Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Kodoku
Regular

January 2005
Levin to a Trueno Sat, 22 January 2005 16:02 Go to next message
Is it possible to convert a Levin into a Trueno?
  Send a private message to this user    
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Levin to a Trueno Sat, 22 January 2005 20:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86 or ae92?

the answer is yes and yes.

a few ppl have done it b4 on ae86, u should be able to find something. try the search button.

as for ae92, its possible. u have to change all the front panels, bonet, fenders, front bar.

mikey93
Regular

December 2004
Re: Levin to a Trueno Sat, 22 January 2005 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
b1gb3n wrote on Sun, 23 January 2005 07:33

ae86 or ae92?
as for ae92, its possible. u have to change all the front panels, bonet, fenders, front bar.

same thing as the ae86 Laughing
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Levin to a Trueno Sun, 23 January 2005 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you also need trueno bumper brackets
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Levin to a Trueno Sun, 23 January 2005 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very possibel but very expensive and very hard to find panels ect

just ask shcao on the forums
he and his brother have done a coversion each!
dare you to ask them the price lol
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Levin to a Trueno Sun, 23 January 2005 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
levin looks better anyways i thinks
4AGE
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Levin to a Trueno Sun, 23 January 2005 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can give u every info on the bumpers. When buying panels. Make sure u get EVERYTHING!

1/4 mounts
bumper mounts.
bonnet/grill mounts and latches.
All the wiring and control box + motors.

And no it is NOT a straight BOLT on.
The inner lower levin headlight mount has to be cut out to mount the headlights.

Straight forward if u done it before. But for anyone else to attempt this. U might as well bring in a jap spec trueno. The end result and amount less of shitting around is well worth the money.

Plus... Its JDMMM!!!!! OHHHH!!! Laughing
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Levin to a Trueno Sun, 23 January 2005 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my trueno front end didn't cost that much to buy.
But then again, every single part I used was rusted bent and broken! hahahahahah So the panel beating job to get it repaired costed over 1000 hahahah

ae86drift: The bonnet I started off with was nice, but I had donate that to my brother who smashed his...

As for my brothers ride, he got his whole JDM drift coupe cheap. (he bought a mildly tuned drift GT APEX trueno coupe for less than 5k!! this was quite a few years back).

[Updated on: Sun, 23 January 2005 08:06]

FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: Levin to a Trueno Sun, 23 January 2005 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A bloke in in Newcastle just paid $1400 for the panels and installed himself, he said is was a peice of cake. Straight fit.

Im not sure what 4AGE is refering to, i only say what i hear.

Cheers

Steve
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Levin to a Trueno Sun, 23 January 2005 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can confirm with 4age, you HAVE to cut away at your headlight mounts..

It's just hard to know where to cut if you haven't done it before.

You try to fit the headlights, it doesn't go in, and your like WTF?? maybe my headlights are fuked. Or my Shell is warped..
Laughing Laughing Laughing
4AGE
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Levin to a Trueno Sun, 23 January 2005 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There are many reasons why i mentioned the items.

1)If u don't get the trueno 1/4 panel/bumper supports. The front section of the 1/4 and the side section of the front bumper are flimsy as fuck because they don't line up. They use the same holes as levin but the mounting point on the panel is different.

2) Trueno headlights are different. Because they use 2 mounting holes on the top of the radiator support and two beside the radiator. The mounts are lower than the levin headlights. So naturally they do obstruct. I have poor quality photos. But until the need to post them up. I won't do so.

3) The latching system.
It is slightly different. The grill supports come out further and are 3 point. Because the trueno grill comes out further and the levin latch mounts for the grill won't secure the grille. So if u want teh grill so be safe from prying hands. Try to get your hands on the trueno bonnet latch.

Secondly the trueno bonnet release lever is longer. Making it much easier to open the bonnet. Again. Because the trueno bonnet is longer.

4) the wiring.
Get all of it. Get it all factory hopefully. I stress on this. Because u won't have no pop up lights if u dun have the correct wiring. I am kinda bracing myself on this statement. Because i have still not been able to solve my headlight problem. Mainly coz i cannot get my hands on the relay control box to use the bastards.

Thats my summary of the parts n wishful list of parts u wanna get when u buy a trueno front set of panels. Feel free to kick my ass if i got any of it wrong. Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope

[Updated on: Sun, 23 January 2005 23:18]

4AGE
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Levin to a Trueno Sun, 23 January 2005 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh i missed an item too.
The inner guards can be chopped.
Levin inner 1/4 trims can be chopped to fit trueno.

Dirty_Sanchez
Regular

January 2004

Re: Levin to a Trueno Sun, 23 January 2005 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just curious but are the pop up lights the same or very similar to any other toyota's?
J-AE86
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Levin to a Trueno Sun, 23 January 2005 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think some of the wiring and control box is similar to those of the older celicas, you can try making up a relay yourself, but simple fact is its a bitch and don't bother it won't work, unless your some electrical guru.

What 4age said is correct.
4AGE
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Levin to a Trueno Mon, 24 January 2005 00:41 Go to previous message
I've thought about a few relay boxes i can use. Mainly the earlier celicas n supras. Main fact is alot of wreckers dont go prying under the dash to remove it. So hopefully i'll come across one in good nick. N get it for free n see what happens. Not game paying 120 bux for a ma61 headlight retractor box if it aint going to do the trick.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:W55 on 3S-GTE
Next Topic:remote keyless entry
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 20:57:18 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0065798759460449 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.