Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » What you think of a 99 liberty?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
SCO-77K
Regular

January 2003
What you think of a 99 liberty? Tue, 25 January 2005 02:57 Go to next message
Hey guys i currently own an 87 celica. but i'm looking at getting another car for my daily driver as im doing up the celica and it might be off the road for awhile. Just wondering what everything thinks about a Subaru Liberty RX 99 model. They have a 2.5L engine and AWD.
  Send a private message to this user    
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: What you think of a 99 liberty? Tue, 25 January 2005 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You've come to the right place my friend. My dad currently has a 99 plated MY00 RX liberty. I learnt to drive in this thing. They're great.plenty of oomph, handle really well and are comfortable and classy as. He is about to trade it in for a later model, MY03 which has only done 32k country kms.

again, awesome car.Look very nice, can get a few more KWs out of through exhaust, filter and tuning and they hadnle great from factory b ut absolutely unreal with 17's,lowered with stiffer springs and the sway bars transform the car.

I couldnt recommend a better car, in fact im probs gonna get one for my next car. Good luck finding a clean one.

Oh, a few things to look for:
listen and feel for clunks in the driveline(very rare but it can happen), both g'box,clutch and all diffs
might wanna check for coolant leaks arouund head(again very rare but can happen
also steering arms/rack.

cant think of any other probs tho.As i've said these are very rare but can happen, even with a well looked after and non-thrashed car.
SCO-77K
Regular

January 2003
Re: What you think of a 99 liberty? Tue, 25 January 2005 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool thanks for the tips stu! yeah i've only heard good things about them Very Happy
MX73_drifter
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: What you think of a 99 liberty? Tue, 25 January 2005 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
go for it
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: What you think of a 99 liberty? Wed, 26 January 2005 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh man go for it,its a hot car!!
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: What you think of a 99 liberty? Wed, 26 January 2005 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Espcially if you drop a H6 into it. Surprise the rexes.
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: What you think of a 99 liberty? Fri, 28 January 2005 09:14 Go to previous message
they seem alright. Never heard anything bad about them. I really like the cars looks
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Max offset? ae86
Next Topic:Does anyone here have this Carmate frontbumper on (Celica 90-93)?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 22:25:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.11919116973877 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.