model than mine (check the shape of the front blinker assembly on his compared to mine)
urban_myth
Regular

December 2004
Re: My AE82 CS-X...More Pics! Thu, 27 January 2005 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine is only the cs as well, not the cs-x
WiLo
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: My AE82 CS-X...More Pics! Thu, 27 January 2005 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
forgot what model you had. didnt look at the pics.
wasnt sure if they chnacged it between the cs and the csx.
i actually prefer your interior urban myth. not too much of a difference betweent eh browns:P
at least you got the clock in the instrument cluster. would suck just having the corolla logo there
urban_myth
Regular

December 2004
Re: My AE82 CS-X...More Pics! Thu, 27 January 2005 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, the clock is starting to piss me off at the moment, cos i go to look where the tacho should be to see what the engine is doing but all i see is the time Mad. I'll just go to the wreckers yard and scab one soon probably.

[Updated on: Thu, 27 January 2005 03:21]

dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: My AE82 CS-X...More Pics! Thu, 27 January 2005 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine's an early 1986 model so it's got the different headlights and a few other cosmetic differences. Also found out it has metallic brown paint...i knew i wasn't poo brown Very Happy

This is a few variations between the models: http://sydrollaclub.manuel-design.net/techdocs/AE8 2Specs02.jpg
DOHC_4AGE
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: My AE82 CS-X Fri, 28 January 2005 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

$3000

"what colour is this corolla you bought for $1500 if it is silver im going to laugh in your face"

"twin cams have all been thrashed".

"a csx with low kms is more then likely driven by an old lady to get to church and back on a sunday"

The colour of my corolla is white.

Twin cams havnt all been thrased, keep in mind this is the 2nd motor in my car. from the Aw11 MR2 doesn even spit smoke. It hasnt been thrashed. No oil leaks.

" i bought it off a girl. had all pefume and stuff all in it, when i got it. It was selling for 2500. I haggled him down a grand.

ill try get piks asap 4 all u guys,
WiLo
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: My AE82 CS-X Fri, 28 January 2005 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=DOHC_4AGE wrote on Fri, 28 January 2005 15:17]

The colour of my corolla is white.

Twin cams havnt all been thrased, keep in mind this is the 2nd motor in my car. from the Aw11 MR2 doesn even spit smoke. It hasnt been thrashed. No oil leaks.

" i bought it off a girl. had all pefume and stuff all in it, when i got it. It was selling for 2500. I haggled him down a grand.

ill try get piks asap 4 all u guys,

ever wondered why there is a new motor in your car? i have an ae82 aswell with a 4ac when i got it only done 150000ks serviced every 5000ks for the last 5years. i am the third owner since new and it still has the original motor.

also are you not suspicious of why the girl hard perfume all through the car? none of the girls i know have perfume all through the car. is suspect she was trying to hide something.

sorry about hi jacking your thread dimmy
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: My AE82 CS-X Fri, 28 January 2005 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WiLo wrote on Fri, 28 January 2005 21:44

sorry about hi jacking your thread dimmy

that's cool dude, i wanna see this guy's unthrashed twinky with a 2nd motor already Rolling Eyes

4a-c's are unbreakable, although they have no guts Sad
DOHC_4AGE
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: My AE82 CS-X...More Pics! Sat, 29 January 2005 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mate, she had her mobile ph still in the car. I had to return everthing b4 i took it, she was a preety girl 2.

it wasnt actualy her car it was her dads. Ive had the car on lifts. Its never been in any accident. it has a little bit of bog
"which i put" in the upper righ back hand corner near hatch" cuz it was rusty.

Its probz the best ae82 twin cam ive eva seen .

and no the engine chassis number says 4age, its an orignal twin cam, not a cheapo csx into twin cam.

Its done 130,000 km this motor, i have receipts. my car also has new muffler and exsaust system. and gaskets.

i got the car from camden mate. its a country town. its had 1 owner. that was this man. so yea. he got it new in 87.

my car sounds so good, a s2000 was intimidated by my car today, and thrashed his car. I didnt do anything cuz im on l's so yea.
WiLo
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: My AE82 CS-X...More Pics! Sun, 30 January 2005 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DOHC_4AGE wrote on Sat, 29 January 2005 23:35

mate, she had her mobile ph still in the car. I had to return everthing b4 i took it, she was a preety girl 2.

it wasnt actualy her car it was her dads. Ive had the car on lifts. Its never been in any accident. it has a little bit of bog
"which i put" in the upper righ back hand corner near hatch" cuz it was rusty.

