Toymods » Tech & Conversions » MA61 People with extensive Sterio Install

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
SupraBOY
Regular

September 2002

MA61 People with extensive Sterio Install Mon, 11 November 2002 10:04 Go to next message
Just wondering if there was anyone on here with a ma61 supra that has done a big install job of their car sterio equiptment.

pictures or links would be mostly appreciated as i would like to see what u have done and get a few ideas of my own.

Thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: MA61 People with extensive Sterio Install Tue, 12 November 2002 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I love my exhaust note so i only have a radio Rolling Eyes

haha nah i did a custom install into the doors of my last car and ive decieded not to do that on this one. Every window rattled due to the excessive bass.

Standard speaker mounts shall be used. Just gonna get some kenwood 4inch's for the dash and some clarion 5'1/4 for the gay rear speaker mounts, seriously what a stupid speaker size!

Gonna try and keep the interior as stock as possible

haha retro maroon! Very Happy

[Updated on: Tue, 12 November 2002 02:54]

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 People with extensive Sterio Install Tue, 12 November 2002 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fraid not, plan to keep it fairly the same as what I did with the Celica. I got some door pods made up to house some 6.5" Pioneer speakers, probably going for splits this time.
I've got an amp that runs those under my seat and just a single 12" Pioneer sub in a box so its easy to take out when I need the boot.

The best thing I did though, was when I took the interior and swapped it for a black one, I made sure all the panels were on properly and tight. No matter how loud I go, I don't get annoying vibrations... Very Happy

These are the door pods. $75 and the black vinyl they use almost perfectly matches the Supra interior.
http://users.bigpond.net.au/justcallmefrank/celica /pod001.jpg
http://users.bigpond.net.au/justcallmefrank/celica /pod002.jpg
http://users.bigpond.net.au/justcallmefrank/celica /pod003.jpg

[Updated on: Tue, 12 November 2002 03:15]

BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: MA61 People with extensive Sterio Install Tue, 12 November 2002 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had some serious fat 3 ways in all doors that required a 1 inch spacer because they were 7 inchs and hella big magnets Smile

it wasnt the trim that rattled....it was the glass!
SUPRAGTE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MA61 People with extensive Sterio Install Tue, 12 November 2002 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I used to have a semi decent system with 10 stacker, 7x10's, 12inch carbon fibre sub and a 5 channel amp but some fully sick bro's decided to steel it from me. Carnts!

Then i started my new stereo build up, had an amp in the garage but got broken into on the weekend and they took my new 4 channel amp from the shelf and stood on the bonnet of my new supra. Jeese these ppl are so kind, dole bludging junky westies! Evil or Very Mad
SupraBOY
Regular

September 2002

Re: MA61 People with extensive Sterio Install Tue, 12 November 2002 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry to hear that SUPRAGTE... just noticed your car looks like mine. or should i say my car looks like yours since i had the paint job.

So i guess it's up to me to be the first extensive Supra sterio guru.

Well. i'll be starting on the false floor this weekend, and for all u guys i'll take some progress pics as i add to my system.

Got a nice Lanzar 1200D amp powering 2 12" DVC (2ohm) Type R's.
Fusion fr4-1000x will be running my splits.

Door pods will get made after i get some (most probably) lanzar speakers/splits. i'll just have my alpine 172A's running at the back for now in some made up pods.

should be good if i take my time.
Smile
SupraBOY
Regular

September 2002

Re: MA61 People with extensive Sterio Install Tue, 12 November 2002 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stupid thing decided to stuff up on me.

[Updated on: Tue, 12 November 2002 11:58]

Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MA61 People with extensive Sterio Install Tue, 12 November 2002 12:50 Go to previous message
SupraGTE: a familiar story, which is why my stereo install is going to be fully stealth. Head unit will live in the glovebox, while the crappy factory head unit will remain in the dash. Speakers will be hidden in the factory locations. A potential car thief wouldn't even waste his time!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:RA65 --> 1jzgte conversion and q's
Next Topic:Water-Air Intercooling Questions ...
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 14 01:08:04 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0038759708404541 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.