Toymods » General Car Talk » Toyotas in the Austalia Day show on city yesterday

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Toyotas in the Austalia Day show on city yesterday Thu, 27 January 2005 01:07 Go to next message
There was some very very cool old-school toyotas (and other cars) Smile

The old 70's sprinters and truenos, a nice TA23, crown wagon, crown delux... some 1963 Toyota Tiara too!
  Send a private message to this user    
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyotas in the Austalia Day show on city yesterday Thu, 27 January 2005 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn old people should get on the internet and join the club or at least give us pics of thier cars.
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Toyotas in the Austalia Day show on city yesterday Thu, 27 January 2005 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, this would've been very good to see indeed. Shame I missed it, but the weather was too good y'day and the Central Coast was calling.

Rob - you must've gotten some photos yes?
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Toyotas in the Austalia Day show on city yesterday Thu, 27 January 2005 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul!

dude I didn't even have my camera.. so I got my mates to take some photos, but they are in a band, and are touring melbourne today and tomorrow then NZ three immediately after thatt, and then back to the US straight after that.. so I don't know when I will see the piccies
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: Toyotas in the Austalia Day show on city yesterday Thu, 27 January 2005 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rod went along so hopefully he may have got some pics.

I know he was more than a little impressed with Al Palmer's TE27.

Damn NZ for not celebrating Australia day so I had to work. It's downright unAustralian of them.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Toyotas in the Austalia Day show on city yesterday Thu, 27 January 2005 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tsk tsk those un-australian new zealanders No No No
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Toyotas in the Austalia Day show on city yesterday Thu, 27 January 2005 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobST162 wrote on Thu, 27 January 2005 13:42

Paul!

dude I didn't even have my camera.. so I got my mates to take some photos, but they are in a band, and are touring melbourne today and tomorrow then NZ three immediately after thatt, and then back to the US straight after that.. so I don't know when I will see the piccies

No No No Just not good enough mate! Very Happy

Ah well, there's always next year.. It's one of those things that I've been meaning to get along to for ages but just never got around to..
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Toyotas in the Austalia Day show on city yesterday Thu, 27 January 2005 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

rob_RA40 wrote on Thu, 27 January 2005 13:24

damn old people should get on the internet and join the club or at least give us pics of thier cars.

Hey, I'm doing my bit, young fella! I can't vouch for the other old 'tards - you know how stroppy they can be! Smile

seeyuzz
(old man) river
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toyotas in the Austalia Day show on city yesterday Thu, 27 January 2005 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that's it. i've just cracked it.

ALL new zealander's should henceforth be BANNED for not celebrating australia day!!!!
Razz

i missed it. i was at home, being the great australian australian that i am, drinking beer in the pool, and having a bbq, whilst watching the cricket.
syncro
Regular

October 2004
Re: Toyotas in the Austalia Day show on city yesterday Thu, 27 January 2005 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i saw the cars on show, that te27 was mint as was the 2 door corona with the cream leather recaros
Greg.
Regular

November 2003
icon14.gif  Re: Toyotas in the Austalia Day show on city yesterday Thu, 27 January 2005 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What could be more Australia day then,,a tiny sleep in,visit the old mother...actually I went to raid dads shed for some tools..back by 12 for lunch...Unwrapped the MX32..fitted my newly trimmed back seat and newish rear seat belts...Brushed the hat that sits on the rear parcel shelf..several malt drinks and watch the cricket boys ..great day...
Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Toyotas in the Austalia Day show on city yesterday Thu, 27 January 2005 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
exactly where in Sydney is this held each year? i had no idea it was on, i heard nothing about it lol. Confused Laughing
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Toyotas in the Austalia Day show on city yesterday Thu, 27 January 2005 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sprinter-Saurus wrote on Thu, 27 January 2005 20:43

exactly where in Sydney is this held each year? i had no idea it was on, i heard nothing about it lol. Confused Laughing

Not sure if it's the same show, but they usually have cars lined up along Macquarie Street.
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Toyotas in the Austalia Day show on city yesterday Thu, 27 January 2005 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That 2 door corona was awesome... as was the TE27...

Were the corona's aus-delivered in 2door?
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Toyotas in the Austalia Day show on city yesterday Thu, 27 January 2005 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes. It's a RT51 (?) verry nice mobile, has a twin 4 door too.
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Toyotas in the Austalia Day show on city yesterday Thu, 27 January 2005 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Conquest wrote on Thu, 27 January 2005 21:00

Sprinter-Saurus wrote on Thu, 27 January 2005 20:43

Not sure if it's the same show, but they usually have cars lined up along Macquarie Street.

Pretty certain it's the same one you're thinking of. Keep an eye out for the next one. Smile

Quote:

Thursday, 26th January, 2006 - NRMA Motor Fest
Venue: Macquarie St, Sydney City
Cost: TBA
Time: 9:00am

Australia Day has been the home of the NRMA Motorfest for the past 20 years with this year (2006) being its 21st consecutive gathering.

The day is open to vehicles of 30 years of age and is limited to 1000 entrants. These places are highly sort after by Car clubs and registers Australia wide. Entries must be made well in advance and are not accepted onthe day.

The vehicles are displayed up Macquarie street from Bridge st to Hyde Park. Hyde park itself being filled with Gourmet food stall and entertainment.

The Toymods Car club hopes to be granted entry to this event in 2006 and will keep our members posted as new information comes ot hand. Vehicle entry times will be advised once we have secured entry but its open to spectators from 9am till 5pm

Watch this space for updates but regardless of the outcome I recommend attending the day to all car enthusiasts.
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: Toyotas in the Austalia Day show on city yesterday Fri, 28 January 2005 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rob, what band are your mates in?And please, someone get some pics up!
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Toyotas in the Austalia Day show on city yesterday Fri, 28 January 2005 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SOMEONE had to take pics Smile

my mates band

http://www.thirdday.com/

http://www.thirdday.com/images/bgpics/back46.jpg

they are quite good Wink
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Toyotas in the Austalia Day show on city yesterday Tue, 01 February 2005 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AH HA! I have picture

http://www.roblincolne.com/pix/CarShow.jpg

some very cool old toyotas there.. an old sprinter (green) on the right
matt86sx
Regular

April 2004

Re: Toyotas in the Austalia Day show on city yesterday Tue, 01 February 2005 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rob, you know someone in Third Day?? How so??

They are a great band. Need to get some of their more recent albums though.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Toyotas in the Austalia Day show on city yesterday Wed, 02 February 2005 00:04 Go to previous message
you know third day? awesome bro!

yes they are amazing - and I don't think I have ever heard a bad album. They were up at a festival in Boonah? recently would have loved to go to that - had to settle for the second sydney show (first one sold out)

uh, it's kinda a long story about how I know them, but one of the guys has been a top mate for a while now
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Looking for someone to reco a carby in Melbourne
Next Topic:Biante Model Sprinters
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 13:54:41 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0064280033111572 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.