Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
BIG guy
Occasional Poster

September 2004
best PC games? Fri, 28 January 2005 14:21 Go to next message
what are the best or your favourite PC games around?
  Send a private message to this user    
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: best PC games? Fri, 28 January 2005 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
single player...

Return to castle wolfenstein,
GTA III
GTA Vice City
NFSU
NFSU 2
the all time, bestest game of the worldness, Gran Turismo 3
Siphon Filter 1 & 2
Halo, and Halo 2, even though the end was shitty
Moto GP

Multiplayer
Halo 2 ROCKS Xbox Live
Counter-Strike
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Battlefield Series and Mods
Adrenix, old old old old old old old skool
Quake III Arena
Gran Turismo 3
Moto GP on the Xbox live thingy
last but not least Colin Mcrae Rally 05

all of these, and to think, i dont even play games anymore, imagine if i still did!
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: best PC games? Fri, 28 January 2005 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Playing Half-Life 2 at the moment. Still enjoy the odd game of Counter Strike & Raven Shield...

And if I really want to waste a few days then Civilisation 3 wins hands down Cool
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: best PC games? Fri, 28 January 2005 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
age of empires 2 Cool

Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: best PC games? Fri, 28 January 2005 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It sucks now, but the best online games I've ever played where Day of Defeat and Fire Arms. Both Half Life mods. Loved those games.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: best PC games? Fri, 28 January 2005 16:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dod and fa were alright, but cs:source! thats worth an investment
+ u get the mods that come with it too... (when they come out)
http://www.planethalflife.com/images/screensnew/cs_compound_02.jpg

only problem is need high speed internet + good comp Confused
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: best PC games? Fri, 28 January 2005 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone else recognise the van in that screenshot? I think it's the same one your "puppy dog" in single player picks up and throws at a bunch of baddies Smile
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: best PC games? Fri, 28 January 2005 23:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Warcraft 3!
alex_ta22
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: best PC games? Sat, 29 January 2005 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no i disagree, i think donkey Kong is the greatest game of all time
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: best PC games? Sat, 29 January 2005 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Atm I'm playing World of Warcraft... Its good.

Some of my favourites:

Mafia
GTA: Vice City

Uhhh, memory blank, all I can think of is the leisure suit larry series (minus Magna Cum Laude aka LSL: 8 - was shtihouse)
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: best PC games? Sat, 29 January 2005 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

AoE2
Crimson Skies
FS2004
MTG (an oldie, but a goodie)
PG2
B17 Memphis Belle
Air Bucks
Emperor ROTMK (love this game)

BG, Warcraft, Diablo are okay also.

seeyuzz
river
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: best PC games? Sat, 29 January 2005 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I been playin a mmorpg called Dark age of Camelot for almost 3 yrs, its taken a bit of a hit in players since world of warcraft was released but its still fun.

If you ever did fantasy role playing like Rolemaster or d&d you will like it, its not everyones cup of tea tho Smile

CS source would have to be the best fps atm
I play a bit of NFSU2 when i get bored but I've lost interest a bit.
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: best PC games? Sat, 29 January 2005 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BIG guy wrote on Sat, 29 January 2005 00:21

what are the best or your favourite PC games around?

I'd have to say most things published by SSI. The gold box series of games is right up there for sure.

Sierra "quest" games.

Anything ultima.

The only games that have come out in the last 5 (at least) years that I like playing again and again are only diablo 2 and GTA:VC. Just before those would have been the baldur's gate series of games.

I did like NWN, but not to replay again and again really. 3rd ED rules give me the shits too much.

Generally anything RPG or adventure really.
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: best PC games? Sat, 29 January 2005 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dust wrote on Sat, 29 January 2005 13:28

I been playin a mmorpg called Dark age of Camelot for almost 3 yrs, its taken a bit of a hit in players since world of warcraft was released but its still fun.

