Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
1ggte89
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Car wont rev past 3,500 Sat, 29 January 2005 05:41 Go to next message
i dunno but after not having turned the car on for about a week it wont hit boost it goes to 3,500 and then backs off
  Send a private message to this user    
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Car wont rev past 3,500 Sat, 29 January 2005 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cat might have melted
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Car wont rev past 3,500 Sun, 30 January 2005 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
check your igniters.

i remember reading a prob some1 had with a 4agze they bout and put in a AW11 Mr2 .... wouldnt rev past 4k

turns out it used a diesel 4wd's igniter .... these redlne at like 3500 4000 rpm.

changed to gze igniters and all was good. so with this in mind your igniters might be faulty or something?

Cheers

Nathan
Kyosho
Regular

November 2004
Re: Car wont rev past 3,500 Mon, 31 January 2005 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm going to assume it is a 1G-GTE (From your name)

Now then...
Has it been raining recently?

Because the electrical system CAN get wet and cause things to stuff up...

I don't know much on how the 1G-GTE is set up to fire though...
But it could be plugs or leads dieing etc if it feels like a fuel cut / ign cut...

You haven't really explained though why it won't rev past 3500RPM... Can you explain the symptoms when at those revs...
Is it just like a flat spot?
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Car wont rev past 3,500 Mon, 31 January 2005 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, when you break it down, it can only be one of three things, right? It's not getting SPARK, FUEL, or AIR. Now it's probably not air, but I suppose it could be. That'd be my last place to look. HOWEVER, that said, it may have a vacuum leak, cause both a) the turbos not to boost and b) the engine cutting out after a bit. Although, vacuum leaks normally cause idling issues.

If the turbos aren't spooling though, it may be something to do with the fuel. IE it's not getting enough hence not enough gas flow, or more likely the other end of the scale, for some other reason it's getting too much fuel, and not igniting it properly hence making the turbos not spool properly.

Although

My favourite option would be your ignition system, as everybody else has said. If it's such a finite cut off point, it's more likely to be ignition. The ignition, surprisinly would actually affect the turbos spooling quite a lot.

So, that said, my first port of call would be.
Check leads and cap.
Change spark plugs.
Get a multi-meter and check the voltage levels going to ignitors and coils and such.
That said, it could be power or signal to the AFM or something like that too, so check those bits and pieces.
put a timing light on it and see what it does too.
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Car wont rev past 3,500 Mon, 31 January 2005 06:36 Go to previous message
Sounds like what my car is doing. We put this down to the AFM maxing out though unless you have changed the turbo to a larger item within that week i doubt it would be that problem. Could be a fault with your afm, or you could be not getting enough fuel due to your fuel votage module thingy in your engine bay not switching your fuel pumps 6v at idle to 12v.

Cheers Adam
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:18" rims on a AE92.... how?
Next Topic:Brisbane machine shop
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 23:53:50 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0050380229949951 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.