Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Toyota Crown Picnic, Yokohama, Japan Nov 20 2005 Sun, 30 January 2005 23:20 Go to next message
OK deadly serious here.

I am arranging time off work to attend this year's 16th Crown Picnic in Yokohama Japan.
It is going to be held at the Yokohama Grand Palace Hotel on November 16 2005. I figure on going there a week before, do a bit of halfcut shopping, maybe buy an MX41 and visit the Crown Classic shop (also in Yokohama).

Would anyone be vaguely interested in heading over?

This will also be posted on the Classicrown website.

Oh and here's a sample of what you'll get to see:
http://www.mooneyes.co.jp/crown-classics/events/04 cp/

[Updated on: Tue, 01 February 2005 05:21]

Send a private message to this user    
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota Crown Picnic, Yokohama, Japan Nov 16 2005 Sun, 30 January 2005 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ohh dave, why do u torture me so? Crying or Very Sad

bring me back something special and please dont hesitate to call me if u find some #X23 dashes, instrument clusters, or any other 1974 corona techno-funk u find.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toyota Crown Picnic, Yokohama, Japan Nov 16 2005 Sun, 30 January 2005 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sweet temptation stay away from me!!! Shocked

Serious consideration will be going into this! I have been thinking about a "sourcing" trip to Japan to make a few contacts, and this would be the perfect excuse!
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota Crown Picnic, Yokohama, Japan Nov 16 2005 Mon, 31 January 2005 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dave you Bastard !

I would love to accompany you on the treck but unless there is an unscheduled lotto win in my favour then as close as I'll get is the pics you bring back.

We are actually hopeing to hold our own Crown picnic this year as a follow on from last years Crown Cruise. Once the new board is elcted we can finalise its details so those of us stuck here duringthe main event can still have a weekend of Crownies Smile

CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Toyota Crown Picnic, Yokohama, Japan Nov 20 2005 Wed, 02 February 2005 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Interested to see your rough number crunching please Dave?
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: Toyota Crown Picnic, Yokohama, Japan Nov 20 2005 Thu, 03 February 2005 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK guys I'm going to split this thread and move the discussion part of it over to General Car talk, and leave this one for People to get back to GT about the possability of getting over to Japan for the picnic.
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Toyota Crown Picnic, Yokohama, Japan Nov 20 2005 Thu, 10 February 2005 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah GT what sort of coin are we looking at to go do you think 2 or so grand excluding flights???

I was thinking about coming then not but after seeing those photo's I have to go!!!!
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota Crown Picnic, Yokohama, Japan Nov 20 2005 Thu, 10 February 2005 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok I'll get a more definite price. Obviously I'm heading up from Melbourne so it'll be a little more exxy.
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Toyota Crown Picnic, Yokohama, Japan Nov 20 2005 Thu, 10 February 2005 21:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm not worried about flights its everything else, where would you look at staying etc??

Forgive my ingnorance of Japan but would we have to travel once there and also what about the language barrier anyone fluent in Japanese?
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota Crown Picnic, Yokohama, Japan Nov 20 2005 Thu, 10 February 2005 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A flight to Tokyo, then a connection to Yokohama.

I was figuring some cheapish (by Japanese standards) hotels - see if there are any deals going.

I was hoping that by being incredibly polite, looking totally helpless and carrying a Japanese phrase book I might be right.

I have been chatting to some Crown collectors in Yokohama in broken English and they say the Crown Picnic is the place to be. They want to come down to the All Toyota Day at some stage....so I linked them up to the ToyNats site instead.... Laughing

and I quote one of them:
Quote:

In Japan is very rare to see so many extreme conversion...

Laughing
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toyota Crown Picnic, Yokohama, Japan Nov 20 2005 Thu, 10 February 2005 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
show them pimp boy!! Shocked

you should probably also have pictures of your crowns hanging around your neck, a big smile and definitely some australiana.

Stitt, can i marry your sister and pinch some cheap tickets off you? Razz
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota Crown Picnic, Yokohama, Japan Nov 20 2005 Thu, 10 February 2005 23:42 Go to previous message
I have already sent them pics of the various Crowns here.

They're actually amazed that Crowns have a following at all outside Japan and seem to be blown away by the fact that there are guys doing conversions and even racing them!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:who going to 4s, 6s and rotors at AIR on the 26th??
Next Topic:Who wants to come drag racing? (Dubbo NSW)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 3 18:56:28 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0085809230804443 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.