Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
AuthorTopic
davedrifts
Regular

Banned User

September 2004
Re: guess what.....there is a hyundai performance forum Sun, 16 January 2005 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Some sort of chub girl fetish?
  Send a private message to this user  
mk27m
Regular

November 2003
Re: guess what.....there is a hyundai performance forum Sun, 16 January 2005 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah whadaya reckon they pulled that outa their own family photo album, i changed my original post to say DON'T click on the link - they've screwed with it somehow - to get to the link copy the link and paste it onto your addressbar.

They locked the thread i put on their too, so i think i'm genna go put another one up..... Very Happy

Drew.

[Updated on: Sun, 16 January 2005 10:51]

wired_one83
Newcomer

January 2005
Re: guess what.....there is a hyundai performance forum Sun, 16 January 2005 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
10 psi produced by a wrx tdo4l (high compression, advanced timing)turbo will get me into 13's for sure, so far the custom turbo kit has cost me less than $10G. (all i have to do is up the boost and retune it) and the car is $15G to start...

how many $25G NEW cars will pull 13 second 1/4 miles? not many.

so i like my hyundais...

and besides, when i pull up next to a supra at the lights and win in a hyundai accent, its worth every penny of that $10G to see the look on the guys face...

who knows... next time it could be one of you Cool

btw, i will admit there are ALOT of um... for lack of a better word... strange, hyundai owners, and i agree that is some funny sh!t, but im sure there is some toyota owners on here that say just as tupid shit...

am i right?

anyway, you wont see me dissin your cars, so just dont dis mine coz some other guy, in another country, with my car in unmodified form, says some stupid sh!t...

thats fair isnt it?

good night all Very Happy

[Updated on: Sun, 16 January 2005 09:56]

RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: guess what.....there is a hyundai performance forum Sun, 16 January 2005 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MFX_Neko_86 wrote on Sun, 16 January 2005 16:20

Whats tubgirl?

I foolishly sought the answer to that question. It's an experience that has changed me forever. I would put up a link except for 2 reasons

1. I don't want to risk seeing it again and,
2. the mods would remove it anyway.

Trust me, let it go, you'll be better for it..

Tim
davedrifts
Regular

Banned User

September 2004
Re: guess what.....there is a hyundai performance forum Sun, 16 January 2005 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davedrifts wrote on Sun, 16 January 2005 16:41

Some sort of chub girl fetish?

Was i right??
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: guess what.....there is a hyundai performance forum Sun, 16 January 2005 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no mate. beleve me you don't wanna know No No No
mk27m
Regular

November 2003
Re: guess what.....there is a hyundai performance forum Sun, 16 January 2005 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry RA28 i feel this is sort of my fault, i don't think anyone's the same after seeing that pic, i guess we pissed off the wrong bunch of hick american hyundai drivers hey.

10 grand on a hyundai??? you are shitting me rite?? my ma61 7mgte conversion cost like about $7000 and will probably pull high 13's on a good day, i could think of doing a lot better things car wise with $25000

Drew.
davedrifts
Regular

Banned User

September 2004
Re: guess what.....there is a hyundai performance forum Sun, 16 January 2005 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In my opinion, Hyundai's are pieces of shit and anyone who modifies them are absolute idiots. There truly worthless.
davedrifts
Regular

Banned User

September 2004
Re: guess what.....there is a hyundai performance forum Sun, 16 January 2005 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

http://plusic.jp/Minicar/HotWheels/2004/012s.jpg
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: guess what.....there is a hyundai performance forum Sun, 16 January 2005 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davedrifts wrote on Sun, 16 January 2005 22:05

http://plusic.jp/Minicar/HotWheels/2004/012s.jpg

Laughing So it was YOU!!! who stole my Hyundai Laughing Razz each to their own really. although they can get pretty annoying some of the ones getting around with hugh arse wings and more show then go. they can be a good car for a to b perpouses, not a bad little car to drive, I will give them that, but you'll never see me fanging about in one Rolling Eyes $10,000 on a Hyundai? It's not something I'd do. because I know I'd never see that money again, be best of keeping that car for a while I think. A good mate of mine has an Accent he put a racing aditive in with his fuel,had a 2" cat back exhaust, it actually moved but it was nothing lightning fast, like some of the Hyundai drivers seem too think they are.
X~Br34K3R
Newcomer

