Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
680OST
Regular

August 2004
KE70 Panel vans Thu, 20 January 2005 13:04 Go to next message
Well, I am hoping by posting here more people will read this and hopefully be able to help, I realsie there is a wanted section, but i think my search has gone far beyond that now. I own a 1982 KE70 panel van with a 1g in it, the car is quite immaculate, and I have a newly chromed front bar for it. For those who do not know, the panel van is as rare as rocking horse doo doo, and has chrome steel bumpers, not plastic like all other shapes.

Now with my old engine, I had a front mount intercooler, and had to cut the brackets that support the bar to fit over the pipes. Over time, these have cracked, and failed, and in my new build I have lost half of them anyway. The car is now fitted with a water to air cooler, and as such I would like to reattach the bar with factory mounts, please don't suggest manufacturing some, as I want them to look factory, and do NOT wish to make them out of flat steel.

Now, the problem is, I have rang a total of 65 wreckers, 35 in brisbane, the rest spread out over NSW and Vic, and not one single wrecker has even had a panel van, let alone a front bar, if ANYONE at all knows where there is one that you could ask for me, or get the brackets for me, I would be eternally grateful!!!! The car is registered and newly completed, but I'm scared of driving it for fear of being booked for no front bar!!!!

Anyways, if you know of anything, please either sms or call me on 0410 730 598, or post back here, I'll give someone $30 plus whatever the brackets are for helping me Very Happy

Cheers Guys/Gals..................6BOOST
  Send a private message to this user    
680OST
Regular

August 2004
Re: KE70 Panel vans Thu, 20 January 2005 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh, and NO, the brackets are not even remotely similar to any other model, and I would really like good condition ones.

Cheers Smile
Major Clod
Regular

August 2003
Re: KE70 Panel vans Fri, 21 January 2005 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KE70 Panel Van - 1G Powered

Sounds shweeeeeet!

Good luck with the brackets!
680OST
Regular

August 2004
Re: KE70 Panel vans Fri, 21 January 2005 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
450kw 1G Very Happy With transbraked 3 speed auto, full cage and VT brakes. Very insane car to drive Shocked
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: KE70 Panel vans Fri, 21 January 2005 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is not a technical or conversion thread. Not getting the result you wanted when posting the thread in the correct section of the forum is no reason to post it in other sections.

The replies you'd get in tech and conversion are the ones you don't want to hear anyway, people doing conversions generally would build their own brackets.

This thread is being moved back to the correct location.
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: KE70 Panel vans Fri, 21 January 2005 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I use to have one of these and i found a wreck in Cooma it was at the wrecker on either numeralla road or polo flat road cant remember exactly what the street name was. The wrecker is called either flynns or flannigans wreckers.

Anyway try these and the next time that im up that way i will have a look.

COOMA AUTO WRECKERS
Cooma 79 Polo Flat Rd 2630
(02) 6452 3773
Fax
(02) 6452 4953
After hours
(02) 6452 3122
Email burchall@snowy.net.au

FLYNN'S WRECKING YARD
Snowy Mountains Hwy Cooma 2630
(02) 6452 1866
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: KE70 Panel vans Fri, 21 January 2005 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry to ask after you just said but are you POSITIVE that the t-18 brackets wont fit?
did you try t-18 brackets with the chrome bumpers or plastic? cause im sure these would have different mounts.
im certain ive been at the local wreckers, seen a 't-18' and walked over to check it out and it turns out to be a ke70 wagon, the front is identical, IDENTICAL
680OST
Regular

August 2004
Re: KE70 Panel vans Sun, 23 January 2005 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks heaps for the numbers Jason, I will give them a call tomorrow, much appreciated, and I don't know if they are the same as a T18, but if that is a picture of one in your thread, then they are definately NOT the same, my bumber is different to the one on your car, but thanks for the hint, I'll have a squize around for one to compare.

Cheers guys.................6BOOST
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: KE70 Panel vans Sun, 23 January 2005 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do you have a picture of your van? If you do, send it to me at phillawrence@optusnet.com.au, as I have a complete front bumper from a KE70 panelvan..... but i'm unsure if its exactly the same car as you describe.
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: KE70 Panel vans Wed, 26 January 2005 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you still after these 68OOST?
680OST
Regular

August 2004
Re: KE70 Panel vans Thu, 27 January 2005 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, sure am mate, I sent you an email from my hotmail account the day after you posted your email address with 7 or 8 pictures from my car, I take it you didn't get it?? If I could call you that would be pretty easy, I can explain what it looks like anyways, my phone number is 9410 730 598, or sms me yours or something and I'll give you a call??

Cheers for the help mate,
Kyle.
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: KE70 Panel vans Thu, 27 January 2005 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Kyle

I replied to your email, but it must have been lost in the ether somehow Confused

The bumper that I have is exactly as you describe, and the car I took it from looks the same as yours also. The brackets are in good condition, as the bumper itself doesn't have a single knock on it.

I'll try your email address again with the details I sent last time.

Cheers
Phil
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: KE70 Panel vans Fri, 28 January 2005 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I cant get an sms through to that number, does it really start with a 9?
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: KE70 Panel vans Fri, 28 January 2005 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
id say its finger trouble Phil just substitute a zero for the nine.
680OST
Regular

August 2004
Re: KE70 Panel vans Fri, 28 January 2005 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, sorry my bad, 0410 730 598. I'll take it if we can get in contact with each other Smile

6BOOST
Sam_Q
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: KE70 Panel vans Fri, 28 January 2005 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know where there one at a wrecker near me, I dont know the condition, I will go there this sunday. But explain exactly which bracket you mean? also need any other bits?
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: KE70 Panel vans Fri, 28 January 2005 06:35 Go to previous message
Kyle, give me a call on 0402257221 & well make arrangements to post them.

Phil
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:14"rims 4x114.3 rims +42 or there abouts enquiry
Next Topic:wheels and suspension
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 10 18:55:28 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0049841403961182 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.