If you ever did fantasy role playing like Rolemaster or d&d you will like it, its not everyones cup of tea tho Smile

I played DAOC when it was first released for about 6 months, also played it a bit during beta(friend had a beta account). Was thinking of getting into it again today but as i cant remember my old account details i'd have to buy a new copy to get started. That and for some reason my computer freezes when i have either my CDROM or CDRW connected(wont move past detecting the HDD's. as in it'll detect the HDD's then freeze so i've had to disable the cd drive in bios Sad ) So even if i could remember my old account details it'd be useless as i cant install it Razz

As for favourite games. I havnt really played anything lately due to this machine slowly getting older and less and less reliable. But i used to play heaps of AOE2, DoD and a bit of CS. Also dabbled in Ultima Online for about 5 years.
Not sure what i would consider the best PC game is.
I would say that the Ultima series is the best game series released to date.
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: best PC games? Sat, 29 January 2005 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i cant believe no one has said morrowind yet!
cant wait for oblivion Very Happy
InterCooL
Newcomer

January 2005
Re: best PC games? Sat, 29 January 2005 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
half life 1
doom I / II (and their re-makes)
stunts
street rod I / II
live for speed (www.liveforspeed.net plug plug)
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: best PC games? Sat, 29 January 2005 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cyber-punk wrote on Sat, 29 January 2005 17:09

Dust wrote on Sat, 29 January 2005 13:28

I played DAOC when it was first released for about 6 months, also played it a bit during beta(friend had a beta account). Was thinking of getting into it again today but as i cant remember my old account details i'd have to buy a new copy to get started. That and for some reason my computer freezes when i have either my CDROM or CDRW connected(wont move past detecting the HDD's. as in it'll detect the HDD's then freeze so i've had to disable the cd drive in bios Sad ) So even if i could remember my old account details it'd be useless as i cant install it Razz

As for favourite games. I havnt really played anything lately due to this machine slowly getting older and less and less reliable. But i used to play heaps of AOE2, DoD and a bit of CS. Also dabbled in Ultima Online for about 5 years.
Not sure what i would consider the best PC game is.
I would say that the Ultima series is the best game series released to date.

I got a couple of 14 day trial accnts laying around and you can now download what you need to play, can hook you up if you wanted to get back into it Smile, If you just happen to play my erver/realm I can equip u aswell Smile
Dirty_Sanchez
Regular

January 2004

Re: best PC games? Mon, 31 January 2005 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i still play ultima online but i got sick of having to pay for it all the time that is, until i found out you can play on free servers.

There's one server that's based in aus that most aussie's play on, quite fun and FREE
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: best PC games? Tue, 01 February 2005 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What free aus server?

I left UO a bit after factions. I didnt like the way the game was going (losing its PVP focus bigtime, which was the part of the game I most enjoyed).

Tried a few free severs but didnt like them much and they were sloooow. But a good server in Aus sounds dreamy!
Sigmeister
Regular

June 2004
Re: best PC games? Tue, 01 February 2005 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Lucasarts fans?

I Love Lucasarts Adventure games, right back to maniac mansion and Zac McKracken. Awesome! Mmonkey Island, Full Throttle, Sam and Max. Also the Sierra series adventure games (Police wuest, space wuest, kings quest etc.)

Some other notables are Under a killing Moon and 7th Guest\11th Hour.

I feel old, I suspect most of you would never have heard of any of these
*sigh*
Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: best PC games? Tue, 01 February 2005 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GTA (original and #4)
Halflife
Halflife2
Live for speed (GTI powah!)
vampire the masquerade
Mechwarrior 2
Freespace
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: best PC games? Tue, 01 February 2005 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Star Wars - Battlefront is what i'm playing atm... it's quite cool!
ra23mad
Forums Junkie

September 2003

Re: best PC games? Tue, 01 February 2005 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Best of the 'OLD games'

Monkey Island 1, 2, 3 (Not an old game but you know)and 4
Sam and Max
(I nearly cried when they said they weren't going to release Sam and Max 2)
Day of the Tentacle
Police Quest 1 - 4
Space Quest 1 - 3
Myst and Riven (too a lesser extent)
DOOM & DOOM II
Diablo
Dune 1 + 2 + 2000
Warcraft II

Best of the New games
Need for speed underground 2 (when I'm bored)
probably more but I can't be bothered thinking...

*thinking monkey island got me itching to play it again*

-=-=--
"Look behind you a three headed monkey"

"how appropriate..you fight like a cow"

Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: best PC games? Tue, 01 February 2005 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sam and max hit the road.......... arrrr i remember those days, such an awesome game. Same goes to monkey island etc.

At the moment, Dawn of war (i iz da biggest so i iz da leader..... gotta love the orks), Fifa2005 etc. etc.
WANTED_AE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: best PC games? Tue, 01 February 2005 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Day of the tentacle!! same makers of sam and max!! was the bomb!!! as well as its predecessor ZAC MACCRACKEN and Maniac Mansion!!! WOOT POINT N CLICK ROCKS!!! remember the old days of walk and type?..

hehe something like..

