Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Kimber
Occasional Poster

Banned Again

January 2005
Re: Fave band/group Fri, 21 January 2005 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daemon wrote on Thu, 20 January 2005 21:24

Sepultura. No doubts about it. (altho I dont own anything after Roots for good reasons of course)

Ive got so many Sepultura CD's, ive lost count of them. Shit ive even got a Tribute album and a bootleg from 91. All I need is the first two LP's and Ive got everything (bar the singles, im not that much of a fan Laughing)

Anyway, I really dislike the new 'thrash' metal such as Children Of bodom, Cradle, at the gates etc. I find them rather pathetic and whiney. But one band ive been enjoying of late is Nightwish and the album Once.

How old are you talking? COB isn't new.
  Send a private message to this user    
muzzi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Fave band/group Fri, 21 January 2005 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
placebo
radiohead
korn
slipknot
deftones
sepultura
ill nino
katatonia
opeth
butterfly effect
funeral for a friend

heaps Smile
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Fave band/group Fri, 21 January 2005 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fujiwara_ToFu wrote on Fri, 21 January 2005 05:25

i was going to say smashing pumpkins (my fave high school band) but then i realised how ugly billy corgans voice sounds.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Mellon collie and the inifinite sadness is my favorite album of theirs. the mid 90's was good for music as I descovered desecnt music about this time. I was like 11 years old in 1995. I'd hate too see what crap I'd be listing too now if I didn't descover bands like the Smashing Pumpkins. I wasn't a big fan of Zwan but for some reason Rolling Eyes (must be Corgans voice Razz) I think he is a good musican but.
muzzi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Fave band/group Fri, 21 January 2005 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i forgot tool, apc, rammstein, disturbed, spineshank and staticx
Daemon
Regular

May 2004
Re: Fave band/group Fri, 21 January 2005 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kimber wrote on Fri, 21 January 2005 11:47

Daemon wrote on Thu, 20 January 2005 21:24

Sepultura. No doubts about it. (altho I dont own anything after Roots for good reasons of course)

Ive got so many Sepultura CD's, ive lost count of them. Shit ive even got a Tribute album and a bootleg from 91. All I need is the first two LP's and Ive got everything (bar the singles, im not that much of a fan Laughing)

Anyway, I really dislike the new 'thrash' metal such as Children Of bodom, Cradle, at the gates etc. I find them rather pathetic and whiney. But one band ive been enjoying of late is Nightwish and the album Once.

How old are you talking? COB isn't new.

So I was refering more to the 'new' style, than the band itself. I think theres some little differences in Aussie and NZ's definitions of Metal bands, sorry.
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Fave band/group Fri, 21 January 2005 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do any of you like segression? i havent heard them for ages. my fav songs were 'dr. a-hype' and 'smile'
Fujiwara_ToFu
Regular

March 2004

Re: Fave band/group Sat, 22 January 2005 18:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mick wrote on Fri, 21 January 2005 15:00

Fujiwara_ToFu wrote on Fri, 21 January 2005 05:25

i was going to say smashing pumpkins (my fave high school band) but then i realised how ugly billy corgans voice sounds.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Mellon collie and the inifinite sadness is my favorite album of theirs. the mid 90's was good for music as I descovered desecnt music about this time. I was like 11 years old in 1995. I'd hate too see what crap I'd be listing too now if I didn't descover bands like the Smashing Pumpkins. I wasn't a big fan of Zwan but for some reason Rolling Eyes (must be Corgans voice Razz) I think he is a good musican but.

Yeh, same here dude.

I was the only asian in my year level to appreciate other types of music other than techno and Rap/R&B/hip hop (same shit really)

Favourite tracks from tthat album from the top of my head is... hmm bullet with butterfly wings, jellybelly, tonight tonight (classic!)

Adore was probably my fave album (appels and oranjes, perfect, ava adore)

Machina was good too... stand inside ur love, the imploding voice etc.

Their reason for leaving the music industry was "pop music is taking over etc. etc. and our record sales are getting crap"...
maybe they should scrap billy and get maynard (as if tool and APC wasn't enuf) maybe they wouldve pulled thru Razz

-Jay
Fujiwara_ToFu
Regular

March 2004

Re: Fave band/group Sat, 22 January 2005 18:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
also, how good is rob zombie? Laughing

-Jay
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Fave band/group Sun, 23 January 2005 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't mind Rob Zombie. I've only got Hellbilly Delux but. should by more of his stuff.
Major Clod
Regular

August 2003
Re: Fave band/group Sun, 23 January 2005 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mellon Collie is an awesome album, some really, really good tracks. Adore took a bit of getting used to, but I really enjoy it now!

