Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
toymods in hot4s Wed, 19 January 2005 04:07 Go to next message
has anyone else seen the toymods thing (was it a cruise, show and shine,etc?)covered in the last few pages of hot 4s this month?
  Send a private message to this user    
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: toymods in hot4s Wed, 19 January 2005 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmm, pick this up i must!
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: toymods in hot4s Wed, 19 January 2005 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes, you should. it pretty extensive, a good 5 pages or so, showing a lot of the members cars, and even plugging the website. apparently it was in near a reading cinemas car park? ring any bells?
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: toymods in hot4s Wed, 19 January 2005 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, that was our first annual "ToyotaFest"!

I knew it was coming up in issue 120, but haven't seen it hit any shelves yet.

bigg willie - Are you a subscriber? I think they normally get the latest copy in advance before it's out in the stores..

** edit ** can't wait to see it!! Very Happy

[Updated on: Wed, 19 January 2005 07:05]

bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: toymods in hot4s Wed, 19 January 2005 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, ive got a subscription Embarassed
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: toymods in hot4s Wed, 19 January 2005 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bastard guy! And after I just walked down the shops to see if they had it in yet Crying or Very Sad
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: toymods in hot4s Wed, 19 January 2005 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha, i can scan them in if you are really ancy...
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: toymods in hot4s Wed, 19 January 2005 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lol.. nah, it's all good. I'm sure I can wait another day or so. I've had since October to get used to it Smile
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: toymods in hot4s Wed, 19 January 2005 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh well, ive already started, so ill scan them anyway, others might be interested?
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: toymods in hot4s Wed, 19 January 2005 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
scan, scan, scan!!!

I cant afford to go and buy magazine, so scan please Very Happy Razz
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: toymods in hot4s Wed, 19 January 2005 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
here they are - enjoy

EDIT: photbucket bastards seem to have automatically resized that first pic, so now you cant read the paragraph, anyone know somehere that wont resize? or i can email to someone else to host, its about 400kb.

[Updated on: Wed, 19 January 2005 09:29] by Moderator

DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: toymods in hot4s Wed, 19 January 2005 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scans are way too small man , dont be afriad to make them like twice as big.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: toymods in hot4s Wed, 19 January 2005 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what the hell is with the chick shots? are the cars not good enuff they have to put everyones girlfriends in there too?

sad...

monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: toymods in hot4s Wed, 19 January 2005 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What is this, a school for ants?
davedrifts
Regular

Banned User

September 2004
Re: toymods in hot4s Wed, 19 January 2005 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Man i dunno how you guys can stand readin that shit, i hate hot 4's with a passion.
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: toymods in hot4s Wed, 19 January 2005 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wow, that's a decent mag spread in a popular magazine. I daresay this website will be getting a lot more hits soon. I'll be going and buying this episode pronto Smile
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: toymods in hot4s Wed, 19 January 2005 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Email me the full size images.
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: toymods in hot4s Wed, 19 January 2005 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do not post scans of copyrighted material.

Do people not understand that the reason why a magazine would go to the effort to give coverage to a show like this is so that people will buy the magazine. If people don't buy the magazine then don't expect them to continue to show the events support.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: toymods in hot4s Wed, 19 January 2005 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i cant believe they actually gave us that big a spread!

thats AWESOME!!

and yes - scanning copyright material is bad mmmkay!! I will talk to the guys from Hot4s to see if we can get permission to use their photos (we have regular correspondance with them at work), or possible get something from them to use on our website.

mikey93
Regular

December 2004
Re: toymods in hot4s Wed, 19 January 2005 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh no they invited people to the forum. LOL Laughing

im 16 and i wanna get a trueno..

how do i get more power out of my dads camry?
and so on
Kyosho
Regular

November 2004
Re: toymods in hot4s Wed, 19 January 2005 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob_RA40 wrote on Wed, 19 January 2005 20:21

what the hell is with the chick shots? are the cars not good enuff they have to put everyones girlfriends in there too?

sad...

