Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
levindogcom
Regular

September 2004
guess how much is this alarm kit Wed, 19 January 2005 18:29 Go to next message
http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/users/41d98d35z7c2fa325/125c/__sr_/98a0.jpg?phMrq7BBrMKBf.du

http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/users/41d98d35z7c2fa325/125c/__sr_/2106.jpg?phMrq7BBLrqEqogE

does anyone know how much if i want someone to install this kit to my car?

[Updated on: Wed, 19 January 2005 18:30]

Send a private message to this user    
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: guess how much is this alarm kit Wed, 19 January 2005 21:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pictures arent working
davedrifts
Regular

Banned User

September 2004
Re: guess how much is this alarm kit Thu, 20 January 2005 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
four thousand dollars. (Note: im an idiot)
levindogcom
Regular

September 2004
Re: guess how much is this alarm kit Thu, 20 January 2005 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this kit cost me less than 100 bucks, if you can't see the pic, go to here http://photos.yahoo.com/itemdogcom

[Updated on: Thu, 20 January 2005 02:06]

arena
Regular

January 2003
      ?
Re: guess how much is this alarm kit Thu, 20 January 2005 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any auto electrician should be able to install this alarm at a reasonable cost of $200. it really depends on what car it is and wether they need to install any extra relay's.

mr a.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: guess how much is this alarm kit Thu, 20 January 2005 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you do realise that your insurance company will laugh at you for installing this alarm.

it does not comply with australian standard and hence no aussie insurance company will consider it acceptable for insurance purposes.

nb: the reson (at least one) it isnt aust standards ok is aust standard alarms must have ALL BLACK wiring. so you cant just "cut the red wire" to kill the thing.

perhpas this is worth thinking of before you go chopping up electricals installing this thing.
levindogcom
Regular

September 2004
Re: guess how much is this alarm kit Fri, 21 January 2005 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is this one comply with australian standard?
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;category=31250&item=4519521454&rd=1
levindogcom
Regular

September 2004
Re: guess how much is this alarm kit Fri, 21 January 2005 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where can i get information for aust standard alarm?
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: guess how much is this alarm kit Fri, 21 January 2005 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
visit your local jaycar store or search their site online:
www.jaycar.com.au
they sell a range of stuff that will suit your (and your insurer's) requirements.

failing that, get one of these and train it to sleep in the car:
http://www.petplanet.co.uk/petplanet/images/breeds/gsd3680.jpg

Smile
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: guess how much is this alarm kit Sat, 22 January 2005 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
None of the "Steelmate" alarms are AS/NZS approved.
You will find most "alarms" are not approved (AS/NZS 4601:2000 I think)... usually if an alarm has an approval it will be the immobiliser approval AS/NZS 4601:1999 and so they will advertise it as an immobiliser.

Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: guess how much is this alarm kit Sat, 22 January 2005 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thechuckster wrote on Fri, 21 January 2005 15:06

www.jaycar.com.au
they sell a range of stuff that will suit your (and your insurer's) requirements.

Smile

hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: guess how much is this alarm kit Sat, 22 January 2005 15:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Les wrote on Sat, 22 January 2005 22:02

thechuckster wrote on Fri, 21 January 2005 15:06

www.jaycar.com.au

Smile

hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Although the german shepherd security system would work quite well to ward of would be thieves I'm sure that once installed your interior would get damaged... plus you have to pay for the monitoring, registration, repairs etc.
levindogcom
Regular

September 2004
Re: guess how much is this alarm kit Sat, 22 January 2005 17:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so what will happen if i fit this alarm into my car?
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: guess how much is this alarm kit Sun, 23 January 2005 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get one of these bad boys put in

www.brant.com.au

top notch alarms and the insurance companies love them.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: guess how much is this alarm kit Sun, 23 January 2005 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anything is good alsong as it has black wiring but dont get a microwave alarm as they go off really easily but one with glass breakage sensors with a 2 or 3 stage emobilizer should suffice. I got one with a turbo timer and 2 stage imobilizer installed for 450 but expect to pay more if you want central locking if you dont have one of those door open buttons.
levindogcom
Regular

September 2004
Re: guess how much is this alarm kit Wed, 16 February 2005 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Wed, 16 February 2005 06:38]

levindogcom
Regular

September 2004
Re: guess how much is this alarm kit Wed, 16 February 2005 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Thu, 20 January 2005 22:09

you do realise that your insurance company will laugh at you for installing this alarm.

it does not comply with australian standard and hence no aussie insurance company will consider it acceptable for insurance purposes.

nb: the reson (at least one) it isnt aust standards ok is aust standard alarms must have ALL BLACK wiring. so you cant just "cut the red wire" to kill the thing.

perhpas this is worth thinking of before you go chopping up electricals installing this thing.

i've been told by a mechanic today, this alarm kit is australia stardand... and aust standard alarms doesn't has to be all black wiring....
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: guess how much is this alarm kit Wed, 16 February 2005 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
levindogcom wrote on Wed, 16 February 2005 14:43

toof wrote on Thu, 20 January 2005 22:09

i've been told by a mechanic today, this alarm kit is australia stardand... and aust standard alarms doesn't has to be all black wiring....

Yes it does
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: guess how much is this alarm kit Wed, 16 February 2005 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
levindogcom wrote on Wed, 16 February 2005 17:43

I'm not sure about Aust. standard, but I know for a fact that they won't be insurance company approved. Which in short means: If you insurance company requires you to have an alarm and it doesn't meet their specifications, you won't get paid out.
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: guess how much is this alarm kit Wed, 16 February 2005 06:57 Go to previous message
As you said you saw a mechanic, if you want proper information either see a proper alarm installer or ring your insurance company. Either way it has to be full black wiring.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Microtech Info
Next Topic:I need a goal
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 20:48:24 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0060789585113525 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.