Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Cruises and Events » Al Palmers 4th Annual All Toyota Day - March 12th 2005

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon6.gif  Al Palmers 4th Annual All Toyota Day - March 12th 2005 Mon, 31 January 2005 21:55 Go to next message
Al Palmer is holding his 4th Annual NSW All Toyota Day on Saturday March 12th 2005.

Al Palmer Repairs
Lot 12 Robertson Place South Penrith

Toymods has once again been invited and it is a great afternoon out so I do encourage everyone to get alone and enter or just check out some mighty fine Toyota's.

The Show starts at 12 noon with Judging at 3pm and the show finishing at 5pm. Al also throws on a mean BBQ with food and drinks provided on the day.

Whilst this is not an offical Toymods event we hope to see you all there.

[Updated on: Wed, 16 March 2005 00:32] by Moderator

Send a private message to this user    
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Al Palmers 4th Annual All Toyota Day - March 12th 2005 Mon, 31 January 2005 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My car's booked back in at the panel beater for Monday 7th March. Hopefully it should be ready for this one. If not, might have to disguise the damage like I'm trying to do for Samll Car Sunday.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Al Palmers 4th Annual All Toyota Day - March 12th 2005 Tue, 01 February 2005 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill be there

coz its my birthday
Wink
secagirl
Occasional Poster

April 2004

Re: Al Palmers 4th Annual All Toyota Day - March 12th 2005 Tue, 01 February 2005 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey, that sounds good. I will let Christian know about it, he would want to bring the Mark II.
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Al Palmers 4th Annual All Toyota Day - March 12th 2005 Tue, 01 February 2005 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't be a wuss, bring the Seca as well.
secagirl
Occasional Poster

April 2004

Re: Al Palmers 4th Annual All Toyota Day - March 12th 2005 Tue, 01 February 2005 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok boss, i will bring the seca as well!
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: Al Palmers 4th Annual All Toyota Day - March 12th 2005 Tue, 01 February 2005 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Twisted Evil
mmmmmmm, All Toyota Day
I just might put that in my calendar and try to make it.
Well it is still a Toyota hey.
DavGT4
Regular

I supported Toymods
Toymods Special Events Coordinator

March 2003
Re: Al Palmers 4th Annual All Toyota Day - March 12th 2005 Tue, 01 February 2005 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Always up for a chance to check out schmick Toyota's... might also throw mine in for a bit of fun. It would be great see more Toymods & friends there for a great day out Cool
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Al Palmers 4th Annual All Toyota Day - March 12th 2005 Wed, 02 February 2005 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd like to get mine in there if it's running.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Al Palmers 4th Annual All Toyota Day - March 12th 2005 Fri, 04 February 2005 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will be there!!!
Kurt.R
Regular

February 2005
Re: Al Palmers 4th Annual All Toyota Day - March 12th 2005 Sat, 05 February 2005 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hope to be there but my house got robed by some prick and they striped all my stereo and gauges in the garage.
If I can get the interior fixed in time then i'll enter otherwise i'll just be a spectator.
Who judges this competition and what are the costs and prizes????
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Al Palmers 4th Annual All Toyota Day - March 12th 2005 Mon, 07 February 2005 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just bring it along anyway & go for the hard luck story.
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Al Palmers 4th Annual All Toyota Day - March 12th 2005 Tue, 08 February 2005 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll probably go but the old shitter is no where near worth showing, if rod bring his maybe we'll see whats doing.

However I'm in the same position as joel NFI what i'm doing with work after the 22nd of feb
Croma
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: Al Palmers 4th Annual All Toyota Day - March 12th 2005 Sat, 12 February 2005 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Who judges this competition and what are the costs and prizes????

