Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
greenta22
Regular

July 2004
Mechanic to avoid Thu, 13 January 2005 23:44 Go to next message
just a heads up to people in victoria (and a bit of a whinge)

took my TA22 down to get a RWC at "Name removed for legal reasons" in Bayswater, after a years hard work and they picked up on a few issues, craked brake line, worn bushes in the suspension, few electronic faults etc. dropped off on the 4/01/05, due to be ready on the 7th. called on the 10th (day before i got my license) and work hadn't started. called in on the 11th, 13th, 14th and work still hadn't been started on it, its just sitting there gathering dust. i know its holidays and they are one mechanic short, but its no excuse for being 2 weeks late.
i should have done the work myself, but my folks wanted to pay for it to be done for my 18th present. so now, after 13 months of blood sweat and tears building up this car, i couldnt jump in and drive the day i got my license, or even the same week.
not happy Jan.

[Updated on: Fri, 14 January 2005 00:32] by Moderator

Send a private message to this user    
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Mechanic to avoid Fri, 14 January 2005 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn, that sucks man! Sounds like you're a local, I'll keep an eye out for a green '22. Very Happy
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Mechanic to avoid Fri, 14 January 2005 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sucks to hear man
just keep calling up every day
greenta22
Regular

July 2004
Re: Mechanic to avoid Fri, 14 January 2005 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just went down to toyospares and got a wiper motor, hopefully speed things up a bit. still hasnt touched the car. im tempted to just go and pick it up and take it somewhere else... Mad

im in Mt Dandenong, you'll see me around, if i ever get the car back.
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Mechanic to avoid Fri, 14 January 2005 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
greenta22 wrote on Fri, 14 January 2005 12:32

im tempted to just go and pick it up and take it somewhere else... .

Souds like a good plan to me !!
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Mechanic to avoid Fri, 14 January 2005 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah man that sucks. give another place a call and say that so and so has screwed you around. i'm sure that you'll find a place that will want your business. and i'm almost certain that if you find another place in the area they'll want to take business away from competitors. slack but thats life i spose.

i've done it before to an extent. usual place couldn't work on the car for a while so i rang up another place and they said sure thing bring it in tomorrow morning Smile
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Mechanic to avoid Fri, 14 January 2005 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude go there right now and take it, fuck em, dont stand for that bullshit
fade-e
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Mechanic to avoid Fri, 14 January 2005 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
truenosedan wrote on Fri, 14 January 2005 13:32

dude go there right now and take it, fuck em, dont stand for that bullshit

AGREED!!!!!!!!!! and tel them that another mechanic is gona fix it on the spot...

if that was me i would have taken it the day they said they havent started it... so the 10th and told the to F!@K OFF
greenta22
Regular

July 2004
Re: Mechanic to avoid Fri, 14 January 2005 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, the only thing he has done is removed a brake line, probably so i can't go and take it. i went in, looked for signs of progress and walked out. mum always said if you dont have any thing nice to say, dont say anything.
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Mechanic to avoid Fri, 14 January 2005 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just take it to another place.
Goto waverly auto center. My mate works there and they've done a great job with everything in the past for me. Its on blackburn road right next to syndal station, you cant miss it.
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Mechanic to avoid Fri, 14 January 2005 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey, i live in croydon sth, the street next to mine is in bayswater, like the "border", so i live really close.

can you pm me the name of the place?
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Mechanic to avoid Fri, 14 January 2005 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If the only thing that went wrong was a bit of a delay then this mechanic could probably be classed as average.

As you are only just getting your license you haven't had the joy of enjoying some of the "quality mechanics"[/sarcasm] available in Australia.

My friends and I have had mechanics/dealerships/tyre places try all sorts of BS on our cars:
-Swapped brand new battery for a reco
-"Forgot" to put back one of the crossmember bolts
-"Forgot" to put back diff filler plug
-Claimed a split CV boot = broken CV = $750
-Claimed a split Pwr Steering rack boot = broken power steering rack = $3600
-Used self taping woodscrews to reassemble dashboard
-Put an additional 50kms on the car and used a quarter of a tank during a "test drive"
-Didn't clean rim before applying adhesive wheel balance weights so they started to ping off at about 80km/h after a week or so.
-Informed me that the toe could not be adjusted on the rear of my vehicle when it most certainly can.
-Probably plenty more that hasn't popped into my head right now.

smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Mechanic to avoid Fri, 28 January 2005 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Big willie - I'm in croydon too, so I'll probly see both of you at some stage!

Any luck yet mate?
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: Mechanic to avoid Sun, 30 January 2005 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm in croydon three!! lol could you PM me the name of the business too. thanks.

hope to see your car around mate Smile
greenta22
Regular

July 2004
Re: Mechanic to avoid Mon, 31 January 2005 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
she's all done now, took 17 days all up to change rear trailing arm bushes, caster rod bushes, sway bar link bushes, front drivers side rubber brake line and replace the wiper motor. would have taken me a day at the most id rekon, but oh well.

aust 162, PM sent.
mrsmart
Regular

October 2002
Re: Mechanic to avoid Tue, 01 February 2005 10:19 Go to previous message
Ooh PM me the name of the business too. Pity about your car!
Since your folks insisted on paying, you coulda dropped it into where I work and we could have done it in a day!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Why Optimax is good
Next Topic:Free boost?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 06:48:45 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0073478221893311 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.