January 2005
Re: guess what.....there is a hyundai performance forum Sun, 16 January 2005 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stop playing with toys and get some real cars boys, because if it isnt a MKIV it doesnt rate as a Toyota. Very Happy JK

Aight now that I have a bit of attention,

You're actually dissing Hyundais here, how many of you actually own MKIV's, I'm curious, because that's about the only Toyota I have driven that actually far surpasses Hyundai build and drive quality. The rest of the current Toyota models besides the Lexus lineup are pretty much on par, so don't think so highly of a vehicle just because you see it in some cartoon. Yes, I do work with Hyundais and I have driven a MKIV 6sp TT, ran a BPU++ as well as US spec highflowed CT12's with an ETTC. Traded it in for an Evo after a few mnths, which are VERY close in chassis layout and bay design to the early Elantras. Hyundais have been basically neutered by the factory[thanks accounting dept, we all love you and you know it]so don;t underestimate them, the regular ones might be a tad slow, but the worked ones, let's just say that I had a very nasty yellow surprise once upon a time on the Princess.

Hyundais and Toyotas also had very different design and engineering briefs when they got conceptualized, so you might want to leave the shitbox comments at home until you actually get to read the briefs and understand why Hyundais were designed, engineered and manufactured the way they are.

Edit: Some mod FOR GOD"S SAKE PLEASE PUT A WARNING ABOUT THE TUB****.COM URL ON THIS THREAD THAT SH!T SCARS PPL FOR LIFE!!!

[Updated on: Sun, 16 January 2005 13:02]

b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: guess what.....there is a hyundai performance forum Sun, 16 January 2005 19:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MFX_Neko_86 wrote on Sun, 16 January 2005 16:20

Whats tubgirl?

www.tubgirl.com

i would advise against clicking it. yucks!!!
X~Br34K3R
Newcomer

January 2005
Re: guess what.....there is a hyundai performance forum Mon, 17 January 2005 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
^^^Agreed. Under no circumstances do you wanna click on tubgirl.com.
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: guess what.....there is a hyundai performance forum Mon, 17 January 2005 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
X~Br34K3R wrote on Mon, 17 January 2005 12:24

^^^Agreed. Under no circumstances do you wanna click on tubgirl.com.

you know, now she's just gonna go there to check it out for curiosity. reverse psychology always works...
davedrifts
Regular

Banned User

September 2004
Re: guess what.....there is a hyundai performance forum Mon, 17 January 2005 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone who goes to that webby gets a nice hard hit to the groin with a baseball bat.
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: guess what.....there is a hyundai performance forum Mon, 17 January 2005 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davedrifts wrote on Mon, 17 January 2005 19:06

Anyone who goes to that webby gets a nice hard hit to the groin with a baseball bat.

i believe anyone who happens to view the aforementioned picture will be sufficiently affected to render a strike to the groin region using a baseball bat virtually ineffective in acheiving the desired purpose

i am so smart, i am so smart, s-m-r-t, i mean s-m-a-r-t Laughing
haha, the simpsons is a inexhaustable resource for all your quoting needs! Very Happy
davedrifts
Regular

Banned User

September 2004
Re: guess what.....there is a hyundai performance forum Mon, 17 January 2005 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah the simpsons, i still think family guy is better

Peter is the best...hes such a boob

http://www.satyrnet.it/griffin/peter2.gif
jcmunga
Regular

November 2004
Re: guess what.....there is a hyundai performance forum Mon, 17 January 2005 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats what im wondering, i actually started looking for tubgirl and cant find it.
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: guess what.....there is a hyundai performance forum Mon, 17 January 2005 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jcmunga wrote on Mon, 17 January 2005 21:00

thats what im wondering, i actually started looking for tubgirl and cant find it.

you're lucky! dont try any more! please! seriously, its definitely not worth your while! Laughing
MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: guess what.....there is a hyundai performance forum Mon, 17 January 2005 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh man. Thats dirt.