I think last year and the year before, my Dad was one of the judges along with Al and some of his mates, cant really remember who else. Not sure of the prizes this year, but i think there was some tropheys or somthing.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Al Palmers 4th Annual All Toyota Day - March 12th 2005 Sun, 13 February 2005 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
here's hoping i have my new car there - should be something a little differnt Smile
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Al Palmers 4th Annual All Toyota Day - March 12th 2005 Thu, 17 February 2005 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just got my work roster and I will be there, Don't know if I will be showing the wagon though its not really up to that spec.
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Al Palmers 4th Annual All Toyota Day - March 12th 2005 Tue, 22 February 2005 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not sure if I'm going to be there now.
I'm having a weeks holiday the week upto that weekend, so I'll probably still be interstate.
MAD79R
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: Al Palmers 4th Annual All Toyota Day - March 12th 2005 Wed, 23 February 2005 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i will/should be there was a good day last year
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: Al Palmers 4th Annual All Toyota Day - March 12th 2005 Mon, 28 February 2005 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just 1 quick question. what time do the entrants have to be there to get set up?
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Al Palmers 4th Annual All Toyota Day - March 12th 2005 Tue, 01 March 2005 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think I'll get there at about 11:30 to set up...
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Al Palmers 4th Annual All Toyota Day - March 12th 2005 Wed, 02 March 2005 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im still going to be there!!
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Al Palmers 4th Annual All Toyota Day - March 12th 2005 Sun, 06 March 2005 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I should of gone found out yesterday when at my uncles that Al is a mate of his but i was out ar oran park for the drift meet.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Al Palmers 4th Annual All Toyota Day - March 12th 2005 Sun, 06 March 2005 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Errrr, it's Next Sat dude Smile Smile Smile ...
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Al Palmers 4th Annual All Toyota Day - March 12th 2005 Sun, 06 March 2005 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
woops ok my bad might give me something to do then Laughing
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Al Palmers 4th Annual All Toyota Day - March 12th 2005 Mon, 07 March 2005 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn - I'm gonna have to start cleaning up the car... and find somewhere else to stash the ECU! Laughing
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Al Palmers 4th Annual All Toyota Day - March 12th 2005 Mon, 07 March 2005 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I might come out for a sticky beak around lunch time. Can't stay for the presentations but will hang around for a couple of hours and admire the fine vehicles on display and talk to anyone in attendance.

The celica definitly won't be on show though. I can't even see me getting time to wash it before then Laughing
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Al Palmers 4th Annual All Toyota Day - March 12th 2005 Tue, 08 March 2005 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I gotta put my car back together... Carpet and trims are missing at the moment dude to water leaks... Will throw it back in for the show though...
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Al Palmers 4th Annual All Toyota Day - March 12th 2005 Tue, 08 March 2005 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

gold28 wrote on Tue, 08 March 2005 09:30

The celica definitly won't be on show though. I can't even see me getting time to wash it before then Laughing

You gonna stick a "For Sale" sign on the old girl to see what nibbles you get?

seeyuzz
river
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Al Palmers 4th Annual All Toyota Day - March 12th 2005 Tue, 08 March 2005 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not yet, I need time to grieve a little before I sell it. And to make things worse, it's going like a rocket at the moment. Almost like it's trying to say "don't do it" Sad
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Al Palmers 4th Annual All Toyota Day - March 12th 2005 Wed, 09 March 2005 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll probably be there having a look around at some schmick toyotas Very Happy
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Al Palmers 4th Annual All Toyota Day - March 12th 2005 Fri, 11 March 2005 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
UPDATES - Meetup before and Cruise..

If anyone feels like it, a smallish group will be meeting up at Blacktown Maccas (Third Ave, blacktown) at 10.30am for an 11am depart and cruise out to Al Palmers to get there around 11.30-11.45am.

Anyone is welcome to join this little parade, which will be headlined by Daddy Pimp (minus his 18 inches of bling Sad )

bring the polishing cloths and Meguairs Wink
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Al Palmers 4th Annual All Toyota Day - March 12th 2005 Fri, 11 March 2005 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think i'll come just gotta see if i got money for petrol Sad
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Al Palmers 4th Annual All Toyota Day - March 12th 2005 Fri, 11 March 2005 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I might come out for a look and to take some photos at some stage during the day.. will depend how tired I am from tonight though..
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Al Palmers 4th Annual All Toyota Day - March 12th 2005 Fri, 11 March 2005 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doesn't look too nice out there right now - what happens if it's raining?
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Al Palmers 4th Annual All Toyota Day - March 12th 2005 Fri, 11 March 2005 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
then you bring an umbrella Razz

i'm fairly sure i'll be a bit later on in the day since i'll be out tonight, and i'm guessing i won't be getting any sleep til around 3-4 Laughing
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Al Palmers 4th Annual All Toyota Day - March 12th 2005 Fri, 11 March 2005 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
weather is bright and sunny right now Smile looking good for tomorrow.

i'll have to be up BRIGHT and EARLY to do a lot of polishing, cleaning and more polishing....
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Al Palmers 4th Annual All Toyota Day - March 12th 2005 Fri, 11 March 2005 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone wanna give me a wake up call at 6am??? I gotta get the car back on the road and ready for this show...
lilthug
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: Al Palmers 4th Annual All Toyota Day - March 12th 2005 Fri, 11 March 2005 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive been having troubles finding this place on a map

can anyone give me directions??
thanks
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: Al Palmers 4th Annual All Toyota Day - March 12th 2005 Fri, 11 March 2005 20:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robertson place runs off Batt St off Mulgoa Rd Jamisontown.
Hope this helps.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Al Palmers 4th Annual All Toyota Day - March 12th 2005 Fri, 11 March 2005 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
should be easy to get there for me my uncle lives in jamistown, he sold me the rona and is a mate of al, anyway just finished washing my car first time in 1 and half months and will be there to have a look.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Al Palmers 4th Annual All Toyota Day - March 12th 2005 Sat, 12 March 2005 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just got home was a great day, got to judge best import, couldn't go past the mr2 although it was pretty close between that and the soarer.
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Al Palmers 4th Annual All Toyota Day - March 12th 2005 Sat, 12 March 2005 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Someone post pictures!!

