Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 1.3 4k mod help.....

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
OldSchoolRolla
Occasional Poster

January 2005
1.3 4k mod help..... Mon, 24 January 2005 03:35 Go to next message
Hi everyone new to the forum.... i own an oldschool corolla coupe.......motor is a k series 4k 1.3, 5 speed manual. wanting to add sc14 supercharger....need info on any one who has done this on the 4k......any help would b great...also how can i modify the rear to avoid body roll stiffing it up.... anyone know a swaybar mod which is relatively easy n cheap to do. Confused
  Send a private message to this user    
hokey
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 1.3 4k mod help..... Mon, 24 January 2005 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for the body roll u could ad another spring and if u don't want it liftin much then get it reset
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 1.3 4k mod help..... Mon, 24 January 2005 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a number of people have added SC12's and SC14's to 4K and 5K's

basically you just need to add some brackets to hold the SC on the dizzy side, mod or get a twin belt pulley for the crank (or go to full ribbed belts, try 7K stuff), and then work out the intake piping and fueling..

personally i would not go the route others have taken and use a draw thru or blow thru carb.. you are MUCH better off fuel injecting it. something like 7MG injectors would be near perfect (295cc/min) to start with.

Brad M had a 5K with SC14 running it on gas... gas is by far the easiest to set up, except you need to have a gas tank and lines.. and you probably can't have an intercooler (unless you use a pressure referenced mixer as a blow thru mixer?)

for EFI manifolds, use either 4K-E or 7K-E
http://www.materials.unsw.edu.au/~sford/7ke4ke.htm l

Cya, Stewart
fester
Regular

December 2004
Re: 1.3 4k mod help..... Mon, 24 January 2005 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
although not supercharged try gettingthe latest Zoom magazine for info. They have a story on an old 2 or 3K I think (1100) that been turbod and efi. Putting out 140hp I think.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 1.3 4k mod help..... Mon, 24 January 2005 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you mean Angelas car? the KE10 with 5K (1500) and GT25/30?
filthman
Regular

May 2004
Re: 1.3 4k mod help..... Mon, 24 January 2005 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't know if anyone here owns it, but the one in ZOOM is a KE20 with turbo EFI 5K with a HKS 2530 turbo. Quoted as 140rwkw at 1.24bar.

Sounds nice and looks stock as a rock. But not sure how the standard single spinner diff, 4 speed, brakes, and 12" steel wheels with 145/70's handle it all.

Anyone whos interested. Its the current issue, No.85.
bassy
Regular

July 2004
Re: 1.3 4k mod help..... Mon, 24 January 2005 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its a ke10. zoom mad a mistake. they might have been confused with the ke20 hub caps. Nice car though!
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 1.3 4k mod help..... Mon, 24 January 2005 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
filthman wrote on Mon, 24 January 2005 21:40

I don't know if anyone here owns it, but the one in ZOOM is a KE20 with turbo EFI 5K with a HKS 2530 turbo. Quoted as 140rwkw at 1.24bar.

Sounds nice and looks stock as a rock. But not sure how the standard single spinner diff, 4 speed, brakes, and 12" steel wheels with 145/70's handle it all.

Anyone whos interested. Its the current issue, No.85.

as bassy said, Zoom showed their usual attention to detail and printed it incorrectly.

basically, she treats it nice. then again, 145's will not get much traction anyway Wink

anyway, you should be searching for the likes of brads old KE20 (yellow) with the SC14.
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: 1.3 4k mod help..... Mon, 24 January 2005 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldSchoolRolla wrote on Mon, 24 January 2005 14:35

Hi everyone new to the forum.... i own an oldschool corolla coupe.......motor is a k series 4k 1.3, 5 speed manual. wanting to add sc14 supercharger....need info on any one who has done this on the 4k......any help would b great...also how can i modify the rear to avoid body roll stiffing it up.... anyone know a swaybar mod which is relatively easy n cheap to do. Confused

The ke55 came with a swaybar.
But it does depend on what model the rolla is. The '55 swaybar will fit the ke3x series with easy mod's, mounts for the body and a pair of u-bolts on the diff (or just use the '55 diff). But i'm not to sure about the ke2x series or the ke1x series.
OldSchoolRolla
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: 1.3 4k mod help..... Mon, 24 January 2005 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

The ke55 came with a swaybar.
But it does depend on what model the rolla is. The '55 swaybar will fit the ke3x series with easy mod's, mounts for the body and a pair of u-bolts on the diff (or just use the '55 diff). But i'm not to sure about the ke2x series or the ke1x series.

i have seen the later model ke55 swaybars on many cars on the street.....will it b affective? As of now my ke35 aint got nothing....How much for all the parts do ppl think from the wreckers????
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: 1.3 4k mod help..... Tue, 25 January 2005 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes. As a guess, i'd say cost would be around $50 that'd be whole setup. Make sure you also ask (or grab) the upper link bracket as well or you wont be able to mount the link to the car body.
This'd be pretty well much what you'd need.
http://img183.exs.cx/img183/7232/page02014mm.jpg
And also at the same time grab 2 u-bolts, nuts and washers from what holds the diff too the leaf spring that way you'll be able to mount the swaybar to the diff, you'll just need some flat steel to go between the swaybar and the diff for a mounting surface.
About the only hard part of doing it would be in drilling the bolt holes for the upper bracket.
bmak
Regular

May 2002

Re: 1.3 4k mod help..... Tue, 25 January 2005 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just a correction on stewarts reply.

My S/C was setup blowing though the gas mixer so i could of had an intercooler but never felt the need for 1.

I'm also in the process of building a KE20 drag car that will be powered by a 4k, supercharged & on methanol.

If you search the oldcorollas list all my 1st setup will be there.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 1.3 4k mod help..... Wed, 26 January 2005 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks Brad Smile
what manifolds/ECU are you planning? 7KE seems to work nicely Wink
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 1.3 4k mod help..... Wed, 26 January 2005 11:39 Go to previous message
thanks Brad Smile
what manifolds/ECU are you planning? 7KE seems to work nicely Wink
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:fuel pump location