Come on, you seriously didnt expect me not to click on it with ten thousand people saying DONT DO IT, DONT DO IT did you?
Curiosity killed the cat, and after that, i thin ive only got one life left... thats just WRONG!!!

@>_<@
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: guess what.....there is a hyundai performance forum Mon, 17 January 2005 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
knew it!! Very Happy
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: guess what.....there is a hyundai performance forum Mon, 17 January 2005 17:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Every hyundai owner i know has had problems with their vehicle, with an extreme case being the radiator rupturing on the freeway :/

the main reason i think people dont like them is front wheel drive, its the devil, who the hell else rices up a RWD? theres no need to, sure, big rims and a flash paint job, but thats all thats needed to make em look hot, and the limo tints dont hurt Smile the only front wheel drive that gets my approval is the Type R Integra, as a racer (read: not ricer)

Wouldnt it be fun if you could beat all of those people without getting laughed at? sleeper cressida does a good job. hell, i LOVE the lancer evo! but i still laugh at the majority of lancers because of the rice factor, ricers ruined the altezza lights, bastards Mad

and i do think toyota build quality is superior to hyundai, they're well known for it, corolla and camry are outselling any other car in Aus!
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: guess what.....there is a hyundai performance forum Mon, 17 January 2005 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Ahh, yuh... nice pic Sad

It's put me off laksa for life.

seeyuzz
river
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: guess what.....there is a hyundai performance forum Tue, 18 January 2005 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EldarO wrote on Tue, 18 January 2005 04:06

Every hyundai owner i know has had problems with their vehicle, with an extreme case being the radiator rupturing on the freeway :/

the main reason i think people dont like them is front wheel drive, its the devil, who the hell else rices up a RWD? theres no need to, sure, big rims and a flash paint job, but thats all thats needed to make em look hot, and the limo tints dont hurt Smile the only front wheel drive that gets my approval is the Type R Integra, as a racer (read: not ricer)

Wouldnt it be fun if you could beat all of those people without getting laughed at? sleeper cressida does a good job. hell, i LOVE the lancer evo! but i still laugh at the majority of lancers because of the rice factor, ricers ruined the altezza lights, bastards Mad

and i do think toyota build quality is superior to hyundai, they're well known for it, corolla and camry are outselling any other car in Aus!

oh u havent seen the amount of riced up RWD. look at the silvias around australia. heaps of riced ones. go to thailand websites and u see lots of old bmw n mercedes riced up. japanese rice up just about anything as well regardless of drivetrain.

stop bagging FWD. hyundai are not riced JUST BCOZ ITS FWD. im sure my stock FWD can beat ur stock sprinter u wanna buy around twisties. u sound likea young guy. do u even have a car or license yet??

and FYI, most 1600 class winnners are civics and corollas....oh no they're all FWD Shocked
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: guess what.....there is a hyundai performance forum Tue, 18 January 2005 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EVERY CAR IS RICE(able) no matter wat, fwd, rwd, 4wd blah blah blah cars are gay, GO MOTORBIKES! toyota needs to make 1wd bikes so we can rice them too
http://www.riceboypage.com/shame/hall_of_shame_5/pink-neon.jpg
i think they only reason that comes into mind that fwd is rice is because most cars are now fwd, thus new cars are riced, so its rice, rice rice rice, rice Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Tue, 18 January 2005 05:32]

thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: guess what.....there is a hyundai performance forum Wed, 19 January 2005 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Fri, 14 January 2005 16:02

that ain't a tiburon it's a coupe

If you read it says it's his '98 tib.
I think he knows what his car is.. then again he actually paid for it Confused
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: guess what.....there is a hyundai performance forum Wed, 19 January 2005 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
b1gb3n wrote on Tue, 18 January 2005 15:31

hyundai are not riced JUST BCOZ ITS FWD.
and FYI, most 1600 class winnners are civics and corollas....oh no they're all FWD Shocked

