Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
best gear change rpm? 4age 100kw Fri, 02 July 2004 14:06 Go to next message
g'day guys.

im just wondering what RPM u guys think is best to change at when dragging? ive got the 100kw engine in an ae82 and i change at about 7000rpm.

opinions?
  Send a private message to this user    
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: best gear change rpm? 4age 100kw Fri, 02 July 2004 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for fucks sake....

just change gears!
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: best gear change rpm? 4age 100kw Fri, 02 July 2004 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how about fuk you simon!

if u dont wana reply, dont reply, go give some1 else shit.

this is a forum, asking questions and answering them is how forums work.

im just askin what other people change gears at for best results. its as simple question

if u dont like it, TS.
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: best gear change rpm? 4age 100kw Fri, 02 July 2004 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ur going to hate my answer more than simons

Go get your car dynoed
Go learn how to anti derrive an equation (maths methods here)
Plot an equation to your dyno graph that fits nicely
Figure out how many rpm u drop for each gear change.
Use that rpm change to find out where on the graph you have the most area under the graph. ie: if your car drops 700rpm from 4th to 5th, antiderrive the equation using a spread of 700rpm to find the point that gives you the greatest area under the graph. The upper limit of that point is where you should change.

Do the above for the other gears too.
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: best gear change rpm? 4age 100kw Fri, 02 July 2004 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for that evil. its good to know there are still some healpful people in forums these days.

once again, id just like to add, fuk you simon.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: best gear change rpm? 4age 100kw Fri, 02 July 2004 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
change as close to rev limit without actually hitting rev limit. Rev limit i've found is about 7600rpm
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: best gear change rpm? 4age 100kw Fri, 02 July 2004 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE92 hard redline was 8025rpm.
Change before you hit that.
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: best gear change rpm? 4age 100kw Fri, 02 July 2004 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Sat, 03 July 2004 09:22

change as close to rev limit without actually hitting rev limit. Rev limit i've found is about 7600rpm

i'm with witzl, change just befor redline so u hit peak power when u drop it into the next gear.(dont drive like this all the time thou coz ur car wontlast long Razz )

carsanactra wrote on Sat, 03 July 2004 00:34

once again, id just like to add, fuk you simon.

Laughing . such hostility....
ROLLA GTi
Regular

September 2003
Re: best gear change rpm? 4age 100kw Sat, 03 July 2004 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Sat, 03 July 2004 09:22

yep thats what i do

seems to work well Razz
Drift Technician
Regular

March 2004
Re: best gear change rpm? 4age 100kw Sat, 03 July 2004 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mines a jdm ae86 with 100kw 4age and rev limiter is set at 8200rpm.... Is this normal?
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: best gear change rpm? 4age 100kw Sat, 03 July 2004 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lmao

grow up you idiot.

I was simply stating what was on everyones elses mind...
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: best gear change rpm? 4age 100kw Sat, 03 July 2004 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok i say put the dam thing on a dyno and find the peak power that way, then change about 200rpms after the peak power on the dyno read out.
ae824age
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: best gear change rpm? 4age 100kw Sat, 03 July 2004 17:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I also believe 7600 is about right...(just got back from a drive)
My 100kw (also in AE82) revs fairly easy to there...it loves it Very Happy
NuGeN
Regular

April 2003
Re: best gear change rpm? 4age 100kw Fri, 21 January 2005 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Intensevil wrote on Sat, 03 July 2004 00:02

Go get your car dynoed
Use that rpm change to find out where on the graph you have the most area under the graph. ie: if your car drops 700rpm from 4th to 5th, antiderrive the equation using a spread of 700rpm to find the point that gives you the greatest area under the graph. The upper limit of that point is where you should change.

Such an interesting reply
Do you know of any websites that goes into it in detail?
Finally there's a practical use to learning how to anti derive an equation!
DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: best gear change rpm? 4age 100kw Fri, 21 January 2005 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HEY GUYS TELL ME HOW TO DRIVE LAWLS Embarassed Mad Laughing Laughing Sad Smile Smile Very Happy Very Happy Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Cool Evil or Very Mad
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: best gear change rpm? 4age 100kw Fri, 21 January 2005 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no idea about finding a website related to that. The hardest bit would be just fiting a graph that suits the dyno graph, although even thats not hard if you know what your doing.

Unless you want to do a LOT of maths work, just change gears when you feel power drop off
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: best gear change rpm? 4age 100kw Fri, 21 January 2005 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Intensevil wrote on Sat, 03 July 2004 00:32

Go get your car dynoed

shit house where did you learn that off? that's bloody amazing. i thought graphs were to make it look good but that's a pretty nice reply
General_Bupkiss
Regular

August 2004
Re: best gear change rpm? 4age 100kw Fri, 21 January 2005 20:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I always do the 200rpm after drop off, and umless I am mistaken a standard 100kw 4age drops off at approx 7000prm, so usally change at just over 7000rpm
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: best gear change rpm? 4age 100kw Sat, 22 January 2005 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
carsanactra wrote on Sat, 03 July 2004 00:06

g'day guys.

im just wondering what RPM u guys think is best to change at when dragging? ive got the 100kw engine in an ae82 and i change at about 7000rpm.

opinions?

Change it when it hits the redline you can usually hear when its just before fuel/iginition cut.
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: best gear change rpm? 4age 100kw Sat, 22 January 2005 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd change it just as power drops off
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: best gear change rpm? 4age 100kw Sat, 22 January 2005 09:50 Go to previous message
carsanactra dont drive a car by it's tacho all the time. Use the tacho while you get a feeling for what the car can do, rev it out, see where it makes it's power up to, and get to know what the engine sounds like at that RPM. Then shift when you know it sounds right.

If you really need a visual market get a shift light and set it to the desired RPM.

Just remember everyone's engine is a little different, yours may rev out more or less, just experiment a little.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Double Demerits 21-26 Jan 2005
Next Topic:Bike helemts (Anybody in sydney got one to lend?)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 21:55:09 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055720806121826 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.