Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
mcnicol
Occasional Poster

September 2003
Seat options for RA28 Sun, 30 January 2005 02:34 Go to next message
I'm looking to upgrade seats in my RA28 project.

Has anyone bought sports sets through eBay, I've seen a couple of regularly advertised new seats, but would value input from anyone adapting them to their project cars.

Also I was a Summernats and talked to a guy (before security told him to move the car off the grass)with an RAxx who told me he used Cordia seats (Recaro manufactured) and basically put the bottom cushion in the old celica seat pan and added the cordia back to it. I'd like to know more.

Send a private message to this user    
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Seat options for RA28 Sun, 30 January 2005 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MA61 seats (also apparently designed by Recaro) are a relatively easy fit. I'll be doing this conversion shortly in my RA23.
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Seat options for RA28 Sun, 30 January 2005 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RA60 seats "almost" bolt straight in and they aren't too bad. A fair bit better than the original anyway.

You have to make 4 brackets to move 2 bolt holes per seat about 1.5" to get them in.

Tim.
badboybubby
Regular

On Probation

March 2004
Re: Seat options for RA28 Sun, 30 January 2005 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Let us know how you go RA im wanting to do the same someone put liberty seats in mine Mad
hickoz_bro
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Seat options for RA28 Mon, 21 March 2005 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah.... same here, would like to know what i can do to update the old stock pews...
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Seat options for RA28 Mon, 21 March 2005 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
assuming that ra28 seats are the same as ra40's

then MX62 seats will nearly bolt in .....2 holes line up, other 2 dont quite....probly same as ra60 seats

the mx62 seat (only driver seat) i have is velure material, has lumbar support, and up and down at the front.

also for me because i am short....they are the perfect height (ie. higher than standard).

very comfortable

brett
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Seat options for RA28 Mon, 21 March 2005 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you go to the trouble of RA60 seats, I'd strongly suggest MA61 seats. They will require the exact same amount of effort, but are MUCH more comfortable.
Major Clod
Regular

August 2003
Re: Seat options for RA28 Tue, 22 March 2005 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Apparently the MX5 seats are a nice fit once in, and aren't much higher than stock. The MX5's i've been in have always seemed quite comfortable, and you are keeping that nice sport look. You will have to screw around with mounts though.
benen
Regular

August 2003
Re: Seat options for RA28 Tue, 22 March 2005 12:02 Go to previous message
ive seen mazda familia seats in a ta23. Apparently very easy to fit. Ill be doing this shortly. Very nice looking seat.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:MA61 + 1UZ-FE = 50UPD
Next Topic:Is it worth modifying the valve seats on my TA22 (2T Engine) Celica for use with unleaded petrol?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:22:13 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0042328834533691 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.