You're right. Hyundai's aren't riced just because they're FWD. They're gay full stop. Very Happy
As for civics and corollas winning the 1600 class where are the excels?
Oh that's right. They're too good to actually compete. They're busy being driven by fully sick people with fully sick fart cannons and wings that they really need to keep their piece of shit car on the ground after 20km/h. Rolling Eyes Very Happy
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: guess what.....there is a hyundai performance forum Wed, 19 January 2005 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you want to modify a car why not start with something that has potential to begin with. ie not the cheapest shittiest fwd 2 door run around on the market.

this quote says it all. (from a GTR owner to some kid saying something stupid about his car)

"when you grow up you might be lucky enough to own a turbocharged excel"

Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: guess what.....there is a hyundai performance forum Wed, 19 January 2005 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
X~Br34K3R wrote on Sun, 16 January 2005 23:55

The rest of the current Toyota models besides the Lexus lineup are pretty much on par...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! Oh man, that's some funny shit.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: guess what.....there is a hyundai performance forum Thu, 20 January 2005 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The tiburon was never known as one in australia until about two years ago, hence the car in the pic to any aussie will be know as a hyundai coupe the sequel to the very shit scoupe
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: guess what.....there is a hyundai performance forum Thu, 20 January 2005 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i see alot of excels, commodores, scoupes and exas... damn northern suburbs Crying or Very Sad
Fujiwara_ToFu
Regular

March 2004

Re: guess what.....there is a hyundai performance forum Thu, 20 January 2005 18:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MFX_Neko_86 wrote on Mon, 17 January 2005 22:04

Oh man. Thats dirt.

Come on, you seriously didnt expect me not to click on it with ten thousand people saying DONT DO IT, DONT DO IT did you?
Curiosity killed the cat, and after that, i thin ive only got one life left... thats just WRONG!!!

@>_<@

BWHAHAHAHA you got OWNED Very Happy
After i read your initial post, i was waiting for the "OMG THAT'S SICK" post Very Happy

Oh i'm in tears.

Dont say we didn't warn you.

Anyway, my opinion of hyundais are well... i don't hate them as much as i used to. After reading the quotes taking from the hyundai performance site... i do really admire they are modest. There's truly nothing worse than someone boasting about a car that is 'fully schick' claming it beats GT-R's amd NSX's out of the factory with a pod and exhaust like many stereotyped traits associated with other car makers out there.

Give these guys some credit. At least they're not jerks. There's more uncalled for behaviour coming from people who drive FWD corollas intended for the same market from this forum.

I'm not saying i like hyundai cars, that's not my preference... however i'd feel pretty insulted if someone bagged my 'RWD corolla' as a souped up small rice car. Don't think you're better than they are... that road leads to arrogance and being cocky.

Also, if i DID drive a fast car (say any Turbo JDM car) and somehow i ended up getting owned by an excel... i'd feel pretty damn stupid and hope no one ever saw my face. Stuff like that would make you hide for years and it "could" happen too... my friend and i planned on making a v8 excel for fun... but then realised we'd rather buy a '73 ford escort RS.

-Jay
Kimber
Occasional Poster

Banned Again

January 2005
Re: guess what.....there is a hyundai performance forum Fri, 21 January 2005 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wow, i never thought of it that way, i always used to despise hyundai's...and i still do. Except now i realise how i would feel if some one bagged out my car.
Fro-Daddy
Regular

May 2004
Re: guess what.....there is a hyundai performance forum Fri, 21 January 2005 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, my mate had a turbo excel, kept up with wrx's coz he got a 110% power gain from it. he now has a stock elantra which is as quick as a commodore over the 1/4...and a turbo kit is coming soon...

my other mate has an accent (hyundai, not american) and he now blows away vx ss commodores and gets a 15s 1/4mile with wheel spin on about 80% of the track surface.

my other mate with an old sonata chucked in an evo engine (coz the old hyundais were mitsu) and he runs 12.9 on street tyres.

another one of my mates is currently doing a turbo conversion on his excel, using parts from the other one after it was sold.

all in all, they can be very quick cars coz they are extremely light, some people even stick the 4age in the x3 excel as it is a very close fit and gives them a lil more power and there are more parts available (been round for longer).

