Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Rims Recently obtained from a Wrecker...

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Rims Recently obtained from a Wrecker... Wed, 26 January 2005 00:22 Go to next message
Hey

I have recently got into the Rally lately and found quite a passion for any video clips of toyotas goin all out in the rally back in the time when the st165s have been racing...
I got an idea for some rims on my celica st162, they looked like a clean rim that wasn't going to draw attention, but still had some styling that i thought was pretty snazzy, quite cheap on tyres, and still a step up from what i have, being 14", they look a lot better than the stock rims on the celica too...
I wasn't actually aware of the OZ racing rims that the Carlos Sainz gt4 used to wear for rally, but a mate of mine had some v6 camry rims sittin in his garage from his vzv21 camry. We tried them on the car and it proved to be a very neat look. I found a set recently at the wreckers for $250 with tyres, but the tyres that were on it were WAY TOO BIG, 205/60 15", i needed 205/50 15" JUST to make the rims the same size as mine so that the speedo will not be on. these tyres filled up my guards and raised my car up an inch hehehe...
So i ran another set of tyres through the calculator that the wreckers had which were 195/60 15" which u will see below, they are 1% off the original st162 tyre size...
These are the v6 rims on my car

http://img179.exs.cx/img179/9629/img08516of.jpg

I won't be puttin the oz Racing Stickers on the rims but i would like to paint them white, i think it looks nicer and it will give me somethin i'll be proud to say i did!!!!
This is what they will look like eventually, without the red writing
http://img179.exs.cx/img179/3658/kokubu24sj.jpg

I'm as passionate as they come to Toyota so
Just thought i might show u!!!

[Updated on: Wed, 26 January 2005 00:44]

Send a private message to this user    
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: Rims Recently obtained from a Wrecker... Wed, 26 January 2005 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That should come up quite nice when they're white.

Good thinking.
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Rims Recently obtained from a Wrecker... Wed, 26 January 2005 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they may be OZ rims that are strong and light and used in rally etc...... but i think it looks ugly. no doubt its good rims but i hate the looks of that particular rim. maybe its just me
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Rims Recently obtained from a Wrecker... Wed, 26 January 2005 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
b1gb3n wrote on Wed, 26 January 2005 23:24

they may be OZ rims that are strong and light and used in rally etc...... but i think it looks ugly. no doubt its good rims but i hate the looks of that particular rim. maybe its just me

Hey Ben Hows ur car?
Yeah man everyones got their own opinions, if everyone thought the same we'd all drive around in the same car...

As mentioned i'm passionate and i got them because i like em... Thats all thats important i reckon!!

Thanx for ur opinion!!!
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Rims Recently obtained from a Wrecker... Wed, 26 January 2005 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was referring to OZ rim btw
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Rims Recently obtained from a Wrecker... Wed, 26 January 2005 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I saw this on a car at uni ages ago - complete with ghey fake 'OZ racing' logos. DONT DO THAT! Anyway I reckon this will look great, you guys gotta consider the cost of this mod. Rally replica at a bargain price, of course only people who know about the rally herritage of the ST165 will understand... but hey, we cant all be hairdressers! Razz
http://members.optushome.com.au/an-d/images/rims3.jpg

EDIT: Spelling isn't so good.

[Updated on: Wed, 26 January 2005 14:50]

Jamier
Regular

February 2005
Re: Rims Recently obtained from a Wrecker... Sun, 06 February 2005 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is your car a front wheel drive..I have an st 163 and its front wheel drive....did you dump a turbo in the esge to make it a gt4, or purchase a esgte....I would like to get hold of those rims two..and the front spoiler...it looks great
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Rims Recently obtained from a Wrecker... Sun, 06 February 2005 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Jamier,
I've never heard of a st163
We only have the st162 over here, ur car might have been bought without the front spoiler as many of them break off... Mine is a 3sge gen 1 motor, not sure what engine urs has..
Got any pics so we can make sure??
U sure u didn't mix urs up with 162 instead? there is also 165 with the all wheel drive turbo version???
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: Rims Recently obtained from a Wrecker... Sun, 06 February 2005 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The st163 was the liftback with the 3sfe engine in it. Basically what you have is the better shell and driveline(hubs and wheel studs-well, 99% sure they have the 5 stud) with the less powerful engine-the Camry engine.

To make it the 3sge its a straight bolt in my friend.Or, go the extra yards and mod a 3sgTe into it, which is the turbo motor out of the Gt4's

Good luck and welcome
OPPY
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: Rims Recently obtained from a Wrecker... Sun, 06 February 2005 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GTE.. only way to go... Boost is your friend!!!
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: Rims Recently obtained from a Wrecker... Sun, 06 February 2005 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So OPPY, you're gonna give me your 165 yeah?Thanx, you're such a champ.And if u want, i will give you my 162.Fair trade???I think so
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Rims Recently obtained from a Wrecker... Sun, 06 February 2005 16:11 Go to previous message
any idea what a set of 4 oz racing rims go for? 15" x 7" with good rubber all over?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:question about engine position (not really tech worthy)
Next Topic:Car Transporters
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 14:50:16 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0045979022979736 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.