Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ozboy
Regular

February 2004
Beams into TA22 Sat, 22 January 2005 05:03 Go to next message
all right i searched but couldnt find much...

To fit a beams 3sge and the six speed to suit will i have to cut a hole in my firewall???
Also is there anything specific that will need to be done to do this conversion? Apart from fuel system, engine/gearbox mounts and exaust???

Cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Beams into TA22 Sat, 22 January 2005 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You have to do everything you have to do for the 3S-GTE except the bellhousing and flywheel issues.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Beams into TA22 Sat, 22 January 2005 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Plenum will probably interfere with your clutch/brake master cylinders.
ozboy
Regular

February 2004
Re: Beams into TA22 Sun, 23 January 2005 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers fellas ill search for info into the 3sgte and how thats done
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: Beams into TA22 Sun, 23 January 2005 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The 6 speed is also rather substantial for a TA22 tranny tunnel. The shifter is a fair distance further back than the T50.

The gearbox swap has been done though so it's not impossible, maybe speak to thetoyman75 on here about it.

I have to say this would be an awesome conversion though.
CelicaRA45
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Beams into TA22 Sun, 23 January 2005 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just put the 5 speed supra in there is plenty of room as the ta22 /ra21 had the w steel case box in them in japan
ddeane
Regular

June 2002
Re: Beams into TA22 Sun, 23 January 2005 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you don't know qualify you comment as a comment. The 6 speed gearbox does not fit withour relieving the tunnel and extensive modification to the floor where the lever comes out. Try a search as I have posted a thread on fitting the 6n speed to a ta23.

Craig

CelicaRA45
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Beams into TA22 Sun, 23 January 2005 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I do know ,the gear stick will hit the handbrake ,where as the RA60 gearbox will come out in the same posi or near enough as i use to own a RA21 GT celica, had the same firewall to the back section as RA /TA22 series for japan only and from memory the stick was 50mm further back than the ta22 australian celica
ozboy
Regular

February 2004
Re: Beams into TA22 Sun, 23 January 2005 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I definately want the 6 speed!!!

Yeah i understand about cutting the hole in the tunnel but does the tunnel need to be made bigger to fit the box???

i dont mind how far back the shifter comes out thats one of the reasons i want this box My knee hits the shifter when im in fifth... But thats stock...

Has anyone done this conversion in a 22 or similar car??? id like too see it or just chat and pick their brains cheers
CelicaRA45
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Beams into TA22 Sun, 23 January 2005 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1st of all you have to find a altezza 3sge and 6speed ,the 6speed will be easier ,but most frt cuts have the 6 speed with it ,as i said i just use the supra as it takes the 270hp plus no worries and im not to sure of the power the asian warner can handle also for the spare parts that are availible for the supra compared to the 6speed unit why bother as 1st gear is a 3.8 against 3.2 supra
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: Beams into TA22 Sun, 23 January 2005 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes Rod, thetoyman75 has the 6 Speed in his TA22, that's why I said you should speak to him about it.

Yes the tunnel does need some modifying, but it's all feasable.
ozboy
Regular

February 2004
Re: Beams into TA22 Sun, 23 January 2005 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Celica ra45: im able to get my hands on a front cut so i want the six speed because who doesnt!!!
Joshstix: ill PM thetoyman shortly

Thanx guys for your help

Is the inlet manifold definately going to hit or is it just maybe??? and would quad throtts with trumpets apart from look ABSOLUTELY AWESUM solve this problem???
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Beams into TA22 Sun, 23 January 2005 21:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can't comment specifically about a TA22, but...the plenum caused a hassle in an AE86.
http://www.billzilla.org/ae863sgeinlet.jpg
From www.billzilla.com

The TRD quad throttle kit leaves enough room for an airbox in an RA40 (CelicaRA45's car). Rag covers the clutch master but you can clearly see there is plenty of space.
http://members.optusnet.com.au/gianttomato/Sprints/Glenns%20BEAMS2%20in%20car3.jpg

Search ddeane's old posts...he wrote a long dissertation about what exactly is required for the 6 speed to fit in a TA22.

[Updated on: Sun, 23 January 2005 21:28]

ozboy
Regular

February 2004
Re: Beams into TA22 Mon, 24 January 2005 11:20 Go to previous message
Wow they look really good are either of those guys in sydney id really like to go have a look!!!

Quad throtts are definately the go do they make much more power than the original plenum and also whats the cost of them from trd?

Thanx heaps guys for your help. If anyone can think of anything i might have missed your help would be greatly appreciated.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Ta22 T-50 in a AE86
Next Topic:100kw POWAH
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 21 01:16:50 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054712295532227 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.