Hot4s has a market of 14 year old drop kick guys...
They sell magazines by what looks good, with no balls and with the sleaziest chick lieing on the car in the most tempting position to get the guys to wack off on there magazine... It's like Hot4s is in competition with Penthouse for sales...

If you visit the hot4s forum, about once every 6 months there is a HUGE uproar by most members having a huge dig at the editors etc for such shit work...
But recently there was an editor change, and supposedly there "aim" and "market" is going to change a bit...
davedrifts
Regular

Banned User

September 2004
Re: toymods in hot4s Wed, 19 January 2005 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would bag the shit out of the magazine but i dont want to make a bad name for you guys coz hot 4's might neva come back.
Kyosho
Regular

November 2004
Re: toymods in hot4s Wed, 19 January 2005 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davedrifts wrote on Wed, 19 January 2005 21:29

I would bag the shit out of the magazine but i dont want to make a bad name for you guys coz hot 4's might neva come back.

LOL... Hot4s gets enough shit served at them from there own forum... And everyother forum... LOL

But yeah... Not really fair to ToyMods...

Toymods should start up a cheap paper magazine to sell... Very Happy

Put in Member cars, and heaps of technical info... I'm sure plenty of the forum and club members would help out... Very Happy
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: toymods in hot4s Wed, 19 January 2005 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
was it witzl or sstitt at the nats who had the bra on ?

maybe you shuld have offered to pose over pmpb0y for a photoshoot Wink
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: toymods in hot4s Wed, 19 January 2005 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that was stitt in his moment of glory, but here you go stu

Teh Witzl on acid:

http://www.toymods.org.au/gallery/albums/Gallery/Events/20040409%20-%20Toyota%20Nationals/normal_Draza_Room%20305-2.JPG

Teh stitt on beer:

http://www.toymods.org.au/gallery/albums/Gallery/Events/20040409%20-%20Toyota%20Nationals/normal_DannyGT4_Img_0126.jpg

I know who is going to thank me for re-hashing these pics

[Updated on: Wed, 19 January 2005 11:13]

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: toymods in hot4s Wed, 19 January 2005 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AAHAAH!

that second one MUST be submitted to hot4's chick spread Wink
dizzy
Regular

February 2004
Re: toymods in hot4s Wed, 19 January 2005 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
monkeymajik wrote on Wed, 19 January 2005 20:22

hahahah, zoolander...
that quote is teh funnay

hot4's has always been interested in the toymod's group. i remember back when there was a double feature of ta22 in this one magazine. i think it was rod's celica + someone elses.
but yeah, mmost toymodders don't have 20" rims and spinners or massif body kits and big wings so they don't fit into the targeted market audience (which is also a blessing)

-strober
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: toymods in hot4s Wed, 19 January 2005 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kyosho wrote on Wed, 19 January 2005 21:42

Put in Member cars, and heaps of technical info... I'm sure plenty of the forum and club members would help out... Very Happy

Oh fuck yes ! Recycled paper would be the go, not that glossy crap, to show people that we're a bunch of thoughtful, mature and caring motor enthusiasts that respect the enviroment Very Happy
Well most of us Laughing

An issue every 2nd month or so. feature 2 or 3 cars from the members (not just toyotas) , a day in the life of a member, cool web sites to have a look at, tech stuff and at the end of the year have a couple of pages indexing all the articles for the year.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: toymods in hot4s Wed, 19 January 2005 21:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe they should come along on the easter event - to see what a non rice club gets up to ourtside of show and shines ?
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: toymods in hot4s Wed, 19 January 2005 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
who is that leaning over to cop a feel of stitt?
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: toymods in hot4s Thu, 20 January 2005 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dizzy wrote on Thu, 20 January 2005 01:19

monkeymajik wrote on Wed, 19 January 2005 20:22

hahahah, zoolander...
that quote is teh funnay

hot4's has always been interested in the toymod's group. i remember back when there was a double feature of ta22 in this one magazine. i think it was rod's celica + someone elses.
but yeah, mmost toymodders don't have 20" rims and spinners or massif body kits and big wings so they don't fit into the targeted market audience (which is also a blessing)