go onto hyundaiperformance and go to the hybrid section, there you will see my mates 12.9s sonata (DSM-SONATA)

so as you can see, when people put a lil money into these cars they can be quite quick, so quit ya winging ya hippies, just coz you would get beaten by a hyundai!
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: guess what.....there is a hyundai performance forum Fri, 21 January 2005 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they might be quick but they still have shoddy resale, image etc. And its still a hyundai. These cars are all fwd yes they can be made to go quick in a straight line but ten bucks says, take them to the track and they would gte eaten by many of the caras they beat in a straight line. As for the accent doing fifteens and beatinf VX ss bullshit the commo is good for high 13 secs and can easily be modded and do low 12 to high 11's. But once again its still a commodore.
Thats what you have to remember no matter how fast a car is you can't bend ppl's reputation on the car.
And yes I hate hyundai's for a good reason they are shit. I know many with low kays that the engines are getting progressively noisier break down comstantly and just are plain shit.
After taking a mate for a ride in the rona he commented on how quiet it was compared to the Elantra, come on the corona is pretty noisy with rotting sound deadening that was insatlled in 1985. A one year old hyundai noisy as hell to be in.
My car has covered over 400K km starts first go every time, and has never broken down in the 18moths I have had it. I'd like to see any hyundai do that.
Kimber
Occasional Poster

Banned Again

January 2005
Re: guess what.....there is a hyundai performance forum Fri, 21 January 2005 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know this is conflicting my earlier post, but corona here has a point. My sister has an excel and the thing is a dead set piece of junk, the door handles frequently snap off, the gear box's selecter is down the shitter, you can almost push the gear stick in a circular 360 motion all the way around with out getting a gear. In 5th gear your doing 110 k's and the thing sounds like its still in 3rd. It crunches going into reverse no matter what you do. All in all, its a one of a kind P.O.S.
Fro-Daddy
Regular

May 2004
Re: guess what.....there is a hyundai performance forum Fri, 21 January 2005 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what about the rigolli accent? its a 9sec car...what about the rwd excel at summernats, thats 11sec with a v8 Razz

the only prob ive really heard of is summin to do with the x3 excel startin up, it doesnt like to after its been driven for a while n then tried to start immediately, it likes to cool down...i dunno about this radiator blowing on the highway n that crap!

vx ss - 13.5 roughly
mates car - 15 with major wheelspin

rolling start i think my mate wins...

they are very good on the track actually, my friend at psc owns an old scoupe turbo (turbo'd from factory) and he has his as a track car, quite quick from what i have heard...my mates track AW11 MR2 (subsonic audio i think his name is on here) has been beaten down mt cootha by an excel...

all im saying is give them a fair go, some of you will be suprised how fast they actually can be!
Kimber
Occasional Poster

Banned Again

January 2005
Re: guess what.....there is a hyundai performance forum Fri, 21 January 2005 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
He runs a 15 with "Major wheelspin", how fucking fast is the thing? 11's!? i smell bs.
Fro-Daddy
Regular

May 2004
Re: guess what.....there is a hyundai performance forum Fri, 21 January 2005 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where did u pull 11sec from you freak? im guessing 13 with good traction...he now has slightly wider tyres aswell...but no more runs as of yet...

y dont you people research a lil instead of coming on here and babbling a load of crap to everyone else...ive seen many people on this forum complain about uneducated people, so back up your stories aye...
Kimber
Occasional Poster

Banned Again

January 2005
Re: guess what.....there is a hyundai performance forum Fri, 21 January 2005 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It was exaggeration dude.
Phrozen_Death
Regular

October 2002
Re: guess what.....there is a hyundai performance forum Fri, 21 January 2005 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fro-Daddy wrote on Fri, 21 January 2005 12:45

y dont you people research a lil instead of coming on here and babbling a load of crap to everyone else...

for starters no one needs to do research because they are to well known to be pieces of shit and second I'm pretty sure the majority of people here know that aswell so i dont think Kimber is "babbling a load of crap to everyone" is he?

[Updated on: Fri, 21 January 2005 03:38]

mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: guess what.....there is a hyundai performance forum Fri, 21 January 2005 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
on the subject on build quality I have too say Toyota leaves Hyundai for dead in that department. But I wouldn't say Hyundai's are a shit car. I have seen worse No No No .

