Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » N/A AW11 MR2...??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
vsvsicks
Newcomer

January 2005
N/A AW11 MR2...?? Fri, 21 January 2005 12:08 Go to next message
Hey all,
my first post on this forum Very Happy , anyway I have a mate who has a AW11 MR2 which is manual and non-supercharged. I didn't realise that there was a non-supercharged version... but anyway I was really excited to have a drive as I've never driven a Mid-engined car before, but was a little surprised when he popped the bonnet (boot?? Embarassed ) and there was a distinct lack of a supercharger.

He is planning on doing a conversion with a 4ag-ze half cut from an aw11, the problem is I'm worried about all the other bits and pieces he'll have to change, will he be better off (from a financial standpoint) to just sell the car and buy a supercharged version?? Or would modifying the current 4ag-e, net a better result? Ie the 4ag-te article?

what do you peeps think? I'm just trying to save him some $$$ and maybe some heartache Smile
  Send a private message to this user    
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: N/A AW11 MR2...?? Fri, 21 January 2005 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a AW11 was only delivered to Aust as a na 4age. the s/c 4agze model are imports.

i did a 4agze conversion into my aust delivered aw11 in 1999, i bought a 4agze half-cut which made it all basically a bolt in conversion. not that hard at all.

turbo'ing the current engine set-up can yeild great results as well if done correctly.

what year is your friends aw11?
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: N/A AW11 MR2...?? Fri, 21 January 2005 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i bought a SC halfcut and just turboed it straight away Very Happy
The way i see it, why bother with the supercharger when your going to put a turbo on it later!

If you have one of the later model ones the only difference between that engine and the ze is the pistons. The rest of it is all the same ie, block, crank, rods
If it is a late model one i say just pull the engine out, rebuild it with a nice set of forged pistons (which you can get from toyota for about $100 each) better bearings and maybe ARP bolts and there you have it......A nice 4agte.

Granted you will have to change the injectors and computer. Otherwise you should be good to go Smile

Whichever way you go, just try not to spend money twice.....

Good luck
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: N/A AW11 MR2...?? Fri, 21 January 2005 19:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doesn't the ZE though have oil squirters, which is definately not on my 89 NA (which is currently sitting around for sale if anyone wants it).
Mr Revhead
Regular

October 2004
Re: N/A AW11 MR2...?? Fri, 21 January 2005 20:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the oil squirters didnt come in the 4age/ze untill 5th month 89 and then only in ae92 vehicles
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: N/A AW11 MR2...?? Fri, 21 January 2005 21:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh yeah, if you have the lsd box you will have to change the LHS engine mount to make it fit properly cause the mount on this one sits higher than on the NA.

And i don't want to hear anyone saying that you should just slot the mount on the car cause that is the tight ass way of doing it.......! Plus it puts a lot of strain on that mount.
vsvsicks
Newcomer

January 2005
Re: N/A AW11 MR2...?? Sat, 22 January 2005 05:45 Go to previous message
Thanks for the replys
just wondering what kind of times are you guys running down the strip if you've tested it? I'm not sure what year it is but I'll find out, I told him about this site so maybe he'll be browsing around and find this topic Laughing

Just wondering is it possible to use a 4agze from a AE92 GTZ in an AW11?? because fwd and mr cars use a similar system to drive the wheels don't they?? or is it completely different? is he better to just get a late AW11 half cut? or maybe try an AE92 front cut??
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:aircompressor 2 paint car with?
Next Topic:Removing black strips on RA60 plus 22RE head on 21Rc?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 16 12:25:11 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.004951000213623 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.