Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » what companies offer warranty for used cars ?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon5.gif  what companies offer warranty for used cars ? Thu, 20 January 2005 13:20 Go to next message
do u guys know of any ?
  Send a private message to this user    
mikey93
Regular

December 2004
Re: what companies offer warranty for used cars ? Thu, 20 January 2005 19:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
www.cargear.com.au

[Updated on: Thu, 20 January 2005 19:04]

MS-75
Regular

June 2002
Re: what companies offer warranty for used cars ? Thu, 20 January 2005 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think that dealerships are required to provide a warranty on all cars over a certain value-although I cant tell you what value that is. Consumer affairs will have the details I'll bet.

Sean
Cplus
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: what companies offer warranty for used cars ? Tue, 25 January 2005 17:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anything over $5K from a dealer is 3 months mechanical minimum.

plenty of them do decent warranties, ie: stillwell's & eblens (infact most big name dealers) in adelaide offer three years on most cars.

you pay for it though....

cheers

[Updated on: Tue, 25 January 2005 18:02]

toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: what companies offer warranty for used cars ? Wed, 26 January 2005 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
at least in NSW a dealer is required to provide warranty for any vehicle less then 10 years old (from build date) AND has less then 160,000km on the clock.

i dont know of any value limitations of warranty.

also keep in mind half the warranties that you get arnt worth the paper they are written on. so many loop holes and exclusions its not funny. ie : they will only pay up to the first $1000 of major failure but you have to pay a $400 excess. so before you shell out your cash make sure you check exactly whats covered and if its even worth having/
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: what companies offer warranty for used cars ? Wed, 26 January 2005 23:17 Go to previous message
in my yard i can do a warranty for any car for 1 year for 300
you can claim 1000 on the engine 1000 on the gearbox 1000 on the diffs and 500 on thee cooling system in 1 year up 2 10000kms as long as you get it serviced by a licence mechanic and get the book stamped
it dosent cover if you drive the car when it is boiling over or for any motorsport use but if you have a obliging mechanic anything is possible if you know what i mean Rolling Eyes
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Remade Favourite Older Toyota's
Next Topic:chaser jz100
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:25:46 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010952949523926 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.