As for front wheel drive:- this is the best set up in a car like an excel as it doesn't have a heap of power and front wheel drive gets power to the ground better then rear wheel drive.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: guess what.....there is a hyundai performance forum Fri, 21 January 2005 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
congratulations hyundai baggers being in the special ed class your all WINNERS!!!!!

who can tell me what people used to think about japanese cars and their enthusiasts 30 years ago?

ill give you a hint, go to this link

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=56104&start=0&rid=19&S=323901e216ecd 482a8921578ae14cbb0

and replace "hyundai" with "toyota/nissan/mazda/subaru"
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: guess what.....there is a hyundai performance forum Fri, 21 January 2005 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob_RA40 wrote on Fri, 21 January 2005 15:18

congratulations hyundai baggers being in the special ed class your all WINNERS!!!!!

who can tell me what people used to think about japanese cars and their enthusiasts 30 years ago?

ill give you a hint, go to this link

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=56104&start=0&rid=19&S=323901e216ecd 482a8921578ae14cbb0

and replace "hyundai" with "toyota/nissan/mazda/subaru"

thats a very interesting link u have there Shocked
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: guess what.....there is a hyundai performance forum Fri, 21 January 2005 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mick wrote on Fri, 21 January 2005 14:45

As for front wheel drive:- this is the best set up in a car like an excel as it doesn't have a heap of power and front wheel drive gets power to the ground better then rear wheel drive.

I assume you mean less power being lost thru the drive train...
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: guess what.....there is a hyundai performance forum Fri, 21 January 2005 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ViPeR_NiPPleX wrote on Fri, 21 January 2005 16:18

mick wrote on Fri, 21 January 2005 14:45

I assume you mean less power being lost thru the drive train...

yeah I shoulda mentioned that Smile
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: guess what.....there is a hyundai performance forum Fri, 21 January 2005 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Fro-Daddy wrote on Fri, 21 January 2005 12:09

so as you can see, when people put a lil money into these cars they can be quite quick, so quit ya winging ya hippies, just coz you would get beaten by a hyundai!

Hippies????? WTF do you mean?

seeyuzz
river
Kimber
Occasional Poster

Banned Again

January 2005
Re: guess what.....there is a hyundai performance forum Fri, 21 January 2005 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Calm down river. Theres nothing wrong with being a hippy. Wink
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: guess what.....there is a hyundai performance forum Fri, 21 January 2005 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WORLD PEACE!! Cool Cool
Kimber
Occasional Poster

Banned Again

January 2005
Re: guess what.....there is a hyundai performance forum Fri, 21 January 2005 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehehe
http://subway23.hypermart.net/www/stick-hippy.jpg

Now wheres my bo... oops. Laughing
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: guess what.....there is a hyundai performance forum Fri, 21 January 2005 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fro-Daddy wrote on Fri, 21 January 2005 12:09

so quit ya winging ya hippies, just coz you would get beaten by a hyundai!

Actually a hippy couldn't care less weather or not he got beaten by a Hyundai or not. Rolling Eyes and would also mean we are peacefull people,
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: guess what.....there is a hyundai performance forum Fri, 21 January 2005 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kimber wrote on Fri, 21 January 2005 16:52

hehehe
http://subway23.hypermart.net/www/stick-hippy.jpg

Now wheres my bo... oops. Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: guess what.....there is a hyundai performance forum Fri, 21 January 2005 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Man I hope that this is not a cross section of the open mindedness one can expect from Toymods. If it is then im deeply troubled.

I have read through this whole thread and most of it is just a bunch of dribble about ppl pulling figures out of their arse, quoting and counterquoting. Are people attacking the Hyundai forum cause there is just nothing better to do??

Fair enough the things they write are amusing...(im sure the same can be said for us) but this condemning them because of what badge they have on their car is just another form of generalisation like racism.

One thing I have noticed from their threads is they dont attack other car clubs, which brings me to why are we attacking them in the first place?? they do exactly the same things we do. Modify, chat, share knowledge & cruise. They are just a network of likeminded enthusiats just like us except the chose a different car brand and dont appear to judge and label other clubs.

