Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Car Seats to Computer Chair Sat, 29 January 2005 12:15 Go to next message
Hey All,

I have a set of SA63 seats and it would be a damn shame to throw them out so I decided to make a computer chair out of them... Does anyone have an idea where/how to get a base and a set of casters for it?

Cheers.
  Send a private message to this user    
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Car Seats to Computer Chair Sat, 29 January 2005 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
youe best bet would be to go to an auction and buy a chair and take it from there
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Car Seats to Computer Chair Sat, 29 January 2005 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Would they be good enough?
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Car Seats to Computer Chair Sat, 29 January 2005 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
moast office chairs (min included) have 4-6 bolts on the base of chair - i'd attach a flat plate to underneath the sa63 seats, sit a chair base on the upturned seat, drill holes to suit then assemble.

don't forget that the car seats are heavier than the office chaire so if you lean back to far, it'll tip up.

i'd suggest you use the seats as adjustable drinking seats and keep them at floor level - that way when you fall out of one while SUI (seated under the influence of alcohol) you wont fall far Wink
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Car Seats to Computer Chair Sat, 29 January 2005 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't drink as I am a responsible MA61 Owner Laughing

I want to recline the chair back a little so i might need to get a good quality caster set...

Cheers.
Rex_Kelway
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Car Seats to Computer Chair Sat, 29 January 2005 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rex is actually sitting in his computer sports seat right now.

He just hacked the pedestall and castors off some old piece of shit computer chair he had at home and mangled together an adaptor majig.

Try and get a pic for yer on the morrow...
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: Car Seats to Computer Chair Sat, 29 January 2005 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got an MX73 (that I got from Wilbo) seat at my parent's place I was attempting to make into a computer chair, i stripped some shitty old thing back to it's frame, i sat the seat on top, and then.. kinda gave up for a bit.
The seat did come in handy when someone came around to visit, sat on it, fell to the floor and had the seat land on them. Was pretty funny.
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Car Seats to Computer Chair Sat, 29 January 2005 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think the balance thing is all to do with how you put it together. Try it out before you start drilling holes... Sit on it and see how far forward it needs to be so that it is balanced. Get the centre of gravity over the centre of the chair base and you'll be fine.

Maybe disable the recline lever/wheel so that no idiots can lean it back and fall backwards.
alex_ta22
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Car Seats to Computer Chair Sat, 29 January 2005 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you can just extend the legs out a little more and u can put the seat wherever
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Car Seats to Computer Chair Mon, 31 January 2005 06:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.robotics.com/chair/

this is what you need

http://www.robotics.com/chair/chair4.jpg
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Car Seats to Computer Chair Mon, 31 January 2005 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
autobarn in lonsdale st melb city has a computer chair bucket seat. u can go have a look and get an idea tim
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Car Seats to Computer Chair Wed, 02 February 2005 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Autotecnica sell castors (casters?) to suit all their seats.

http://www.autotecnica.com.au/content/seat_images2/spoff.jpg

Maybe buy something off them?
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Car Seats to Computer Chair Wed, 02 February 2005 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was messing around with the chair today... No good. I have to devise something using the seat rails to bolt onto the base of chair thingy Mad oh well... Looks like this plan is going on the back burner till I can get an Idea.

Cheers.
4AGE
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Car Seats to Computer Chair Mon, 14 February 2005 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Castors suck hard.
Go to bunnings n use some real wheels. Wheelbarrow or trailer.
Castors get snagged all the time./
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Car Seats to Computer Chair Tue, 15 February 2005 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i already have the basic plans laid out in my head.... Very Happy
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Car Seats to Computer Chair Tue, 15 February 2005 08:03 Go to previous message
You should just get an old comp chair, hack off the top bit n just have the base and casters, then some how dodgily attatch the seat, with glue, sticky tape, your choice of adhesive, wire, welder, or if your a real man, balance.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Who wants GMail invites?!
Next Topic:Run Rabbit, run, run, run
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 16:06:11 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0065610408782959 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.