Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Cruises and Events » Sat 19th Feb: Toymods Goes to Krispy Kreme's & the Drive-Ins

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Sat 19th Feb: Toymods Goes to Krispy Kreme's & the Drive-Ins Mon, 31 January 2005 03:27 Go to next message
February's official social event is a night at the drive-ins. Following the movies, there will be a drive out to the Penrith Krispy Kreme's for DONUTS!!

For those who have been to the drive-ins before, it's a fun night out where we all hang around and have a chat, watch some movies and eat bucket loads of food. It's a good night out to bring the girlfriend/missus along, so don't be shy.
-------------------------------------------------- ---------------

When: Sat Feb 19th.
Meeting: 6:30pm at Blacktown Maccas. Gates open to the drive-ins at 7:30pm and movies begin at 8:30pm. We will be leaving maccas at around 7:00-7:30pm.
Destination: Greter Union Blacktown Drive-In's. Cricketers Arms Rd Blacktown NSW 2148
Cost: $TBA. Need to verify with the Drive-In management. Will be under $15p/person.

We will be meeting up at Blacktown maccas - cnr third ave and sunnholt road at around 6.30pm for a bit of food for whoever wants it

From there, we will leave at around 7-7.30pm depending on the general concensus and go straight to the drive-in complex and parking our cars in the preferred locations.

Location of Drive-In complex: Cricketers Arms Rd Blacktown NSW 2148

Movies will begin at 8.30pm. Of course i dont know what is showing yet, but will update as soon as i know.

-------------------------------------------------- -------------

You are welcome to meet us at the drive-ins if you want, we will aim to get there at around 7.30-8.00pm at the latest, so that there is enough time to go in and grab some food, park our cars and whatnot before the movies begin.

Once the movies end, and the crowds dissipate - IT'S KRISPY KREME DONUTS TIME!!!. We jump onto the M4 and head out to penrith for some donuts, lots of chit chat and then more donuts.

I hope to see you all there. I'm hanging out for those donuts already!!!

[Updated on: Sun, 20 February 2005 08:00]

Send a private message to this user    
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Sat 19th Feb: Toymods Goes to the Drive-Ins Mon, 31 January 2005 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doh, can't we put it off for a week? I've arranged to go away that weekend... Sad
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Sat 19th Feb: Toymods Goes to the Drive-Ins Mon, 31 January 2005 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry steve - it would make the following weekends far too packed.

6th march = small car sunday
12th march = al palmers all toyota day
25-28th march = easter

so if we added something the weekend before that would make for one EXTREMELY packed month.
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Sat 19th Feb: Toymods Goes to Krispy Kreme's & the Drive-Ins Mon, 31 January 2005 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No probs, was only wishful thinking. I would try to convince them to come to the drive-in instead, but its the same problem of fitting into people's calendars.
secagirl
Occasional Poster

April 2004

Re: Sat 19th Feb: Toymods Goes to Krispy Kreme's & the Drive-Ins Tue, 01 February 2005 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mmm yum, i will be there!
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Sat 19th Feb: Toymods Goes to Krispy Kreme's & the Drive-Ins Tue, 01 February 2005 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
UPDATES: damn Hungtinwood store closes at 5pm!!!

We are going to penrith AFTER the movies.

Sorry about any inconvenience kiddies, its the only way.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Sat 19th Feb: Toymods Goes to Krispy Kreme's & the Drive-Ins Tue, 01 February 2005 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you could always make it another drive in, say one closer to me Smile

ill try to be there none-the-less, havent flown the flag for the takumi clan in a while.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Sat 19th Feb: Toymods Goes to Krispy Kreme's & the Drive-Ins Tue, 01 February 2005 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the argument ALWAYS comes up that we should go to the Bass Hill Drive Ins Razz Read some of the previous drive in threads for the reason why Very Happy

Would be good to see someone flying the takumi flag Cool
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Sat 19th Feb: Toymods Goes to Krispy Kreme's & the Drive-Ins Wed, 02 February 2005 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i know, and i always tell myself ill go anyway especially the rice one which looked tops but im always too lazy. ill try to make this one tho, but im sick of being the lonely takumi at meets Rolling Eyes
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Sat 19th Feb: Toymods Goes to Krispy Kreme's & the Drive-Ins Wed, 02 February 2005 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm interested.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Sat 19th Feb: Toymods Goes to Krispy Kreme's & the Drive-Ins Thu, 03 February 2005 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah well there is unfortunately no rice this time around - that event might come back later on in the year Wink

at least there are doughnuts this time.
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Sat 19th Feb: Toymods Goes to Krispy Kreme's & the Drive-Ins Fri, 04 February 2005 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There's a good possibility a mate and I will be over from Perth that weekend - can we bum a lift off someone?
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Sat 19th Feb: Toymods Goes to Krispy Kreme's & the Drive-Ins Fri, 04 February 2005 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't think you will have any dramas there Clint! Not 100% sure if I can make it yet or not, but I'm sure someone will be willing to take you along..

