Toymods » General Car Talk » Bogan Dorifuto - 1,000+rwhp/1,200kg

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Bogan Dorifuto - 1,000+rwhp/1,200kg Sun, 30 January 2005 03:26 Go to next message
Quote:

http://members.austarmetro.com.au/~ls1edit/drift1.JPG

http://members.austarmetro.com.au/~ls1edit/drift2.JPG

http://members.austarmetro.com.au/~ls1edit/drift3.JPG

http://members.austarmetro.com.au/~ls1edit/drift4.JPG

Remember the bare chassis work you saw on the last page? Well, as those that went to the Summernats would know, the Drift car is now in its final stages of build, and ready for the engine fitment

http://members.austarmetro.com.au/~ls1edit/drift1.jpg
Side on its low, mean, and sports a genuine carbon VZ V8 Supercar front bar and side skirts. Notice the track spec brakes under the super lightweight rims. Hidden just to the rear of the wheels is a full airjack system making tyres changes a breeze...

http://members.austarmetro.com.au/~ls1edit/drift2.jpg

VZ Monaro bonnet is used for a little extra cooling airflow....Those with an eye for detail might spot the genuine Supercar widened guards

http://members.austarmetro.com.au/~ls1edit/drift3.jpg

Bodywork has been 'pumped' massively in the rear to accomodate a much wider rim, and all done in metal rather than glass.
Look for this car to debut at the first round of the Fullock Drift Series this year, sporting the 1022rwhp engine from the Crewman. Can anyone say 'smokescreen'?

Car - 2004 Holden VZ Ute
Basic Spec - 6.7 Litre (408ci) turbocharged LS1 - 800kw
Viper (big shaft) 6 speed T56
V8 Supercar front suspension
Coil over IRS rear suspension
Behag Engineering (V8 Supercar shell prep guys) structural cage
V8 Supercar doors
V8 Supercar front guards
V8 Supercar VZ Carbon Nose
V8 Supercar Sideskirts
VZ Monaro bonnet
Air jack system
Projected all up weight around 1210 - 1250kg

Its also got a triple plate clutch, and nice stuff like twin master cylinder hydraulic handbrake

Send a private message to this user    
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Bogan Dorifuto - 1,000+rwhp/1,200kg Sun, 30 January 2005 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked Shocked Shocked Surprised
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Bogan Dorifuto - 1,000+rwhp/1,200kg Sun, 30 January 2005 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rofl - how many drift cars do you reckon there are in Aus with air-jacks built in??!

Gotta admit though, that thing looks strangley gun! Shocked
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Bogan Dorifuto - 1,000+rwhp/1,200kg Sun, 30 January 2005 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lucid wrote on Sun, 30 January 2005 14:39

rofl - how many drift cars do you reckon there are in Aus with air-jacks built in??!

Hmmm..... 1. Laughing I wish I had air-jacks!

It would certainly be interesting to see this thing in action.... I dunno why a company would spend that much on a 'drift' car though - I mean, with drift being a fad and all.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Bogan Dorifuto - 1,000+rwhp/1,200kg Sun, 30 January 2005 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
obviously its not such a fad anymore
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Bogan Dorifuto - 1,000+rwhp/1,200kg Sun, 30 January 2005 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont understand why they have gone to the trouble of doing the guards to fit massize rear wheels in there, when traction is not the point anyway... Confused
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Bogan Dorifuto - 1,000+rwhp/1,200kg Sun, 30 January 2005 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drifting is all about traction

[Updated on: Sun, 30 January 2005 05:36]

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Bogan Dorifuto - 1,000+rwhp/1,200kg Sun, 30 January 2005 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its gonna be costly if the rear quater takes a hit
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Bogan Dorifuto - 1,000+rwhp/1,200kg Sun, 30 January 2005 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
driftintg is about breaking traction then getting traction then breaking traction the getting traction

Razz

u get the point

NOLAN
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Bogan Dorifuto - 1,000+rwhp/1,200kg Sun, 30 January 2005 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That would definatly be a fun ride.
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Bogan Dorifuto - 1,000+rwhp/1,200kg Sun, 30 January 2005 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
imagine the smoke from 1000hp and fat arse tyres like that.

where is that car from, where is the link from
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Bogan Dorifuto - 1,000+rwhp/1,200kg Sun, 30 January 2005 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
glad im not buying the tyres.