-strober

yes that was Yogi's green Celica and rods white 1
http://forums.toymods.org.au/images/custom_avatars/4
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: toymods in hot4s Thu, 20 January 2005 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm, my bad, didnt realise i wasnt allowed to post that stuff. i can email to anyone who wants them i guess, but that will be a large email, about 400 kb per image, and there will be 5 images or so.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: toymods in hot4s Thu, 20 January 2005 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i hate you glen.

p.s. kiddies, im not really on acid. acid is bad. what you see there is an effect called "red eye", caused by unbelievable levels of shock and horror after seeing stitt trying to squeeze into that top....
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: toymods in hot4s Thu, 20 January 2005 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Thu, 20 January 2005 10:03

who is that leaning over to cop a feel of stitt?

I reckon that arm belongs to suprapete.

Feel free to correct.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: toymods in hot4s Thu, 20 January 2005 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha! Smile

Either that or you were thinking of the Cougar girl Wink
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: toymods in hot4s Fri, 21 January 2005 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just got it 2 day. very happy my was in it Very Happy and glen your famous bro Laughing there is a pic of u looking at "driftme"
Laughing
IronWanker
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Re: toymods in hot4s Fri, 21 January 2005 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
towe_001 wrote on Thu, 20 January 2005 01:32

Oh fuck yes ! Recycled paper would be the go, not that glossy crap, to show people that we're a bunch of thoughtful, mature and caring motor enthusiasts that respect the enviroment Very Happy
Well most of us Laughing

An issue every 2nd month or so. feature 2 or 3 cars from the members (not just toyotas) , a day in the life of a member, cool web sites to have a look at, tech stuff and at the end of the year have a couple of pages indexing all the articles for the year.

What about a monthly/bi monthly email magazine, done in PDF format and sent to anyone who subscribes? that way it could be in colour, there are no printing costs and no mailing costs.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: toymods in hot4s Fri, 21 January 2005 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heehee - glen will be getting much of the photochop!!

that is, once i obtain permissions from the owner of the photo Very Happy
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: toymods in hot4s Fri, 21 January 2005 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Fri, 21 January 2005 15:11

heehee - glen will be getting much of the photochop!!

oh.... ass.
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: toymods in hot4s Fri, 21 January 2005 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IronWanker wrote on Fri, 21 January 2005 13:35

<snip>

What about a monthly/bi monthly email magazine, done in PDF format and sent to anyone who subscribes? that way it could be in colour, there are no printing costs and no mailing costs.

there are heaps of costs (dollar wise and time) associated with doing this:
-you still have to all the layout, source the scans, write the articles etc
-you need decent software (quark/indesign/photoshop/acrobat) to do this well
-you run up an enourmous bandwidth bill sending hi-res PDFs
-you piss of broadband users by filling mailboxes with extremely large email attachments
-you piss off dailup users by forcing them to download huge files or to make thefile small enough to take a reasonable time to download you compress and downsample the crap out of the images so they're next-to-useless
-you have to maintain a large repository of PDF files online

at my work (a gov't department) we've settled on PDFs limited to 250K and converting newsletters to a combined email with story summaries and links to a part of the web site with more text and pictures.

im my experience (and i've been doing this since '92), there is no 'cheap' magazine or newsletter solution

towe_001: most decent and printable recycled paper is imported and/or expensive. And most australian recycled paper is for carboard boxes and toilet paper. If you want 'green' paper, go for plantation+recycled, non-chlorine bleached, oz-made, coated paper.

I do the Toyota Car Club Qld newsletter and it's lots of work (from grand ideas, writing, searching, thru to organsing copying), i'd expect that the toymod's club newsletter (if it has one?) is a simialr struggle to get out each month. I'm sure that the toymods club would appreciate help and contributions Smile
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: toymods in hot4s Fri, 21 January 2005 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is that you john ?