Some of the Crown drivers would probably have a bit more room anyway!! Wink Laughing
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Sat 19th Feb: Toymods Goes to Krispy Kreme's & the Drive-Ins Fri, 04 February 2005 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds great... Noted down in the diary, will try and make it there...
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Sat 19th Feb: Toymods Goes to Krispy Kreme's & the Drive-Ins Sun, 06 February 2005 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
should be there

my stereo is non existant

i say we rig a jaycar special 1000watt RMS stero into pimp boy for the night
shaneblack
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: Sat 19th Feb: Toymods Goes to Krispy Kreme's & the Drive-Ins Mon, 07 February 2005 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As long as I'm not working I'll be there.
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Sat 19th Feb: Toymods Goes to Krispy Kreme's & the Drive-Ins Mon, 07 February 2005 20:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My car now starts so I should be there for this. Barring incident (which can never be ruled-out in my beast), I have a passenger seat in my ride so if one of the WA boys wants to whore in the RAV...
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Sat 19th Feb: Toymods Goes to Krispy Kreme's & the Drive-Ins Tue, 08 February 2005 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I'll be there

Cint you are welcome to a lift
Croma
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: Sat 19th Feb: Toymods Goes to Krispy Kreme's & the Drive-Ins Tue, 08 February 2005 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think im going, but with some Nissan EXA club (same night, same time, and choice of venue is 50% this venue). i should go with you guys cause i got the Toyota, but my friends already asked me to drive down with him, but still, might see yas there.
Lonx
Newcomer

February 2005

Re: Sat 19th Feb: Toymods Goes to Krispy Kreme's & the Drive-Ins Tue, 08 February 2005 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm with the nissanexa.com group and was wondering if I could checkout the engine bay of someone with a 3SGTE at the drive ins... possible swap coming on Wink (my mate & business partner will be throwing one into his AW11 at the same time)

I just need to check out the rough shape/size to see how it compares. I'm well aware of what is involved in a completely different swap like this.

Hope you guys have a good night either way Smile
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Sat 19th Feb: Toymods Goes to Krispy Kreme's & the Drive-Ins Wed, 09 February 2005 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lonx - pm "joshstix" on these forums, he has done this exact conversion in his AW11, using a gen 3 3S-GTE. Although i dont think the car will be there on the night, its undergoing a rebuild AFAIK.
dipe
Newcomer

February 2005
Re: Sat 19th Feb: Toymods Goes to Krispy Kreme's & the Drive-Ins Wed, 09 February 2005 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi guys,

I'm the organiser of the drive-ins cruise with the nissanexa club. I've just finalised the details and we will be at the blacktown drive-in also.

Our cruise is pre movie activities (mini golf) so we have nothing planned afterwards, though i reckon some would love a cruise for donuts afterwards. So I guess we will cross paths at some stage during the night.

See you guys there. Smile
Dipe
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Sat 19th Feb: Toymods Goes to Krispy Kreme's & the Drive-Ins Fri, 11 February 2005 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm ive just discovered the butterfly effect are playing on the 19th. what to do? Confused
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Sat 19th Feb: Toymods Goes to Krispy Kreme's & the Drive-Ins Sun, 13 February 2005 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hard decisions, i know which is the better though Razz

Dipe,

yeah dude, the exa group is more than welcome to latch on to the cruise out to penrith afterwards. Hope you guys enjoy the mini golf beforehand!

See you all there!
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Sat 19th Feb: Toymods Goes to Krispy Kreme's & the Drive-Ins Mon, 14 February 2005 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do we know what movies are on yet???

Weekend just passed was crap movies... Hope it's not the same for this week...
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Sat 19th Feb: Toymods Goes to Krispy Kreme's & the Drive-Ins Mon, 14 February 2005 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah they still havent updated their listings from the 10-16th dates.... wed morning i will call and see what's showing and post it up straight away. Smile
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Sat 19th Feb: Toymods Goes to Krispy Kreme's & the Drive-Ins Mon, 14 February 2005 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
all good, theres a butterfly effect gig down at woonona so all systems are go! Laughing
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Sat 19th Feb: Toymods Goes to Krispy Kreme's & the Drive-Ins Mon, 14 February 2005 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TheStitt wrote on Tue, 08 February 2005 09:10

