Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Digging up old posts Wed, 26 January 2005 04:03 Go to next message
What is it with Newbies digging up old threads. ESP the forsale ones where if it is 10 pages down and 1 year old you can be sure its sold or be tossed. Any thoughts, opinions.
Ohhhh and if some1 offenders of this crime are reading this, please PM the buyer rather than refreshing the thread to the top of the list so 10 million other ppl can ignore the date on it and reply to it.

Cheers Adam
  Send a private message to this user    
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Digging up old posts Wed, 26 January 2005 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh and i just realiased after posting this that ramblings like this should prob be in the outhouse
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Digging up old posts Wed, 26 January 2005 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive never done it but what I wana know is YTF are they still on there after 1 year??especially the ones that have please delete.the noobs will always fumble around the site for a while...
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Digging up old posts Wed, 26 January 2005 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Understandable the tech section as it does contain relevant info but the FS it is quite obvious that 1 year after its irrelivant.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Digging up old posts Wed, 26 January 2005 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you guys complain when noobs start new threads on things already covered
then u complain when they reuse old threads.
when a forsale thread is finished (the object in question has been sold) then they shoulds put SOLD on the bottom and also in the name.
it makes sense
i know of a thread that is on either page 9 or 10 that is an unconfirmed sale.
it sounds like a rant but it's not
it just seems hard to make everybody happy.
I pmed a seller just yesterday, The product was already sold but there was no listed price.
I had no intention of buying it but i wanted to know how much it was worth as i am buying a car with that particular part.
DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Digging up old posts Wed, 26 January 2005 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GRAVE DIGGIN'
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Digging up old posts Wed, 26 January 2005 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ATTENTION NOOBS: PM the seller, dont dig up old threads!

its simple really... and it saves us regulars from wading through piles of crap from 2003.

If the seller doesnt mark the thread as sold, thats no reason to post in the thread 2 years after.
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Digging up old posts Wed, 26 January 2005 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I still think its more of an admin issue then noobs problem.Are they left up for the sake of the search function?
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Digging up old posts Wed, 26 January 2005 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
another problem is that a lot of the time there is other relevant technical information (that should be kept in my opinion!) in the for sale thread.... not just the part that was for sale...

just something else to think about.... Smile

Cheers
Wilbo
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Digging up old posts Wed, 26 January 2005 10:18 Go to previous message
All be it said that the tech section its ok to dig up old posts, but with the FS section if a post is a little old PM the buyer as has been stated before by many ppl.

Mookie: I been pmed by ppl who have searched a post and yes it turns out i still have the part and have sold it. They havnt dug it up to annoy every1 else with. Though even when i have put removed from sale or sold. I still get fucking pms about it.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:any1 know how to use ems ?
Next Topic:Ran an XR6T tonight
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 11 15:22:42 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048019886016846 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.