"get bread"

"look sink"

"put bread in sink"

"eat bread from sink" -i cannot do that

Sigmeister!! wasnt Maniac Mansion became a hidden game in Day of the Tentacles?

*i need a new pc... i love my ps2 and xbox!!! and my ugli 2 hachi rokus...

[Updated on: Tue, 01 February 2005 16:57]

Fujiwara_ToFu
Regular

March 2004

Re: best PC games? Tue, 01 February 2005 17:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine is this RPG that was never released in AUS on the SNES called "chrono trigger".

some reason my video store had it, i burrowed it (cuz it resembled dragon ball at the time, same designer) and when it came on ROM i played it straight.

My favourites would be Starcraft, Medl of Honor, CS (long live beta 4! L337 as)

i liked doom 3, GTA: San Andreas, GT3 (havent play 4 yet obviously) and i think ive missed out on any MMORPG cuz i have 56k.

I dont play much now but i still love old school mario / mario kart, Q3, UT and all the games that made me fail VCE. Wink
God i miss the days...

-Jay

Fujiwara_ToFu
Regular

March 2004

Re: best PC games? Tue, 01 February 2005 17:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm, i didn't really like monkey island 4... i felt it was missing sometihng.

Monkey island 3 was the BEST (and funniest IMO) and the other 2 were excellent given they were made the same time my sprinter was.

DOTT, Full throttle, Sam & Max, Indiana jones & the temple of the aztec, fire thing with WHOOSH and the donkey punch: Classic

The Dig, El fandango : not so memorable

Quick question people: Can anyone get these old games to work on a XP OS?

What about sound? (how good was soundblaster 16 back in the day)

-Jay

bman
Regular

November 2003
Re: best PC games? Tue, 01 February 2005 21:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hot rods 1 & 2
monkey island
ea's indy 500
allan border/graeme gooch cricket
and the hardest racing sim ever - grand prix legends!
alex_ta22
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: best PC games? Tue, 01 February 2005 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You mean StreetRod 1& 2? there also making a third now
RA40Celica
Regular

June 2002
  chris_rg@jabber.org
Re: best PC games? Wed, 02 February 2005 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

GTR: FIA GT Racing - Dont think its released worldwide yet, but i got my german copy via bit torrent... wicked game, best driving sim for PC ive seen. Even comes with MoTeC Interpreter for reading datalogs from game.

Half-life 2: say no more

GTA III awesome
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: best PC games? Wed, 02 February 2005 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Playing Pirates! at the moment, which is great, and a little NFSUII.

Before that, Medal of Honour Pacific Assault, Call of Duty, Farcry, Doom III (haven't finished), Vice City

Lucasarts adventures were fantastic!! I can't remember how many tiems I've played monkey island 1 Smile
CRAB-86
Regular

September 2003
Re: best PC games? Wed, 02 February 2005 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Call of Duty, and expansion.
For its day origional Unreal (not tournement, although that was good to) rocked on
WANTED_AE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: best PC games? Wed, 02 February 2005 16:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TORIYAMA Akira... yes he rocks in character designs ey jay? u should try something like TOBAL NO.1 and TOBAL2... man tobal rocks..
ae86trueno
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: best PC games? Wed, 02 February 2005 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Richard Burns Rally second to none for a car sim,(does it surprise anyone Very Happy )

Great physics, real stages, and really good graphics (my 1 year old 5900 struggles ocassionally) sh#$s all over any racing sym.

Ben.
Sigmeister
Regular

June 2004
Re: best PC games? Wed, 02 February 2005 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sigmeister!! wasnt Maniac Mansion became a hidden game in Day of the Tentacles?

Yes, You play the PC in Wierd Ed's office and you can play it (I think this was only available on the CD version). Which I have Very Happy

Quick question people: Can anyone get these old games to work on a XP OS?

Yes!! I just found an app a few weeks ago called SCUMMVM, it runs anything that used the SCUMM engine (IE all Lucasarts games). Indy Jones and last cruse is another winner, hard to get a hold of, but good, one of the only ones where you can die. You can is Zac too from memory.

I also played Chronotrigger. Very awesome I would have to say as brilliant as it is, I like Secret of Mana better. Another good one that is hard to get is Secret of Evermore. I have it on my SNES
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: best PC games? Wed, 02 February 2005 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The is an emulator for all those old Lucasarts adventure games.

