Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Driften ZZE123
Occasional Poster

August 2004
New Corolla Sportivo Sat, 29 January 2005 12:12 Go to next message
Hey guys wondering if any of you heard any news on the new corolla sportivo? It is apparently supposed to come out around april.

There suppose to be a new power chip placed inside giving more torque. I think is rated to ba 147kW @ the flywheel but I'm not sure.

Anyways I'm happy got a supercharged TTR Corolla and a Corolla Sportivo
  Send a private message to this user    
ScreaminRolla
Regular

October 2003
Re: New Corolla Sportivo Sat, 29 January 2005 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its just the facelifted version of the current sportivo, still with 141kw. I think its due out around march-april
BlackMR2
Regular

December 2004
Re: New Corolla Sportivo Sun, 30 January 2005 15:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Driften ZZE123 wrote on Sat, 29 January 2005 23:12

Hey guys wondering if any of you heard any news on the new corolla sportivo? It is apparently supposed to come out around april.

There suppose to be a new power chip placed inside giving more torque. I think is rated to ba 147kW @ the flywheel but I'm not sure.

you have a supercharged TTR corrola? and a sportivo?

more details please
Driften ZZE123
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: New Corolla Sportivo Mon, 31 January 2005 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackMR2 wrote on Sun, 30 January 2005 23:22

Driften ZZE123 wrote on Sat, 29 January 2005 23:12

you have a supercharged TTR corrola? and a sportivo?

more details please

Yeah man my brother drives a corolla sportivo, so i decided i wanted a corolla as well but they didnt have any new sportivo's back then so i got the showrooms corolla TTR edition.

The TTR edition is the same with the normal corolla just it has alloys, spoilers and a TTR badge on the car other than that it nothing special

Also since i drag my brother most of the time his sportivo's kicks my ass so i decided to get my corolla superchraged it running around 160kW.
ra23mad
Forums Junkie

September 2003

Re: New Corolla Sportivo Mon, 31 January 2005 20:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What supercharger setup did you use?

Did you lower the compression?

What else did you have to do to the engine / engine bay?

cost?

Only reason I ask - is I have a stock 2003 corolla that I would dearly love to put a supercharger on - but got quoted WAY WAY WAY too much for a supposedly 'bolt on' kit from TRD...

I don't really know how long they'd like these engines to last for too considering it's a 'bolt on' for an engine with a compression ratio of 10.0:1 (1zzfe) or 11.5:1 (2zzge)... Rolling Eyes
BlackMR2
Regular

December 2004
Re: New Corolla Sportivo Tue, 01 February 2005 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh i wanna know about this setup too!
ra23mad
Forums Junkie

September 2003

Re: New Corolla Sportivo Tue, 01 February 2005 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Found some interesting things on 'turbo charging' a 1zzfe ....

If it wasn't so expensive I'd consider it for mine Smile

*shrug* enough Hijacking, I'll wait and see what Driften has to say about his setup.
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: New Corolla Sportivo Tue, 01 February 2005 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im interested in the new sportivos aswell, wonder if it looks better then the old shape. hope they fix alot of their problems from factory aswell. i know it will need heaps of money spent to make it as quick as my aw11 but being 4 door is so much more practical

i've only met up with one supercharged 1zzfe in sydney. i didnt knwo how to react when i first saw his stock looking new shape sedan next to me and all of a sudden the s/c winding was so loud.
Driften ZZE123 im not sure how you got 160kw but this guy had a trd s/c kit imported from the state (approx 7g), exhaust, intake, ecu and he told me made approx 100kw. that was enough to overtake me on a 3rd gear rolling. on launch and low gear rolling i beat him
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: New Corolla Sportivo Tue, 01 February 2005 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
he probaly meant 160kw at the engine, not atw, like the 100kw you are talking about.
Driften ZZE123
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: New Corolla Sportivo Tue, 01 February 2005 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys i'm not sure about all the technical details but my bro got the TRD kit from the US. He changed the pullys on the charger and the car. He also got someone to reconfigure the ecu.
new air intake and a cat back exhaust. other than that the rest of the car setup is stock.

The car with the charger has been running for about a month my bro recons it still need a few more tweaks and mods before the car is running properlly.

At the moment i'm driving my bro sportivo seeing he has my car most of the time at shop. I think hes trying to put a cooler on or something. but he's in taiwain at the moment trying to get some cheap parts part to work on the rolla.

After this hes working on his sportivo. He's think about turbo it but anyway more on that later

Hope this helps but i not to good with the technical stuff when my bro comes back from his holiday i get him to tell you more.

Otherwise i hope this helps.
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: New Corolla Sportivo Wed, 02 February 2005 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was told that the trd s/c kit wasnt a performance package but was advertise as more of an economy pack, to get better fuel economy and bit more power out of the standard rollas.

a quick look in the engine seems like the s/c and mainfold is one unit so cant really put a cooler unless u run it before the s/c which isnt ideal. owner told me its cooled by a 5th injector
Driften ZZE123
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: New Corolla Sportivo Wed, 02 February 2005 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i not sure to much about it as i'm not the engineer behind the work being done all i know is was i asked my brother to help me tune it so i could keep up with my friend silvia's, EG6 and EK9. After that my car kind of has become his. So when his finish with it i'll post up some result on what he done to it.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: New Corolla Sportivo Thu, 03 February 2005 01:47 Go to previous message
Did u try to race a White celica in sydney when u had four people in the car last weekend ?
I think i saw u
that car was pretty quick off the line.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Can anyone Help?
Next Topic:Panel beaters in Gosford?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 04:37:26 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0070230960845947 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.