I'm 20 and only really got into these bands over the last 5-7 years. If only I was born five/ten years earlier I would have been able to see all my favourites, what I would have given to be at the 1994 BDO.

Unfortunately I've missed the pumpkins, soundgarden, AiC and gunners live. Still I have seen my all time favourites Pearl Jam a few years back, and hope to go see them a few times on a european tour in the next few years.

I like barely any new bands these days. The only ones I do like are made up of members from my favourite bands anyway. APC, Audioslave, Qotsa, etc...

Can't wait for waveaid, I really wanted to see the oils live at least once in my life!
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Fave band/group Sun, 23 January 2005 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
slipknot, metallica, disturbed, static x, mudvayne, coal chamber, sepultura, sugar hill gang, fat boys. Grand master Flash. can't think of any more!
hokey
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Fave band/group Sun, 23 January 2005 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anythin they play on gold, metalica, sonat actica, megadeath, gta vice radio stations, slayer, led zep, acdc, the darkness.
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Fave band/group Thu, 27 January 2005 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hokey wrote on Mon, 24 January 2005 10:27

gta vice radio stations

Defently GTA Vice City has an awsome bunch of radio stations. especally V ROCK and WAVE 103 there my two favorite stations.

toyotacorona
Regular

May 2004
Re: Fave band/group Thu, 27 January 2005 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how could we forget Iron Maiden & the white stripes
+ most metal
torque
Regular

May 2003
Re: Fave band/group Thu, 27 January 2005 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think there are a LOT of heavy metal bevans here by the sounds of it!! (.. ducks while waiting flaming!)

Does anybody have any aural capacity remaining in their tired middle ear? he he he.. (I like it too, so don't flame me too much!)

Has anyone heard concorde crash?!

I will vote for them as my fav at the mo..
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Fave band/group Thu, 27 January 2005 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mudvayne
Sevendust
Static-X
Jerk
In Flames
Godsmack
White Stripes
Superheist
Grinspoon
A Perfect Circle
Tool
The Tea Party
Drowning Pool
Audioslave
Disturbed
Bush
Nine Inch Nails
System Of a Down
Sunk Loto
Live
Spineshank
The Music <--- Kicked ass at the BDO

I also checked out Wolfmother yesterday at the BDO and they were quite possibly my favourite band of the whole day! They sound a fair bit like Led Zeppelin.
Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Fave band/group Thu, 27 January 2005 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha what an awesome thread. so many good bands have been mentioned. ill pretty much listen to any good bands/rock groups right through from the 70's to the present, but my preferred listening would be hard rock and heavy(ier) metal lol. fav band would probably be Godsmack, surprised no one else here listens to them or has mentioned them, Sully Erna's vocals are incredible, they named themselves after a song from another one of the great bands, Alice in Chains, now i cant believe no one has mentioned them!! Shocked

Disturbed, Pearl Jam, Mudvayne, Ill Nino, all awesome bands. Smile
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Fave band/group Thu, 27 January 2005 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I mentioned Godsmack Above... How awesome is Vampires (track 9) off AWAKE?
Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Fave band/group Fri, 28 January 2005 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benjamin wrote on Fri, 28 January 2005 00:30

I mentioned Godsmack Above... How awesome is Vampires (track 9) off AWAKE?

haha shit sorry dude didnt see them in you're post. yeh awesome track that, the whole Awake album is good, i actually cant fail any of the albums or the songs on them. Smile
mxchris69
Occasional Poster

Banned User

June 2004
Re: Fave band/group Fri, 28 January 2005 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NWA are the best ever
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Fave band/group Fri, 28 January 2005 04:11 Go to previous message
LOL @ NWA HAHA

The Roots
Musiq Soulchild
Santana
Scribe
Al Green
George Benson
Lionel Richie
Bob Marley
Stevie Wonder
Alicia Keys
Lucey Pearl
Maxwell
Eric Benet

Heaps more!
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:new ae86 fourm
Next Topic:You know its raining in Brisbane when..
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 11:53:59 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0065209865570068 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.