All they need now is to put some vb and bundy stickers all over it with a roo bar with hella spotties and big ass mud flaps then it will be a real bogan drifter

Its interesting that the stickers on the bonnet are promoting capa's superchargers but the engine is turbocharged

[Updated on: Sun, 30 January 2005 06:59]

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Bogan Dorifuto - 1,000+rwhp/1,200kg Sun, 30 January 2005 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
eh. V8 supercar crossed with a kilowatt king ute.
Still, I'd love to have that thing, 60L/100kms and all.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Bogan Dorifuto - 1,000+rwhp/1,200kg Sun, 30 January 2005 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Sun, 30 January 2005 16:16

obviously its not such a fad anymore

Rolling Eyes I was having a dig at someone.....
And don't forget the [RUMPIG] number plates! Laughing

Look for it at a B&S ball near you!
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Bogan Dorifuto - 1,000+rwhp/1,200kg Sun, 30 January 2005 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
l0l yes the rum-pig plates are a must.
meeves
Regular

July 2004
Re: Bogan Dorifuto - 1,000+rwhp/1,200kg Sun, 30 January 2005 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont see y everyone is bagging it, i reckon itll b cool to see it running round the track interestng to see how it goes
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Bogan Dorifuto - 1,000+rwhp/1,200kg Sun, 30 January 2005 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meeves wrote on Sun, 30 January 2005 20:54

i dont see y everyone is bagging it, i reckon itll b cool to see it running round the track interestng to see how it goes

Who's bagging it? One of the regulars at Dirftland is a Holden ute and he kicks ass. Top bloke too.

I think it's awesome to see something like this coz it shows people are really starting to take drift seriously and cars like this will push it to a whole new level. (if it performs, that is).
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Bogan Dorifuto - 1,000+rwhp/1,200kg Sun, 30 January 2005 20:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is this the red V8 your talking about???

Watching that guy link the first and second coner was awesome... you didn't expect it from the ute because you would think it would just loop over and over but he has really good car control, throw him into a 180 that handles well and he'll be great
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Bogan Dorifuto - 1,000+rwhp/1,200kg Sun, 30 January 2005 21:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Saw this car on the weekend.

Sure its loud, and its fast on the straight, but the guy cant drift it properly (its a holden so i wouldnt expect him to).

Think of what a $200k budget could do with a decent car!
Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Bogan Dorifuto - 1,000+rwhp/1,200kg Sun, 30 January 2005 22:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree with arch. Saw this car at Malalla yesterday, and although it does look pretty tough and is something different, it isn't particulary impressive to watch..

AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Bogan Dorifuto - 1,000+rwhp/1,200kg Sun, 30 January 2005 22:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arch wrote on Mon, 31 January 2005 08:49

Saw this car on the weekend.

Sure its loud, and its fast on the straight, but the guy cant drift it properly (its a holden so i wouldnt expect him to).

Think of what a $200k budget could do with a decent car!

So it's competing now? Or was it just a demo run?

V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Bogan Dorifuto - 1,000+rwhp/1,200kg Mon, 31 January 2005 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get over the bogan thing...that car is wicked...and deserves credit for all the hard work gone into it.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Bogan Dorifuto - 1,000+rwhp/1,200kg Mon, 31 January 2005 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
V8_MA61 wrote on Mon, 31 January 2005 12:09

get over the bogan thing...that car is wicked...and deserves credit for all the hard work gone into it.

FFS I posted it as "bogan" because it's a V8 Aussie ute.... It's exactly the kind of thing that bogans would love to see, and probably has a bogan-esque "Real Aussie's drive utes" sticker on the back.

As I said before:

Quote:

Who's bagging it? One of the regulars at Dirftland is a Holden ute and he kicks ass. Top bloke too.

I think it's awesome to see something like this coz it shows people are really starting to take drift seriously and cars like this will push it to a whole new level. (if it performs, that is).

