Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Johnny_K
Regular

June 2004
Air Intake leaking Tue, 01 February 2005 13:11 Go to next message
Ok i've been having stupid problems with my 4AGE not starting, all of a sudden it does and managed to go to auto 1 to ask some questions and one guy replied he had a similar problem and it was a leak in his gasket between the head and intake. Anyways in my spare time i tried to see if i had a leak my self, so i poured water over my intake (when it was cold of course) and i started to hear water being sucked in and as well as the engine reacting to it , so yes it has a leak, plus i noticed i have one bolt missing which holds the intake to the head. So i'm asking for kinda two things?, ummmm having a leak in such and area confuse my MAP snesor? and if i got a bolt and tighten it where there wasnt one would the leaking stop or most likely i have to reinstall the thing, please HELP!!!! , oh PS someone mentioned to me that i may have TVIS leak and heard its easy to fix so could i have that ???? THANKS JoHnNy_K
  Send a private message to this user    
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Air Intake leaking Tue, 01 February 2005 18:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pull off the manifolds, clean the mating surfaces, get new gaskets for everywher you pull apart, and then reassemble with the correct number of bolts.
easy huh?
Cya, Stewart
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Air Intake leaking Tue, 01 February 2005 21:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you have water being sucked in between manifold and head, that's a pretty good indication that's where your leak is, not in the tvis
Maurice c
Regular

February 2004
Re: Air Intake leaking Wed, 02 February 2005 00:24 Go to previous message
An intake manifold gasket is pretty cheap, just annoying to fit. I think the last one that I bought was 8 or 10 bucks from Repco. I also have experienced the annoyance of somebody been too lazy to replace the intake manifold bolts resulting in the warping of my intake manifold. Thanks dum dum.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AE86 Sprinter rear brake problem
Next Topic:Fully electric Greddy Gauge
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:15:53 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053350925445557 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.