It was too damn hot for me to get out there in the hungover state I was(/am) in..
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Al Palmers 4th Annual All Toyota Day - March 12th 2005 Sat, 12 March 2005 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
didn't take my camera as it is only a slr film, was pretty hto, and some won't be back yet if they stayed back yet, some really good cars, Al Palmers old trueno was awesome me wants that car.
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Al Palmers 4th Annual All Toyota Day - March 12th 2005 Sat, 12 March 2005 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Yeah, it was pretty hot out there. There were some really nice cars there, and that old TE27 Sprinter of Als was the ducks nuts. What a lovely car.

Toymods, as usual, had some good cars on show and my baby won her first trophies ever!!! Smile She got 2nd place for pre-1975 classic and 2nd place for Nicest Interior. River is a happy chappy. Smile

I took some pics and will download them later tonight or tomorrow.

seeyuzz
river
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Al Palmers 4th Annual All Toyota Day - March 12th 2005 Sat, 12 March 2005 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
was good day... quite hot... now im tired.... and my head still hurts.

Here is a couple of pics i took before my batteries went dead Sad

http://www.witzl.com/events/alpalmer05/al 01.jpg
http://www.witzl.com/events/alpalmer05/al 02.jpg
http://www.witzl.com/events/alpalmer05/al 03.jpg
http://www.witzl.com/events/alpalmer05/al 04.jpg
http://www.witzl.com/events/alpalmer05/al 05.jpg
http://www.witzl.com/events/alpalmer05/al 06.jpg
http://www.witzl.com/events/alpalmer05/al 07.jpg
http://www.witzl.com/events/alpalmer05/al 08.jpg
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Al Palmers 4th Annual All Toyota Day - March 12th 2005 Sat, 12 March 2005 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and more....

http://www.witzl.com/events/alpalmer05/al 09.jpg
http://www.witzl.com/events/alpalmer05/al 10.jpg
http://www.witzl.com/events/alpalmer05/al 11.jpg
http://www.witzl.com/events/alpalmer05/al 12.jpg
http://www.witzl.com/events/alpalmer05/al 13.jpg
http://www.witzl.com/events/alpalmer05/al 14.jpg
http://www.witzl.com/events/alpalmer05/al 15.jpg
http://www.witzl.com/events/alpalmer05/al 16.jpg
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Al Palmers 4th Annual All Toyota Day - March 12th 2005 Sat, 12 March 2005 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
was good to catch up with the guys from toymods
that sprinter was indeed the ducks nuts, soooo horn Very Happy
i'll definately be back next year
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Al Palmers 4th Annual All Toyota Day - March 12th 2005 Sat, 12 March 2005 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

My first car trophies.... ever!!!!

http://www.zipworld.com.au/~river/appics/Dsc00619.jpg

seeyuzz
river
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Al Palmers 4th Annual All Toyota Day - March 12th 2005 Sun, 13 March 2005 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
suprisingly river your not as old as I thought. Razz
Your car is awesome, all the cars there were great, a loty of those pictures do great justice for the cars, the paint on the old crown looks brilliant, and same with the old reddy brown beast, they look better in the ppics than they did there.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Al Palmers 4th Annual All Toyota Day - March 12th 2005 Sun, 13 March 2005 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
who owns the silver Ke70 that was up for sale one question, didi you use to get tyres etc from alan Jones pit stop.
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: Al Palmers 4th Annual All Toyota Day - March 12th 2005 Sun, 13 March 2005 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, I must agree there wa ssome bloody nice cars there.
River, you did well mate thats a real nice car you have there.
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Al Palmers 4th Annual All Toyota Day - March 12th 2005 Sun, 13 March 2005 21:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yup a great day was had by all. Congrats for River and Steve (with corona wagon) for the Toymods trophy haul.

Anyone else from toymods take home a trophy??

