Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
equitystarl
Regular

April 2004
call the cops or seek a solicitor Thu, 27 January 2005 06:05 Go to next message
A quick question.

Do i call the cops or seek for a lawyer?

I have a housemate who has given me loads of trouble.

he took away most of my stuff and didnt even email me nor let me know what he has shifted away from the property i rented. Most of the stuff that he has not paid nor intend to pay was shifted away. IS THIS CALLED STEALING or WHAT.

First he said he wanted some stuff of mine, then he said why would he want it for when hes got no where to stay, then lastly he shifted nearly all the stuff he can use and DOEST NOT BELONG TO HIM.

A guy without moral and irresponsible. Trying to avoid calls from me or my friend and doesnt co-operate at all. Doesnt even clean the house when he shifted out and claims that hes done hes share of housework.

He even owes me money and no sign of him paying it back.

DO I CALL THE COPS OR SEEK A LAWYER TO GET BACK THE MONEY AND STUFF?
  Send a private message to this user    
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: call the cops or seek a solicitor Thu, 27 January 2005 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Both I'd say.

If he took your stuff then that's stealing. Cops will wanna know about that.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: call the cops or seek a solicitor Thu, 27 January 2005 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you know where he lives and you dont want hassle, call me. I will work out cheaper in the long run.
equitystarl
Regular

April 2004
Re: call the cops or seek a solicitor Thu, 27 January 2005 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks guys, all advice will be taken into considerations
toyoda
Regular

November 2003
Re: call the cops or seek a solicitor Thu, 27 January 2005 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Thu, 27 January 2005 17:13

If you know where he lives and you dont want hassle, call me. I will work out cheaper in the long run.

Laughing
BlackMR2
Regular

December 2004
Re: call the cops or seek a solicitor Thu, 27 January 2005 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
make sure you can prove what stuff is yours from receipts etc
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: call the cops or seek a solicitor Thu, 27 January 2005 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
or tell the cops he takes pictures of kids at the beach ... that should get their interest
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: call the cops or seek a solicitor Thu, 27 January 2005 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
equitystarl wrote on Thu, 27 January 2005 17:05

Do i call the cops or seek for a lawyer?

first one then the other.

is his name on the lease as well ?
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: call the cops or seek a solicitor Thu, 27 January 2005 17:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well first thing call the police, make sure you have recipets,photos of the stuff you owned or people to verify you own it, so the police know you own it.

Make a list of everything he took, the money he owes you, bills and anything else you can think of.

Did you both have your names on the lease or are you renting it and he's giving you money?

don't call a solicitor straight away, see if you can get it worked out with the police otherwise will cost money.
Also solicitor will take longer, since first they would do is make a phone call to him or send a letter out.
equitystarl
Regular

April 2004
Re: call the cops or seek a solicitor Thu, 27 January 2005 19:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

[Updated on: Thu, 27 January 2005 19:57]

Teenz
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon8.gif  Re: call the cops or seek a solicitor Thu, 27 January 2005 22:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Definately call the Police, better still go down there and see them. Trust me if you call it could take them days to send out a car to talk to you.

When you get to the station make sure you have your facts straight and ALL the information you know about this guy. The Police will take you seriously if they think you are taking it seriously by having all your information together.

If you have receipts, take them. If not it is not the end of the world. Be very specific about makes and models of stuff he has taken and the date on or around when you purchased it. if it is stuff that was given to you by someone make sure you provide the police with the details of the person who gave you the item.

******Make sure you do not leave there without getting an Event Number******

This will ensure that you can continually call and ask for an update from them. It will also help if by any chance you are insured.

Cheers and Good Luck.
nick2b
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: call the cops or seek a solicitor Thu, 27 January 2005 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its going to seem sus, if you want for so long to call the cops you should have done it first thing. If this guy is a big meani then the soliciter shit wont scare him a bit. But when he finds out cops are after him he wil be shitting bricks then you bring soliciter into it!
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: call the cops or seek a solicitor Sat, 29 January 2005 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you know where he is, just organise some pipe-hitting nigga's to go to work on his ass...

Seriously though, you should have enough mates who can handle themselves?

Tim.
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: call the cops or seek a solicitor Sun, 30 January 2005 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wouldn't waste the money on a lawyer, and the cops may come but it'll be hard to prove and it's unlikely they'll do anything about it. Probably the fastest/best way is to get some mates, a trailer and go and get your stuff back.

A more expensive, dangerous but effective option would be arrange a member of the motorcycle riding fraternity visit him to ensure he pays what he owes. It will cost you some money though, and is probably illegal so I'd never do it. Smile

[Updated on: Sun, 30 January 2005 23:28]

EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: call the cops or seek a solicitor Mon, 31 January 2005 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why are you even asking what to do? go get your shit back, walk in, grab your shit, walk out, bring some mates for the heavy stuff...

maybe he'll come on the forums and ask what to do about you coming in and getting your shit back?

seriously dude, you shouldnt even need to ask, get your shit back, if he refuses, call the cops, if that dont work, then go back and get your shit...

bitch slap the hell out of him.
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: call the cops or seek a solicitor Mon, 31 January 2005 21:32 Go to previous message
'shifted away'??? are you trying to say he moved out?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Donkey Konga
Next Topic:For all you cat lovers
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 2 02:49:01 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059099197387695 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.