Cint you are welcome to a lift

Stitt, May I push the friendship and ask for a lift from the airport, a mate and I get in at 3:35 that day?!
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Sat 19th Feb: Toymods Goes to Krispy Kreme's & the Drive-Ins Mon, 14 February 2005 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stitt works at the airport Laughing
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Sat 19th Feb: Toymods Goes to Krispy Kreme's & the Drive-Ins Mon, 14 February 2005 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know! Razz
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Sat 19th Feb: Toymods Goes to Krispy Kreme's & the Drive-Ins Mon, 14 February 2005 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
At this stage I'm still 'go' for this one...
CoronaC
Regular

June 2004
Re: Sat 19th Feb: Toymods Goes to Krispy Kreme's & the Drive-Ins Mon, 14 February 2005 16:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when will everyone be getting to maccanats? (krispy kremes)
might come down the hill for the meeting at KK

cheers
chris
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Sat 19th Feb: Toymods Goes to Krispy Kreme's & the Drive-Ins Wed, 16 February 2005 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Karl, did you find whats the dealio with what movies are on???
Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Sat 19th Feb: Toymods Goes to Krispy Kreme's & the Drive-Ins Thu, 17 February 2005 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Same time as the Summernats.....

Bummer Sad
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Sat 19th Feb: Toymods Goes to Krispy Kreme's & the Drive-Ins Thu, 17 February 2005 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be there and bringing Clint to I think
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Sat 19th Feb: Toymods Goes to Krispy Kreme's & the Drive-Ins Thu, 17 February 2005 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IM OUT

forgot about a birthday party im going to, have fun.
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: Sat 19th Feb: Toymods Goes to Krispy Kreme's & the Drive-Ins Thu, 17 February 2005 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It would appear, based on the greater union web site, that the movies for Saturday night are:
Seed Of Chucky
Team America: World Police
The Aviator
The Italian Job

Harro. I think I know which of those movies I'll be keen to watch.
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Sat 19th Feb: Toymods Goes to Krispy Kreme's & the Drive-Ins Thu, 17 February 2005 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How much for 4 dozen regular glaze, shipped to adelaide?! Laughing
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Sat 19th Feb: Toymods Goes to Krispy Kreme's & the Drive-Ins Thu, 17 February 2005 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joshstix wrote on Thu, 17 February 2005 22:45

It would appear, based on the greater union web site, that the movies for Saturday night are:
Seed Of Chucky
Team America: World Police
The Aviator
The Italian Job

Movies sound great... I will hopefully be there and will be avoiding the aviator at every chance possible Shocked Shocked Shocked ...
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Sat 19th Feb: Toymods Goes to Krispy Kreme's & the Drive-Ins Thu, 17 February 2005 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joshstix wrote on Thu, 17 February 2005 22:45

Don't know if I can make it now.. Do you have ANY IDEA how
F%$^ING BUSY I AM??!

Just kidding.. Wouldn't miss it Very Happy
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: Sat 19th Feb: Toymods Goes to Krispy Kreme's & the Drive-Ins Fri, 18 February 2005 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn

Apparently on Saturday it is actually The Aviator on one field and Seed of Chucky along with The Italian Job on the other field.

Damn you drive in!!!! Why would you put Italian Job on for one night and make it this Saturday????
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Sat 19th Feb: Toymods Goes to Krispy Kreme's & the Drive-Ins Fri, 18 February 2005 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unfortunately there is a big bubble i must burst.

Every night EXCEPT for saturday night, they are showing Team America. On saturday for some LAME LAME LAME **&#(*#@&$ ()*#&%*(& reason they are replacing team america with The Italian Job.

Thus the screenings for saturday, 19th Feb are:

# Feild 1

1. Seed of Chucky
  2. The Italian Job

# Feild 2

1. The Aviator (aka the homo movie)

grrrr.
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Sat 19th Feb: Toymods Goes to Krispy Kreme's & the Drive-Ins Fri, 18 February 2005 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks like it's field one to dribble shit for a while, then dribble more shit while we perve on Charlize hey?!!!
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Sat 19th Feb: Toymods Goes to Krispy Kreme's & the Drive-Ins Fri, 18 February 2005 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dag Namit Mad Mad Mad ...

I wanted to see the new Chucky Movie but already Seen the Italian Job...

But I was really going to see Team America... Was gunna change fields half way...

Ahhhwell, looks like I'll have to get it on DVD later...

I'll still be there me thinks... About an 80% at the moment...

[Updated on: Fri, 18 February 2005 08:14]

thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Sat 19th Feb: Toymods Goes to Krispy Kreme's & the Drive-Ins Fri, 18 February 2005 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn ! Thats some shithouse movie selection !