BTW whens my membership due for the TCCAQ??
Kyosho
Regular

November 2004
Re: toymods in hot4s Sat, 22 January 2005 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thechuckster wrote on Fri, 21 January 2005 20:57

IronWanker wrote on Fri, 21 January 2005 13:35

<snip>

there are heaps of costs (dollar wise and time) associated with doing this:
-you still have to all the layout, source the scans, write the articles etc
-you need decent software (quark/indesign/photoshop/acrobat) to do this well
-you run up an enourmous bandwidth bill sending hi-res PDFs
-you piss of broadband users by filling mailboxes with extremely large email attachments
-you piss off dailup users by forcing them to download huge files or to make thefile small enough to take a reasonable time to download you compress and downsample the crap out of the images so they're next-to-useless
-you have to maintain a large repository of PDF files online

at my work (a gov't department) we've settled on PDFs limited to 250K and converting newsletters to a combined email with story summaries and links to a part of the web site with more text and pictures.

im my experience (and i've been doing this since '92), there is no 'cheap' magazine or newsletter solution

towe_001: most decent and printable recycled paper is imported and/or expensive. And most australian recycled paper is for carboard boxes and toilet paper. If you want 'green' paper, go for plantation+recycled, non-chlorine bleached, oz-made, coated paper.

I do the Toyota Car Club Qld newsletter and it's lots of work (from grand ideas, writing, searching, thru to organsing copying), i'd expect that the toymod's club newsletter (if it has one?) is a simialr struggle to get out each month. I'm sure that the toymods club would appreciate help and contributions Smile

I have to agree on every account that the PDF file is bad...
My local car club wants to try this, I am hugely opposed...
My main reason is bandwidth taking up and download times since MOST members are on dial up...
It takes a fair bit of time, and effort to pull a mag togethor properly...
Our car club one takes around 19hours to put togethor about 10 pages, and even then, it's no where near top level...

Getting pictures looking proper does take a fair bit...
It wouldn't be too bad though if a website was started for a "Magazine"
Say like $10 a year from each subscriber to view the website mag, log in credentials needed (Might be a hassle to set up, I know it is tricky) but then tehre is still the issue of someones time...
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: toymods in hot4s Sat, 22 January 2005 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thechuckster wrote on Fri, 21 January 2005 20:57

I was having a dig at the idea. But with what you've said got my gears working cause i'm a member of "The Wilderness Society" and the paper they use in their newsletters are recycled. I'm wondering if its this 'green' paper thats being used or is my money going o/s for the recycled stuff instead of being used for the protection of Tassies old growth trees.
Quote:

I do the Toyota Car Club Qld

True ! Any chance on info on how to join?
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: toymods in hot4s Tue, 25 January 2005 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob_RA40 wrote on Wed, 19 January 2005 20:21

sad...

What's wrong with girls???

My missus was pretty happy that she made it into the article Laughing Razz
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: toymods in hot4s Tue, 25 January 2005 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86slut wrote on Tue, 25 January 2005 16:47

My missus was pretty happy that she made it into the article Laughing Razz

I bet you were too! As now you can read about cars and have a lend of yourself all from the one mag............nice
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: toymods in hot4s Fri, 28 January 2005 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just got the mag and like the pics they put in. I think it is great that they want to support the car clubs. Bag the mag if you want, thats the market they are aiming at but at least be appreciative of their interest, especially the editor at large, driving around in a very sexy looking RA28 Very Happy
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: toymods in hot4s Fri, 28 January 2005 03:13 Go to previous message
towe_001 wrote on Sat, 22 January 2005 22:21[quote title=Quote:

I do the Toyota Car Club Qld

True ! Any chance on info on how to join?[/quote]

good to hear interest in us Qld mob.

there's a meeting once a month at 4x4xmore at salisbury - 1st tuesday of every month.

there's usually a cruise on the third sunday of every month

plans are afoot to start this years' nav runs - run at night - and there are also social events (motorkhana, gokarts, technites, etc)

send an email to the secretary asking for a newsletter (which has a membership form inside every issue):
stefan - stan7940@yahoo.com

as for the hot4's article - shame there's a lack of written info about the cars and the clubs, but good coverage!

cheers, charles
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:how much for a respray
Next Topic:Cheap way to transport car interstate
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 14:48:27 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0099949836730957 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.