Its probz the best ae82 twin cam ive eva seen .

and no the engine chassis number says 4age, its an orignal twin cam, not a cheapo csx into twin cam.

Its done 130,000 km this motor, i have receipts. my car also has new muffler and exsaust system. and gaskets.

i got the car from camden mate. its a country town. its had 1 owner. that was this man. so yea. he got it new in 87.

my car sounds so good, a s2000 was intimidated by my car today, and thrashed his car. I didnt do anything cuz im on l's so yea.

what ever your rekon. but why did the engine need replacing in the frist place? obviously wasnt looked after very well.
if its the cleanest ae82 you have seen and it had rust you obviously havent seen to many ae82s.

and as for camden being a small country town i think things have changed in that area. about 10 years ago it would be considered a small country town but now i would just call it a town.

still waiting for pics of your immaculate best ae82
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: My AE82 CS-X...More Pics! Sun, 30 January 2005 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK guys, the topic here is Dimmy's car - let's just leave it at that eh? Any other cars can be discussed in their relevant threads. Don't make me clean this one up or I will get angry Razz
WiLo
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: My AE82 CS-X...More Pics! Sun, 30 January 2005 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not meaning to sound like a smart arse but i would put it in another thread if the guy had one.
i wont say anything else about it in this thread
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: My AE82 CS-X...More Pics! Wed, 09 February 2005 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have so far decided on getting 17" Holotype R rims, so i just need the money. The tints will be 10% all round and 30% or so on the windscreen Very Happy

Here's a Great Photochop

http://img232.exs.cx/img232/8596/nv0833rimstints1on.jpg
Teddy_Csx
Regular

On Probation

January 2004
Re: My AE82 CS-X...More Pics! Wed, 09 February 2005 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wow

for a quick photochop that really loooks nice !!! - in real life that would be awesome Very Happy !
urban_myth
Regular

December 2004
Re: My AE82 CS-X...More Pics! Wed, 09 February 2005 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that is gonna look awesome - wheels, suspension and tints are next on the cards for my rolla, i just gotta get the cash to get me outta the mess that happened last saturday nite. Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad
http://members.optusnet.com.au/jasons_pics/car%20acco.jpg

its in the smash repairs atm and it should be finished by next week, but the accident was my fault so parents are loaning the money to fix the car and pay excess which comes to around $3500.

[Updated on: Sat, 12 February 2005 07:08]

WiLo
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: My AE82 CS-X...More Pics! Thu, 10 February 2005 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
urban_myth wrote on Wed, 09 February 2005 23:47

its in the smash repairs atm and it should be finished by next week, but the accident was my fault so parents are loaning the money to fix the car and pay excess which comes to around $3500.

wouldnt it have been cheaper to just find another rolla?
urban_myth
Regular

December 2004
Re: My AE82 CS-X...More Pics! Thu, 10 February 2005 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its only costing $1200 to fix, and i doubt i'd get enough money back from selling it to buy something thats in just as good condition. The excess is $1800 and i also get a fine for running a red light Embarassed which is $233. So basically, i got a $3300 debt to my parents. I suggested getting another car, but they want me to keep my rolla cos its too much hassle for rego transfer and getting extra insurance and whatever, and i dont wanna hassle around with trying to sell a wrecked car.
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: My AE82 CS-X...More Pics! Thu, 31 March 2005 11:51 Go to previous message
Update 31/03/05:

Got a black widow central locking kit from strathfield car radios for $35 (rrp $48). Installed it today with a mate, so much easier with the doors now...im lazy Razz

I'll post up a few pics of the install job when the camera gets fixed next friday, but all in all i freaking happy with it, took some fiddling around but it's well worth it Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Steves RA40
Next Topic:my golf (sorry not a toyota)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 16:27:03 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0096597671508789 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.