You get over it. The point of posting it was to let everyone see it and the amount of work that's gone into it.
4ageeza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Bogan Dorifuto - 1,000+rwhp/1,200kg Mon, 31 January 2005 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes the car was competing, he came 4th, fuck knows how as he was pretty shitful, I handed his arse to him more then once whe i was following him in prac runs, even overtook him sideways at 120 kph haha.

the guy is a knob, the car is awesome tho, i was acctually hoping one of the d1 drivers would drive it.
4ageeza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Bogan Dorifuto - 1,000+rwhp/1,200kg Mon, 31 January 2005 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wtf im signed in as joel...

this was posted by Simon-AE86
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Bogan Dorifuto - 1,000+rwhp/1,200kg Mon, 31 January 2005 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4ageeza wrote on Mon, 31 January 2005 13:12

yes the car was competing, he came 4th, fuck knows how as he was pretty shitful, I handed his arse to him more then once whe i was following him in prac runs, even overtook him sideways at 120 kph haha.

the guy is a knob, the car is awesome tho, i was acctually hoping one of the d1 drivers would drive it.

hey simon whats your take on the judging situation?

reading this triggered something i recall reading from a few other posts about previous judging of drift events. how a lot of the time the best driver on the day doesnt seem to be winning.

is there THAT much politics in the sport already? Are workshops giving the events big cash injections for judging favour of their cars/drivers?

Note to all: this is not a troll, my reputation for funny/lame drifting photoshops does not mean i dont like the sport.

in fact i think looks like great fun, the only downfall in my opinion is the fact that it is judged. (as well as a lot of other new sports nowadays ei freestyle this and that).

which then leads onto popularity contests or companies buying a win, which is the subject im interested in discussing.

soz for long winded post, id really like to hear opinions/generate discussion from people in the know.
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Bogan Dorifuto - 1,000+rwhp/1,200kg Mon, 31 January 2005 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its fucked, i got fairly ripped in what had to be the most contraversial final ever. I came 2nd to NZ's Jarius driving a Cefiro, I pulled off two full laps which clearly were better then JT's, Jarius even hit me due to an error on his behalf. I then ran out of rubber on 2nd lap anfd thought, great, its done, ive won it.

Then full lock called a sudden death match, which was not needed, i knew i was screwed as i had no rubber at all, just wire, still managed to drift two full laps except i was just so damn slow as i couldnt put any power down and as a result i got overtaken,

my bitch is that the sudden death matrch should never have taken place, the winner should have been judged from the first two laps easy as.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Bogan Dorifuto - 1,000+rwhp/1,200kg Mon, 31 January 2005 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon-AE86 wrote on Mon, 31 January 2005 14:01

i got fairly ripped

You get ripped in every comp you enter Simon. 90% of the time, the judging sucks ass in Aus drift comps.
EnFlaMEd
Regular

September 2003
Re: Bogan Dorifuto - 1,000+rwhp/1,200kg Mon, 31 January 2005 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah that ute was ok but nothing too spectacular to watch. Pretty average drifter I think. Would be better off in burnout comps.

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Bogan Dorifuto - 1,000+rwhp/1,200kg Mon, 31 January 2005 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

sounds like a saying ive heard b4

Just because you own a ferrari dosent mean u can drive a ferrari
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Bogan Dorifuto - 1,000+rwhp/1,200kg Mon, 31 January 2005 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon-AE86 wrote on Mon, 31 January 2005 14:01

its fucked, i got fairly ripped in what had to be the most contraversial final ever. I came 2nd to NZ's Jarius driving a Cefiro, I pulled off two full laps which clearly were better then JT's, Jarius even hit me due to an error on his behalf. I then ran out of rubber on 2nd lap anfd thought, great, its done, ive won it.

Then full lock called a sudden death match, which was not needed, i knew i was screwed as i had no rubber at all, just wire, still managed to drift two full laps except i was just so damn slow as i couldnt put any power down and as a result i got overtaken,

my bitch is that the sudden death matrch should never have taken place, the winner should have been judged from the first two laps easy as.

Maybee they just wanted to see more of your drifting
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Bogan Dorifuto - 1,000+rwhp/1,200kg Tue, 01 February 2005 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont know the judges. But im going to go out on a limb here and say.. Theyre not drift kings.

Rob.. In Japan it works perfect with judging because the Judges are masters of the sport and have close to 100years of combined racing experience.

