Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
93soarerTT
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Fully electric Greddy Gauge Mon, 31 January 2005 08:36 Go to next message
Hey all i have since finding my car found that the dude in japan had a boost gauge in it, but it wasn't hooked up, and im finding it impossible to source instructions for it here(virtually non existant)

Wondering if anyone could help me out about installing a Greddy full electric boost gauge on my 1JZ.

A basic wiring diagram would be mint, but anything will help

Cheers Sam
  Send a private message to this user    
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Fully electric Greddy Gauge Mon, 31 January 2005 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had a similar issue with HKS guages. Bought them buty they had only Jap instructions. Got hold of the distributor (BD4's) and explained the situation, and withn 4 hours had the english instructions faxed to me at no cost !!!

What colour are the wires ?

For the record, the HKS had two wire looms - 1 for the sensor and another for the power.

The sensor one should be common sense, but the power one went like this

Red - +12V Ignition on
Black - Earth
Yellow - +12V lighting
Orange - Additional function for replaying/data recording

Cheers

Michael B
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Fully electric Greddy Gauge Mon, 31 January 2005 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
think u left out

white is lights i think

orange might be battery so for memory

i can check my notes tomorrow
93soarerTT
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: Fully electric Greddy Gauge Mon, 31 January 2005 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
be a huge help if you could check your notes, i'll get in contact with bd4's tomoro, whats involved with hooking it up on the engine side?
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Fully electric Greddy Gauge Mon, 31 January 2005 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well does it have a vac line

if its fully electric i pressume theres like a map sensor that comes with it

those wires should match up to a plug on backl of gauge
93soarerTT
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: Fully electric Greddy Gauge Mon, 31 January 2005 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmkay this is what iv'e got, the gauge, with a approx. 7pin wire loom going to a controll box then two looms coming out of the box going to parts unknown, im sourcing install instructions of bd4's at the moment, but any advice could still help.

i Assume one loom that comes out is for lighting, constant and acc power and ground, and the second loom is for the sensor, engine side.

bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Fully electric Greddy Gauge Mon, 31 January 2005 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
93soarerTT wrote on Tue, 01 February 2005 09:24

i Assume one loom that comes out is for lighting, constant and acc power and ground, and the second loom is for the sensor, engine side.

That is what the HKS one is like.
93soarerTT
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: Fully electric Greddy Gauge Tue, 01 February 2005 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
after all this f*cking around, i managed to just wire it up myself

Oh yeah and on the weekend i took it autobarn who refused to work on it as they didn't have instructions, when i ddin't have the instructions myself, i managed, although there is one part that i can't figure out,

there is a yellow wire that i have since discovered is a "Negative warning output" wire, does this mean i can wire this up to a light or chime, to signal if i over boost?
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Fully electric Greddy Gauge Tue, 01 February 2005 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think so. The HKS guage has this function, but needs an input signal , or is set via pressing knobs etc.

Will try and remember to have a look at my instructions
93soarerTT
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: Fully electric Greddy Gauge Tue, 01 February 2005 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh this one's warning level is set with a basic push in and turn needle much like a tacho, i;ll see what happens when i wire it up to my old shift light or something.

Thanks for your help bbaacchhyy
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Fully electric Greddy Gauge Tue, 01 February 2005 22:37 Go to previous message
Yes, if you overboost it will trigger the negative warning light. Not sure what output it is. Guess it would be 12v at low amperage. Try using a relay.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Air Intake leaking
Next Topic:hydraulic clutch in ke30 for 2tgeu
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 08:38:05 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0043199062347412 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.