They go through the same heartaches, trials and rewards of modifying their cars as we do. If they picked hyundai maybe its because they realised its a cheap, light weight chassis, that does have the potential for impressive figures with the right powerplant.

I dont give a fuck what car they decided to use as their project, because its THEIR project. The same as I dont give a fuck what people think of my project cause they dont know SFA of what ive been through to get it on the road. Just cause its a hyundai doesnt mean they dont solve the same problems with modifications as we do.

No doubt I will get quoted and my point of view will be picked at an excerpted, but before that happens I will say that everyone is entitled to their own opinion hence 'forum' but when that point of view is used to demean another person or group is when it gets taken too far. Get to know some of the ppl on that forum and ill bet they could teach us a thing or 2 about cars and vice versa.

If we are the larger, longest running or best club or whatever, surely we can prove that by showing a bit more tolerance and respect for people with the same passions but who chose a different path.

/end rant.
Kimber
Occasional Poster

Banned Again

January 2005
Re: guess what.....there is a hyundai performance forum Fri, 21 January 2005 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As much as i agree with you, there is still the undenyable difference between the quality of the two makes. Personally i've seen first hand the quality of both toyota and hyundai. That's why i tend to dislike hyundais, though it gives me no right to post it.

[Updated on: Fri, 21 January 2005 08:53]

b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: guess what.....there is a hyundai performance forum Fri, 21 January 2005 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont u ppl know that hyundais can fit a VR4 4G63T engine in it witout much hassle!?!? FYI, VR4 4G63T is about the best 2 litre turbo engine out there with the likes of 3sgte, sr20.

dont underestimate them. they maybe FWD but so are Integras, civics, alfa romeos, fiat coupe. regarded very highly in their respective class.
Fujiwara_ToFu
Regular

March 2004

Re: guess what.....there is a hyundai performance forum Fri, 21 January 2005 19:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kimber wrote on Fri, 21 January 2005 19:52

As much as i agree with you, there is still the undenyable difference between the quality of the two makes. Personally i've seen first hand the quality of both toyota and hyundai. That's why i tend to dislike hyundais, though it gives me no right to post it.

You're pretty good at contradicting yourself aren't you? Laughing

So you've just said you agree that we shouldn't be dickheads and bag the hyundai guys cuz they share the same kinship like the ethusiasts we are; then you add that they make crapper cars than toyotas. Laughing

Here's the bottom line here you "agree(d)" on that you might've overlooked. I think SilverGhosts point was: Who gives a fuck?

As long as you don't drive it, you shouldn't bag it. It's someone's car who they love as much as we love our 'yotas.

-Jay

RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: guess what.....there is a hyundai performance forum Fri, 21 January 2005 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shit, you think those guys are lame, You're lucky I can't dig up one of the "OMG I just beat a VN commodore with my stock 18R!!!" threads from the war stories sections.

Leave em be, They just like their cars, we'll need em one day, when we all have to unite against the govt/community to give us more areas to enjoy our hobby.

Tim.
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: guess what.....there is a hyundai performance forum Sat, 22 January 2005 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why are we laughing at a hyundai performance forum?

hyundai dont make performance cars, the V6 Tiburon is the only one that woulod make a decent amount of power out of the factory, and strangley enough, its the only hyundai i would drive!

yes i am a p plater, no i dont have a car, but then again, im showing what i know, i've driven an accent when our camry was in the workshop and we needed a car, and i was sorely dissapointed!

if you dump $25k on an accent, or $25k on... lets say.. an ae86... you cant even speak of the orginal car, simply because, even though it looks the same, the soul of the original car is gone, im bagging the ORIGINAL car.

These hyundai fellas can do what they want, its their money, its their loan, but regardless, like commodores, they're common, and i dont like em

/end rant
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: guess what.....there is a hyundai performance forum Sat, 22 January 2005 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you dont wanna know what tubgirl is
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: guess what.....there is a hyundai performance forum Sat, 22 January 2005 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Classique71 wrote on Sat, 22 January 2005 13:57

you dont wanna know what tubgirl is

HaHAHAHahaHA
Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic:Hey im new here
Next Topic:Petrol is DROPPING in price ... what the???
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 10:50:47 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010174989700317 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.