My apologies for anyone why went home with little fingerprints on their car. My 1 year old son decided he liked a couple of them, In particular steves sterio install and the car with the toy story aliens in the door handles.

rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Al Palmers 4th Annual All Toyota Day - March 12th 2005 Sun, 13 March 2005 22:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.witzl.com/events/alpalmer05/al%2007.jpg

it kills me to see this car,

its........just.........so..........IMMACULATE!!!!

im putting the paint onto my mk p00 this weekend and im not going to be able to match the standard of this brilliant example Crying or Very Sad

well done river what was the category u won? oldest fogie on show? hippest hippey? or arseyest smart arse? Laughing
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Al Palmers 4th Annual All Toyota Day - March 12th 2005 Sun, 13 March 2005 22:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone talk to the guy going on about the mighty celica
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Al Palmers 4th Annual All Toyota Day - March 12th 2005 Sun, 13 March 2005 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Rob... I won the "Most Handsomest Bloke" and the "Bloke's Bloke"
and the "Over 40's Adonis" Awards. I just pipped pretty-boy El Presidente Rod (mainly 'cos his beard wasn't trimmed) and we were both thankful that the Toymods "Face Man" Gold28 didn't enter or we'd never win anything. Very Happy

I had a chat with the guy who owned that beautful Mk2. He's a nice guy and his ride is simply superb. He beat me at the Toymods Fest last October and I was surprised, but happy, that I beat him this time. My aim is to have my car as neat and sweet as his is. It's a tall challenge but at least it'll keep me occupied and help drain the wallet. I'm dying to see your car done up like this... pull ya finger out son and get to it!!!! Smile

RT142... What guy was talking about the mighty Celica? Was that the old guy that was cruising around and jabbering on about his cars? He was a nice old guy... strange and a little wierd, but friendly and strange.. and weird. I bet RobRA40 will get sorta strange like that as he ages.

seeyuzz
river
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Al Palmers 4th Annual All Toyota Day - March 12th 2005 Sun, 13 March 2005 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep thats the guy river, very friendly but overly so, was a bit wierd and once you started talking to him you couldn't get away.

Was ok he started talking to my uncle and i made my escape, Razz
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Al Palmers 4th Annual All Toyota Day - March 12th 2005 Sun, 13 March 2005 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Was a good day, the first time I've been up to Al's. Didn't get to taste the mean BBQ (was too busy with a certain RAV4) but the Coke and Pepsi was very handy. Rolling Eyes Got some shots of everyone's car that entered (I think) on my digicam, I'll see what I can do to upload them tonight if I get around to it. The RAV was looking the best it's been since ToyotaFest -- mind you it's only had one wash since then and now. Surprised It's also been off the road more times than on in that time, and no I don't mean off-road, I mean incapacitated. But it's all good now and she's still sparkling. Very Happy

Some mighty fine cars up there on the day... was a good turn-out for a very nice day (I got sunburnt..) Karl's new acquisition was looking the goods, Ray's Hi-Ace (first time I've seen it) was definitely a surprise package and river's ride pulled in two trophies! Nod Fantastic effort. Also spotted a very nice Soarer and another Chaser joining the Toymods fold. I was a little bit shocked to see the stunt-camel (a RAV4 icon) sitting in the back of "2PAZZO"'s ride stradling a 1 farad cap on a sub-box... Shocked
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Al Palmers 4th Annual All Toyota Day - March 12th 2005 Mon, 14 March 2005 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river wrote on Mon, 14 March 2005 09:59

I'm dying to see your car done up like this... pull ya finger out son and get to it!!!! Smile

well while you were out gallavanting and wining trophies i was toiling away in the garage working on the mk p00.

my body repairs arent up to the standard as i want them to be Sad weekends are not enough, i need more time (been working on it on the weekends and week nights since january) but my old man wants it moveable and out of the garage ASAP. So paint is going on this weekend and i have to make sure people only ever look at it from its 'good' angle (still unspecified).

once its done i will send a MEMO out specifying which angle your allowed to view it ONLY.

bah!
mickandfel
Regular

July 2004
Re: Al Palmers 4th Annual All Toyota Day - March 12th 2005 Tue, 15 March 2005 21:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wonderful day and some great cars,although some of the judging was a bit funny.I spent a week detailing my husband's car,the car was totally unmarked.There was another great car in our categorie.My husband's and the other car was beaten by an inferior car.My husband did'nt care he had a good time,being a women I'm just a bit upset.I suppose the prizes are not what the show is about.Time to climb into the engine bay again,I must have missed a spot! Mad Mad Mad Very Happy
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Al Palmers 4th Annual All Toyota Day - March 12th 2005 Tue, 15 March 2005 22:08 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
what car was yours, hey i judged best import. I wasn't dodgy, just for clarification was the 2 door GT corolla an import cos we were tempted to give it best import as it was better presented than the others ie cleaner engine bay but Al said it wasn't an import it would of been a close call between it and the mr2.
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Week of speed drags
Next Topic:Cruisin The Beaches 18th March
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:31:56 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0077297687530518 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.