It'd be like Brocky, AJ and ... Richards judging a Bathurst.

That said. Currently the judges probably have 1-2years of drift experience? Probably havnt seen an Option video in their life Or if so theyre approaching it with too closed a mind.

Im fairly confident any of the nsw hachi boys could judge events more aptly. Something has to be done I guess. Someone get a petition going?

And as for this CAPA Ute. It looks tops, great effort of work into it. But from the report from Simon it sounds like its missed its mark. And im not too suprised. Why is it they chose 'the most powerful' holden?. Why not go with something smaller? Astra? (they spent enough money to convert the ute, why not that) I guess its a learning curve they still dont understand that drift is not entirely a power sport and choosing the most powerful 'handle like a boat' aussie icon just might not stand up in this game.

I actually like where its going. The Americans have done the same thing. Theyre Choosing Vipers and GTO's (monaros) with 600+hp to drift. It's cultures and mindsets clashing.

And ofcourse its my theory that Japanese theory will hold strong here. Sure the GTO is working in the usa because their 'drift' tracks consist of nascar tracks with 90m wide corners. But as soon as these cars take on tighter tracks ie. if they ever try and compete in Japan, reality will hit.

[Updated on: Tue, 01 February 2005 08:48]

Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Bogan Dorifuto - 1,000+rwhp/1,200kg Tue, 01 February 2005 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've said it before and i'll say it again

get the d1 drivers that come down to judge, their here for every comp anyway so why not?
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Bogan Dorifuto - 1,000+rwhp/1,200kg Sun, 13 February 2005 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, saw this car at the qld Driftzone comp today, its NOT turbo'd, its not supercharged, just N/A, wasnt drifting too bad, but was good at the long corners, got heaps of smoke, not really drift tho, more power over steer.

only makes 500hp

saw a boosted AE86 outrun it down the straight, and then pull away while sideways Very Happy

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Bogan Dorifuto - 1,000+rwhp/1,200kg Sun, 13 February 2005 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob_RA40 wrote on Mon, 31 January 2005 13:45

hey simon whats your take on the judging situation?

reading this triggered something i recall reading from a few other posts about previous judging of drift events. how a lot of the time the best driver on the day doesnt seem to be winning.

is there THAT much politics in the sport already? Are workshops giving the events big cash injections for judging favour of their cars/drivers?

Note to all: this is not a troll, my reputation for funny/lame drifting photoshops does not mean i dont like the sport.

in fact i think looks like great fun, the only downfall in my opinion is the fact that it is judged. (as well as a lot of other new sports nowadays ei freestyle this and that).

which then leads onto popularity contests or companies buying a win, which is the subject im interested in discussing.

soz for long winded post, id really like to hear opinions/generate discussion from people in the know.

even the banzai battle was rorted. the judges are mates of the drivers most of the time... it sucks coz simon is consistent and always attends interstate events

fucking blows.

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Bogan Dorifuto - 1,000+rwhp/1,200kg Sun, 13 February 2005 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ps. the ute is fucking awesome. now spend that much on a AE86 and outdrift everyone
lol
mikes86
Regular

September 2004
Re: Bogan Dorifuto - 1,000+rwhp/1,200kg Sun, 13 February 2005 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr DOHC wrote on Sun, 13 February 2005 20:21

saw a boosted AE86 outrun it down the straight, and then pull away while sideways Very Happy

yeh was a top battle but that sr20 hachi is out of this world, does anyone know what kind of steering systems or after market products that thing has because i swear he gets more front wheel turn than a bus!, oh and you got to love that "little" bit of camber he has Laughing
driftae86
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Bogan Dorifuto - 1,000+rwhp/1,200kg Mon, 14 February 2005 02:37 Go to previous message
im pretty sceptical about the drifting capability of this car.

i sort of suspect that it will just power over steer every corner and end up facing the wrong way.

you do need some rear wheel grip when drifting, but this much power in a ute...well, lets see how it goes. he had better be really good friends with the judges Razz

i'd like to see it prove me wrong though Smile

[Updated on: Mon, 14 February 2005 02:39]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Mark 2 Coupe at Fowles Brisbane..pics now up
Next Topic:RA60 in PERFECT CONDITION!! What is it worth
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 13:33:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0095319747924805 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.