Offers?

Sorry no computer...

I may sell seperatly.
  Send a private message to this user    
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: FS: 4AGE & 7AFE Fri, 08 November 2002 20:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I mean, I WILL sell the 2 engines seperatly, but I may sell the loom or the extractors seperatly.

Ohh and I am located on the Central Coast NSW.
UP4SUM
Regular

May 2002
Re: FS: 4AGE & 7AFE Sat, 09 November 2002 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey did you give up on the conversion

matty
St3ve_AE92
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: FS: 4AGE & 7AFE Sat, 09 November 2002 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daniel, how much you looking at getting for the 4AGE + loom + extractors ??
St3ve_AE92
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: FS: 4AGE & 7AFE Sat, 09 November 2002 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How many k's has the engine done??
what condition is the engine in??
is there anything missing on it?

edit:spelling mistakes

[Updated on: Sat, 09 November 2002 12:07]

rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: FS: 4AGE & 7AFE Sat, 09 November 2002 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Matty, yeah kinda, not enough time or initiative.

Steve_AE92:

Mate, make an offer on the 4A, i couldn't tell you how many k's are on it either. I bought it off Johnny, so I'll E-Mail him and ask him.

It seems to be in good nick, and no, as far as I'm aware, everything is there. Injectors, extractors the lot!
leebroozlee
Regular

November 2002

Re: FS: 4AGE & 7AFE Mon, 11 November 2002 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, have you used the 4age at all since you bought it?
And it hasn't ever overheated or any major damage?
If not, how does $250 sound for the "AE92 100kw 4AGE + loom + extractors"?

Cheers
rollaboy
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: FS: 4AGE & 7AFE Mon, 11 November 2002 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fark $250 now that would be a bloody bargin and a half.
dylusion
Regular

May 2002
Re: FS: 4AGE & 7AFE Mon, 11 November 2002 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your kidding right.... i would have thought that engine would have at least been worth 400...
leebroozlee
Regular

November 2002

Re: FS: 4AGE & 7AFE Mon, 11 November 2002 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe is it?
damn..well i'll pre-empt his "NO" to $250 then..
what kind of extractors and what condition is it in?
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: FS: 4AGE & 7AFE Mon, 11 November 2002 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Need the $$$ will accept $300 for the 4age + loom + extractors
leebroozlee
Regular

November 2002

Re: FS: 4AGE & 7AFE Mon, 11 November 2002 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
okay $300 then!
When can i get it?
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: FS: 4AGE & 7AFE Mon, 11 November 2002 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$300!! my mate will proaably give ya more than that if its still forsale
let me know
craig
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: FS: 4AGE & 7AFE Mon, 11 November 2002 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nothing wrong with a bit of friendly competition Smile

Im on the Central Coast, name a day when you can come up and grab it
leebroozlee
Regular

November 2002

Re: FS: 4AGE & 7AFE Mon, 11 November 2002 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Probably Wednesday earliest..got exams to study for..
Doin the same 7afe-7age conversion u were planning Wink
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: FS: 4AGE & 7AFE Mon, 11 November 2002 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wed night? I work all week.

You want me to put the 4A head back on?
I have already bought new gaskets for the intake and exhaust manifolds for it too...

Want the 7A as well!! Smile
leebroozlee
Regular

November 2002

Re: FS: 4AGE & 7AFE Mon, 11 November 2002 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool!
nah don't really need the 7a..unless i bung up my engine somehow Shocked
how much extra u want for the 7a,etc too?
Don't worry about puttin the head on cos i'll be taking it off anyway..
Wed night should be okay, what time u reckon?
Do I need any special equipment to pick up the engine?
and do u reckon it'd fit in the back of an ae102 seca rv? Rolling Eyes
leebroozlee
Regular

November 2002

Re: FS: 4AGE & 7AFE Mon, 11 November 2002 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why have u got a spare 7afe anyway?
do u still have one in ur car?
i emailed u a few weeks ago about ur conversion but u never got back btw..but now i see u've given up on it Crying or Very Sad
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: FS: 4AGE & 7AFE Tue, 12 November 2002 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daniel,
Do you have a gearbox to suit a 4A-GE???
yep_4ac
Newcomer

May 2002
Re: FS: 4AGE & 7AFE Tue, 12 November 2002 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much for the 7a???
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: FS: 4AGE & 7AFE Tue, 12 November 2002 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry no G/B and the 7A is also gone...

Sorry fellas
Leighp
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: FS: 4AGE & 7AFE Mon, 25 November 2002 17:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that was a blody good deal there, i am shocked that u let that GE package go so cheap. U r a generous man rv rolla......anyways good buy leebroozlee

l
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: FS: 4AGE & 7AFE Mon, 25 November 2002 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, a few reasons to sell it so cheap/fast. Mainly cause I had to make room in the shed for stuff... It had nothin to do with the fact that I was too lazy to gt off my arse and do the conversion or anything either ! Razz
leebroozlee
Regular

November 2002

Re: FS: 4AGE & 7AFE Tue, 26 November 2002 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe i know! bargain of the year Very Happy
just gotta make sure i make time to do the conversion...haven't heard of anyone in oz building a 7age in a while
St3ve_AE92
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: FS: 4AGE & 7AFE Tue, 26 November 2002 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Found this yesterday reading the TOYSPORT tech info....

Quote:

http://www.toysport.com/4ag_tech_notes.htm
Stay away from the 7AF to 7AG conversion since the crank is not forged and the flywheel bolts are too small, with no provision available to upgrade. The rods are potential failures also when subjected to real 4AG RPM operation. It is an exercise in creativity but a total sidestep for any real performance-oriented application. If you like the torque of the 7AF, use the complete engine.

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: FS: 4AGE & 7AFE Tue, 26 November 2002 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
steve... i was going to ask the exact same thing. The FE series motors were built with really lightweight components to improve response and maximise efficiency, and certainly wouldnt be designed for 4ag revving... which really is where the 4ag makes its power mark! i would rather just slap the whole 4ag in ( in know u cant in a newer car)... cos i dont know that there would be much of an advantage to using the 4ag head on a 7afe? From m knowledge the FE was designed to be nothing more than stock - hence no strong cranks, rods etc etc...

Correct me if im wrong... but from the points the Toysport page makes about the 7age conversion and the FE motors in general, they really can't be improved upon.
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: FS: 4AGE & 7AFE Wed, 27 November 2002 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just limit yourself to not revving over 7g, i have read that they will be ok unless you start taking it over 7-7500rpm, even though you wont get the full potential out of the ge head, it would still be a nice boost over the FE head.

There is someone out there who makes stronger internals for the 7A, just dunno where ! Smile
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: FS: 4AGE & 7AFE Wed, 27 November 2002 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Quote:

http://www.toysport.com/4ag_tech_notes.htm
Stay away from the 7AF to 7AG conversion since the crank is not forged and the flywheel bolts are too small, with no provision available to upgrade. The rods are potential failures also when subjected to real 4AG RPM operation. It is an exercise in creativity but a total sidestep for any real performance-oriented application. If you like the torque of the 7AF, use the complete engine.

One word.....WRONG!!! Have a couple of these conversions under way and a 7AFE race engine in bits right now. The FIA Homologation papers, and from actually building all these engine, the race engine is the first and getting all the attention now, the crank is in fact FORGED!! Also confirmed by Neal Bates Motorsport, which built Simon Evans Group A RV. The weakness link is in fact the rods, which is what happened to mine(going forged now), Caused by a 10,000 RPM missing of Gear change. Shot peening is always a good Idea, and were also done to this engine, and would be fine for street use. I standard form, @ 7000-7200rpm are the limit compared to a late model 16V 4AGE's 8,000 RPM in modded form. As for proof have been Thrashing this particular engine for the Past two years, to a 7800-7900 rpm redline constantly on both the track and on rallies, and it hadn't missed a beat, til this minor slip up. A few Guys did see the car in action at a wakefield practice day a few months back, and from the feedback I got, many didn't believe is was a 7AFE,until I lifted the bonnet.
Now, the flywheel bolts, the 7A has less of them, but they are the same size and diameter as a 4AGE, So at the RPM I run, they could to shear off the bolts, which has happened when my co-driver decide to go from redline in 3rd gear to 2nd and let the 'box do the braking, So something had to give, and I was happy it was the bolts and not the hard to get/find 6-spd I just put in. All this can simply be over come by having the flywheel dowelled, Which I have done, so there is a 'provision'.
I really think that Toysport hadn't done their homework when the wrote that articile.
Now back on to the 7AFE->7AGE topic, the first, I'm hoping, will be at the next Dyno Day. I should be along with the rally car with it's new engine. It is going to be is a balanced 7A bottom, 4AGE pistons, Mildly ported 16V head and and old microtech D5. It's a low budget test engine, which a good friend is going to run and give feed back on. The 2nd is a 7AFE-> 7A 20V which I trying to decide to what degree I want to take it too and what I'm going to fit it too, ie if I put it in the g/friends car, it will be pretty much the same as the 16V, if I find a car, I will be an all out monster, and possible a 2.0L not a 1.8, yet to decide.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: FS: 4AGE & 7AFE Wed, 27 November 2002 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool... always good to see people proving other people wrong by damn well doing it!! Very Happy and doing it well!

very interesting to know that it does in fact work.

This is what the forums are all about... learning something new. Thanks for the info Johnny Smile
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: FS: 4AGE & 7AFE Wed, 27 November 2002 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Do you have a gearbox to suit a 4A-GE???

I do have the gearbox from that engine.... did you want it?
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: FS: 4AGE & 7AFE Fri, 29 November 2002 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
reading this thread has once again fuelled my continuous amusement at what Toysport consider what you should and shouldnt do to the 4A series engines (and 3SGE's to some degree as well).....rock on Toysport!, keep me laughing! Laughing
leebroozlee
Regular

November 2002

Re: FS: 4AGE & 7AFE Fri, 29 November 2002 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nicely said Johnny!

Yeah Ray Hall ran his 20V 7A w/ stock crankshaft at 300hp, no probs. When Steve Wright in the USA does 7agze's he just dowell's the flywheel to the same # bolts in the 4A flywheel, custom rods, then changes all the head/main studs to all the ARP products. It ends up a bit pricey but he reckons they're rock solid after all that.

Oh and I got the number for Argo where u can get their super-strong conrods: (02)49347099
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: FS: 4AGE & 7AFE Sat, 30 November 2002 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Oh and I got the number for Argo where u can get their super-strong conrods: (02)49347099

Thanks Paul, I have to give them a call soon as as I get some time!
Quote:

rock on Toysport!, keep me laughing!

Mick, At least I'm not the only one who finds some of there info amusing...
Leighp
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: FS: 4AGE & 7AFE Fri, 06 December 2002 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Johnny: Keep me updatded on the 7a 20v, sounds like a cool project

leebrooze: what is the situation with the rods for sale at agros, what makes em super-strong?
leebroozlee
Regular

November 2002

Re: FS: 4AGE & 7AFE Sat, 07 December 2002 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not a clue Razz
Try giving em a call and ask why you should get theirs instead of modifying stock ones
chadix24_7
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: FS: 4AGE & 7AFE Sun, 12 September 2004 21:34 Go to previous message
what tranny will be using when converting to 7age?

how about the ecu
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:swap paseo springs
Next Topic:180sx parts
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 16 01:53:15 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0063381195068359 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.