Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Con's RA28 Is it still around? (now with original feature from street machine)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
BlackMR2
Regular

December 2004
Con's RA28 Is it still around? (now with original feature from street machine) Sun, 30 January 2005 15:26 Go to next message
several years ago in street machine (still have it at home) I saw an article about Con Mitropolis's Black RA28.

He is from Sydney and the car had a 3.5L rover V8 fitted and was the most amazing RA28 i have ever seen. I used to own a restored and modded RA28 myself.

Anyway just wondering if anyone knows if this car is still around?

It is seriously sex on wheels!

[img]http://imageshack.us]

[Updated on: Tue, 16 August 2005 02:30]

Send a private message to this user    
BlackMR2
Regular

December 2004
Re: Con's RA28 Is it still around? (now with original feature from street machine) Wed, 09 February 2005 16:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
now before anyone gets anoyed that i scanned the article...

it's 5 years old (march 2000 edition) and obviously won't stop you buying the new edition and it's a free plug for street machine anyway.

anway, i love this car! so anyone know anything more about it from more recent times?
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Con's RA28 Is it still around? (now with original feature from street machine) Wed, 09 February 2005 18:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont know the car or anything like that but DAMN that is soooooooo sexy!!!
BlackMR2
Regular

December 2004
Re: Con's RA28 Is it still around? (now with original feature from street machine) Thu, 10 February 2005 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh it's horn!

i had that mag while i was doing up my ra28 and that car was gonna be an inspiration....till i checked my bank account and realised there was no way i could get mine quite like that one
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Con's RA28 Is it still around? (now with original feature from street machine) Thu, 10 February 2005 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why doesnt the car have the rear vent things on the quarters???
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Con's RA28 Is it still around? (now with original feature from street machine) Thu, 10 February 2005 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Absolutely gorgeous.
Would be better with an nice toyota v8 or something but very cool
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Con's RA28 Is it still around? (now with original feature from street machine) Thu, 10 February 2005 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its not uncommon for ppl to shave the vents off...i guess it helps with the mustang look?...its a matter of taste i guess...
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Con's RA28 Is it still around? (now with original feature from street machine) Thu, 10 February 2005 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked Thats Hot, looks a little like a mustang Very Happy . If thats its current plate, il find out if the cars still alive, i know some people that know some people if you know what i mean Cool .

[Updated on: Thu, 10 February 2005 07:24]

jcmunga
Regular

November 2004
Re: Con's RA28 Is it still around? (now with original feature from street machine) Thu, 10 February 2005 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Embarassed i dont think i should stand up for a while Razz
that is one sexy machine

im thinking of removing the rear vents also.

just out of interest what are people thoughts on gunmetal grey on an ra28??

[Updated on: Thu, 10 February 2005 07:25]

smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Con's RA28 Is it still around? (now with original feature from street machine) Thu, 10 February 2005 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jcmunga wrote on Thu, 10 February 2005 18:25

Embarassed i dont think i should stand up for a while Razz
that is one sexy machine

im thinking of removing the rear vents also.

just out of interest what are people thoughts on gunmetal grey on an ra28??

Gunmetal grey and silver, its all good Very Happy . Whats the original colour?.
jcmunga
Regular

November 2004
Re: Con's RA28 Is it still around? (now with original feature from street machine) Thu, 10 February 2005 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
origional is green so thats definately going
BlackMR2
Regular

December 2004
Re: Con's RA28 Is it still around? (now with original feature from street machine) Thu, 10 February 2005 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is my old girl. Xr6 Ford Blue/purple Mica from memory. I always liked this colour. originally my 14" cheviot multi spokes where gun metal grey and that with the blue looked cool but these ROH ZS rims in 16" i grew to love

[Updated on: Tue, 16 August 2005 02:39]

smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Con's RA28 Is it still around? (now with original feature from street machine) Thu, 10 February 2005 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very nice, how much did you sell it for?.
BlackMR2
Regular

December 2004
Re: Con's RA28 Is it still around? (now with original feature from street machine) Thu, 10 February 2005 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
some options

edit 16/8/05

retouched colour scheme pics of my blue ra28 now gone

that mosaic transluscent wouldn't be much fun for a spray painter though

[Updated on: Tue, 16 August 2005 02:43]

jcmunga
Regular

November 2004
Re: Con's RA28 Is it still around? (now with original feature from street machine) Thu, 10 February 2005 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that grey looks tuf, love that colour
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Con's RA28 Is it still around? (now with original feature from street machine) Thu, 10 February 2005 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img154.exs.cx/img154/7356/774lb.jpg

http://img154.exs.cx/img154/4134/shavedventsra294ls.jpg SHAVED GUN METAL RA28

magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Con's RA28 Is it still around? (now with original feature from street machine) Thu, 10 February 2005 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img154.exs.cx/img154/7356/774lb.jpg

http://img154.exs.cx/img154/4134/shavedventsra294ls.jpg SHAVED GUN METAL RA28

i reakon it looks pretty hot....

gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Con's RA28 Is it still around? (now with original feature from street machine) Mon, 14 February 2005 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I want more pics of sexy RA28's damn it. Ooops I'm getting excited at work, someone's bound to pick up on the fact that I'm not doing my work.
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Con's RA28 Is it still around? (now with original feature from street machine) Mon, 14 February 2005 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah get back to work ya slacker Razz
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Con's RA28 Is it still around? (now with original feature from street machine) Mon, 14 February 2005 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh that one from the US is hot,the one with the wing is great except for the ricy wing and stikkers, I still cant understand why people put any wings on the old celicas Rolling Eyes
jcmunga
Regular

November 2004
Re: Con's RA28 Is it still around? (now with original feature from street machine) Mon, 14 February 2005 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i totally agree. ta/ra + massive wing = shit

i saw a guy here in adelaide last week with a red ra28 with a massive 180sx style drift wing, it looked so crap.
we pulled up next to him and he reccons hes got 196kw from an 18rg with forged pistons and shit so i told him to flex it and my mates magna shat on it.

hmm, if thats the extent of a worked 18rg im glad i chose the 1g.
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Con's RA28 Is it still around? (now with original feature from street machine) Mon, 14 February 2005 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Don't the vents on the side promote flow-through ventilation?

Oh, the photoshop colours of the RA28 are very nice, but I think that electric-metallic red colour is the ducks nuts. Totally spastic colour, I love it Smile

seeyuzz
river
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Con's RA28 Is it still around? (now with original feature from street machine) Mon, 14 February 2005 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the gunmetal one eneds to be a few shades darker and would be awesome
mcostalos
Regular

February 2005

Ok... First things First... Mon, 14 February 2005 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a RA28 Celica... Now if i knew how to post pictures i would... I have a pict of my Red RA28 Celica before my accident. I bought another and now a rebuild is nearly complete...

Funnily enough, in respect to colour I am faced with two options. It's been primered and ready to go...

(a) BMW Dark Metallic Grey, with a custom fiberglass front end to look like "Elanor" from Gone In 60 Secs, along with Black GT stripes to match.

OR (b) Candy Apple Red as like my display picture.

Also, i need help on deciding rims... Do you think 18" rims are too extreme and i'm just asking for trouble?

Also, would love to see some more PS picts... I have some to put up if someone tells me how.
Michael
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Con's RA28 Is it still around? (now with original feature from street machine) Mon, 14 February 2005 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You will need to find some space on the internet to hoast the pics. There are some places that will do it for free, but I couldn't tell you what they were.

Otherwise send them to me and I will hoast them for you.

gold28@optusnet.com.au
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Con's RA28 Is it still around? (now with original feature from street machine) Mon, 14 February 2005 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jcmunga wrote on Mon, 14 February 2005 19:15

i totally agree. ta/ra + massive wing = shit

i saw a guy here in adelaide last week with a red ra28 with a massive 180sx style drift wing, it looked so crap.
we pulled up next to him and he reccons hes got 196kw from an 18rg with forged pistons and shit so i told him to flex it and my mates magna shat on it.

hmm, if thats the extent of a worked 18rg im glad i chose the 1g.

is that the one with GT1 or GTONE on the plates?

if so yer 196rwkw Laughing Laughing /me falls off chair
BlackMR2
Regular

December 2004
Re: Con's RA28 Is it still around? (now with original feature from street machine) Tue, 15 February 2005 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
an 18rg stock engine is rated at about 112kw.... good luck getting to 196 on it
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Con's RA28 Is it still around? (now with original feature from street machine) Tue, 15 February 2005 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i would like to know about his rack conversion, no way a rover fits with steering box... been there tryed that in ra40 and rt81
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Con's RA28 Is it still around? (now with original feature from street machine) Tue, 15 February 2005 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here is Michael Costalos's RA28
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~nez_tony/mypic53.jpg

And here is some links to his photoshopped colour changes

Purple
Green
Grey
White
Black
Blue
Orange
Yellow
M.W.P.
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Con's RA28 Is it still around? (now with original feature from street machine) Tue, 15 February 2005 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jcmunga wrote on Mon, 14 February 2005 19:15

This guy turns up to CCC cruises.
The car is in pretty bad shape but he thinks the world of it.
He is always complaining the carbs are out of tune, hence the average performance of the car on the day Confused
He also thinks its a true RA28 GT Rolling Eyes
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Con's RA28 Is it still around? (now with original feature from street machine) Tue, 15 February 2005 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that red one is off the hook,its got a turbo 18rgeu from memory,as for the puppet with the wing on his tell him to stop dreamin..
mcostalos
Regular

February 2005

Re: Con's RA28 Is it still around? (now with original feature from street machine) Wed, 16 February 2005 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Look, that guy with Red Celica, with the wing is a bit slow. He's really a nice guy you know. He does metal polsihing, at really cheap prices if you ever need anything done and are in Adelaide. Btw, my red one you see puts out about 150kw at the fly wheel, and i clean him up in a drag. I just let him be. Poor guy. I honestly think it's all the shit he breaths in with his job.

