Toymods » Tech & Conversions » What to expect to pay for a 4AGZE

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
FLY PSI
Forums Junkie

September 2002
icon4.gif  What to expect to pay for a 4AGZE Tue, 12 November 2002 10:36 Go to next message
I have got a quote for $1350, that is including Loom+comp.
Is there anywhere i can get one cheaper or for the same price in NSW, as the price i got was from JMS in SA and it will cost about $100-$150 for shipping.
Or is this the cheapest i will get??

[Updated on: Tue, 12 November 2002 10:48]

Send a private message to this user    
faulksy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What to expect to pay for a 4AGZE Tue, 12 November 2002 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats not a too bad of a price aslong as its a later 4agze
faulksy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What to expect to pay for a 4AGZE Tue, 12 November 2002 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
probably best to move this thread into the general discussion area
Rex_Kelway
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What to expect to pay for a 4AGZE Tue, 12 November 2002 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm a regular JMS shopper (browser Very Happy ), they usuallt only stock the AFM TwinCoil 4AGZE's

If you indeed live in NSW buy a complete frontcut which are stupidly cheap compared to SA (thats half the reason I hate you eastern seaboard wankers Laughing )

Then you can be assured its all there, and most places will even start and check it all out for you while its in the shop.

Demending on what it costs (probably no more than A$1800) and comes with you can sell off any of the remaining bits from the frontcut that you dont need.

Personally I got mine complete for $650 with loom and ecu. however it was in a couple of pieces. Jusy gave me a chance to clean it up a bit before it goes in.

Also made the 4AGTE manifolds easier to make

[Updated on: Tue, 12 November 2002 23:08]

FLY PSI
Forums Junkie

September 2002
icon4.gif  Re: What to expect to pay for a 4AGZE Wed, 13 November 2002 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont really need a half cut as it will be going into an AE71 rolla (RWD Very Happy ) so i cant really justifiy spending the extra on the parts i dont need.
Rex_Kelway
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What to expect to pay for a 4AGZE Wed, 13 November 2002 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What i actually meant is that if you buy a frontcut. You can sell off all of the parts you dont use for example

- Bigger Brakes
- Suspension
- Dash
- Guages
- Strong arse gearbox and driveshafts
- Lights Radiator
- A/C etc
- Panels (if included)

And all sorts of other goodies in the engine bay. most if not all of which should swap straight over to an equivalent Aussie model. I reckon that sold fairly could get you an extra $500 - $600 or so.

You're also guaranteed that the engine has not been lying around in the weather, the computer is the proper one, the entire loom is in one whole piece and the engine hasnt been beaten around etc.

Adding to the fact that most places can start and run a frontcut you'll see that everything is in perfect working order and that it is indeed the one you're looking for etc.

But if yopu really want an engine package, dont let my comments stop you.

FLY PSI
Forums Junkie

September 2002
icon4.gif  Re: What to expect to pay for a 4AGZE Wed, 13 November 2002 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have just rang around and the cheapest half cut i can get is $2200 and that is local :)it is an AE92 map version, comes without panels. so i may go for the half cut+ i know the guys there so i might get an even better deal then that Smile.
there is one in QLD for $1850 but it will end up costing about the same after it is shipped here.and it is also an AFM version.
Duff
Occasional Poster

July 2002
Re: What to expect to pay for a 4AGZE Wed, 13 November 2002 12:54 Go to previous message
dude...check performance forum...i saw a few months back a guy in adelaide trying to sell a 4agze engine for pretty cheap...about $500 from memory...i could be wrong...but the only bad thing is that it doesnt come with ecu or loom...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Maxing out CT12,s Turbonetics upgrade!! Yes Please....
Next Topic:4AGTE into AE82 4A-C Body
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 14 13:42:40 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0041191577911377 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.