Toymods » Tech & Conversions » fittin power windows into a ra23 or ta22

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Alfred
Occasional Poster

November 2004
icon4.gif  fittin power windows into a ra23 or ta22 Mon, 31 January 2005 15:05 Go to next message
hey i'm looking to install power windows b4 i upgrade my alarm system so i was wondering if anyone has had any experience in this? apparently the gt versions came with power windows but i dont think that would be very easy to find. so if anyone has any other ideas or perhaps has any parts they might like to sell feel free to reply Very Happy
  Send a private message to this user    
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: fittin power windows into a ra23 or ta22 Mon, 31 January 2005 16:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your right the GT did come with power windows and if you can find the system Shocked mate thats a gold mine!!!

if you go to simons home page (TA22 GT) you will see a section bout the power windows and how he got to fit them on (http://users.chariot.net.au/~stmezz/celica.htm)

the problem with the '22s is that their doors are actually quite small for power window mods, especially with todays chunky motors that they use... now it is possible but MEH what for...

although i wouldnt mind power windows in the car (front and rear) i personally am not going to waste time and MONEY on it... but if i did come across a set of GT power window systems then i would consider it, also since my car alarm has the window function
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: fittin power windows into a ra23 or ta22 Mon, 31 January 2005 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i used to fit universal power window kits that used the manual window set-up. they where a cable driven cog that goes over the spline the window winder handle went on and a cap goes on your door card to cover the hole. they worked well and looked prity neat, kit came with momentary rocker switches, wiring etc.

it's been a few years since i done them though, so i am not sure who supplies them now days (i was at autobarn at the time, maybe try one of their franchises).
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: fittin power windows into a ra23 or ta22 Mon, 31 January 2005 21:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
id love to see some pics of the aftermarket power windows fitted to a toyota if anyones got any.
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: fittin power windows into a ra23 or ta22 Tue, 01 February 2005 10:24 Go to previous message
ive done it to my RA40, piece of piss. i chopped and swapped with a MX62 cressida, works really well.

hound that ed fella (ed_ma61 i think) coz i wrote a tech article about puttin it in my RA40 and he has it

brett
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Average Guess on Price of 1985 Corona SR 2.4L?
Next Topic:R33 Calipers
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 18:52:45 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0043549537658691 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.