Michael
M.W.P.
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Con's RA28 Is it still around? (now with original feature from street machine) Wed, 16 February 2005 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mcostalos wrote on Wed, 16 February 2005 22:45

Look, that guy with Red Celica, with the wing is a bit slow. He's really a nice guy you know.

Oh... yeh he is, i talk with him quite a bit when i do see him at the cruises.
con008
Newcomer

August 2005
Re: Con's RA28 Is it still around? (now with original feature from street machine) Mon, 15 August 2005 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, Con's BLACK 1977 RA28 is still around and doing well. I stumbled across the forum and thought I should reply. Any questions I'm more than happy to reply. Regards Con.
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Con's RA28 Is it still around? (now with original feature from street machine) Mon, 15 August 2005 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i cant see many of the pix posted Sad
and cons car is the very car i came across that made me look at the celicas n go mm yes i like them!

ever since then ive loved them....

so more pix of this car would fantastic!
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Con's RA28 Is it still around? (now with original feature from street machine) Mon, 15 August 2005 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is it now in brissy

i saw a rover V8 celica a while back
BlackMR2
Regular

December 2004
Re: Con's RA28 Is it still around? (now with original feature from street machine) Mon, 15 August 2005 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh damn my pics went missing!

i'm assuming CON008 who posted is the owner???

well i think it is such a sexy machine with the mods done to it and in black.

Well Con as far as questions go... what sort of power is it putting out? have you run in on the 1/4 or around any other tracks since the old street machine article? have any other things been done to it since? how has the rover v8 performed?

and importantly.... would you swap it for my girlfriend? (and some cash adjustment if necessary)
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Con's RA28 Is it still around? (now with original feature from street machine) Mon, 15 August 2005 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
blackMR2

PICSORILLKICKURARSE!!

pls! Very Happy
BlackMR2
Regular

December 2004
Re: Con's RA28 Is it still around? (now with original feature from street machine) Tue, 16 August 2005 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FIXED! just put the pics which were on my old computer still on a new image hosting site
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Con's RA28 Is it still around? (now with original feature from street machine) Tue, 16 August 2005 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah man.. good to see them pix again!

so whats the news on the car?
and is there any more pics?
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Con's RA28 Is it still around? (now with original feature from street machine) Tue, 16 August 2005 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stock 18rg is rated 109-140hp

which works to about 80-100kw

which at the wheels is 50-70kw

112kw? i dont think so.

ps mine is a 120hp variant and i have a 60kw dyno sheet to back up me claims.

Cheers

Nathan
fingers
Regular

April 2003
Re: Con's RA28 Is it still around? (now with original feature from street machine) Wed, 17 August 2005 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackMR2 wrote on Mon, 31 January 2005 00:56

several years ago in street machine (still have it at home) I saw an article about Con Mitropolis's Black RA28.

He is from Sydney and the car had a 3.5L rover V8 fitted and was the most amazing RA28 i have ever seen. I used to own a restored and modded RA28 myself.

Anyway just wondering if anyone knows if this car is still around?

It is seriously sex on wheels!

lol! we still have that issue of street machine laying around in one of our dunnies at work! Laughing Laughing

Every now and then I have a bit of a perve on that RA28. Fuckin' lovely! Wink
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Con's RA28 Is it still around? (now with original feature from street machine) Wed, 17 August 2005 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
would be interested in a few details Con.

Like who did the work and how you got it engineered.

Cheers

Nathan
forced_induction
Regular

August 2004
Re: Con's RA28 Is it still around? (now with original feature from street machine) Wed, 17 August 2005 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
did it used to be purple? i recall reading the tech section in street machine (the one with gary myers black/flamed mustang on cover) and some fella from memory his name was con too wrote in and asked about putting a V8 in an RA28... looked tuff as in purple, if it was the same car...
barned01
Regular

September 2003
Re: Con's RA28 Is it still around? (now with original feature from street machine) Fri, 28 October 2005 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'd love to know about the rack and pinion steering conversion to it Smile
what did ya use, what crossmember is it, how much work was involved?
barned01
Regular

September 2003
Re: Con's RA28 Is it still around? (now with original feature from street machine) Fri, 28 October 2005 02:17 Go to previous message
oops old thread...tool twas magicmitch's fault Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Fri, 28 October 2005 02:19]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:diff oil recommendations
Next Topic:new poster
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 07:58:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010360956192017 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.