No wonder there are only 2 drive inn's left. Ahh well we will still be there. Was looking forward to Team America on the big screen but shit happens and I was really only going for the Donuts anyway Wink
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: Sat 19th Feb: Toymods Goes to Krispy Kreme's & the Drive-Ins Sat, 19 February 2005 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes what rod said. but we will make an appearance because Cassie had a hair and make up trail 2 day and all i can say is Shocked i want 2 show here off Laughing
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Sat 19th Feb: Toymods Goes to Krispy Kreme's & the Drive-Ins Sat, 19 February 2005 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and we want you to show her off Evil or Very Mad haha kidding.

whats the go if it rains tonight? its looking a little dodgy out my way.
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Sat 19th Feb: Toymods Goes to Krispy Kreme's & the Drive-Ins Sat, 19 February 2005 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The weather is looking well dodgy out west, we just had a bit of a hail storm here in Emu Plains.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~indimc/mypic54.jpg

There wasn't a lot of it but the hail stones were huge.

[Updated on: Sat, 19 February 2005 04:40]

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Sat 19th Feb: Toymods Goes to Krispy Kreme's & the Drive-Ins Sat, 19 February 2005 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i have found out that the italian job is playing tonight because the Mini club is turning up....

and this big storm above my head aint looking too pretty either. I'll still be at maccas for the meet up, we will see how things are then Smile
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Sat 19th Feb: Toymods Goes to Krispy Kreme's & the Drive-Ins Sat, 19 February 2005 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Let's hope this shit doesn't last too long... got heavy rain out there right now, and I washed my car last night too. Shoulda figured... Rolling Eyes
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Sat 19th Feb: Toymods Goes to Krispy Kreme's & the Drive-Ins Sat, 19 February 2005 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

puzzle man wrote on Sat, 19 February 2005 14:14

yes what rod said. but we will make an appearance because Cassie had a hair and make up trail 2 day and all i can say is Shocked i want 2 show here off Laughing

Has she!!! Bummer, I can't make it tonight. Take some pics. Smile

seeyuzz
river
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Sat 19th Feb: Toymods Goes to Krispy Kreme's & the Drive-Ins Sat, 19 February 2005 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry peeps but the rain put me off... Also I got a handful of sht to do tomorrow and wanna be up at 6 or so...

Next time for sure Smile Smile Smile ...
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Sat 19th Feb: Toymods Goes to Krispy Kreme's & the Drive-Ins Sat, 19 February 2005 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You guys wussed-out on a great night. Although it WAS raining, and the poor bitch RAV was having a bit of a spit at not having a fully-enclosed bonnet (water getting into it), the rest was pretty damn good.

Met up with the Witzl and Hayley, Craig and Cassie, Rod and his missus, and the Stitt with Clint and his mate (sorry forgot his name Rolling Eyes). After Blacktown Mc's, Clint took a roll in the RAV up to Panthers for KK goodness.

Afterwards we caught up with Dav & Joshstix, and we all rolled around the corner to AquaGolf. Very Happy No wonder I sucked at golf when I was younger - I wasn't doing it "Happy Gilmore" style, which proved to be very effective. Nod

Good night guys, though a bit wet, and the spectacles fogging up at golf, all was good. Wink Very Happy
Croma
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: Sat 19th Feb: Toymods Goes to Krispy Kreme's & the Drive-Ins Sat, 19 February 2005 16:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn, didnt see anyone there, if ppl where there, there sure as hell wasnt much of you. Movies wernt great, but is that what its really about? The Exaclub and myself did the Drive-Ins and then to Krispy Kremes in Penrith, but i was dissapointed to see no big crowds of toyotas.
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Sat 19th Feb: Toymods Goes to Krispy Kreme's & the Drive-Ins Sun, 20 February 2005 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's because we didn't end up going to the drive-in's, and it paid off too because when we were up at KK's it pissed down the whole time we were there. Even up at KK's there was a total of about 7 or 8 cars.
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Sat 19th Feb: Toymods Goes to Krispy Kreme's & the Drive-Ins Sun, 20 February 2005 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah Joel didn't come so it rained Sad

Was a good but quite night. I didn't think I like golf til last night had a bit of fun

thanks to all that came
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Sat 19th Feb: Toymods Goes to Krispy Kreme's & the Drive-Ins Mon, 21 February 2005 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i dogged it due to weather Rolling Eyes there was golf involved?
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Sat 19th Feb: Toymods Goes to Krispy Kreme's & the Drive-Ins Mon, 21 February 2005 08:01 Go to previous message
I think this cruise should be attempted again when there are better movies and better weather....
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Toymods goes to the Drags! 16th Feb.
Next Topic:11/02/05 Twilight drift
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 20:49:18 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0095682144165039 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.