Check out http://www.scummvm.org

I've been playing all the oldies:

The Dig
DOTT
Sam n Max
Indiana Jones and Fate of Atlantis / Last Cruisade
Monkey island 1, 2, 3

I think thats it.

EDIT: See above post Very Happy

Forgot to mention Loom! I managed to get a copy of the vga talkie version (apparently rare).

[Updated on: Wed, 02 February 2005 22:25]

ehendrikd
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: best PC games? Wed, 02 February 2005 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
one of my favorite pc games was "truck dismount"

http://dismount.4t.com/whats_new.html

incredibly simple idea, loads of fun. basically you set up a scene where a crash test dummy is in a truck heading towards a wall. you can move the dummy position, add some jumps, and the goal is to simply damage the dummy as much as possible Laughing

[Updated on: Wed, 02 February 2005 22:47]

Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: best PC games? Thu, 03 February 2005 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol that is fun
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: best PC games? Thu, 03 February 2005 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alex_ta22 wrote on Sat, 29 January 2005 11:27

no i disagree, i think donkey Kong is the greatest game of all time

lol

Donkey kong sucks

"O'Doyle Rules"
alex_ta22
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: best PC games? Thu, 03 February 2005 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ehendrikd wrote on Thu, 03 February 2005 09:39

one of my favorite pc games was "truck dismount"

http://dismount.4t.com/whats_new.html

incredibly simple idea, loads of fun. basically you set up a scene where a crash test dummy is in a truck heading towards a wall. you can move the dummy position, add some jumps, and the goal is to simply damage the dummy as much as possible Laughing

you seen the stair dismount(?) version where u position the guy on the stircase?
Freddoaw11
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: best PC games? Thu, 03 February 2005 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you guys are forgetting the best adventure series

GOBLINS I and II damn those two little guys did some crazy funny stuff, for example to get past a giant or a troll cant really remember what it was you got him drunk with some wine and he would fall asleep but if you used said wine on yourself...

i also played uo for years factions killed it then i kept playing just for the community i played on oceania had i character called Garahm AxeArm doubt anyone would know.

Anyway best game has to be PIRATES! new remake just came out of firaxis games get this all the good gameplay of the old game but with the new eye candy and some monotony taken out AVAST

goodbye
Kodoku
Regular

January 2005
icon14.gif  Re: best PC games? Thu, 03 February 2005 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PACMAN ROCKS!!!

http://napps.nwfusion.com/weblogs/cool/archives/PacMan.jpg
WANTED_AE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: best PC games? Thu, 03 February 2005 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PORRUSTURVATT!!!
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: best PC games? Thu, 03 February 2005 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i like teh org1nal prince of pers1a game, that game rocked my box, and it ran off a 66 mhz system, un,bloody,beleivable!

also, the original leisure suit larry.

teh all time goodest ever gamez0r, BATTLETOADS MULTIPLAYER!!!!! could never get past that race car bit, shit it pissed me off
Shiftlock
Regular

Banned User

October 2004
Re: best PC games? Thu, 03 February 2005 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
best game is definately.....solitaire
Julz01
Regular

December 2004
Re: best PC games? Fri, 04 February 2005 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GTA Vice city (PC)

Rainbow Six: Black arrow
Halo 2
Mech Assult 2
NFSU2

all on xbox live

anyone here got xbl

[Updated on: Fri, 04 February 2005 09:27]

gigante
Regular

January 2005
Re: best PC games? Sat, 05 February 2005 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cs:sourse!!!

madd game, play it all the time at my cuzins!!!
Bradelz
Regular

June 2004
Re: best PC games? Sat, 05 February 2005 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey,
Whats with that truck dismount game i dont get all the options? Anyways favourite games would be :
World Of Warcraft(currently still playing)
Half Life 2 was good
Dawn of War
Battlefield 1942
Grand Prix Legends - as bman said its the hardest game to win on,
cya
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: best PC games? Mon, 07 February 2005 11:30 Go to previous message
Xwing series from lucasarts ..

Jedi knight for crushing stormtrooper windpipes or forcepushing them off a cliff " AAAarargghhh! " crunch

Command and conquer was pretty cool ..

halo 1 and 2 on Xbox -

Any of the grand tourismo's on PS

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Fight road rage.
Next Topic:UNIDEN GPS205 GPS/UHF COMBO
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 12:19:24 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.018831014633179 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar