Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
clancey
Regular

July 2002
Custom CAS for 18RG Sat, 15 January 2005 04:44 Go to next message
Gday everyone,

I'm selling most of the parts from my corona, i'll pop the descriptions up the top and display any pics down the bottom.

Here goes:
Microtech MTX8 $800 SOLD
Currently configured for a 3S-GTE as that was the crank angle sensor I was running on my 18RGEU (Which is also available). Comes complete with Handset, Manual, Four coils and the harness.

RX7 Series 4 550cc Injectors $300 SOLD
30k since clean.

Custom made Crank Angle Sensor (3SGE item on an 18R stalk) $150
Needs a new cap, apart from that all good.

Cheers

Clancey

Pics Here:
http://ljclancey.customer.netspace.net.au/CAS%20(Side).JPG
http://ljclancey.customer.netspace.net.au/CAS%20(Top).JPG

[Updated on: Thu, 17 February 2005 13:04]

Send a private message to this user    
matt_84
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: MTX8 ECU / Custom CAS for 18RG Sat, 15 January 2005 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does the low pressure pump flow enough to supply the camira pump without a surge tank? I have a swirl pot welded into my tank, but wouldn't mind feeding my camira pump with an electric pump rather than syphon action.

Cheers, Matt
clancey
Regular

July 2002
Re: MTX8 ECU / Custom CAS for 18RG Sat, 15 January 2005 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm not sure mate, I was using a surge tank in my setup. Also i'm not 100% sure what the camira pump would require.
clancey
Regular

July 2002
Re: MTX8 ECU / Custom CAS for 18RG Tue, 18 January 2005 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will consider a trading some gear for a 4AGZE or similar, I need all the gear to swap out the motor from my single cam AE82.

Cheers

Clancey
RA40Celica
Regular

June 2002
  chris_rg@jabber.org
Re: MTX8 ECU / Custom CAS for 18RG Fri, 21 January 2005 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

can you explain what electrical signals the CAS produces?

would the cap for the CAS be just a plastic part for a 3sge?

Cheers
Chris
clancey
Regular

July 2002
Re: MTX8 ECU / Custom CAS for 18RG Sat, 22 January 2005 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It outputs a couple of simple pulse home signals (180 degrees apart - Separate wires) with a reluctor style setup. It also has a positional output that uses a toothed wheel and sensor setup, not exactly sure what the output from this looks like though.

The cap would just be a 3sge item, the one I had on it is cracked but it would give you an idea.

Cheers

Clancey
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: MTX8 ECU / Custom CAS for 18RG Mon, 24 January 2005 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pm sent
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: MTX8 ECU / Custom CAS for 18RG Mon, 24 January 2005 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you want to sell the coils and hand controller ill buy them
RA40Celica
Regular

June 2002
  chris_rg@jabber.org
Re: MTX8 ECU / Custom CAS for 18RG Tue, 25 January 2005 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clancey wrote on Sat, 22 January 2005 11:23

It outputs a couple of simple pulse home signals (180 degrees apart - Separate wires) with a reluctor style setup. It also has a positional output that uses a toothed wheel and sensor setup, not exactly sure what the output from this looks like though.

The cap would just be a 3sge item, the one I had on it is cracked but it would give you an idea.

Cheers

Clancey

so by 180 degrees apart you mean crank degrees, right?

sory im a bit confused. are you saying there are three outputs, two of which are the same signal?

could you explain clearer.

what i want is a pulse for every cylinder firing. I think thats what your saying, not sure though.

thanks
Chris
clancey
Regular

July 2002
Re: MTX8 ECU / Custom CAS for 18RG Tue, 25 January 2005 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The first home signal (wire 1) gives a pulse at TDC. The second home signal (wire 2) gives a pulse at 180 crank degrees, this wire was not used in my setup.

The third signal (wire 3) gives different outputs depending on crank position, i'm not exactly sure what these signals look like on a cro but they were all i needed to fire all four coils using my MTX8 computer.

Cheers

Clancey
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: MTX8 ECU / Custom CAS for 18RG Tue, 25 January 2005 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guess thats a no on seperating the coils?
clancey
Regular

July 2002
Re: MTX8 ECU / Custom CAS for 18RG Wed, 26 January 2005 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EMP-2TG wrote on Tue, 25 January 2005 22:06

guess thats a no on seperating the coils?

Sorry mate, at this stage no. Not unless someone wanted to buy the computer without them.

[Updated on: Wed, 26 January 2005 10:04]

EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: MTX8 ECU / Custom CAS for 18RG Wed, 26 January 2005 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fair enough Smile
suff
Regular

April 2004

Re: MTX8 ECU / Custom CAS for 18RG Wed, 26 January 2005 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its funny you should say that, I am interested in buy the computer! How much for it on its own, I dont really need the hand controller, so if somebody wants that, great if not ill take it, but definetely need the ECU if its at a good price!

Cheers
clancey
Regular

July 2002
Re: MTX8 ECU / Custom CAS for 18RG Thu, 27 January 2005 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
suff wrote on Thu, 27 January 2005 08:57

its funny you should say that, I am interested in buy the computer! How much for it on its own, I dont really need the hand controller, so if somebody wants that, great if not ill take it, but definetely need the ECU if its at a good price!

Cheers

Well i'd sell the computer/harness for $600 if the other bloke would give me $200 for the handset/coils.

Cheers

Clancey
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: MTX8 ECU / Custom CAS for 18RG Thu, 27 January 2005 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah sounds good, pm me if u want to go ahead with it
RA40Celica
Regular

June 2002
  chris_rg@jabber.org
Re: MTX8 ECU / Custom CAS for 18RG Sat, 29 January 2005 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

will you take $100 for the crank angle sensor?

is the cap just cracked?, fixable with some glue?. I suppose they cost my left arm for a new one.

also, what your timing chain tensioner out of?, it look different to all the ones ive seen on 18rg's
clancey
Regular

July 2002
Re: MTX8 ECU / Custom CAS for 18RG Sat, 29 January 2005 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RA40Celica wrote on Sat, 29 January 2005 16:43

is the cap just cracked?, fixable with some glue?. I suppose they cost my left arm for a new one.

also, what your timing chain tensioner out of?, it look different to all the ones ive seen on 18rg's

PM Sent

BTW. I believe the tensioner (obviously non-standard) is off a 4M motor or similiar, I've seen the same unit on a few mark II coronas.
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: MTX8 ECU / Custom CAS for 18RG Tue, 01 February 2005 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any word yet?
clancey
Regular

July 2002
Re: MTX8 ECU / Custom CAS for 18RG Fri, 04 February 2005 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry mate, I haven't heard anything back.
people100
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: MTX8 ECU / Custom CAS for 18RG Fri, 04 February 2005 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RA40Celica wrote on Sat, 29 January 2005 09:43

i think the tensioner is a 18rg item. I had one in mine when i got my engine and also have seen one or 2 floating around..personally i dont recommend them as they done seem to tension up very well.
clancey
Regular

July 2002
Re: MTX8 ECU / Custom CAS for 18RG Wed, 16 February 2005 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Injectors have sold

Cheers
clancey
Regular

July 2002
Re: MTX8 ECU / Custom CAS for 18RG Thu, 17 February 2005 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry to anyone who has expressed interest in seperating the ecu from the coils/handset as I have sold everything together.

Cheers
RA40Celica
Regular

June 2002
  chris_rg@jabber.org
Re: Custom CAS for 18RG Fri, 18 February 2005 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clancy,
sorry I didn't get back to you about that CAS, i think ive decided to just go with single coil and electronic dizzy, u wouldn't have one?, or know where one is by any chance?

cheers
Chris
clancey
Regular

July 2002
Re: Custom CAS for 18RG Fri, 18 February 2005 07:08 Go to previous message
No probs mate, i saw a coil/dizzy for sale recently in the for sale section. Not sure if it's still available though.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:5M-GE ECU with plugs - sydney (pics)
Next Topic:F/S 18rg head with 18r block
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 2 14:04:55 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010141134262085 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.