Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » MA61 parts pricing??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
suprav8
Regular

May 2002
MA61 parts pricing?? Sat, 22 January 2005 11:02 Go to next message
Just curious as to why MA61 parts are worth stuff all.Now normaly when something is rare or hard to find it`s worth money, but not so when it comes to MA61`s..........Let`s say i was to sell a right hand guard in good condition i`d be offered maybe at best $50??...Wheels, maybe $150,Bonnet $100??....ETC... Not even worth my time pulling it off for the person who wanted it....so can someone please tell me why parts that seem to be hard to come by are worth so little??????................
cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: MA61 parts pricing?? Sun, 23 January 2005 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wouldn't quite say they are cheap.. i bought 2 indicators lens (yes peices of plastic) for $90 each... is that cheap ?
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MA61 parts pricing?? Sun, 23 January 2005 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
because people are bargain hunting swine for some items ..

We get the same with Group A bargain hunters ..

had one jolly joker offer me 300 for a genuine group a Bonnet - he was told NO ..

* btw suprav8 - when are you in cobden next - call in at my shop *
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: MA61 parts pricing?? Sun, 23 January 2005 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as stu said

people on toymods are tight and trying to get the best possible price they can.

Front end bits for an MA61 are worth a fair bit, because most accidents are front enders.

Its funny how an accident will mean your willing to pay anything for the parts you need.

I paid $200 for a front apron with good black strips.

Rims go for at least $300.

Intact front flares and guards should pick up a fairly hefty price.
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MA61 parts pricing?? Sun, 23 January 2005 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the parts are only ever worth what someone else is prepared to pay... pretty simple i thought

that siad, do you have a front, drivers side indicator lens in decent condition??

cheers
ed

PS- trd supra - ive got 2 spare pass side indc lenses, and i only expect to get 20-30ea for them. 90? you got screwed Mad
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 parts pricing?? Sun, 23 January 2005 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
edward - was the front apron still on that PNPL car when you saw it? I could use one (and hopefully not get reamed by those rip-off merchants)

some of the parts are worth heaps, some worth buggerall. for the piece of fibreglass it is, flares are fairly expensive. for a good condition seat, $100 would be a good price. front aprons cost your firstborn. a mint condition hatch with no rust will enable you to demand sexual favours from whoever you sell it to for the rest of your life.
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MA61 parts pricing?? Sun, 23 January 2005 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
front apron was straight, but needed the odd bit of fill and level + spray in the odd section where it had be gouged or abraded etc...

cost you like $80 though, so not too $$$

PNPL is cheap if you know when to shop, and how to deal with the guys, i always walk away with a major bargain... im suprised you think theyre ripoff merchants
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 parts pricing?? Sun, 23 January 2005 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've had 1 or 2 bad deals, 1 or 2 good deals.

They wanted to charge me $250 for twin AU falcon thermos with a FUBAR'd shroud.
I paid less for a new set with a warantee
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: MA61 parts pricing?? Sun, 23 January 2005 06:50 Go to previous message
ed_ma61 wrote on Sun, 23 January 2005 12:50

PS- trd supra - ive got 2 spare pass side indc lenses, and i only expect to get 20-30ea for them. 90? you got screwed Mad

they are brand new from toyota in japan!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:panel beaters. help?
Next Topic:2003 Tokyo nostalgic car show 86 it is animated picture of the festival.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 16 23:47:25 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0045499801635742 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.